1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

BW Recent Happenings Thread (check first post: new rule!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neo darkrai

neo darkrai Amateur YouTuber

Black Journey Post 19-Tornadus

After going back and forth between Route 8 and the Tubeline Bridge Gate, I managed to get Tornadus down to the red in terms of health. Then I proceeded to throw Quick Balls at them. It took all 13 of them to catch him, but I got it. Now I'm going to go through Route 10 and Victory Road. My destination. The Pokemon League.

Current Team:

;503; Youni Lv.45
    -Razor Shell -Surf -Aqua Jet -Grass Knot

;514; Cole Lv.45
    -Flame Burst -Focus Blast -Bite -Yawn

;571; Link Lv.45
    -Shadow Ball -Focus Blast -Grass Knot -Taunt

;553; Dorako Lv.45
    -Dig -Crunch -Rock Tomb -Brick Break

;561; Nazca Lv.45
    -Psychic -Air Slash -Shadow Ball -Whirlwind

;596; Uru Lv.45
    -Thunder -Signal Beam -Volt Switch -Thunder Wave

2. bulma hater

bulma hater Esuteru Izu****e

I am alive.

Irrelevant title is mostly irrelevant- but it's been YEARS since I've visited this site. jlskjfla. I'm amazed my account still exists.

Okay back on Topic.

I am currently inside Twist Mountain, with 5 gym badges under my belt. I heard Cubchoo is really hard to find/catch, yet I found two within 7 minutes. I just boxed them, I don't really like Ice Type Pokemon to begin with.

Current Team:
    Kirlia
    Level 30
    -Confusion
    -Magical Leaf
    -Teleport
    -Heal Pulse

Zurse-Zebstrika
    Level 41
    -Stomp
    -Discharge
    -Flame Charge
    -Spark

Evisu-Serperior
    Level 38
    -Slam
    -Coil
    -Leaf Blade
    -Giga Drain

Sorr-Sawk
    Level 39
    -Low Sweep
    -Bulk Up
    -Karate Chop
    -Double Kick

Swoobat
    Level 40
    -Fly
    -Calm Mind
    -Air Slash
    -Future Sight

Riishu-Herdier
    Level 39
    -Crunch
    -Take Down
    -Work Up
    -Reversal

Now I don't know if people will ask why I happen to have a Kirlia when clearly I have not attained the National Dex, but that is because my brother is farther ahead than I am, and he /does/ own the National Dex. The Ralts was 'shifted' from my Platinum, to his White, and from his White it was traded to my Black. Now I don't know if I want him to be a Gardevoir or a Gallade- I don't know which would be better for the Elite 4. But I am withholding him from evolving until he's learned Psychic, and I do have a Dawn Stone in my bag. He is also replacing the Swoobat. It's currently for flying. I also have a boxed lvl 10 Zorua, 'Vegeta', who will be a part of my main team later on.

I'm playing Black on and off- I have to juggle that, and my drawing work, trying to get more commissions, and my rl job blah blah blah.

3. Blech, elite 4 rematch training is annoying. I honestly suck at the royal Unova, and can only battle two trainers. I then cleared the first Nimbassa sport dome and I am going to the second. I just wanna battle the elite 4 already. Oh well, I only have to get two left to 70. Hopefully I can start the rematch tonight.

God I reaaaaally don't wanna Audino grind. Ah well, I still have one sport dome, black city, and Cheren and Bianca so maybe I won't have to

edit: In the middle of battling Cheren, my Mamoswine became level 70. However, I will not go to battle the elite 4 yet. First, I want to beat Bianca for one last time. Then, I shall battle Cynthia and Morimoto to truly test to see if I am ready.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  4. darkgamerGS

darkgamerGS Banned

It took me from March 6th to March 17th to complete the Nationaldex besides the unreleased three.

How?

Caught everything catchable in Black (Although I did get impatient and Poketransferred the Black swarms that wouldn't show up since I kept getting the same three.)
    Evolved everything that couldn't be caught wild evolved.
    Poketransfer from 4th gen final evos of starters, pre-5th gen Pokemon found in White, trade evos, fossils, and friendship evos (Note: this was before I found out you could catch wild Pokemon like Kingdra, Huntail, Milotic, etc. and find pre-5th gen fossils, and friendship evos are really time-consuming for me.)
    Bred all the final stages I Poketransferred.
    Evolved the ones with three stages since second stage was missing after breeding.
    Some people on IRC helped with 5th gen trade evos, White exclusives, Archen, Snivy, and Oshawott.
    GTS was not involved whatsoever, all trades were with people I've known for a while.

And that's how I completed the Nationaldex in eleven days... and got the diploma for completing Nationaldex... it goes in your house, so you keep it! But two nights ago, went to the GameFREAK guy to talk to him since I got curious on what he says after he already gives it to you... and got a second diploma. Turns out the first was for Unovadex completion (How did I miss that?) and the second was for Nationaldex completion. Event-only Pokemon aren't required for Pokedex completion, btw. *Tempted to tell Speedrunners, but nah*

5. Grr...Bianca wasn't available to battle. I wanna battle her one last time before beating the game as some closure thingy but ah well, she sucks. Anyway, I am in the battle with Cynthia. Afterwards Morimoto. Then, I will make necessary preparations for the elite 4.

edit: My god, Cynthia was easy. Morimoto next
    edit2: After much consideration, I have decided to wait till I beat Bianca and get Landorus to battle the elite 4. I want to do everything I can do before I beat the final boss

6. Grovyl

Grovyl Who dun dug diglett?

