• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW 025 Castelia Gym Match! Pure-Hearted Bug Pokémon Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

The third Gym battle already, eh? Interesting. I was expecting Ash's Pidove to evolve before then, but now I'm not so sure, since it's turned up so fast. And Fushide as well, also very interesting. I'm guessing it'll be Arty's, and it could evolve into Hoiiga before the Gym battle.
Maybe it could have a random evolution between now and BW025, or during the gym battle. Dawn's Swinub evolved into Piloswine in DP104, so evolutions can be somewhat random without the Pokémon being focused on for the episode. Or, Pidove could evolve during the gym battle and get a win.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The third Gym battle already, eh? Interesting. I was expecting Ash's Pidove to evolve before then, but now I'm not so sure, since it's turned up so fast. And Fushide as well, also very interesting. I'm guessing it'll be Arty's, and it could evolve into Hoiiga before the Gym battle.

Who said she hasn't?

gliscor&yanmega

I like the pacing. If ash get's kurimuru do we think it would be fully evolved and star in this gym? I want to see the complete list of titles up to ep25 now!

Well I'm sure Kurumiru will have enough happiness from Ash by then, but it all depends if it'll evolve into Kurumiyu first.

I think the Pokemon Ash would for sure use are Tepig, and Pidove.

But I'm wondering if the writers will have Arty's Hahakomori be able to withstand Fire and Flying attacks, in which case the victory would go to Ash's third Pokemon. I wouldn't mind that. Have Tepig beat one Pokemon, Pidove another, then whoever the last one is beats Hahakomori.

I want it to go like this:
Pidove vs Hoiiga-Pidove wins and is recalled. It takes a bit of damage.
Tepig vs Ishizumai-Tepig wins. It takes a bit of damage.
Tepig vs Hahakomori-Hahakomori wins easily.
Pidove vs Hahakormori-Hahahkomori wins easily.
Sandile/Snivy-Sandile/Snivy wins with a bit of difficulty.

Someone evolves in this episode, unless they evolve the episode before or something.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Wow this is fast paced, i hope we get gym battles every 10-9 episodes now, meaning, if it continues this way, Ash gets his final badge some where near episode 75.

Torpoleon

This is how I think the battle will go:

Pidove VS Iwaparesu (Pidove is recalled)
Tepig VS Iwaparesu (Tepig is recalled)
Snivy VS Iwaparesu (Snivy wins)
Snivy VS Holiga (Holiga wins)
Tepig VS Holiga (Draw)
Pidove VS Hahkomori (Pidove Evolves)
Hatooboo VS Hahakmori (Hatooboo wins)

I'm under the assumption that Kurumiru is Arti's and that the Fushide in BW022 is Arti's and evolves in BW022. I think that the Pokémon that hatches from the Egg wont be used in this gym battle but will watch it.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
This is how I think the battle will go:

Pidove VS Iwaparesu (Pidove is recalled)
Tepig VS Iwaparesu (Tepig is recalled)
Snivy VS Iwaparesu (Snivy wins)
Snivy VS Holiga (Holiga wins)
Tepig VS Holiga (Draw)
Pidove VS Hahkomori (Pidove Evolves)
Hatooboo VS Hahakmori (Hatooboo wins)

I'm under the assumption that Kurumiru is Arti's and that the Fushide in BW022 is Arti's and evolves in BW022. I think that the Pokémon that hatches from the Egg wont be used in this gym battle but will watch it.

Kurumiru is Ash's. The egg hatches into Zuruggu.

playerking

The egg hatches into Zuruggu.
Not confirmed, just saying.

This is how i think it will go, Ash's Kurumiru, should be in this battle because

I only think the bug should be in the battle because it's stage 2 evolution is possibly with Arty.

Think about it

Lt. Surge
Pikachu faced Raichu

Winnona
Swellow vs. Swellow

Gardenia
Turtwig vs. Turtwig

Crasher wake
Buizel vs. Floatzel

I think whenever Ash has a Pokemon on his main team, that a gym leader also has, or the pre/evolution of it, they want them to face each other.

