• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Recent Happenings Thread (check first post: new rule!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vycksta

Yet more battle grinding. I seem to have established a pattern; first I visit the Royal Unova, then the two triple battlers in Opelucid before taking everyone on in the stadiums of Nimbasa then finally, I whip Cheren. I've stopped visiting the Riches; if I beat them again that's it. No more cash.

Flaizen still needs EV training in special attack. Durp. I blame the nap I had last night. Man I needed it. 8|a

Team
Cuulthorne (( Emboar )): level 72
Harribel (( Liepard )): level 72
Lilynette (( Emolga )): level 71
Zyrisseti (( Virizion )): level 71
Krashark (( Golurk )): level 71
Flaizen (( Volcarona )): level 70

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I left the Driftveil City Gym and headed for the Pokemon Center where I had my Pokemon restored to full health. I shopped for some Great Balls and Super Potions and I left the Pokemon Center. I headed out to Route 6 but Bianca came and challenged me to a Pokemon battle. I had an easy time dealing with her Pokemon except for her Musharna, which was really tough to take out, even with my Simipour's Bite attack. I beat her eventually and I got the HM for Fly. I taught that to my Swoobat and I flew back to Striaton City and took out Zoroark from the Day Care Center. It was still just at level 31 so I went to Liberty Garden and trained there against Victini. When that was done I headed for Driftveil City once again and I headed for Route 6. I captured a wild Foongus and a wild Deerling and I saved the game at that point.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
White Version, Fiona's Diary:

3/24

Dear Diary:
Well, I had that promised match against Clay. I led with Schale against his Krokorok. Schale won with Scald and I believe Rock Smash, I don't remember... or did Scald beat it in one shot? Crap, I can't even remember...

Anyway, he sent out Excadrill next. Schale got off a Scald before a Hone Claws-boosted Bulldoze took him out. With Excadrill as weak as it was, I knew I would be able to hit it with a Flame Burst from Hino, but since he had nothing that could take on a Palpitoad and Sandra was weak to Water, it was up to Garza. It was a little bit difficult, but nothing he couldn't handle. So I got my Quake Badge, but he wouldn't give me the TM! Of all the nerve! So he made me wait at the end of Route 6 for him.

But before that, I ended up fighting Bianca. She wasn't really that hard, but I let Sandra faint because I was too stupid to remember her Pansage's Leech Seed. And on top of that, I had to wait for Clay for an HOUR, and it turned out all he had to do was make his Krokorok attack the Galvantula nest! Urrrgh! But on the plus side, I caught a Leavanny on the way there, so no complaints from me!

Apparently, Team Plasma was waiting for me in Chargestone Cave. N said something about me being chosen, but as soon as he retreated, I started searching for a Joltik, since I saw that they were found there (screw Team Plasma, I'm busy recruiting for Team Fiona!). I ended up with a female one with Compoundeyes, which I went back and trained along Route 6. By the end of the cave, she had learned Signal Beam! Wheee, I'm so proud of my new Joltik and she doesn't even have a nickname yet!

Huh? Oh, Team Plasma. Right. N battled me at the exit to the cave, and wouldn't you know it, he led with a Boldore against my Simisear! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!!

Other than that, Hino took everything out easily. Oh, and I probably should've mentioned I evolved Hino during my Gym challenge. Good thing too, or I wouldn't have stood a chance!

Bianca and Juniper came and saw the tail end of the battle, and N had a little temper tantrum about the Pokedex. Which begs the eternal question: Why do I always fall for the sociopaths?

I'm currently in Mistralton City taking a long break. Until next time ciao for now!

-Fiona

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Well, today was finally the day. Me vs. Alder. My first match against the Champion and the test for League Champion. How did it go? Well, let's see.

ARCHEOPS VS. ACCELGOR
I started off with a Fly, but Accelgor used Me First to use Fly too. So when I came down, he was still up, and when he came down, I got it. However, considering it was not very effective, it barely did a thing. I used another Fly and this time Accelgor didn't use Me First, so Fly hit with an OHKO.

SAWK VS. VANILLUXE (ALDER'S)
Sawk's insanely high attack stat mixed with a STAB Brick Break and a bonus for being super effective, and Vanilluxe didn't even get to use an attack before it was down.

SAMUROTT VS. ESCAVALIER
Samurott used Surf, which brought Escavalier close to half health. Escavalier then used X-Scissor to bring Samurott to half. I got in another Surf which brought it down to red, but then Escavalier used a Giga Impact and Samurott was down.

BEHEEYEM VS. ESCAVALIER
Considering Escavalier was in red and it needed to recharge from the Giga Impact, even my slow Beheeyem managed to bring it down before it could get another hit on me.

SAWK VS. BOUFFALANT
Seeing as though this would be the last time I'd be using Sawk in this fight, I decided to finish off with a bang. With a might Close Combat, Bouffalant was also brought down in an OHKO.

