• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW 025 Castelia Gym Match! Pure-Hearted Bug Pokémon Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

Well we don't know yet, it could be, but i think Hatoopoo should be used in this battle.

gliscor&yanmega, Why did Ash use Grotle against the ice gym, and not buizel? What was the reason to put Infernape against an electric gym.

Ash isn't all about type advantages. So my lineup still stands.

Hatoopoo/Mamapeto
Tsutaja
Kurumiru.

I never said Ash was all about type advantages. He usually does uses them just like all trainers. But he doesn't solely focus on it. In Grotle's case Ash had his Rock Climb strategy in mind. Also Ash knew Abomasnow was going to be used, and Buizel didn't have anything useful to battle it with.

Infernape had no type disadvantage or advantage in the Gym so why bring it up? Ash used Torterra in that gym as well clearly taking advantage over types. He could have used Gible too but it wasn't ready for a gym battle. Buizel and Strapartor had a type disadvantage, so who exactly could Ash have used other then Infernape, Torterra and Pikachu? No one unless Ash wanted to have a type disadvantage.

But still I never said Ash only cares for type advantages, I said " If Ash doesn't use Tepig then he must not care for type advantage for that day", since sometimes Ash goes for type advantages and others he thinks they don't matter. But in this case it only makes sense to go for the type advantage especially when you have two Pokemon ready for a gym battle. If Ash doesn't use Tepig then he shouldn't use Pidove since there would be no sense in that.

What's wrong with Tepig being used here? Because it's been used in the last two gyms it's not going to be used in this one? The writers don't care for that. Tepig probably wont be in Gym 4 or 5. And if it evolves then Gym 6 is a bad idea too, and even still Swanna is probably there so it's at a type disadvantage anyways. Gym 7 is Ice so it most likely will be used. Gym 8 is Dragon and who knows in that case. So Tepig should battle here since it'll probably suffer no Gym battles for 2-3 gyms in a row.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Only saw the spoiler that Ash wins the battle now......surprise surprise there

Personally i want Pidove to star now seeing as how we've had a different starring Pokemon for the last 2 and this gym is Pidov'es specialty. With Pidove beating Snivy i think this bird is going to have a good battle focus as well

Torpoleon

Only saw the spoiler that Ash wins the battle now......surprise surprise there

Personally i want Pidove to star now seeing as how we've had a different starring Pokemon for the last 2 and this gym is Pidov'es specialty. With Pidove beating Snivy i think this bird is going to have a good battle focus as well
Also, Pidove hasn't been in any gyms and I don't believe it has any wins yet, unless if it made Snivy faint.

I'm kind of unsure aboue the Kurumiru in BW018, but I still think that regardless, Arti should have Hahakmori, Iwaparesu & Holiga. If Ash does get Kurumiru in BW018, here is how I think the battle will go:

Pidove VS Iwaparesu (Pidove is recalled)
Kurumiru VS Iwaparesu (Kurumiru is recalled)
Tepig VS Iwaparesu (Tepig wins)
Tepig VS Holiga (Draw)
Kurumiru VS Hahakomori (Hahakomori wins)
Pidove VS Hahakomori (Pidove Evolves)
Hatooboo VS Hahakomori (Hatooboo wins)

Of course if Kurumiru is Arti's and Ash really wants to get it back for Arti, here is how I think the battle will go:

Tepig VS Iwaparesu (Tepig is recalled)
Snivy VS Iwaparesu (Snivy wins)
Snivy VS Holiga (Holiga wins)
Tepig VS Holiga (Draw)
Pidove VS Hahakomori (Pidove Evolves)
Hatooboo VS Hahakomori (Hatooboo wins)

So, that's what I think. Maybe Zuruggu could be watching the battle to have some battling experience, like Gligar in the Pastoria Gym. I would prefer for the second choice to be the one since I think it would make sense for Kurumiru to be Arti's (maybe he catches or Ash gives it to him if it is a Wild Kurumiru) and so then all of Ash's Team Members would be in a gym battle except for the obvious Zuruggu. It would also mean that Pidove evolves (well, both mean that) and the second choice technically yields a win for all of Ash's Pokémon.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I am beginning to feel ash won't get getting Kurumiru. The only thing we had to base that off was a toy.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, because I have been known to have a wild imagination.. But i'm pretty sure back when Gible was captured, we were in the same situation? Meaning all we had to go on was a toy for a while, but then the future episode preview popped up showing Ash battling Empoleon with the little guy.

I think Arty will suggest that Ash captures said Kurumiru after saving it in in BW018.

phantasystar69

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, because I have been known to have a wild imagination.. But i'm pretty sure back when Gible was captured, we were in the same situation? Meaning all we had to go on was a toy for a while, but then the future episode preview popped up showing Ash battling Empoleon with the little guy.

I think Arty will suggest that Ash captures said Kurumiru after saving it in in BW018.

I guess part of my doesn't want ash to catch Kurumiru because then if he got sandile that is three pokemon very quickly. If ash gets Kuruimiru and sandile I don't want Iris to end up with Zuruggu.

I didn't know gible had a similar situation with a toy.

Grei

not the color
I guess part of my doesn't want ash to catch Kurumiru because then if he got sandile that is three pokemon very quickly. If ash gets Kuruimiru and sandile I don't want Iris to end up with Zuruggu.

I didn't know gible had a similar situation with a toy.

Ash is much more likely to own Scraggy (Zuruggu) than Iris is. Much more likely. They wouldn't name the new Black and White event "Ash's Zuruggu" if Ash wasn't getting said Pokemon.

