• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW 037: Roggenrola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Fffffffffff-

I swear to ****ing god the writers had better use this as a chance to start rotating out some of the starters. Otherwise all of the non-starters are just going to struggle for the limelight since there'll be three of them fighting for a limited amount of screentime.
Either that or we get a comedy option where Iris or Cilan catches it.

Although honestly, the worst part of this is that it'll just fuel MORE "omg someone's gonna catch it!" with each new episode title we get that focuses on a single species of Pokemon.

Unfortunately, the whole Scraggy/Roggenrola rotation someone else suggested seems to be more likely. Which is a damn shame; I would much rather see Tepig or Snivy take a breather as opposed to Scraggy.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Seeing Ash with a Roggenrola would totally rock. No, not really, but it could still happen even if I don't like it. I honesting don't think that the writers can handle rotating Ash's team since they've done a bad job so far, but maybe they can improve with time. I guess I'll try and stay positive. All I know is that Oshawott better stay on Ash's team as a permanent Pokemon. Snivy and Tepig can leave for a while, but Oshawott is too important to leave.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Unfortunately, the whole Scraggy/Roggenrola rotation someone else suggested seems to be more likely. Which is a damn shame; I would much rather see Tepig or Snivy take a breather as opposed to Scraggy.

Tepig should be at Juniper's Lab by these statistics:

Tepig: 3 Gyms

Snivy: 0 Gyms.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
Seeing Ash with a Roggenrola would totally rock. No, not really, but it could still happen even if I don't like it. I honesting don't think that the writers can handle rotating Ash's team since they've done a bad job so far, but maybe they can improve with time. I guess I'll try and stay positive. All I know is that Oshawott better stay on Ash's team as a permanent Pokemon. Snivy and Tepig can leave for a while, but Oshawott is too important to leave.
Although I agree with you regarding the starters, I think the writers have done a great job rotating Ash's team thus far. By doing it often, and being able to equally spread out their focus on Ash's reserves. To me the rotation feels pretty even.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Although I agree with you regarding the starters, I think the writers have done a great job rotating Ash's team thus far. By doing it often, and being able to equally spread out their focus on Ash's reserves. To me the rotation feels pretty even.

Lol tell that to Hatooboo.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^who in all honesty cares about the stupid bird? So far all it's done is be a convient plot tool for Ash to catch snivy and blow away some bugs.

Also, what do those of you who don't want Ash to get the rock want him to get? It doesn't matter because no matter how perfect you think your picks are, they ain't no better.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
^who in all honesty cares about the stupid bird? So far all it's done is be a convient plot tool for Ash to catch snivy and blow away some bugs.

Also, what do those of you who don't want Ash to get the bug want him to get? It doesn't matter because no matter how perfect you think your picks are, they ain't no better.

Ah I do lol. That's what I'm saying lol he said rotation has been working out good which it hasn't. Also just cuz u don't like her doesn't mean she is stupid, their are people who like her so don't assume anything.

Also what bug??

thebluemarc

King of the World

Also, what do those of you who don't want Ash to get the bug want him to get? It doesn't matter because no matter how perfect you think your picks are, they ain't no better.

When she was revealed to be a she, I stopped caring. The male verion is so much damn better. It's like she was there just as a plot device for mobility, in search and rescue in case there be a TR v. Twerps stealing shiz again. Battle wise, nah. I'll take the rest of the gang anytime.

dman_dustin

I care about all of Ash's Pokemon. But I think at this point it doesn't matter whether I care about Tranquill or not.

Swadloon is worse off. Sewaddle only showed up in three episodes before it evolved, (one was its capture, one was an overextended cameo and finally the evolution episode) and then it's evolution only got a glorified cameo in the Emolga vs Snivy epsiode.

Pidove + Tranquill already have Swadloon beat. I want to see more of Swadloon. I want to see what its character interaction with Ash's other Pokemon are. Sure I want the same with Tranquill but if Swadloon is next to evolve I'd rather see more of it than Tranquill.

