• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW 025 Castelia Gym Match! Pure-Hearted Bug Pokémon Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
My prediction to the next badges and league

BW25: 3rd badge
BW35: 4th badge
BW47: 5th badge
BW62: 6th badge
BW75: 7th badge
BW85: 8th badge
The league: 90-97

I predict that the league will air on May-June-July 2012.

thunderblade12

Breaks don't just come at convenient times though. If they don't have a Naruto special to air, or something else to take Pokemon's time slot it'll air as planned. Unless they just ended the saga months/years before the next major games were released and put it on hiatus until then. I seriously don't see them pulling anything like this though.

The 6th generation could appear early so that it could arrive early on in Nintrendo 3DS' timespan, but again, I doubt that it'd come that early.

The only two options seem to be that there will be a rather long "filler" arc with less than ideal pacing or there won't be a filler arc and the gaps between the later Unova gyms will be long ones. 30 episodes between gyms will seem short. And now that contests are out of the picture... yeah... They're not gonna be eventful gaps.

Edit: That's all well and good Ash-kid, but what about BW100-170/80/90? With Ash's rivals most likely being out of the picture after the League and the Rocket/Plasma arc probably being resolved during Unova, and with Ash being the only character with a goal that he actually pursues we might end up with:

BW100: Filler
101-109: Filler
110: Ash does some ****
111-125: Filler
126: Ash does some ****
127-159: Filler
160: Ash does some ****
161-181: Filler
182: Ash does some ****
183-190: Filler
191: Ash does some ****
192: G'bye

Nearly 100 uneventful episodes does not seem like the ideal show.

Last edited:

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
You know, guys. Seriously...

Can we wait? Can't we just...wait? Speculation is one thing, but this is writing off the show before it's even done anything yet. We don't know what's going to happen. We don't know if it'll keep this pace, or if it'll slow down, or if it'll have a filler arc, or anything. Why don't we just wait? Why don't just see what the show is going to do first and how it makes everything come together first instead of being pessimistic toward the unknown future of the show? Can't you just have fun with the darn thing? Can't we just watch and wait and just enjoy the show? It's not like anybody's contributing to the ratings over there. Just let the thing develop on it's own and complain when these negative things actually happen.

And why do we keep comparing to previous seasons? Isn't that what we're not supposed to do because it creates unnecessary expectations for the region we're actually in?

(I swear this fandom is too fickle. First it's "it's going too slow" so when they finally go fast, it's "too fast." You think the head people over in Japan don't know it's faster than what the show has been like? Clearly they have some idea of what they're doing)

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Breaks don't just come at convenient times though. If they don't have a Naruto special to air, or something else to take Pokemon's time slot it'll air as planned. Unless they just ended the saga months/years before the next major games were released and put it on hiatus until then. I seriously don't see them pulling anything like this though.

The 6th generation could appear early so that it could arrive early on in Nintrendo 3DS' timespan, but again, I doubt that it'd come that early.

The only two options seem to be that there will be a rather long "filler" arc with less than ideal pacing or there won't be a filler arc and the gaps between the later Unova gyms will be long ones. 30 episodes between gyms will seem short. And now that contests are out of the picture... yeah... They're not gonna be eventful gaps.

Edit: That's all well and good Ash-kid, but what about BW100-170/80/90? With Ash's rivals most likely being out of the picture after the League and the Rocket/Plasma arc probably being resolved during Unova, and with Ash being the only character with a goal that he actually pursues we might end up with:

BW100: Filler
101-109: Filler
110: Ash does some ****
111-125: Filler
126: Ash does some ****
127-159: Filler
160: Ash does some ****
161-181: Filler
182: Ash does some ****
183-190: Filler
191: Ash does some ****
192: G'bye

Nearly 100 uneventful episodes does not seem like the ideal show.

The inevitable third game in the BW series will most likely contain a Battle Frontier or something similar. Ash can go there.

RickHoenn

Banned
You know, guys. Seriously...

Can we wait? Can't we just...wait? Speculation is one thing, but this is writing off the show before it's even done anything yet. We don't know what's going to happen. We don't know if it'll keep this pace, or if it'll slow down, or if it'll have a filler arc, or anything. Why don't we just wait? Why don't just see what the show is going to do first and how it makes everything come together first instead of being pessimistic toward the unknown future of the show? Can't you just have fun with the darn thing? Can't we just watch and wait and just enjoy the show? It's not like anybody's contributing to the ratings over there. Just let the thing develop on it's own and complain when these negative things actually happen.

