• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Recent Happenings Thread (check first post: new rule!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After doing some battling in a house in White Forest, I decided to take some time to hatch my own mystery egg from that Wi-Fi event that was going on. I had already received mine from the man at the Pokemon Center, but I had neglected to hatch it. I walked around White Forest, trying to hatch it but that didn't work so I just went to Sky Arrow Bridge and hatched it easily there. It turned out that a Yanappu was inside my mystery egg. I deposited that since I had no use for it at the time, and I decided to climb aboard the Royal Isshu ship since it was about to leave. While in there, I battled several of the trainers and I did so in record time compared to the last time I was in there. My Zeburaika and Kenhorou leveled up by one level, and I went to the Hiun City Pokemon Center after that to heal my team. I then swapped by Doreida for my Poke-Shifted Blastoise and took off towards the Game Freak building there in Hiun City. I then arrived at the room where the Game Freak manager was, and I saved before battling him.

Yanappu

Cute o3o
Beat the Elite Four, now I have no idea at what to do. :(

Time: 55:30
Team: -

Lv.54 Kirikizan Female w/Black Glasses
- X-scissor
- Night Slash
- Metal Claw
- Thunderwave

Lv.53 Hihidaruma Female w/Charcoal
- Fire Punch
- Strength
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz

Lv.54 Marakacchi Female w/Miracle Seed
- Giga Drain
- Payback
- Petal Dance
- Synthesis

Lv.53 Archeos Female w/Rough Skin thing
- Fly
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragonbreathe

Lv.53 Burungeru Female w/Zoom Lens
- Surf
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Lv.53 Reshiram w/Dragon Fang
- Cross Flame
- Extrasensory
- Slash
- Dragon Pulse

Lorde

Wow, battling against the manager at the Game Freak building in Hiun City was harder than I had thought it would be at first. While I had an easy time defeating his Yanakki and Hiyakki with my Baokki and Doreida, his Zeburaika totally destroyed my Daikenki. His Kokoromori was also a handful at first, but then I swapped Kenhorou for my own Zeburaika and I defeated Kokoromori with Thunderbolt. His Baokki and Lepardas were easily defeated by my Kenhorou after that. I managed to defeat him and win some quick cash, but I hadn't expected such a tough battle. I went to heal my team at the Hiun City Pokemon Center after that, and I withdrew my Riolu from the PC and took it to get a massage in the same city. I then flew to Souryuu City and trained my Riolu near the entrance to Victory Road. It leveled up there and with max Happiness, it finally evolved into Lucario! I deposited it once again and saved.

addman999

what i am doing

Soooo... basically beat the elite four several times although admitedally with lots of help from revives and hyper potions. I like the elite four on black and white they are quite different from other games and really challenging.
The champion having 3 big type pokemon means he is destroyed easily by my Darmantian now level 90.

Also of note, I have caught all the legendaries in game which do not require WiFi, and i have found them of disappointing ease, the only one which took more than 10 dusk balls was Voltolos, who i think if he is not branded Uber will make a great addition to a WiFi battle team. Sadly Kyurem, Level 75 dragon type was caught in 1 Dusk Ball!

Something that is currently grinding my gears is a certain fishing spot at the P2 lab, according to serebii's pokearth you can catch kingdra at fishing spots. It claims there is a 5% chance of Kingdra and 5% chance of Lumineon, well after 3 hours i had seen about 20 Lumineon and not a single kingdra can anyone explain this?

Next - Find a ditto in giant hole, start some breeding and train up my tyranitar

Current Team
Darmantian - Level 90
Jalorda- Level 80 (a very poor pokemon, terrible movepool do not choose snivy as starter!)
Kyurem- Level 80
Ulgamoth - Level 75
Tyranitar - Level 60
Zekrom - Level 55

Can honestly say without a doubt this is the best pokemon game created so far ( with the exception of the perplexing decision to not add a Vs Seeker)

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
Restarting the game.

AIming for: Darmanitan, Doredia(IG trade), Daikenki, Shinboraa, Dageki, Doryuuzu.

