• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW 025 Castelia Gym Match! Pure-Hearted Bug Pokémon Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Technically, it only weakened Snivy, it didn't defeat anyone so I wouldn't call it a win.

Reading Locormus posts makes me want Pidove to star in two gyms. After all, even if Staraptor had a good gym performance it didn't star in any gym.

The thing is that if Mijumaru is to fully evolve, then it better win some battles.. And by the time we get to Fukuyose, I could hardly say that the battle against Yanappu counted if you know what I mean..

That being said.. I can actually see Mijumaru evolving to Futachimaru and that's it for the league for it. Then Tsutaja can fully evolve due to being owned by a different trainer and thus being experienced enough already, and Pokabu could evolve fully due to feeling depressed after each loss and then working hard to become strong, as a fully evolved Enbuoh.

Pikachu, Kenhorou, Futachimaru, Enbuoh, Jalorda, Hahakomori, Waruvile. Whatevers next..

That doesn't look too bad.

RickHoenn

Banned
Well, we don't know that Ash will win his gym battle against Arti. Of course if he does lose (which I hope doesn't happen), he should have the badge by BW027, so we shouldn't say that Ash has three badges by BW025.

I don't think the writers has made Ash loses two gym battles in a row (since Johto)

In Johto he only lost in Goldenrod and the last gym battle was interrupted, in Hoenn the first unofficial with Norman and then Brawly. In Sinnoh he lost against Roark and then unofficial with Gardenia and tied with Maylene.

I just don't think Ash will lose again, Arti looks intimidating tho lol

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
At the pace this is going, I'm starting to think that the writers are leaving an awful lot of room for something specific. Something that might involve a particular pair of Legendary Pokemon and a guy with a one-letter name who wants to befriend them. But that's getting off-topic, now isn't it?

Anyway, it's nice to see them getting to Hiun this soon. I'm going to take a wild guess and figure that the gym battle episode is only part 1 - the writers seem fond of making gym battles take up more than one episode so far(even if the Sanyo battle only took up part of BW006), and giving the battles more time can only make them more interesting.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
This is how I think the battle will go:

Pidove VS Iwaparesu (Pidove is recalled)
Tepig VS Iwaparesu (Tepig is recalled)
Snivy VS Iwaparesu (Snivy wins)
Snivy VS Holiga (Holiga wins)
Tepig VS Holiga (Draw)
Pidove VS Hahkomori (Pidove Evolves)
Hatooboo VS Hahakmori (Hatooboo wins)

Couldn't agree more with this line-up. A draw for Tepig would be great, while making Snivy get a win and Pidove starring either as a Pidove or Hatooboo would be fine with me.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
The thing is that if Mijumaru is to fully evolve, then it better win some battles.. And by the time we get to Fukuyose, I could hardly say that the battle against Yanappu counted if you know what I mean..
Actually, I don't know what you mean. Could you elaborate?

Locormus said:
That being said.. I can actually see Mijumaru evolving to Futachimaru and that's it for the league for it. Then Tsutaja can fully evolve due to being owned by a different trainer and thus being experienced enough already, and Pokabu could evolve fully due to feeling depressed after each loss and then working hard to become strong, as a fully evolved Enbuoh.

Pikachu, Kenhorou, Futachimaru, Enbuoh, Jalorda, Hahakomori, Waruvile. Whatevers next..

That doesn't look too bad.
Hm. Actually? I don't think he'll have a Jalorda, at least not by the time of the league. I believe I've mentioned this elsewhere--that the writers tend to avoid exact mirror matches, to the point of not even having members of the same species on opposing teams. Shooti will have a Jalorda of his own; makes it seem unlikely to me, then, that Ash will have one.

Now, before you remind me of Paul's Torterra, remember that while it may have been his starter and quite possibly even his strongest pokemon, it was not his main pokemon as far as the story was concerned--it didn't appear as often as Electivire. This is different than with Shooti, whose main pokemon (for story purposes) is his starter. As such, if Ash also happens to have a Jalorda by league-time, he probably wouldn't use her in his match with Shooti, because mark my words, Shooti will use his.

Speaking of which--I'm not entirely sure I agree with that as a prospective league team. Maybe post-league, but--that looks like a hell of a lot of development for a saga that'll probably only last a couple more years at the most.

If anything, from that list, I'd reverse Osha and Tepig. Becoming a Daikenki would seem to mirror Osha's predicted development from immature and often cowardly to badass samurai warrior; meanwhile, it seems to me that Tepig could just as easily become the regional poster child for being strong despite not evolving.

