• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW 036: The Dragon Buster appears! Iris and Excadrill!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

I have a hard time imagining Axew fighting something 3 times it's size; Cubchoo would be much more suitable for a battle between the two IMO.
It could be that Iris brings out Axew first followed by Langley bringing out Beartic. Axew would try to be brave, but lose easily. It shouldn't be that hard to see.

Graham Aker

So I'm guessing this episode will be like Volcanic Panic? Seems to be the case. I would hope Excadrill doesn't obey her after one episode.

Torpoleon

So I'm guessing this episode will be like Volcanic Panic? Seems to be the case. I would hope Excadrill doesn't obey her after one episode.
It would probably be where Excadrill obeys Iris slightly.

The good news for Excadrill is that he has a type advantage over Beartic, unlike Charizard VS Poliwrath & Mamoswine VS Aggron.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Seeing Excadrill and Beartic fight each other would be awesome to see and Axew's beatdown will probably be funny.

thunderblade12

Since this is an Ice type, this episode could end up having the exact same premise as Charizard Chills. I hope Excadrill takes a beating, wins a rematch that it just fights for it's pride(Like Charizard vs Magmar), and remains disobedient.

I gotta admit, Charizard's development was way better than Mamoswines.

Waterpokes

Since this is an Ice type, this episode could end up having the exact same premise as Charizard Chills. I hope Excadrill takes a beating, wins a rematch that it just fights for it's pride(Like Charizard vs Magmar), and remains disobedient.

No shit dude.

I think this will happen in this episode, and hope it goes like this, so we can get more Excadrill devolpment in the future and more Beartic, hopefully

1st scenario:

- Langley's Beartic crushes Axew and Emolga
- Iris throws in Excadrill, who is rather pissed off
- Beartic beats the living crap out of Excadrill, and Iris loses
- Then the group settles down somewhere in a forest, with Iris' team resting (including Excadrill)
- Ash and Cilan asks Iris about Excadrill
- Iris tells about Excadrill
- Iris meets up with Langley again, and wants a rematch
- Axew and Emolga are still weak, so they won't battle
- Excadrill is thrown into the mix, and after the most epic battle in BW yet, Excadrill wins
- Iris thinks that Excadrill finally listed to her, but that's crap
- Langley says that Excadrill fought for it's pride alone, and the episode ends

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
In the beartic and excradrill battle, i hope that excradrill will learn metal claw or a rock move to have a move that is super effective on it.
It would probably be where Excadrill obeys Iris slightly.

The good news for Excadrill is that he has a type advantage over Beartic, unlike Charizard VS Poliwrath & Mamoswine VS Aggron.

By types charizard and poliwrath were good on each other (water>fire, flying>fighting) and mamoswine and aggron had an advantage on each other (steel>ice, ground>rock/steel).

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil

I hope Excadrill's will be better than both of theirs combined.

Mamoswine development was the part when it used to watch contest training with slightly opened eyes or throwing Ice Shard while Ambipom was training. Apart from that I agree Charizard development was way better Mamoswine. The best episode to witness it was the second gym battle episode in Orange League. Charizard kind of showed interest in Ash's determination, at least for a short while.

- Excadrill is thrown into the mix, and after the most epic battle in BW yet, Excadrill wins

Thats obvious and I'm lovin it. So far the battles have been between small Pokemon and they were soft battles with not serious damages or anything. I am considering Excadrill vs Scolipede cause it didn't lasted long, bug was on disadvantage and it was wild too. But this battle is the first battle of Unova where two fearsome Pokemon are battling. One for its trainers pride while other one for its own. Totally Epic.

dman_dustin

I'm not sure I said this here, but at the very least I hope this episode ends Excadrill being in drill mode even if it still doesn't obey her. So then we might get more REAL appearances of Excadrill.

I also hope the writers don't screw this episode up, meaning I hope there is some backstory to Excadrill and why it doesn't listen.

