• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW 025 Castelia Gym Match! Pure-Hearted Bug Pokémon Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

BW25 isn't airing till late March. This isn't anytime soon.

We're only on BW16 right now.

Yeah, but three badges in 25 episodes isn't a good thing. They're not really fleshing out any of the characters, human or pokemon. What's the big rush? Are they planning on releasing the 6th generation games like two years from now or something while the 3DS is still young? And if not, what's the latter part of this saga gonna look like? Everyone thought a 52 episode gap was bad during DP, just wait until they have to give us a 75 episode gap between Hachiku and Shaga's gyms to make up for what they're doing now. Either that or a filler arc bogged down with mainly bore-fest fillers in between each of Ash's battles. What else are they gonna fill time with in a supposed filler arc? Shooti and the other rivals would probably be on their way out right after the League, Iris and Dento don't do squat.

The only way I see the ridiculously quick pacing not completely backfiring is if the former is true and the 6th generation is closer than we expect, leaving the BW series with 120-130 episodes at most. If they're going for another big, meaty, 190 episode arc like AG and DP there's going to either be a loooooong gap between the final few gyms (I'm talking 40 episodes between gym 6 and 7, and 40 between 7 and 8 here. Or maybe just combine them and toss a in 75-80 episode gap between two gyms.) That or an excruciating, uneventful filler arc.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic though.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Yeah, but three badges in 25 episodes isn't a good thing. They're not really fleshing out any of the characters, human or pokemon. What's the big rush? Are they planning on releasing the 6th generation games like two years from now or something while the 3DS is still young? And if not, what's the latter part of this saga gonna look like? Everyone thought a 52 episode gap was bad during DP, just wait until they have to give us a 75 episode gap between Hachiku and Shaga's gyms to make up for what they're doing now. Either that or a filler arc bogged down with mainly bore-fest fillers in between each of Ash's battles. What else are they gonna fill time with in a supposed filler arc? Shooti and the other rivals would probably be on their way out right after the League, Iris and Dento don't do squat.

The only way I see the ridiculously quick pacing not completely backfiring is if the former is true and the 6th generation is closer than we expect, leaving the BW series with 120-130 episodes at most. If they're going for another big, meaty, 190 episode arc like AG and DP there's going to either be a loooooong gap between the final few gyms (I'm talking 40 episodes between gym 6 and 7, and 40 between 7 and 8 here. Or maybe just combine them and toss a in 75-80 episode gap between two gyms.) That or an excruciating, uneventful filler arc.

Filler Arc, filler arc. YAY!!!!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
They are obviously going for Kanto-style pacing. I'd expect the league to be around the 80th or 90th episode.

As for what they do next? Who knows. Maybe more time for Team Plasma/TR, Ash entering a Champion league...too early to tell.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Lol battle frontier was unneventful for you?? Or the orannge league(agree a little with you on this one but just a litttle)?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Lol battle frontier was unneventful for you?? Or the orannge league(agree a little with you on this one but just a litttle)?

Well... They kinda were. Just didn't look lie it though.

thunderblade12

No. I didn't say all filler arcs are uneventful.

The Orange Islands arc was like 35 episodes long. The Battle Frontier arc followed both Ash and May's quests. Five ribbons for May, a 3 episode Grand Festival, and seven Frontier Symbols for Ash. That's not even counting Ash's rematches and the contests that May lost.

This time around Ash is the only one doing anything. There's no secondary hero to compensate like in the Battle Frontier, and if the Unova arc ends at like BW090 then the following "filler" arc may end up being 90-100 episodes long. I realize that the Battle Frontier arc was 80 episodes itself, but like I said, Ash and May were both running the show back then as opposed to just Ash.

RickHoenn

Banned

You're way too pessimistic.

I think your post is ridiculous... 75-80 episodes gym gap? Uneventful filler arc? Iris & Dent don't do squat? 6th Gen games in 2 years? -_-

If you only knew the Original Series (Kanto) was like that, and whether you like it or not remains as the most popular.

Then there should be at least a long gap like 15 or 20 episodes in the future, In Kanto it took the gang 26 episodes to reach Cinnabar and in 32 episodes Ash got 6 badges.

This is not rush, it's that most people were used to the excruciating gym gaps in Sinnoh.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Fans complain when it's too slow; fans complain when it's too fast . . . what to do?

Anyway, would a "filler arc" necessarily be bad? They could throw in some anime-only villains and have a story-focused arc in a region that doesn't exist in the games. Or, as I believe Juputoru pointed out, they may be saving room for a less rushed Plasma plot later on (the latter is the scenario I would prefer).