And then there was something he said in his match with Shooti--something like how you don't need evolution to become strong. Reminded me a lot of his Kanto-era mindset. Call it paranoia or something if you want, but between this and the above, not only do I not think Ash will have more than one fully-evolved starter by the time of the league, I think there's a decent chance this time 'round that he won't have any fully-evolved pokemon at all.

SO. How 'bout that Arty fella? Pretty hot, eh?

Really, though, I've kinda been wondering about something. In the games, Arty's supposed to be styled somewhat after a circus ringleader or something, isn't he? You know, flamboyant appearance, clowns for all of his gym trainers, a flashy battle stage? Kinda makes me wonder if/how they'll work with that in the show.

Yeah. Can't exactly say much more, can I? Except that here's hoping someone other than Osha or Tepig stars in this one.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I just want to throw something out there for all of you who are saying we're going at a fast pace: I would assume that they would want to go through Eastern Unova as well (east of Raimon City and Soryuu City), so after the (approximate) 75 episodes for 8 Badges, maybe 5 for Plasma, and another 5-10 for the League, we still have a little bit to go following the (approximate) 90 episodes. We'll still have a fair 100+ episodes in the Unova Region.

As for the episode titles: That automatically says there will be 4 episodes in Castelia City, which I find to be awesome. I'm hoping Plasma debuts here, and I'd also assume there's a fair chance one of these episodes could be devoted to TR doing what it's doing. I'm optimistic for the next 2 months in the anime (although I wonder what'll happen between BW19-BW22...)

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
I agree that Pidove should get some wins soon.

Unfortunately, old birds at their first stage have hardly had a major role at all. So I don't really expect that this will change soon, certainly not when Pidove might evolve faster due to the series moving at a faster pace.

And then there was something he said in his match with Shooti--something like how you don't need evolution to become strong. Reminded me a lot of his Kanto-era mindset. Call it paranoia or something if you want, but between this and the above, not only do I not think Ash will have more than one fully-evolved starter by the time of the league, I think there's a decent chance this time 'round that he won't have any fully-evolved pokemon at all.

I really hope that it isn't the case. After Infernape and Torterra last series and of course other fully evolved pokemon, it'd be very underwhelming to see no fully evolved pokemon by league time (or end of the series time if they do something similar to BF).

Since both Shooti and Ash got their Unova starters from Juniper and possibly Belle too...for Shooti and Belle to have Jalorda and Emboar while Ash's stays unevolved/Futachimaru, Ash has to match that at least with Daikenki. Tepig and Snivy could be unevolved/evolves once but Oshawott should evolve all the way for many reasons already stated in other threads. Besides the AG and DP teams were great because most pokemon evolved all the way. Compare those teams to a team like Johto and yeah, there's a big difference. A difference that favors AG and DP so hopefully the writers know about that and keep up with the evos for BW, especially with Daikenki.

Anyway, since that's off topic, time to discuss these episodes.

Great to see some time in Castelia City. I'm guessing there might also be some Team Plasma and Team Rocket stuff going on so maybe we'll see a decent sized arc for Castelia City. I was kinda hoping the gym would be a bit later since the time allotted for pokemon screentime is limited but hopefully it works out well for the other gyms. And hey, I pretty much only expect Pidove to evolve by this point so hopefully between 20 to 22 or 22 to 25 it evolves.

Can't wait to see Arty. I know we'll see him BW18 but it'd be cool to see him battle. I'm guessing Pidove/Hatooboo and Tepig would probably be used due to type advantage. Maybe Ash has his own Hahakomori at this point? Maybe he'll use Snivy (against Arty's Ishiszumai if he has one). Those are my two picks for Ash's third pokemon against Arty.

HoennMaster

Odd to have two random spaced titles revealed. I must say that a gym battle every 10 episodes is a nice pace. not too fast but not to slow. Gives them plenty of time to flush everything out.

I agree that I think the gym line-up should be Snivy, Pidove, and Tepig.

If the anime follows the games, then I'm pretty sure that Team Plasma will officially debut in Hiun City at some point (probably before the Gym battle).

That went out the window 10 episodes ago when they didn't appear in Karakusa Town.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
My gym battle prediction

Ash vs Arti

Snivy vs Hoiiga: Hoiiga rolls around the battlefield and bounces off the walls like a pinball machine. Snivy takes a beating but manages to defeat Hoiiga by holding it in place with vine whip and finishing it off with leaf blade.

(Snivy is recalled and Tepig is sent out)

Tepig vs Ishizumai: Ishizumai dominates Tepig with it's rock type moves, but before it can deal the final blow Ash recalls Tepig.

(Pidove is sent out)

Pidove vs Ishizumai: Ishizumai tries to hit Pidove with rock type moves but fails when Ash uses Pidove's speed to dodge the attacks. Feeling cornered, Ishizumai reatreats into it's shell. Pidove picks Ishizumai up and throws him into the air, where Pidove knocks him out with Air slash.

