• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Buy Wi-Fi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twitch

There's probably a sticky or something about this. Next time check.

Anyway, if you have a compatible router the only thing that costs money is the broadband connection. If you don't you have to buy a USB Adaptor. Just check your connection settings, if there's a blue lock it's compatible and anyone can use it, if the lock is red you need a WEP key, but it still works, and a grey lock is not compatible and you need the Adaptor.

medion

The King
Okej? An example: when i get in to the menu in my DS, where i choose play DS-game, Pictochat, Downloads(or something) or Play GBA-game, i choose Downloads. And on the over-screen it says Searching for download softwere(or something). And the green "lamp" is blinking. Is that right?

Ninjit

Banned
Wow, you have no idea do you?
You get a Wi-Fi compatible game (Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime Hunters etc.) and you go to the Wi-Fi menu in the game.
You press the connect button. You are on Wi-Fi.

Also, have you even bothered checking www.nintendowifi.com/? It's the official Website for Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection service.

Ninjit

Banned
Okay. So I dont need to buy a "disk" or something to install wifi ?
If you have a Wi-Fi router, no, you wont.
If you don't have on and buy the USB one, yes you will need to use a disk. Only once, though to install it.

I ordered the Wifi stick from Nintendo by calling them. If you have a wireless internet conection, then you don't need the stick, only the wireless router.

Prime Wolf

I got a Wii!

Ninjit

Banned
Well, no.
You still need broadband or a variation of it (cable, DSL, etc.) to use the USB Adaptor. Heck, even if you have a Wireless router you may still need to buy it, as was my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.