• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Butterfree or Beautifly?

Kofii

Which one do you prefer, both in game and just to have and why?

I prefer Butterfree because of all that happened to Butterfree in the beginning of the show.

Hmm.... I didn't realize how similar they were until now......
In battle, I would never use them, but I like Beautifly better because it is, well, beautiful compared to Butterfree and has a higher Sp Attack.
It also learns recovery moves like Morning Sun, something Butterfree doesn't have.

BlazingFury

Que Sera Sera
Butterfree because when playing LG I caught a shiny Caterpee and decided to evolve and stick with it through the game. It's now one of my fave pokemon and I just prefer it over Beautifly. Plus, I've never used a Beautifly in Ruby.

The Graveler

Rock Thrower
It's hard to choose, but I like Beautifly, because it can learn more moves from Wurmple.

However, I did like Butterfree in the anime.

eeveeon

m'kay
definately butterfree... i always used one in my r/b/y and g/s/c games....

Watermaniac

My 1st shiny ever
beautifly looks cooler, but butterfree it´s just classic

so Butterfree>Beautifly

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
Butterfree is definatly more original, and powder moves are better than healing moves since neither of them last long anyways.>.>

larvitar005

I'm just myself...
Butterfree for me because it's the original

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Hmm.... I didn't realize how similar they were until now......
In battle, I would never use them, but I like Beautifly better because it is, well, beautiful compared to Butterfree and has a higher Sp Attack.
It also learns recovery moves like Morning Sun, something Butterfree doesn't have.
Um... Butterfree DOES get Morning Sun, in XD. Sure, you only get one, but, you can always play the game over if you want another.

Anyways, I like Butterfree more. Don't like Beautifly too much.

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
Tough one. I'd probably say Butterfree.