(Pidove is recalled and Snivy is sent out)

Snivy vs Hahakomori: Snivy uses attract but Hahakomori dodges and uses string shot. While Snivy is tied up, Hahakomori uses insect opposition which does major damage to snivy. Snivy tries to use leaf storm but is quickly disposed of by another Insect opposition.

(Tepig is sent out)

Tepig vs Hahakomori: Hahakomori tries to use his string shot/insect opposition combo but Tepig destroys the string with ember. Tepig follows up with nitro charge and sends Hahakomori flying. Hahakomori then defeats tepig with insect opposition.

(Pidove is sent out)

Pidove vs Hahakomori: Pidove hits Hahakomori with several Quick attacks and air slashes. Hahakomori ties her up with string shot and unleashes a razor leaf at point blank range. Hahakomori prepares to finish her off with insect opposition, but pidove breaks free of string shot and uses a powerful gust attack to pin Hahakomori to the ground. Pidove then uses air slash to win the battle.

Araleon

Chill
Why isn't anyone thinking about using Kurumiru in the Gym? Did I miss something? (no animosity intended)

Line up: Pidove, Tepig, Kurumiru (if Kurumiru isn't used, then Snivy)

I also agree it'd be cool if Pidove evolved to defeat Hahakomori, and if Tepig got a draw.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
My guesses for the Gym match are as follows:

Ash-Pidove/Hatooboo, Tepig, Kurumiru
Arty-Ishizumai, Hoiiga, Hahakurimo
Ash vs. Arty
Hatooboo vs. Hoiiga (Hatooboo)
Hatooboo vs. Ishizumai (Hatooboo is recalled)
Tepig vs. Ishizumai (Draw)
Kurumiru vs. Hahakurimo (Hahakurimo)
Hatooboo vs. Hahakurimo (Hatooboo)

Honestly, I believe that Pidove can and has a good chance of evolving before the next Gym battle. If it doesn't, then simply replace everywhere that says Hatooboo with Pidove.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I say he uses mamepato or hatooboo(hopefully), pokabu, and meguruko:

Meguruko vs fushide or its evo
pokabu vs ishizumai
hatooboo(hopefully) vs hahakorimu

Meguruko win
Pokabu draw or win
Hatooboo win

Grei

not the color
[offtopic]Whoa. The smilies to the right of the text box are all different. Whooooaaaa. That's nifty.[/offtopic]

Gives them plenty of time to flush everything out.

I think you mean "flesh everything out." Flushing things out would be a very different thing indeed...

Why isn't anyone thinking about using Kurumiru in the Gym? Did I miss something? (no animosity intended)

I was thinking this as well. The title of the supposed Gym match is "Hiun City (Castelia) Gym Battle Pure-Hearted Bug Pokémon Battle!"

Maybe it's just me (and Araleon, I suppose), but that seems to insinuate to me that it'll be a battle between Bug Pokemon. Like, as in Ash's Kurumiru (or whatever it may have already evolved to...!?) vs. Arty's... whatever he decides to use. Of course, that could insinuate that Kurumiru stars. I dunno if that'd be the case--maybe it'd just be that Kurumiru does something significant for being a baby Pokemon, while Ash's other Pokemon do the big work.

Besides Kurumiru, I would hope that Ash uses Snivy and Pidove, or Tepig and Pidove. Pidove should get focus, and Snivy being used would be nice since it hasn't been used in a Gym match before. Although, Tepig battling would be the most logical since Ash supposedly isn't a complete idiot, so I could see it being Tepig being used instead of Snivy.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Why isn't anyone thinking about using Kurumiru in the Gym? Did I miss something?
You did when i said he should use it

Why does everyone, if not most people think Pokabu should be used here?
I hope Mamapeto, Tsutaja and Kurumiru are in this battle, and that Meguroko, Pikachu and Pokabu are in the next battle

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Reading Locormus posts makes me want Pidove to star in two gyms.

Favoritism. Favoritism!

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind seeing Pidove in this Gym battle. I don't even remember the last time Ash used Pidove to battle, so it would be lovely for him to use it against Arti's Bug-type Pokemon. I don't think that Pidove would be the star of the episode per se (that honor should go to Oshawott*), but I think it should get a fair chance in this one. Maybe it could take out at least one of Arti's Bug-type Pokemon before fainting. I figure that that would be a big accomplishment for Pidove, considering how often Ash's Pokemon faint in Best Wishes [IMG139]http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/trickyfoxzorua/dizzy.gif[/IMG139]

*Look at me using favoritism too.

Status
Not open for further replies.