So Tsutaja vs. Ishizumai, Tsutaja

Fushide vs. Mamapeto, Mamapeto recalled

Fushide vs. Tsutaja, Fushide,

Mamapeto vs. Fushide, Mamapeto (It might of already evolved, if not i hope this is where it evolves)

Kurumiru vs. Hahakomori, Hahakomori wins

Hatoopoo vs. Hahakomori, Hatoopoo.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
He better use Pidove and Snivy. The girls are being neglected of gym battles. Time for some female power.

IF Ash uses Tepig, I hope it loses. Three gyms in a row, 4 battles counting the rematch. You've proven yourself little pig.

Torpoleon

Kurumiru is Ash's. The egg hatches into Zuruggu.
Really? Can you post a link to where you heard that? Either way, what is so wrong with Arti having a Hahakomori anyways?

GaZsTiC

Alternating
just saying.

Ooooh. Burn!

He better use Pidove and Snivy. The girls are being neglected of gym battles. Time for some female power.

Pidove really is being shafted. Its a shame since Swellow and Staraptor received a good amount of attention. Maybe the writers don't want another ultra-strong flyer?

Really? Can you post a link to where you heard that?

Unfortunately, I do not have the link. You could either lurk the Next Pokemon thread or The Egg thread's last few pages and see if you can find it. OR, another user could maybe provide the link. Please?

Either way, what is so wrong with Arti having a Hahakomori anyways?

Nothing. I'm sure he will have one.

(Slightly spammy, but I have found the most awesome smilie ever: :snowlax: Using this everywhere!!)

gliscor&yanmega

IF Ash uses Tepig, I hope it loses. Three gyms in a row, 4 battles counting the rematch. You've proven yourself little pig.

Well Tepig may not get many Gyms afterwards. The only one I can see it for sure being used in again would be the Ice Gym. I can possibly see it being used in the Dragon Gym but it's hard to say who would be in that one.

Every other gym probably wouldn't be Tepig's thing since it'll be at a big disadvantage or someone else on Ash's team will be at an advantage and used. So I think it can just get one win here then get another win in the Ice Gym and that's good enough for it.

playerking

Unfortunately, I do not have the link. You could either lurk the Next Pokemon thread or The Egg thread's last few pages and see if you can find it. OR, another user could maybe provide the link. Please?

Oh so what you're saying is that you think it's confirmed, when it really isn't.

Lol, anyway, i don't want Pokabu to star in 3 gym in a row, i mean come on, let Ash's other Pokemon have a shot.

Torpoleon

Hmm, OK. I did hear people say that they saw a toy that said Ash's Kurumiru, so that probably does mean it is Ash's. I just think that it should watch the Gym Battle because it could just be used in Yakon's Gym.

Pidove & Tepig should be used due to a clear type advantage and Snivy is strong, so she should be able to at least tie with one of Arti's Pokémon. If, for some reason, the battle is 4 on 4 (I doubt it will be), Kurumiru would be Ash's 4th Choice (now I am under the assumption that Kurumiru is Ash's based on the toy I heard about). Regardless, I just hope Ash's Pidove evolves (or is evolved by the time the battle occurs, maybe BW023 or BW024?) and that Ash wins the gym battle.

Dax

Legend
Pidove really is being shafted. Its a shame since Swellow and Staraptor received a good amount of attention. Maybe the writers don't want another ultra-strong flyer?

I don't think that's the reason. Remember that both Starly and Taillow started losing every battle they were win. It wasn't until they evolved that their true power was shown.

I have a feeling that once Hatoopo comes in, we'll see the bird stand strong in battle.

playerking

At least Mamapeto won a battle (To capture Tsutaja). So it should be the main star here, to get more credibility.

RickHoenn

Banned
I'm happy this saga is going to be fast pace, three badges by 25 episodes is awesome, we were just not used to this, since Johto by this time Ash only had 1 badge =/, I think Best Wishes will end up being my favorite saga!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Maybe it could have a random evolution between now and BW025, or during the gym battle. Dawn's Swinub evolved into Piloswine in DP104, so evolutions can be somewhat random without the Pokémon being focused on for the episode. Or, Pidove could evolve during the gym battle and get a win.

Swinub was a random pokemon.. A Dawn pokemon with no character traits that set it apart from other already known pokemon.. The only thing that saved Swinub was evolving..