But it doesn't help that this Langley character appears to know who Iris is (unless it said otherwise), so that might get some focus of the episode.

ijea4444

Really? Seeing mamoswine have one eye open while watching dawn compete then pretending it wasn't looking at all when everyone noticed was what made mamoswine's transformation better for me. It showed it wasn't an overnight kind of thing. The gradualness made it more believable and made it more built up. With charizard I felt like it was more annoying that it disobeyed and with Dawn it was more of a nuisance(as in, it was brushed off and the story continued). Again, this is just my opinion and I'm sure there will be similarities to both mamoswine and charizard.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Really? Seeing mamoswine have one eye open while watching dawn compete then pretending it wasn't looking at all when everyone noticed was what made mamoswine's transformation better for me. It showed it wasn't an overnight kind of thing. The gradualness made it more believable and made it more built up. With charizard I felt like it was more annoying that it disobeyed and with Dawn it was more of a nuisance(as in, it was brushed off and the story continued). Again, this is just my opinion and I'm sure there will be similarities to both mamoswine and charizard.

Mamoswine watching contest was forshadowing its future in contest, similar to how Charizard watched Magmar plug up the volcano, forshadowing it wanting to battle it. It's just the writers have gotten better at forshadowing now then back then. Ultimately Charizard was handled better because it was the main characters Pokemon and was used more so we saw its disobedience more. Mamoswine was owned by a co star.

If Excadrill obeys Iris after this episode I actually won't mind. Charizard's disobedience cost Ash the Indigo league, and Mamoswine's disobedience cost Dawn a contest and was her most humiliating loss, but Excadrill really can't cost Iris anything major. This is one of the reasons why Excadrill's disobedience isn't that big of a problem compared to Charizard and Mamoswine, because both of those were the strongest of their teams and competed in tournaments. Excadrill does not. Not saying it won't battle but I doubt it will ever cost Iris anything to learn from.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
If Excadrill obeys Iris after this episode I actually won't mind. Charizard's disobedience cost Ash the Indigo league, and Mamoswine's disobedience cost Dawn a contest and was her most humiliating loss, but Excadrill really can't cost Iris anything major. This is one of the reasons why Excadrill's disobedience isn't that big of a problem compared to Charizard and Mamoswine, because both of those were the strongest of their teams and competed in tournaments. Excadrill does not. Not saying it won't battle but I doubt it will ever cost Iris anything to learn from.

Ash could win the badge from her. That would be an embarrassment.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

No it wouldn't. Ash beats every gym leader that its really not even shocking or surprising how he does it anymore. Even if the gym leader is more skilled then him or more impressive (and some of them were) then him, we all know he'll win eventually if only for the sake of progressing the story. A disobedient Excadrill is a sad excuse for Ash to win a badge anyway.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
No it wouldn't. Ash beats every gym leader that its really not even shocking or surprising how he does it anymore. Even if the gym leader is more skilled then him or more impressive (and some of them were) then him, we all know he'll win eventually if only for the sake of progressing the story. A disobedient Excadrill is a sad excuse for Ash to win a badge anyway.

No I think it would be embarrassing for Iris to lose to someone she calls a kid all the time. By that time, I hope Excadrill listens to her all the time.

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby

I really hope not the last gym battles are supposed to be the most epic one start thinking of the battle against Clair

Graham Aker

If Excadrill does start obeying Iris after this episode, she'll technically have control of the strongest Pokemon of the current groups on-hand Pokemon. That would technically make her the strongest for a while. I don't see anything Ash currently has on his Unova team as powerful as Excadrill.

JD

I hope Excadrill doesn't start obeying in this episode... I think this episode will just be the first step of getting Excadrill to obey it can start fully obeying her later on.

Iris vs Langley(1)
Axew vs Beartic - Axew doesn't stand a chance and is knocked out in a matter of seconds.
Emolga vs Beartic - Emolga fairs slightly better but is easily knocked out like Axew.
Excadrill vs Beartic - After seeing Beartic's abilities Excadrill decides to fight it and due to not listening to her commands it suffers a terrible defeat worse then Axew and Emolga's lost and is badly injured after getting hit by Icicle Crash and Sheer Cold.

Iris vs Langley(2)
Excadrill vs Beartic - Desperate for revenge Excadrill is sent out against Beartic again and after a heated battle Beartic manages to avoid Beartic's lethal Icicle Crash Sheer Cold combination and manages to win. Even after defeating Beartic Excadrill still shows little respect towards Iris.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
If Excadrill does start obeying Iris after this episode, she'll technically have control of the strongest Pokemon of the current groups on-hand Pokemon. That would technically make her the strongest for a while. I don't see anything Ash currently has on his Unova team as powerful as Excadrill.

?

Besides, Excadrill really hasn't done much of anything. That's a pretty bold statement to make about something so... unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.