• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW 023-024 - Team Rocket VS Team Plasma (Parts 1 & 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I don't know when these episodes will air, but I'm positive they will. Hopefully around BW033

ijea4444

Saying they are postponed is exactly that - saying it. Look how at how many times the Global Link was and has been delayed in both languages after 'saying' it would open on a certain date. I'll believe these are actually airing when I have them on the screen in front of me.

Not only is Global Link an entirely different problem(its like saying, my homework assignment yesterday was postponed, so now i believe i'll never see TR arc!), but they were closed for different reasons. Global Link was delayed because of faulty planning and not having the server power to hold the millions of BW users, TR arc was delayed to be more sensitive those affected by the disaster. I know GL has now been delayed because of the EQ, but thats only because they're to sissy to reveal GL, probably trying to prolong the money they'll have to spend to keep the servers up. Anyway, TR arc could theoretically be put on anytime they're not restricted like GL was, and seeing as it hasn't been it on, its probably just like they said, postponed. A few weeks isn't enough for people to get over it. A month or two, even that isn't very good, but would make for a better release date.

Honestly, just don't worry about it. You're stressing yourself out for no reason. I wouldn't be surprised if it really was delayed for 1-3 months, its a very hard time in Japan, and it just isn't sensitive to be playing it.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
You're reading too much into what I said.

Global Link was given a date, then it was delayed. That can very well happen here. Until the broadcast has actually begun, anything TV Tokyo says is just that - words.

What frustrates me is that people think there ever will be a time when airing these actually is appropriate. A nuclear incident just doesn't go away in '1 to 3 months.'

ijea4444

You're reading too much into what I said.

Global Link was given a date, then it was delayed. That can very well happen here. Until the broadcast has actually begun, anything TV Tokyo says is just that - words.

What frustrates me is that people think there ever will be a time when airing these actually is appropriate. A nuclear incident just doesn't go away in '1 to 3 months.'

I clearly said, even a month or two isn't enough for Japan to get over this ordeal. But its much better than releasing it almost immediately after the disaster.

Even if being postponed is just 'words', just 'words' is plenty more than ridiculous fan speculation.

Grei

not the color
I personally think these episodes will be aired in the US, at least, since the US isn't experiencing such a catastrophe.

I believe something like that happened in the past, right? Some sort of episode in Japanese was postponed, and then it was aired in English in the correct order?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I personally think these episodes will be aired in the US, at least, since the US isn't experiencing such a catastrophe.

I believe something like that happened in the past, right? Some sort of episode in Japanese was postponed, and then it was aired in English in the correct order?

The Whiscash & Barboach Episode(Originally AG101) was set to air but was "skipped" in Japan because of earthquakes that occured just days before & it involved earthquakes but the US didn't air this.

Bell56

The One and Only
There was that episode that had Tentacruel destroying skyscrapers that aired in Japan, but never aired in the U.S. because of 9/11.

matt0044

The Whiscash & Barboach Episode(Originally AG101) was set to air but was "skipped" in Japan because of earthquakes that occured just days before & it involved earthquakes but the US didn't air this.

That AG episode was filler where as this two parter is too important to skip in any countries. US included.

Hell, TV Tokyo has stated that they will air it eventually, meaning that they know how important these episodes are

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
There was that episode that had Tentacruel destroying skyscrapers that aired in Japan, but never aired in the U.S. because of 9/11.

Initially, it did air in the United States. I think you mean that it didn't air in the United States after the events of 9/11.

Anyway, I no longer care whether these episodes are skipped. I was going crazy since I was expecting them to be aired soon but now I've realized that it just doesn't matter. The reason I don't think it matters is because I'm sure I would've been disappointed by something in these episodes at one point. These types of episodes are always over-hyped and turn out to be just average, so I've learned not to expect much from them. I also get that it isn't the proper time to be showing these episodes in Japan. Anyway, the way other people are talking about these episodes, you'd think that God himself was making an appearance or something :x

Last edited:

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
"skipped" in Japan because of earthquakes that occured just days before & it involved earthquakes but the US didn't air this.

That was earthquakes for earthquakes thought wasnt it? Do we even know what the controversial content is in these eps? I mean, Im assuming that it was the part where the ground shatters.......Im not sure whether that is intrinsically linked to earthquakes to a sufficient extent to cause them not to dub it.

The reason I don't think it matters is because I'm sure I would've been disappointed by something in these episodes at one point. These types of episodes are always over-hyped so I've learned not to expect much from them.

Episodes like Cresselia v Darkrai were different though. These looked amazing and Im sure they will be someday.

The way other people are talking about these episodes, you'd think that God himself was making an appearance :x

And that Arceus movie was rubbish wasnt it? :D

Teshub

Banned
So people are having the same discussion since two ago.

This is what we know:

1. On the TV-Tokyo episode page it was stated that they will air the episodes later [they did not give a definite date or time frame]

2. The fact that the episodes are not airing is correlated with the tragedies that occurred in Japan

3. The situation in Japan from said tragedies is not something that immediately gets better and can simple move on, they are tackling a nuclear problem with still unforeseeable consequences

4. Some fans are speculating that these episodes are too important to be skipped

This is what we don't know:

1. Are the episodes [or even this series for that matter] important enough for TV-Tokyo to risk bad publicity for their whole company?

Kdude146

I don't know when these episodes will air, but I'm positive they will. Hopefully around BW033

yes they will air before BW033 cuz it will make a bigger plot hole or if they skip BW033 the plot hole will be even bigger if the don't show BW023, BW024 and BW026 so they will show the three episodes in May so then BW033 will be at the end of May and by June the show will be back on track

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
if they do air it soon I think they might just air it as an hour long episode to get it over with.

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Does anyone know when any best wishes episodes will air in the UK? I saw the first two eps in the school holidays but i'm still waiting on more.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
So people are having the same discussion since two ago.

This is what we know:

1. On the TV-Tokyo episode page it was stated that they will air the episodes later [they did not give a definite date or time frame]

2. The fact that the episodes are not airing is correlated with the tragedies that occurred in Japan

3. The situation in Japan from said tragedies is not something that immediately gets better and can simple move on, they are tackling a nuclear problem with still unforeseeable consequences

4. Some fans are speculating that these episodes are too important to be skipped

This is what we don't know:

1. Are the episodes [or even this series for that matter] important enough for TV-Tokyo to risk bad publicity for their whole company?

Seeing that they made trailers for the damn thing and that there're episodes leading up to it, then there's possibility that TV Tokyo give what they promise.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I fear now after finding out the Whiscash ep was "postponed" and not immediately banned that there is a chance they'll never appear

Then again that ep was directly linked to an Earthquake whereas this is quite different

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Then again that ep was directly linked to an Earthquake whereas this is quite different

Yep. Destroying a city(possibly) is better than an Earthquake doing almost nothing at all.

I wish we knew what Pikachu was doing in that one trailer, though.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt

Are you kidding me?! I distinctly remember that episode being aired in the US PRIOR TO 9/11! Not only that, but that episode was part of the INDIGO SAGA, and by the time 9/11 happened, Gold and Silver had already been released in the US, and THE INDIGO LEAGUE WAS OVER! Now I will concede that that scene was edited out of reruns of the episode, but don't you DARE try to tell me that no one ever saw that episode in the US!

Nacreous

Fire trainer
So,if these episodes won't air in Japan for some time is there a chance that we'll see the US versions first?

Status
Not open for further replies.