Anyway, now with Roggenrola being possible, it makes me wonder how they're going to pull off the screen time issue. Personally I can't help but think a Pokemon like Tranquill, Swadloon, and possibly Roggenrola should be in every episode they can.

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
wait could that unfezants be..............Trips[as ash's is clearly invisible] <--probably not but its just a speculation.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Also, what do those of you who don't want Ash to get the rock want him to get? It doesn't matter because no matter how perfect you think your picks are, they ain't no better.

I care for the bird as much as I care for any other character in the main trio, I want them all to be showcased, I do want Satoshi to have 8/10 pokemons by the league so I have no problem with him getting the rock right now, we know Tranquill will be in the movie so she is probably with the group by that time, I mean this if Satoshi catches the rock type and rotates it with Tranquill.

I have favourites but my faouviretes dont get priority use to anyone in my mind, everyone should be treated the same, obviously we know the starters will always get a diferent treatment and Scraggy has been in focus due to being a baby and not being able to fight.

Oh and yes if it makes sense Satosih will catch it, stop whining about not liking a certain pokemons guys.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
wait could that unfezants be..............Trips[as ash's is clearly invisible] <--probably not but its just a speculation.

Yes, Ash's isn't male.

Ash could get it, or he could not get it. If Roggenrola's line was with 5 of Ash's other Pokemon in Unova, it would seem pretty likely. Remember there was a merchandise of a paper fan, that had Pikachu, Oshawott, Pidove, Snivy, Tepig and Sandile on. Look how that one turned out.

Dax

Legend

I do. They're all important and with it being female and having a moveset that could make her different from Ash's other birds I find it sad that she's been treated this way. At the end, I'd prefer if at least everyone in Ash's team leaves with some glory.

They're all important, case closed.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Yes, Ash's isn't male.

Ash could get it, or he could not get it. If Roggenrola's line was with 5 of Ash's other Pokemon in Unova, it would seem pretty likely. Remember there was a merchandise of a paper fan, that had Pikachu, Oshawott, Pidove, Snivy, Tepig and Sandile on. Look how that one turned out.

And that picture with Sandile looking at Ash's team as they were walking.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
And that picture with Sandile looking at Ash's team as they were walking.

The calendar one yeah, plus the toys of Ash's 5 Pokemon plus Sandile. And Emolga in the movie merchandise with 5 of Ash's Pokemon.

So, Ash could still, not get it at all. If Ash does get it, I want Oshawott to battle and get it, it should use Aqua Jet and win, to get some redemption from losing to it earlier.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
The calendar one yeah, plus the toys of Ash's 5 Pokemon plus Sandile. And Emolga in the movie merchandise with 5 of Ash's Pokemon.

So, Ash could still, not get it at all. If Ash does get it, I want Oshawott to battle and get it, it should use Aqua Jet and win, to get some redemption from losing to it earlier.

It would be funny if Roggenrola had Sturdy. I don't know why, it just would be.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It would be funny if Roggenrola had Sturdy. I don't know why, it just would be.

Doesn't it only have Sturdy? it does have a DW ability but I don't see them using them, specially since ingame they aren't implemented, we know the abilities due to datamining.

We aren't supposed to know them.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Doesn't it only have Sturdy? it does have a DW ability but I don't see them using them, specially since ingame they aren't implemented, we know the abilities due to datamining.

We aren't supposed to know them.

Yes. But it could also be Sand Force (DW), but if any of Ash's Pokemon has to have their DW ability, I hope it is Oshawott.

dman_dustin

Um, Ash never wanted to capture Sandile/Krokorok, so why are using the Sandile merchandise as evidence against Ash catching Roggenrola.

We had "Ash's Sewaddle" merchandise, and the summary said he wanted to catch it and he did.

If we had something that specifically said "Ash's Roggenrola" would there be any argument?

I'm not seeing Ash wanting to catch a Pokemon, and not catching it. I don't count Deerling merely because Ash would've tried to catch anything since he wanted a Unova Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.