More on topic, though, I also think the title implies a Bug vs Bug fight. While until the egg hatches (a debate I'd rather not get into . . .) I can HOPE that this also implies that Ash will be rotating his team, from the current info I can guess that the title means a battle between Ash's (possibly evolved since Bugs tend to evolve quickly) Kurumiru and Arti's Bugs. Since I don't read Japanese, I may just be misinterpreting the title, though.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Fans complain when it's too slow; fans complain when it's too fast . . . what to do?

Anyway, would a "filler arc" necessarily be bad? They could throw in some anime-only villains and have a story-focused arc in a region that doesn't exist in the games. Or, as I believe Juputoru pointed out, they may be saving room for a less rushed Plasma plot later on (the latter is the scenario I would prefer).

More on topic, though, I also think the title implies a Bug vs Bug fight. While until the egg hatches (a debate I'd rather not get into . . .) I can HOPE that this also implies that Ash will be rotating his team, from the current info I can guess that the title means a battle between Ash's (possibly evolved since Bugs tend to evolve quickly) Kurumiru and Arti's Bugs. Since I don't read Japanese, I may just be misinterpreting the title, though.

It's best to ignore them. I am actually enjoying the pacing so far. BW025 & 3 gyms.... Very nice, and with no actual fillers yet, I LOVE the pacing!

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
This time around Ash is the only one doing anything.

Hows the future like, are there flying cars for every family?

We are 15 episodes in, May didn't decide what she could be interested in until episode 13. As far as we know Iris could end up doing something, probably not until late. Judging by the gym battle in this episode, things are going fast which could inevitably lead to a filler saga.

thunderblade12

You're way too pessimistic.

Yeah... When I start doing this every time a new title is released maybe you'll have some room to talk.
I think your post is ridiculous... 75-80 episodes gym gap? Uneventful filler arc? Iris & Dent don't do squat? 6th Gen games in 2 years? -_-

How are one of these things not going to happen? Either BW is only going to make it to 100-130 episodes or they're going to have to slow down majorly later on in the series.

And I never said Iris and Dento weren't great characters, but honestly, what have they contributed to the plot so far? Dento granting Ash his badge is the most they've done for the story so far. Everything else, like Dento getting possessed could have just as easily been fulfilled by a CotD. And when is the next time we're going to see Iris' Doryuuzu? It seems like we're only going to see it once in 25 episodes.

BTW, repeating what someone said in a disapproving tone doesn't make you look right.

If you only knew the Original Series (Kanto) was like that,

I'm aware. That doesn't apply here. The Kanto+Orange Island arc was only 120 episodes all together whereas BW could very well be another 190 episode series.

and whether you like it or not remains as the most popular.

I really don't care. Popularity doesn't necessarily mean quality.

Bieber is one of the most popular musicians right now. Twilight is one of the most popular book/movie franchises right now. Does that mean Bieber is the next Michael Jackson? Will Twilight be read in literature classes 100 years from now? No.

The bandwagon appeal doesn't work in arguments of quality.

Then there should be at least a long gap like 15 or 20 episodes in the future, In Kanto it took the gang 26 episodes to reach Cinnabar and in 32 episodes Ash got 6 badges.

If you'd read full posts instead of segments you'd see why Kanto and Unova can't be compared. You scoffed at the idea of a 6th generation coming out in two years yourself. And you're right; it's very unlikely. We've most likely got another 190 episode episode series on our hands with BW. This is like the 4th time I'm saying this now.

This is not rush, it's that most people were used to the excruciating gym gaps in Sinnoh.

lol what? You start the post out criticizing me for giving my harsh opinion of a saga and yet you end the very same post with some harsh criticism of your own? lol hypocrite much?

And don't even try to pass it off as some fanboy-obsessive form of "retaliation" because, like I've said 100 times, we've heard your bashing of the DP series in every new episode title that was revealed back in 2008 and 2009.

However, I acknowledge that we're only 25 episodes into the series and they could still buff things out a bit and add a couple of side-plots but I'm not getting those vibes. Shooti doesn't seem like he's going to be that interesting. I don't see them doing as much with him as they did with Paul. Honestly, does anyone realistically see Iris doing much more than Misty? Bel is another Barry in the making; Ash already beat her. The Battle Clubs could play a role but how much time is that really gonna take up? Not much.

Last edited:

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I have to agree with thunderblade12. Realistically, things are going to have to slow down. Its the norm for there to be 4 years between generations and in less than 6 months Ash will be about halfway through his journey. Now, I am fully expecting a much larger Rocket/Plasma conclusion spanning over 20 episodes however, there is little to nothing left they could do. They could have a Frontier-esque arc, however, they have proven in the past to be extremely unsuccessful and unpopular - and if they are to release a movie every year then its popularity that they need.

