• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW 037: Roggenrola

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I personally think that the male form is more appealing and more marketable.

It doesn't matter, if that is promotion by using Ash's party, then Unfezant would have been female in that pic.

Hollow Marowak

Ground Trainer
It doesn't matter, if that is promotion by using Ash's party, then Unfezant would have been female in that pic.

That doesn't change the fact that Ash WANTS to catch Roggenrola, and we got merchandise for it. That in itself is a bit too cooincidental. Even if it's a male Unfezant, Roggenrola is still a viable option, if not an almost guarantee.

johno1995

Roggenrola is one capture I can buy into. Palpitoad is just bland and nothing new for Ash's team, whereas with Sewaddle he got a Bug-type, the first since Heracross in Johto, and if he gets Roggenrola, it'd add a type he never had on his roster, which is good IMO.

I just hope they cool it down and space the captures out better. The only slightly developed Poke's on Ash's team are Oshawott, and Snivy. Give the others some attention/personality/spotlight before adding on more potential team members. If Ash gets Roggenrola (which I say is 75/25 in favor of it atm), then I hope Ash won't catch anything else until like BW052-55 and let his current Pokemon shine/let one or two evolve in that time in between...

Otherwise, can't wait to see Roggenrola in action - whether it goes with Ash or not! :)

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Wait, how does Roggenrola see? It has no eyes.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

Who knows, they might not give a darn and evolve it into the male form instead of it's female form regardless of it being a girl.

Bertha didn't have the female version of hippowdon when she showed up(and don't bring the skin coloring into this or else Lenora would've been changed.), nor have we seen any heart tailed Pikachu's yet either, heck has any pokemon that has "gender difference" appeared in this show yet?

I also wish people would stop trying to bring up Torterra, Ash obviously knows how to handle a defensive pokemon as he has used Snorlax and Torkoal correctly at times, Torterra's learning of Rock Climb is probably what did it in, if it had not learned that move then it could have done better.

dman_dustin

I thought it saw out of the huge hole in it's front side.

That's its ear. I think it sees by echolocation, but who knows.

Who knows, they might not give a darn and evolve it into the male form instead of it's female form regardless of it being a girl.
I mentioned that a long time ago and if it happened I would laugh if it happened (but the animators aren't going to be that stupid). But I agree with whoever said the male form is more marketable.

Bertha didn't have the female version of hippowdon when she showed up(and don't bring the skin coloring into this or else Lenora would've been changed.), nor have we seen any heart tailed Pikachu's yet either, heck has any pokemon that has "gender difference" appeared in this show yet?
Cynthia's Garchomp is female as it has no notch in its fin. Unlike Gible. Ursula's Gabite also has no notch in its fin either.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I checked Bulbapedia's Roggenrola page-said nothing about it having an eye.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
When Ash captures ol'd rock face I bet it'll evolve quickly. Not much to do with its first form, its second stage screams, "rush through this," to get to its last form.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
Wait, how does Roggenrola see? It has no eyes.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I had always thought that the big yellow spot was it's eye.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Is it confirmed Ash catches the Geod-I mean Roggenrola?

Not 100% but it is most likely going to be on the main cast.... and with Ash trying to get it, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be his.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
New merchendise just came in with the entire Rogginrolla line.
Fffffffffff-

I swear to ****ing god the writers had better use this as a chance to start rotating out some of the starters. Otherwise all of the non-starters are just going to struggle for the limelight since there'll be three of them fighting for a limited amount of screentime.
Either that or we get a comedy option where Iris or Cilan catches it.

Although honestly, the worst part of this is that it'll just fuel MORE "omg someone's gonna catch it!" with each new episode title we get that focuses on a single species of Pokemon.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Cynthia's Garchomp is female as it has no notch in its fin. Unlike Gible. Ursula's Gabite also has no notch in its fin either.

I think thats a result of character significance.......those three belong to main characters, I dont think they would mess about with Unfezant.

I hope they don't follow Torterra's story. Not only was Torterra slow, it lost every battle it was in AND they gave it an excuse to be somewhat fast and it didn't work. (Rock Climb)

A future Gigalith, should just be slow. No attempts to make it fast; to finally make Ash realize the benefits of having a pokemon that relies on other attributes to win. His speedy style has become predictable.

Mind though, that was a terrible excuse. I understand it was climbing rocks, but I never saw how being the one running uphill, however big you were could be of benefit. I mean, it should have been given Rock Slide and literally makes the mountain under its own body and then slides body-side down onto the foe. Electivire and Drapion wouldnt have seen Friday for a long time.

Snorlax, and to an extent Torkoal jumping all over Registeel represented competent attempts to make a slow character fast though.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Why? Geod-Roggenrola is awesome! Plus I don't think Ash has ever owned a Rock type

If Ash was supposed to get a rock type their were soooo many other choices from previous seasons that are better the the stone. Geodude kicks that things butt lol or Rhyperior, hell Sudowoodo would have been better lol. The stone is a total geodude knock off even down to the trade evo hell they evolve at the same level. The big difference is that Geodude(and evos) is 20X better(is part ground, and thanks to rollout, it can actually move). What exactly is awesome about a pokemon that I can't even imagine walking(the final evo)??

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Is it confirmed Ash catches the Geod-I mean Roggenrola?

No, not yet at all. '

It seems like it could end up being Ash's.

It's not next to Ash's Pokemon, but even though Cilan and Iris could end up catching it, Iris and Cilan have no new Pokemon in the next movie/s.

But then again, there is an unfezant which is clearly not Ash's, so Ash could end up failing to capture and the rest of the episode they could befriend it.

We'll wait and see, but out of anyone, Ash is the most likely person to get it.
But gosh do I hate Boldore and Roggenrola.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Fffffffffff-

I swear to ****ing god the writers had better use this as a chance to start rotating out some of the starters. Otherwise all of the non-starters are just going to struggle for the limelight since there'll be three of them fighting for a limited amount of screentime.
Either that or we get a comedy option where Iris or Cilan catches it.

Although honestly, the worst part of this is that it'll just fuel MORE "omg someone's gonna catch it!" with each new episode title we get that focuses on a single species of Pokemon.

when are people going to realise that it doesn't matter if it's now or later the reaction i'm seeing right here is going to happen at some point, it might as well happen now to get it over with considering people consider Ash to get MORE than just this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.