I keep changing my mind if I want to train for Elite Four or try to catch a bunch of Pokémon! Right now, I'm going to try and get a Riolu(then evolve, maybe), Gligar(Evolve), and Zangoose.

7. aeroi

aeroi Active Member

I've been evolving most of my Pokemon in my boxes lol. FUNN STUFF BRO D:

8. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Driftveil City Gym time! I walked into the Gym and took the lift down to the lower levels. I battled a couple of Worker class trainers there and then took another lift deeper into the ground. I encountered some more Workers and even some Clerk class trainers. I had a tough time against their Pokemon however, so I was sort of nervous for the Gym battle against Clay. I left the Gym to heal and then to do some last-minute training at the Cold Storage area. When that was done I healed once again and headed to the Gym. I took the final lift and challenged Clay. I beat his Krokorok with Simipour, his Palpitoad with Swoobat, and his Excadrill with Serperior. That last match was tough but I managed to win and I got the Quake Badge from Clay, but no TM. I had to go to Chargestone Cave for that so I saved.

9. PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate Well-Known Member

female snivy and female tepig down, only female oshawott to go

I should really care more about defeating the elite 4 though before breeding, though

10. molt

molt Active Member

Well let's see, in white I just got to the White Forest after taking forever to get a Atk + nature on Zekrom (naughty). Then after getting screwed over by N and Ghetsis for a while because of my underleveled team, I finally beat them and headed straight to the White Forest, getting the magikarp and catching an aron and togepi.

And I'm also decided what i want to do with black. I've already traded over the other 2 starters to white, and don't know if i want to do a scramble challenge, a nuzlocke challenge, or breed some pokemon on white to send over... oh well, i'll figure it out later

11. Atreyu

Atreyu Well-Known Member

This morning I beat the Nimbassa Gym Leader with my Lv.36 Stoutland and a couple of Hyper Potions. Sweet victory!

12. Shiny Arcanine

Shiny Arcanine Well-Known Member

training for second match with elite four aswell as first attempt at cynthia i know i can whoop there tails with my lvl 100 shiny arcanine and lvl 100 lucario but wheres the fun in that :p
    so far almost all of my Unova pokemon that i rotate are close to the 60 mark and then from there power training in the dark green grass.

13. Darkmega354

Darkmega354 Well-Known Member

3/23/11-Entry 13

More exploration today! I'm well on my way to Dex completion; I explored Route 13, 14 and 15 today, and then transferred some pokemon from Pearl. I'll continue transferring later, but that minigame gets annoying fast. My team's stayed pretty much the same, just a few level ups. I really should grind to 60+, but catching stuff is just way more fun... I also caught a Ditto to make completing the Dex a lot easier.

National Dex Completion
    Seen: 246 (something like that)
    Caught: 146

14. Grovyl

Grovyl Who dun dug diglett?

I know, I should be training too. I get all wrapped up in everything else because training is so boring.
    I hatched my Larvesta, and got the Volcorona
    Seen:264
    Caught:102 I'm trying to catch more at the moment. I'm revisiting the routes and just catching the Pokémon for the heck of it.

15. zack1392

zack1392 Pokemon Trainer

working on the national and unova dex. Evolving all of my unevolved unova pokemon. some will be easier than others.

unova dex: seen 149 obtained 113. (i need to send over some pokemon from black. vullaby,reshiram, and tornadus)

national dex: seen 384 obtained 222

16. tjb90

tjb90 Active Member

Yesterday I got a Pansear. I trained it and Oshawott. I battled Cheren again. Then I went to the Striaton City Gym. I battled Cilan and won. Fennel gave me cut and asked me to got get some dream mist for her. I met Amanita. I went to the Dreamyard and found a Munna and Team Plasma was kicking it to make it make dream mist. I battled Team Plasma and Musharna saved Munna. Fennel got her dream mist so she gave me a C-Gear and Amanita gave me a Pal Pad. Today I am going to train and head to Nacrene City.

17. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

Presently beginning to lose my sanity in my efforts to obtain a passable Deino.

The last five Pokemon I bred only took a hour or two to get one of good quality. This one is taking me close to eight.

18. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

I decided to try out the Battle Subway on White. I went to the Single line using Simipour, Salamence, and Chandelure. The battles weren't that difficult and I managed to reach Ingo fairly quickly. My Simipour took down his Crustle in one hit with Surf. He sent out Klinklang next. It didn't look too threatening, so I used Nasty Plot, while he used Shift Gear. Unfortunately, on the next turn, Klinklang outsped Simipour and knocked it out with Giga Impact. I sent in Chandelure, who managed to KO Klinklang with Flamethrower despite the fact that Klinklang was holding an Occa Berry (might have been a critical hit). Garbodor was last, and it was no match for Chandelure. So I won, and now have access to the Super Single line.

19. KalenArleth

KalenArleth Iridium Trainer

Not much has happened lately for me; just done a few trades with a friend of mine to help further his dex.

Got on the GTS for the first time today in White version. Scored myself a Japanese Beldum for a bred Miccino(sp?)

Starting to breed it in hopes for a shiny (Discovered my obsession for shiny metagross :p)

20. bobri28

bobri28 Get your snacks

well, after 4 days i finally captured an Emolga on route 5. It is the final adition to my team. We went to the Nimbas gym to challenge some trainers. Emolga gainer 2 levels.

Emolga - lv.22
    Panpour - lv.23
    pansear - lv.23
    munna - lv. 24
    that one that evolves from lillipup - lv.23
    that one that evolves from Snivey - lv.29 (from fighting millions of audino trying to catch emolga)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.