And why do we keep comparing to previous seasons? Isn't that what we're not supposed to do because it creates unnecessary expectations for the region we're actually in?

(I swear this fandom is too fickle. First it's "it's going too slow" so when they finally go fast, it's "too fast." You think the head people over in Japan don't know it's faster than what the show has been like? Clearly they have some idea of what they're doing)

****, that's the way it is!!!! I'm happy with the pace the 3rd badge in 25 episodes? and people think it's too soon? and being pessimistic. -_- If you don't have fun with show, stop torturing yourself lol

This episode airs in late March or early April for god's sake.

I bet there will be specials that will take the slot of BW, that could stretch the last saga a bit and with the last gyms there could be gym gaps of about 15-20 (not ridiculous 1 or half year gaps) episodes and take Unova to 110-120 episodes which is nice imo.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
You did when i said he should use it

Why does everyone, if not most people think Pokabu should be used here?
I hope Mamapeto, Tsutaja and Kurumiru are in this battle, and that Meguroko, Pikachu and Pokabu are in the next battle

Pokabu should be used in every gym :p

gliscor&yanmega

You did when i said he should use it

Why does everyone, if not most people think Pokabu should be used here?
I hope Mamapeto, Tsutaja and Kurumiru are in this battle, and that Meguroko, Pikachu and Pokabu are in the next battle

Tepig is Fire type. Arty uses Bug type. Assuming he uses his in-game team, Tepig would have an advantage over Hoiiga and a even greater advantage over Hahakomori. If Ash doesn't use Tepig then he must not care for type advantage for that day, in which case Pidove shouldn't be in the episode either.

Tepig has a better chance in being in here due to it's type advantage. Same goes for Pidove. It just a matter who would be the third Pokemon.

Of course we don't know for sure who'll be use, but Tepig and Pidove do have the best chance.

thunderblade12

Ignoring obvious fanboy's sudden distaste for harsh opinions of this show, here's who I think will be used against Arti:

Pikachu
Mamepato
Tepig

Yep.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
The term filler saga is used as filling time till the next generation comes, it doesnt mean its going to fillers, they can make the same pacing without fillers in a new competition, showing development of old pokemons, etc.

Theres nothing to whine about, I doubt they will limit the fillers now and then spam us, that just foolish to think something like that can happen or something just blew in the writers head to ruin the perfect formula they are going right now, I actually was expecting the gym to be from 25-30 so I was not suprised.

Heck they can stick some type of tournement after lets say the 4 gym that takes 4 or 5 episode, plus this means more time for league battle instead of getting cheated of an entire league like we got in Shinno, since basicly the only non rushed bouts were vs Shinji and Kohei.

Thunder counter argumenting is not being a fanboy or not being able to take an "harsh"(you say) opinion, or maybe I missed something I didnt see anyone being butthurt here.

As for my preview:

If Satoshi has Zuruggu/Meguroko, one of them will be used.

I can see:

Mamepato(Hatooboo)
Kurumiru
Meguroko/Zuruggu if he has them if not Pikachu maybe indeed, even if Meguroko isnt I can see him having a faceoff already evolved agains the gym leader Waruvile.

I can see Tepig be there for the usual, oh you will use type advantage and get owned but they used that in the Dent gym so I dont really know.

I think Tsutarja will only be used in the 4th gym and will star agains Doryuzuu.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Who is Tranquill? Sorry no idea who's english name that is

Hatooboo.

Btw Serebii and mods I didnt have a chance to say it in the thread since it was closed already but has a fan of many years of the forum, thanks to finally making it a "normal" lag free forum, Im loving it, also next week get the Zuruggu on Pikachu face avatar in the database I want it NAW.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Well we don't know yet, it could be, but i think Hatoopoo should be used in this battle.

gliscor&yanmega, Why did Ash use Grotle against the ice gym, and not buizel? What was the reason to put Infernape against an electric gym.

Ash isn't all about type advantages. So my lineup still stands.

Hatoopoo/Mamapeto
Tsutaja
Kurumiru.

Status
Not open for further replies.