If DP104 was called: Darkrai vs Cresselia! Swinub follow your nose!! Then nobody would've called Swinub's evolution random, as it made sense as how Swinub had a bigger then average part in that episode and was specifically called on for its strong sense of smell. Using that to locate Cresselia by tracing the scent of Dawn's Lunar Wing. But since it wasn't explicitly mentioned in the title, it's somehow random.

That being said, how many pokemon of Ash's have evolved randomly? The only one I can generally think of from the top of my head was Torterra in the Sunyshore Tower episode... It wasn't used for any specific reason other then to fight Team Rocket on one occasion and it just evolved.

Ow, and Quilava was kinda random as well, but it got some build up all the way from the time it was in Johto when Ash wanted it to evolve.. but didn't.. Gosh, I hope might is reading this..

This is how i think it will go, Ash's Kurumiru, should be in this battle because

I only think the bug should be in the battle because it's stage 2 evolution is possibly with Arty.

Think about it

Lt. Surge: Pikachu faced Raichu
Winnona: Swellow vs. Swellow
Gardenia: Turtwig vs. Turtwig
Crasher wake: Buizel vs. Floatzel

I think whenever Ash has a Pokemon on his main team, that a gym leader also has, or the pre/evolution of it, they want them to face each other.

So Tsutaja vs. Ishizumai, Tsutaja

Fushide vs. Mamapeto, Mamapeto recalled

Fushide vs. Tsutaja, Fushide,

Mamapeto vs. Fushide, Mamapeto (It might of already evolved, if not i hope this is where it evolves)

Kurumiru vs. Hahakomori, Hahakomori wins

Hatoopoo vs. Hahakomori, Hatoopoo.

By that reasoning, we should also have to see Fuuro's Kenhorou vs. Ash's Kenhorou when the time comes. That would mean that Kenhorou would've had two gyms to star in.. Which is a lot for a bird, especially considering that this bird has done nothing impressive yet at all. And if so, the gym pickings would probably look something like this:

Sanyou: Mijumaru
Shippou: Mijumaru (unless they let Miruhog be the lesser and make Haderia out to be the star of Aloe's team, then it would be Pokabu)
Hiun: Hatooboo (according to you)
Raimon: Meguroko? Waruvile? Pikachu? Tsutaja? (If Meguroko becomes part of the team at that time)
Hodomoe: Tsutaja? Mijumaru?
Fukuyose: Kenhorou (according to your logic)
Sekkai: Pokabu (evolved I think -> Enbuoh vs. Tsunbeaa)
Souryuu: Pikachu?

Lol, if Ash has Waruvile by the time he reaches Hodomoe, and Iris has Doryuuzu.. That would make Yakon's line up seem like complete pushovers except for his.. Gamagaru.. Since they're already on the team and such..

Really? Can you post a link to where you heard that? Either way, what is so wrong with Arti having a Hahakomori anyways?

Nothing wrong with Arty having a Hahakomori, but you said that the Kurumiru that's basically confirmed to go to Ash will become his. I think that was his point, not objecting to Arty having a Hahakomori..

Torpoleon

I'm happy this saga is going to be fast pace, three badges by 25 episodes is awesome, we were just not used to this, since Johto by this time Ash only had 1 badge =/, I think Best Wishes will end up being my favorite saga!
Well, we don't know that Ash will win his gym battle against Arti. Of course if he does lose (which I hope doesn't happen), he should have the badge by BW027, so we shouldn't say that Ash has three badges by BW025.

playerking

That would mean that Kenhorou would've had two gyms to star in.. Which is a lot for a bird

I see no problem for it two star in more than one gym. Plus maybe it goes differently and Kenhorou is defeated buy the gym leaders one and another Pokemon wins it for it.

Also, maybe it stars in 6th gym, but it isn't the last Pokemon to battle.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
At least Mamapeto won a battle (To capture Tsutaja). So it should be the main star here, to get more credibility.

Technically, it only weakened Snivy, it didn't defeat anyone so I wouldn't call it a win.

Reading Locormus posts makes me want Pidove to star in two gyms. After all, even if Staraptor had a good gym performance it didn't star in any gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.