Also, it's possible at this point that Ash won't even get Sandile. The merchandise with Sandile could have been there to reference the SG Sandile.

And a toy is enough to go off of. Sandile's toy is not because it wasn't called "Ash's Meguroko." However, Sewaddle's (Kurumiru's) toy was called "Ash's Kurumiru," so it's pretty clear that he'll get it.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I dont think that Meguroko's return in BW020 will result in its capture.. I believe that Ash will remain absolutely clueless until its next appearance just before the 4th gym, where someone will finally figure out that the croc has wanted to be captured all along.

But anyway, on topic...

I cant believe how quickly this gym battle has come around. I think we're going to see some bad*** Mamepato battling here and probably a bit of Tsutarja (if only for the strength factor). I imagine that Kurumiru/Kurumayu will be the third Pokemon, with Pokabu sitting it out despite the type advantage.

Grei

not the color
I'm personally hoping that Pidove will evolve into Tranquill by Arty's gym. Maybe BW021 will include its evolution or something. I just want Pidove to be used in the gym battle. Having it star would be awesome, but if it didn't that'd be fine. Tepig sort of starred in Aloe's Gym match so it doesn't need to star here (although I see the possibility being there). I don't see Oshawott being used, and I hope Pikachu is not used. Snivy, Scraggy, and Sewaddle are all candidates along with Pidove/Tranquill.

phantasystar69

Ash is much more likely to own Scraggy (Zuruggu) than Iris is. Much more likely. They wouldn't name the new Black and White event "Ash's Zuruggu" if Ash wasn't getting said Pokemon.

Also, it's possible at this point that Ash won't even get Sandile. The merchandise with Sandile could have been there to reference the SG Sandile.

And a toy is enough to go off of. Sandile's toy is not because it wasn't called "Ash's Meguroko." However, Sewaddle's (Kurumiru's) toy was called "Ash's Kurumiru," so it's pretty clear that he'll get it.

What event?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I dont think that Meguroko's return in BW020 will result in its capture.. I believe that Ash will remain absolutely clueless until its next appearance just before the 4th gym, where someone will finally figure out that the croc has wanted to be captured all along.

But anyway, on topic...

I cant believe how quickly this gym battle has come around. I think we're going to see some bad*** Mamepato battling here and probably a bit of Tsutarja (if only for the strength factor). I imagine that Kurumiru/Kurumayu will be the third Pokemon, with Pokabu sitting it out despite the type advantage.

Why should Ash use 2 type disadvantages & one type advantage when he can use 2 advantages & 1 disadvantage? And who knows, Zuruggu or Kurumiru, or any future capture for Ash might not even participate in a gym.... just look at Tauros, Heracross, Phanpy(VS Dewgong but that wasn't even official), Muk, & Gible. They didn't participate in any gyms(barring frontier matches) but the sure as hell got some good League time.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So I say he will use:

mamepato or hatooboo(hopefully)
pokabu or chaobuu(it could happen but most likely not lol)
pikachu or meguruko(preferably meguruko but pikachu could use a win too)

Torpoleon

So I say he will use:

mamepato or hatooboo(hopefully)
pokabu or chaobuu(it could happen but most likely not lol)
pikachu or meguruko(preferably meguruko but pikachu could use a win too)
Tepig (Pokabu's English Name) probably wont evolve by the gym battle, but Pidove (Mamepato's English Name) should evolve during or a little bit before. Sandile (Meguroko's English Name)? I guess you are under the assumption that Ash will get Sandile in BW020. I don't know with Pikachu.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Knowing Ash and his complete and utter disregard for type disadvantages i wouldn't be surprised if he used Snivy in the Gym battle as well

Torpoleon

Knowing Ash and his complete and utter disregard for type disadvantages i wouldn't be surprised if he used Snivy in the Gym battle as well
Well, she hasn't be en used in a gym battle yet and does have Attract. Who knows? Maybe she'll learn a move in time to help her in the gym battle.

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
in the gym battle, its most likely he will use pidove, snivy and tepig.
pidove and tepig has type andvantages, and snivy hasnt been used at all.
many of you think that tepig will be overused if he gets used in the third gym, but he might aswell lose, like squirtle in the ciannbar gym, or tailow in the dewford gym, and therefore leave place for other pokemon to shine, like pidove and snivy. if theese pokemon are used in the gym, pidove is probably getting two wins and one evo, and snivy gets one win, much like grovyle at the fortree gym, chocorita at the azalea gym and grotle at the snowpoint gym.
for the whole tepig thing, ash isnt stupid. he will meet arty in yagaruma forest, and he will probably show atleast one of his pokemon, like gardenia showed her turtwig in eterna forest, and tepig has the type advantage AND a new move that is equal to giga impact, nitro charge. yes, a few of you have already pointed out that ash isnt always going after type advantage, but with theese factors, hes probably doing it, so nya nya nya.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Nah Ash's Snivy aready has a ful moveset with great moves it'll be a long while before she learns a new move sure she already has the best of all his grass types (Bulba ans Bayleef's Vine Whip. Sceptile's Leaf Blade and Torterra's Leaf Storm )

My hopes for the team in the battle are:
Pidove/ Hatooboo
Snivy
Tepig

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
No more Tepig for now. Please! If anyone needs glorifying, it's Pikachu. I know it's supposed to be strong but it hasn't learned anything new yet. That's what I'm waiting for.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
But theres the electric gym next, it could star in that one, or Meguroko if anyone needs to stay away, it's Pokabu, Pikachu and Mijumaru.

Status
Not open for further replies.