It's inevitable that there will be a massive slowdown towards the end, whether the fanbase likes it or not.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I have to agree with thunderblade12. Realistically, things are going to have to slow down. Its the norm for there to be 4 years between generations and in less than 6 months Ash will be about halfway through his journey. Now, I am fully expecting a much larger Rocket/Plasma conclusion spanning over 20 episodes however, there is little to nothing left they could do. They could have a Frontier-esque arc, however, they have proven in the past to be extremely unsuccessful and unpopular - and if they are to release a movie every year then its popularity that they need.

It's inevitable that there will be a massive slowdown towards the end, whether the fanbase likes it or not.

So your saying battle frontier was unsuccesful? How?? And the mainn reason for the orange league being unpopular was the tracey replacing brock thing which was fixed later. I actually still like the orange league especially once charizard started to obey but that's just me I guess. Battle frontier was one of my favorite seasons and it felt more like a kanto part 2 thenn a filler saga but that's just my opiniion.

dman_dustin

I have to agree with thunderblade12 as well.

Not even Hoenn had three badges at this point if you wanted to argue pacing. By the approximate episode 40, Ash got his third badge in Hoenn. Now we're likely getting three badges by episode 25.

Like I think I may have said in this forum (possibly another one), this can't bode well for this series.

Regardless of the possibilities of the filler saga, something has to change, unless 6th gen truly is figuratively right around the corner. Of course I would fear that because Unova has 153/163 total Pokemon, and if the 6th gen was right around the corner, we're only looking at about 50-80 brand new Pokemon, and while I doubt anything could surpass Unova since Ken Sugimori voiced his dislike of having to create this many Pokemon with just Unova, I can't help but think 6th gen is going to have very few Pokemon in comparison, and I for one don't really like that. People may prefer less Pokemon, but I prefer more Pokemon.

So my point is, this whole pacing does not bode well for this series. Maybe if Arti's gym happened in 30-35, then I could see a small progression in episodes between gyms, and I'm sure it could work out with maybe 30 episodes between gyms.

And not only is the series going to suffer, the Unova Pokemon on the main character's team are going to suffer as well. I mean how can anyone expect anyone to be fully evolved (a three stager Pokemon) by episode 100. Sure its been done before, I know that, but will each species of Pokemon get proper screen time before they evolve. Because right now, only pulling maybe an extended Charmander-Charizard, is really the only way it could be done. And by extended I mean something like 30 episode in the first stage and 10 in the second stage, unlike whatever Charmander was and 3 episodes as a Charmeleon.

The only solution then would be to shove the Pokemon down are throats. And if the Unova League, is going to be before or after the 2012 movie, like it seems like it will be. Then Oshawott would have to evolve before the first movie (despite people's objections), if we ever expect to see Daikenki by the Unova league.

But I guess if people are okay with rushed evolutions, then I guess. But I for one would like to see Futachimaru for at least 25-40 episodes before evolving (and actually showing up frequently in those 25-40 episodes). I mean look at Monferno, sure it took like 30 or so episodes to evolve, but how many episodes was it actually in?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok from what I see the amount of new pokemon has a pattern:

Kanto many
Johto not so many
Hoenn many
Sinnoh hardly any
Isshu hell of a lot
6th gen not so many??

Although the good thing about the little generations is that their are usually evos for older pokes so something good comes from them if you like evos for old pokemon I mean.

thunderblade12

Yeah. Dustin brings up another good point. At this rate Ash could have 5 or 6 badges by BW50. That's earlier than when Ash's Treecko evolved in Hoenn. Mijumaru is the usual suspect for being Ash's fully evolved powerhouse this saga, so I'll use it as an example. If Mijumaru ends up evolving around episode 50, there may only be two gyms remaining. Consider that the writers may want to have Daikenki participate in the final gym. If that's the case we could have another Charmeleon case with Futachimaru. Even the biggest Charizard fanboy can admit the crap handling of it's evolution. Honestly, if we get Kanto rehash I don't see more than one of Ash's starters evolving period.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Actually somethings going to happen, maybe more breaks between episoes or something because lets face it

it started near the end of september, so lets say near the start of october.

October, November, December, January - 2 badges

Considering it keeps going this way,

Next 4 months - 2 badges, the next 4 months - 2 badges. So in one year, 6 badges.

Then by February 2012, he'll have all of his badges.

Now heres a list of what could happen

- Episode 25 title is fake

- We'll have the longest filler saga known to man kind

- Lots and lots of breaks.

- Generation 6 comes early

- Or it slows the ---- down, which would be the most reasonable, unfortunately, most people would hate is slowing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.