• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW 008: Darumakka and Hihidaruma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
When they show different new kinds of Pokemon, most of the time it is fillers. But there would be some sort of hint for us if one of the Pokemon was going to one of the main characters.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This episode reaks of Gligar.

Probably a filler though.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I thought Filler episodes were episodes where:

1) No new Pokemon appear/No older Pokemon evolve
2) No new move is learned by a main-cast Pokemon
3) No important game/anime character is introduced

Since this episode includes two never-before-seen Pokemon, I'd assume it wouldn't be Filler since it serves a purpose of showcasing new Pokemon in the Best Wishes anime. Well, whatever. I'll go with Torpoleon and just say that we cannot judge if the episode is Filler or not just by the title. I'll agree to disagree basically :]

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Filler, to me, is when no important events happen.

Anyway, I'm slightly thinking Dento is going to catch one.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I'm thinking that this episode probably won't event to much. The only thing I could possibly see happening is James catching Darumakka, but I don't think that even has a high chance of happening.

Isis-sama

From the episode description, it doesn't look like anyone will make a capture . . it looks more like a 'Ash & Co help a person/Pokemon' (i.e. the Darumakka and Hihidaruma who are stealing food) than a capture episode. Then again you never know I guess.

Waterpokes

Since this episode includes two never-before-seen Pokemon, I'd assume it wouldn't be Filler since it serves a purpose of showcasing new Pokemon in the Best Wishes anime. Well, whatever. I'll go with Torpoleon and just say that we cannot judge if the episode is Filler or not just by the title. I'll agree to disagree basically :]

If this episode involves character devolpment, it's no filler. Look at the Zangoose/Chimchar episode in DP.

No new Pokemon appeared nor any old Pokemon evolved. Filler so far? Yes.
Nobody learned any new move. Filler so far? Yes.
No important/anime character appeared. Filler? Yes.

But Chimchar got devolped in this episode, with the Blaze incident, I believe and a backstory connected to Zangoose. I bet that some people will call it a filler, but we learned a lot about Chimchar.

This was a bad example, but it was the best I could find.

I don't think saying showcasting new Pokemon means it won't a filler. Then maybe episodes would be important because they showcast new Pokemon. Then probably 30-50% of the episodes, beginning from Episode 1 in Kanto to this episode, 600+ episodes later, in Isshu, would go from 30-50% filler to 5-10% filler.

If anybody devolps in this episode, like personallity wise or we learn backstory, like maybe from Dento or Iris, I won't call it filler.

I personally like to categorize fillers from exciting to terrible. A funny filler would be exciting and I wouldn't mind that, too much, while a boring filler would be terrible and that's what I don't want to see.

If this is a filler, and it happens to be entertaining, I wouldn't mind that. If this is filler is Johto-filler material, then I'll watch it and never look back again.

thebluemarc

King of the World
Fillers are episodes that are not crucial too the main plotline.

Torpoleon

A filler can still have a new Pokémon appear in the anime. With the important game/anime character, I don't know.

We'll just have to wait and see. Not that it really matters if an episode is a filler or not, so I probably shouldn't have brought that up.

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
I just have a feeling that no one will catch them.

I can't believe people are saying this. Whilst there is a slight chance no-one will capture atleast Darumakka look at the opening theme! There is a Darumakka next to Koromori, unless James catches one later which is unlikely i'm 90% sure James is catching Darumakka.
(The Pokemon next to Koromori doesn't fit anything else but Darumakka)^_^

BlueVapor

Why is it that every new episode title, there's post after post saying "*insert character here* should catch *insert Pokemon here*"?

Chimchar15

Ok but explain the importance of the Togepi Episode in DP and the Electrike Episode in DP, and the Misdreavus/Murkrow DP Episode... They didn't showcase ANY new Pokemon, so these episodes were useless, just to make the series longer, which is what fillers are for too, aside from getting a little off track of the main story.

Please re-read my post. I said that the anime's purpose is to show off Pokemon new or old. As long as Ash and Pokemon are in the episode then guess what it isn't filler. It doesn't matter whether you find the episode interesting, or if there is no character development. The Pokemon anime is like other animes where there is a strong storyline more or less set by a manga or another source. The anime is loosely based off the games, beating the gym leaders and fighting the Pokemon league with a couple of interactions with the bad guy team. Also like I said it is to show off every Pokemon new or old. It doesn't matter if Ash is just helping some Cotd or fighting Team Plasma every episode has importance. So yeah Pokemon has no actual fillers just some lackluster episodes.

thunderblade12

Why is it that every new episode title, there's post after post saying "*insert character here* should catch *insert Pokemon here*"?

It's always been like this, no worries.

It's weird how we could be 8+ episodes into the series before James gets a single pokemon though. Unless he catches a pokemon the way he caught Cacnea or the way Jessie caught Wurmple/Koromori in BW004-007.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
And so, the writers continue to focus on Pokes we found out about early on. Come on, gimme a Buffafro episode already! wait why am I complaining this is only episode EIGHT

Did I miss where there was a ZOMG HUGE HINT that James would catch one of these things? The only hint I see is that Darumakka's silouette appears next to Koromori in the OP, but...the hell kind of hint is that? Going by that logic, Iris might get a Janoby if her Kibago evolves all the way, or else Shooti's getting Ononokusu since he has a Janoby. After all, OMG ONONOKUSU APPEARS NEXT TO JANOBY IN TEH OPENINGZ!! Hell, those two pop up IMMEDIATELY before Koromori/Darumakka do.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
^ I was about to state that and since there is a Kibago near Pokabu's stage 1 and a shikijika that must mean Iris will be catching those seriously the only Pokemon that i see that could catch Hihidaruma is ash.

talala

<insert magnezone debut episode here>

end filler talk, we don't know until it aires, discuss it in the episode thread in a few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.