ARCHEOPS VS. VOLCARONA
One of my most powerful Pokemon against Alder's signature, I start off this intense match up with a Stone Edge that... misses. Luckily, Volcarona uses Quiver Dance, which raised its speed and (luckily, because it doesn't affect Stone Edge) its special attack. With its increased speed, Volcarona used another Quiver Dance, and this time my Archeops used a Stone Edge that actually hit, and the powerful 4x effective move brought Volcarona down in yet another OHKO.

VANILLUXE (MINE) VS. DRUDDIGON
I was tempted to use Blizzard, but its had a track record of always missing for me, so I decided to use Ice Beam and hope it would do a lot. Turns out Vanilluxe gave me some great end of battle luck, as the Ice Beam was critical and Druddigon was down in one hit!

So, after an intense and quite frankly short battle, I was victorious and became the true Unova Pokemon Champion!!

MVP: Archeops. It brought down Accelgor while not getting hit too badly, and it took down Alder's strongest Pokemon without even a scratch.

So, what's next for me? Well, I'm definitely going to battle Cynthia, Morimoto and Bianca's final team at least once. Then, I'll either take a little bit of a break from Black, or start training my SS and Platinum teams to beat Alder too (probably the latter, as I don't think it's possible to take a break from this game.

Current Team:
Samurott - Level 71
Sawk - Level 72
Krookodile - Level 72
Archeops - Level 72
Vanilluxe - Level 71
Beheeyem - Level 72

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
Made some great trades on the GTS negotiations, got all the black exclusives on my white now

halfway through battle subway super singles, trying to get choice specs in the process

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
White Journey Post 25-Landorus

I hate Landorus. I arrived in front of the Abundant Shrine ready to catch Landorus after trading over Tornadus from Black. But no. Six failed attempts from Mr. I like to use Fissure and have it hit all five times on my Haxorus after using Revives each time. Jerk. On the seventh attempt, I caught it and screamed for joy. This was the most annoying thing for me to catch. Ever.

Shiny Espeon0429

Recently, I've just been doing regular daily events and training my Pokemon. I didn't realise how many daily trainers there are! Today my Salamence went from Lv61 to Lv73 and my Starmie went from Lv63 to Lv75! I got the Heart Scale, Star Piece, looking forward to trading them on Saturday for PP Ups. :)

I've really emersed myself in the GTS recently. I got a Tepig and Snivy (So I now have all starters), but my excruciating search for a Zekrom goes on. Oh well. Does anyone know why so many people put their Zekrom/Reshiram up and ask for a Reshiram Lv9 and under? I don't get it.

However, today I got the best trade I've ever done in the GTS. I traded a Zorua that took me five minutes to breed for a legitimate Tail Glow Rash untrained Manaphy. I was so happy. Going to bed now, but will hopefully get both Starmie and Salamence up to Lv80 tomorrow so I can use them and Reshiram v upgraded E4. Nite!

Last edited:

Drako

Darkness Eternal
Today I did something I had not planned on doing for at least another week, I defeated the Elite Four, N and Ghestis. I ****ing slaughtered N and Ghestis.

It that was the most memorable moment in Pokemon I've ever had. I'm not just saying that, I'm serious it was fun, awe inspiring and totally caught me from left field.

I reflect on this and ask myself why did I feel this way. The story was kinda obvious and there was nothing special about the way it was presented. There were no over the top DS engine graphical cutscenes, no voice overs or explosions. So why? Why did I love the ending so much?

Ignorance.
I purposefully did not read certain posts about post Victory Road events. Nor did I purchase a guide book to spoil my eyes with the last moments in the game. I sorta went into N's castle a virgin.

Originality...err Pokemon style.
This sort of **** was never done before in a Pokemon game. Usually the Elite Four and the Gym Leaders play a small role or no role at all when it came to the game's villains. This lap they were all connected. The story culminated at the E4 rather than prematurely ending either before you got the 8th badge or afterwards. I mean in HG and SS there is no story after you defeat Team Rocket in Pyrce's Town. Even though there is tons to do, you have to motivate yourself after that.

Yeah, BW are not the best games in the world but they are the best Pokemon games out of all 5 generations hands down. There is insurmountable evidence to support this. Yeah other generations may have better pokemon, but that's about all they have over this game. I love White. It really blew me the **** away.

And on with it...
Aside from beating the game, I've done very little else. I'm still trying to raise my Zweilous into a Hydreigon so yeah. I guess I'll start work on my post E4 team (the ones that will be bred for perfect IVs and EV trained). My Serprior really kicked *** in the battle with Ghestis and it was really cool that my starter was causing so much trouble for him.

Drako out.

