• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW 036: The Dragon Buster appears! Iris and Excadrill!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter ゴースト

I just hope Excadrill doesn't start to obey her after ONE episode.

The fact that Excadrill doesn't listen and is arrogant should be resolved much later on in the series, maybe they can slightly bond more, but If he starts obeying her after one episode which is the first to be based on him, it will be dissapointing.

adyniz

Bulbapædist
Its already been a 11 ep gap between Arty's Gym (which was BW25), so I'm sure we'll get to the 4th Gym before episode 40.

However there's no doubt that they've slowed down a bit. I still hope Unova is no longer than 100 episodes. With no Contests to pad things out, we could be looking at more filler like the recent eps.

It looks like Arti's battle was just a week ago *Still so fresh in my mind; don't know about others*
I won't mind at all if they reached Raimon City in BW040 or 45, I seriously don't care about the gap between the gyms anymore; as far as I'm enjoyin the anime. :D

pokeaussie37

adyniz said:
It looks like Arti's battle was just a week ago *Still so fresh in my mind; don't know about others*
I won't mind at all if they reached Raimon City in BW040 or 45, I seriously don't care about the gap between the gyms anymore; as far as I'm enjoyin the anime. :D

Good form, good form!
Also, if you think of Unova geographically, the distance between Castelia and Nimbasa is probably the largest between any two Gym cities. Maybe that's also another possible explanation for it.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Good form, good form!
Also, if you think of Unova geographically, the distance between Castelia and Nimbasa is probably the largest between any two Gym cities. Maybe that's also another possible explanation for it.

In the games, it's one of the shortest distances. I don't even know where they are in the anime, because they are sure as heck, not in the desert. Anyway, we will probably see the gym battler around about episode 38-39 or so. But I'm glad we're getting an episode like this, because it will probably give us a deeper insight to Iris's Excadrill.

pokeaussie37

playerking said:
In the games, it's one of the shortest distances. I don't even know where they are in the anime, because they are sure as heck, not in the desert. Anyway, we will probably see the gym battler around about episode 38-39 or so. But I'm glad we're getting an episode like this, because it will probably give us a deeper insight to Iris's Excadrill.

Was more referring to what the Unova map makes it look like. It might be short when playing the games, but maybe in terms of actual distance it's quite far. It is just straight after all.

But yeah, all for an Excadrill ep!

Edit: Rank up!

playerking

Was more referring to what the Unova map makes it look like. It might be short when playing the games, but maybe in terms of actual distance it's quite far. It is just straight after all.

But yeah, all for an Excadrill ep!

Edit: Rank up!

Yeah, you're right Geographically it is the biggest distance, but I'm just mentioning that when you walk it in the games it is different.

And I hope that we'll find out, how exactly it was capture, I'm guessing that it was captured by these four options.

1. Dragon Sneeze knocked it out.

2. Accident

3. It was already in Drill mode, so Iris just caught it.

4. Someone gave it to her.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Yeah, you're right Geographically it is the biggest distance, but I'm just mentioning that when you walk it in the games it is different.

And I hope that we'll find out, how exactly it was capture, I'm guessing that it was captured by these four options.

2. Accident

I think it was one of the last two, probably the last one.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

playerking

bw008, bw021, bw029...

There has been a filler, episode 31, well in my opinion. Even Sabonea agrees.

Though the rest, were filler like, but important things did happen, small or not.

BW008: Team Rocket received a mysterious item and they here about Nacrene, which would later be an important part of their Meteonite mission.

BW021: Skyarrow Bridge debut, it wasn't that important. Then there's the Pidove-Sewaddle swap.

BW029: First onscreen appearance of James's Yamask, using Shadow Ball.

Though, you can disagree if you want, people have different definitions of "Fillers". But although I doubt Excadrill will fully obey Iris in this episode, I think it will come out of it's Drilling mode, more frequently now.

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Though the rest, were filler like, but important things did happen, small or not.

BW008: Team Rocket received a mysterious item and they here about Nacrene, which would later be an important part of their Meteonite mission.

I could've missed BW008 and still got what was going on later on.

BW021: Skyarrow Bridge debut, it wasn't that important. Then there's the Pidove-Sewaddle swap.

Again that little scene proves nothing.

BW029: First onscreen appearance of James's Yamask, using Shadow Ball.