Last edited:

Lorde

I traveled through Route 6 and I battled all the Pokemon in the area. I captured some more Pokemon that I was missing and I stopped by that science buidling on the way. I left since they wanted to see a Deerling and I arrived at a rest house where I healed my Pokemon. I trained in the double battle patches of grass and after healing some more I went to Chargestone Cave. There was a web in the way but Clay arrived and had his Krokorok destroy it. I then received the TM containing Bulldozer and I entered the cave. I encountered some Pokemon like Joltik and Klink and I captured those two. I then encountered N and Professor Juniper along with Bianca and I made my way deeper into Chargestone Cave. I saved shortly after battling a trainer inside.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
My Solosis that I got at Lv. 1 earlier today via GTS is now a Reuniclus.... LEVEL 43! It has a good moveset as well!

Psychic
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Trick Room

:D im very proud of this pokemon! :D

KickAsh

halted development
I started hunting for the Sages today. Journeyed over to the Dreamyard, where I leveled up my Zweilous 4 levels, my Krookodile 1, and my Victini 1, so obviously I got some nice training in. I then went outside and apprehended Gorm, and received TM75 Swords Dance, the very reason I hunted for Gorm first. I also caught the Fridays-only Musharna in the basement of the Dreamyard.

I then went over to Route 18, where I happily received the Larvesta egg. Following that, I flew over to Route 13 and caught a male Corsola. I need it to breed a Shellder with Rock Blast, so I retaught Corsola Rock Blast courtesy of the Move Relearner, and deposited my Corsola and Shellder in the Day Care Center. Ventured in to Giant Chasm, but I retreated because I didn't feel like catching Kyurem yet.

It's on to Chargestone Cave to catch Bronius and receive TM69 Rock Polish!

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
White Journey Post 26-Kyurem

I decided to go to the Giant Chasm to catch Kyurem. I explored the entire area and got all the items before going to the lake in the middle of the forest. The whole area froze over and I was able to go the cave at the end and battle Kyurem. Unlike the previous Legendary that annoyed me to no end, it only took me two attempts to catch it. The first one, Kyurem wouldn't get caught and knocked out my whole team. The second attempt was a lot more friendly towards me. I lowered Kyurem and paralyzed it. I first used up a few Ultra Balls then I thought to myself, "Wait a minute. I have Dusk Balls." But instead, I accidently used a Dive Ball and caught it. And it's a Timid nature. I wanted a Naive nature, but I caught one in a Dive Ball so screw that. I'm not doing that again.

Current Team:

;500; Mandrag Lv.67
-Heat Crash -Earthquake -Wild Charge -Brick Break

;522; Equinox Lv.66
-Wild Charge -Facade -Flame Charge -Thunder Wave

;530; Simon Lv.66
-Earthquake -Rock Slide -X-Scissor -Swords Dance

;571; Link Lv.66
-Night Daze -Focus Blast -Flamethrower -Nasty Plot

;612; Barbarus Lv.66
-Outrage -Earthquake -Dragon Dance -Taunt

;625; Dynames Lv.66
-Iron Head -Night Slash -Brick Break -Swords Dance

CaptainBrain

Continuum
I've been working on training my Pokemon to around 65 this week. I've decided that I'm ditching Reuniclus for Volcarona. It's nothing against Reuniclus, she had an amazing run on my team. She was just a little slow for my liking. Plus, I love the look of Volcarona. Currently, he's still in the Larvesta egg form.

Serperior - 61
Archeops - 61
Scrafty - 61
Excadrill - 61
Simipour - 61

zack1392

Pokemon Trainer
Still working on the pokedex on white. Evolved some more pokemon including Zweilous. Had to battle and beat the improved elite 4 again. took on the cruise ship. and then some random audinos. It finally evolved. I still like my Dragonite though so I boxed Hydreigon. Only a view more to evolve. Still need to send over a vullaby and reshiram. Ill do it whenever I get the 3DS.

I also just restarted black. chose the female character. something I havent done since crystal. Named her Mira. Chose Oshawott since I chose snivy in white and tepig on my last playthrough of black but dont plan to evolve it passed dewott. Im not a fan of Samurott. So, lets begin the new journey.....again!

Derald Snyder

I decided to start over my Black version, this time as a boy and under my real name. I chose Oshawott as a starter again, and I've just gotten past my first battle with N.

My team:
Lilipup Lv. 6
Patrat Lv. 5
Oshawott Lv. 8

GetBacker

Ikki's Black Book of Unova - Part 10

Followed Route 4 through the desert to Nimbasa from Castelia as directly as possible whilst avoiding the trainers along the way. After catching up with Cheren to meet Professor Juniper in the southern Nimbasa (not quite sure what she wanted apart from to give each of us an ultra-ball).

Soon after getting to Nimbasa I turned around and went back, not just to Castellia but back across the bridge to Nancrene to find out what was special about the Cafe Warehouse on Wednesday only to be underwelmed. At least I'd got the bicycle in Nimbasa before I left which made crossing the bridge easier. I also discovered an area in the the west of the deep Pinwheel Forest which had previously been blocked by an old man was now accessable. There I caught a Swadloon.

Returning to Nimbasa I couldn'tquite avoid the last trainer outside the south Gate on Route 4. Exploring the city I discovered Gear Station[by coincidence in real life this was the very day when my rail-card expired] on the Battle Subway, took the train Anville Town and had a look around but it seems nothing happens until weekend. Not got far on the Single or Double battle trains. Bianca dragged me into the Pokemon Musical which looks worrying this generation of Pokemon's version of the incomprehensible Pokemon Contests.

After scene Bianca, her father and Elesa I was able to pass through the western gate to Route 5 where I caught Trubbish, Gothita and Minccino

Ran into N by the Ferris Wheel (Nimbasa Eye?) and had to battle him earlier than I intended:

extract from Ikki's Trainer's handbook (battle records)
Boss Battle: N [4] (Nimbusa City)

team roster
Tympole lvl 24+ [bt Sandile, bt Darumaka]
Pignite lvl 26+ [bt Scraggy]
Blitzle lvl 24 [defeated by Sigilyph]
Tranquill lvl 26 [defeated by Sigilyph]
Swoobat lvl 25 [bt Sigilyph]
Sawk (not summoned)

notes:
1: Tympole and Pignite went up a level during the battle
2: After the battle Tympole evolved into Palpitoad

Defeating N clears the way to the Nimbasa gym but I've not got a suitable team for an Electric gym.

Purrloin evolved in Liepard on route 5.

Cleared the trainers along Route 4 on the direct path between Castelia and Nimbasa.
tbcjap.png

Last edited:

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Caught the trio of Cobalion, Terakion, and Virizion, going to the sports dome for some more training. Whole team's at lv 61 right now. I want them all at 65 before I fight the elite 4 again.

Vycksta

Once everyone in Nimbasa's stadiums got their daily whipping I went to Lostlorn Forest to finish EV training Flaizen. There I was running around, minding my own business, caning a Petilil or fifty when holy wheel of Arceus I came across a shiny Swadloon. Why yes, I did catch it. Now I'm tempted to raise it. He's got a Serious nature and I don't have a problem with neutral natures.

Took a frolic to Chargestone Cave afterwards and got Bronius arrested. When done I slightly explored Route 17. Fun place. 8)

Team
Cuulthorne (( Emboar )): level 74
Harribel (( Liepard )): level 73
Lilynette (( Emolga )): level 73
Zyrisseti (( Virizion )): level 73
Krashark (( Golurk )): level 72
Flaizen (( Volcarona )): level 72

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I've done a lot today on my Black since I was sick all day, so I'll keep the post short :)

-Started in Castelia, dealt with TP. Went after Burgh, Roggenrola evolved into Boldore before the battle, and whupped his *** with Rock Blast.
-Made it through the desert, grinding my team, and checked out the Desert Resort.
-Arrived in Nimbasa City, got the Bike, defeated N, and evolved Zorua into Zoroark, who dealt with Elesa easily, thanks to Dark Pulse.
-Cleared out TP out of Cold Storage, found the illusive Scald TM, taught it to Frillish and newly evolved Emboar.
-Frillish made quick work of Clay, thanks to Will-O-Wisp and Scald.
-Chargestone Cave was a pain, went in circles a few times, the encounter rate is insane. Defeated N again, got another Lucky Egg from Juniper =D
-Met Skyla, followed her to Celestial Tower, defeated every trainer, and grinded my team to level 40, evolving Frillish, Ferroseed, and Boldore.
-Skyla was a breeze for Duosion, thanks to its newly learned Psychic. After the battle, it evolved, and I saved for the day.

Team
Emboar Lv40
Jellicent Lv40
Ferrothorn Lv40
Gigalith Lv40
Reuniclus Lv41
Zoroark Lv40

Time: 20:23
Pokedex: 20 Caught / 90 Seen
Badges: 6

Lorde

I battled some more trainers inside of Chargestone Cave but my Pokemon started to get worn out so I healed at the rest house on Route 6. I went back into Chargestone Cave and trained against wild Pokemon. As I got deeper into the cave I encountered a wild Tynamo and I captured it. I tried finding more but they rarely ever appear. I battled some Team Plasma grunts and had my Pokemon restored by a Doctor class trainer there. I went deeper and fought more Team Plasma grunts and I eventually found N again. He battled me using Pokemon found inside the cave but I defeated him. I left the cave after that and met Skyla and Cedric Juniper. I went to heal at the Pokemon Center and returned to Chargestone Cave to train against the Pokemon there. Saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.