For some reason moves that aren't learned doesn't make the episode non-filler. Its one thing when the Pokemon learns/masters a move in an episode but when it just randomly uses a move, it shouldn't be counted.

Though, you can disagree if you want, people have different definitions of "Fillers". But although I doubt Excadrill will fully obey Iris in this episode, I think it will come out of it's Drilling mode, more frequently now.

Just like the starring bit as well. Ugh, well I classified BW008, BW021, & BW29 as fillers, why is BW030 a filler? When does a random move being used in an episode that was 95% filler count as non-filler when Oshawott getting a training episode is counted as filler?

playerking

I could've missed BW008 and still got what was going on later on.

Again that little scene proves nothing.

For some reason moves that aren't learned doesn't make the episode non-filler. Its one thing when the Pokemon learns/masters a move in an episode but when it just randomly uses a move, it shouldn't be counted.

Just like the starring bit as well. Ugh, well I classified BW008, BW021, & BW29 as fillers, why is BW030 a filler? When does a random move being used in an episode that was 95% filler count as non-filler when Oshawott getting a training episode is counted as filler?

Moves a Pokemon uses, that we haven't seen yet usally count, like Pikachu, without it using Electro Ball in that episode was basically nothing, learning/revealing move are both basically important to see, well I think so(And others). Sandile evolving, it isn't that important. James debuting Yamask's Shadow Ball to us, is important because we haven't seen it using that yet. Oshawott having a training episode where it gets nothing out of it, but a Win when it has won a battle before, means nothing, but that's fine, it's your opinion. Not going to start a Flame War over something like this. No more arguing on fillers or not, it's annoying me personally, I give up. :p

And speaking of moves, Excadrill having a new move wouldn't hurt, it only knows two so far, right?

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

2. Accident

These are some pretty good explanations :L

Personally I hope it is the first one, someone giving it to her will feel repetitive since Axew was given to her.

It will be a bit dull if it was already in drill mode and she caught it.

I guess it would be okay if it was by accident cause the last time this happened was with misty and Psyduck?, about time it happened again :L

However just imagining having Iris in over her head straight away on her journey send Axew out to battle Excadrill and actually winning because of a failed attack is quite an interesting idea.

thunderblade12

If pokemon learning new attacks didn't save certain DP episodes from being considered filler by most people, why should seeing TR move a bit closer to their goals or a pokemon revealing that it knows an attack save something in BW? TG never had to show every inch of progress they made.

In this episode Iris probably meets an arrogant trainer that beats Dragon trainers for experience or something and of course challenges him/her. Axew and Emolga being defeated will leave her with no other choice but to use Excadrill. Then Excadrill probably becomes determined to beat this trainer after seeing that they have a tough pokemon.

KibaLG8

2. Accident

I was thinking about a 5th Option:

5. A Trade.
Moves a Pokemon uses, that we haven't seen yet usally count, like Pikachu, without it using Electro Ball in that episode was basically nothing, learning/revealing move are both basically important to see, well I think so(And others). Sandile evolving, it isn't that important. James debuting Yamask's Shadow Ball to us, is important because we haven't seen it using that yet. Oshawott having a training episode where it gets nothing out of it, but a Win when it has won a battle before, means nothing, but that's fine, it's your opinion. Not going to start a Flame War over something like this. No more arguing on fillers or not, it's annoying me personally, I give up. :p

And speaking of moves, Excadrill having a new move wouldn't hurt, it only knows two so far, right?

@____@ Training Episodes are usually non-filler. We got to see how Oshawott fights without its Scalchop. But whatever...

Seiryu

Resident dragon
Calling it right now: in this episode, Iris and Excadrill team up to conquer that one 1984 Namco arcade game. Whaddaya mean these jokes are getting old? >..>

Anyhoo, not much to be said since there's no summary, other than it's always nice to see a non-Ash development episode.

knux-the-killer

Excadrill doesn't obey Iris cuz he knows that she is incompetent. (is funny when she mocks Ash when she is even worse)
Well, that episode might explain that. But surely the writers love to make disobedient fully evolves pokés, right?

FlyAsADunsparce

I hope we get to see how Iris caught Excadrill, maybe she caught it as a Drilbur. We're still kinda at the beginning of this season (oh yes I went there) so everything is still kinda vague and new, so episodes like this are necesarry and inevitable. It'll probably be a good episode, maybe kinda filler-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.