Lorde

I finally got back on track and decided to return to White Forest and head on west, to an area of Isshu that I still hadn't accessed. I encountered the PokeShifting facility in that new area, and took the chance to tranfer over a bunch of Celebi from my Japanese SoulSilver version. It was tough trying to capture them all over again; that arrow device thing just didn't like me or something, because I always missed. I finally managed to stock up on those Celebi and I continued to battle my way around the area and my Doreida level up my another level. I then entered a new gate and found myself in a rotation battle, which wasn't something that I had expected to encounter. It was a weird change of pace, but I defeated the trainer and moved on to the bridge that connected that route with the route outside of Raimon City. Saved.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
I found out, ONCE AGAIN, that, as usual, they make the fire starter the easiest gym wise, and the grass starter the hardest.
When has this happened before?
Oh, I don't know....
Johto and Sinnoh are good examples....
I heard Kanto is another, but that's different.
It kind of pissed me off, to be honest. It seems like each game, the grass starter is made the weakest, or, they take it to a whole new level!
Oh, and once again, FIRE FIGHTING STARTER!
Ugh! I hate this. I was okay with Blaziken, because it was actually cool! Infernape pissed me off, because, it was so dang, just, URGH! And now, the fire starter, follows in the footsteps of them!

Apparently, Smugleaf also has a very limited move pool! It has high speed, sure, but, this is the sort of thing that makes it weak! Where as Infernape was the high speed, but it was a good thing! At least, that's what people make it seem.
It makes me angrier that I normally feel so bad for the grass types, and choose them. Then, what do I do? I power train! So now only do I pick the weakest starter, I normally end up making it my strongest pokemon.

My Soul Silver was a different case, as I took Typhlosion (I like all johto starters equally), and, I didn't exactly power train it. I made as much of a balanced team as I could! It was pretty kick ***.
Now, back to Tepig, as it seems, they've made it a tank. Oshawott, I like a bit better, than Tepig. Oshy I like, and it seems to be noble, as a swordsman!
I'm just, devastated. I was psyched, and now, I feel kind of sad about the starters.
Thing will probably get better, and who knows, maybe Smugleaf won't be so bad!

Lorde

I finally made it to the final area of Isshu that I hadn't explored yet. I actually felt really good, since I managed to explore every inch of Isshu without getting lost; it must be the linear design. I went to the bridge that connected the area east of White Forest to the area east of Raimon City. I encountered a wild Swanna while on the bridge, and obtained some items like that fell from the sky. I also met up with a girl and her Minezumi, and she asked me to play a quick mini-game with her. It wasn't easy though, but she let me try it several times until I won. After that, I entered another gate and found myself on the outskirts of Raimon City. I took the opportunity to catch some wild Pokemon that I hadn't captured yet in the area. I then arrived in Raimon City and trained against the trainers at the Sport Domes there. My Baokki and Daikenki both leveled up since I used them the most, and I managed to get some quick cash that way too. Saved.

XXD17

Draco rex
Just been trying out new team combos in the team-tesing facility in Raimon City..currently testing out a rain set with swift swim kingdra, adaptability basculin, and compoundeyes galvantula and let me say Basculin is probably the most overlooked pokemon ever despite its massive attack thanks to adaptability as well as its speed...It took out an emboar with one aqua tail with NO rain !!!

Lorde

After training a bit against the trainers at the Raimon City Sport Domes, I decided to get some serious training in by challenging the Isshu Elite Four once again. I flew to the Pokemon League area again and I went to the Pokemon Center there and deposited Kenhorou in favor of my Kyurem since battling is a bit easier with that on my team. I think went into Giima's room and battled him first. His Dark-type Pokemon were tough, but Fighting-type moves from my Baokki and Daikenki solved that issue nicely. I then went into Shikimi's room and battled her and used Kyurem for the first half of the battle. Caitlin was a bit of a challenge at first, but my Zeburaika took care of her Burungel and things got easier. I beat Renbu the quickest since his Fighting-type Pokemon were easy to beat. I saved shortly before reaching the Pokemon Champion's (Adeku's) room at the top of the Pokemon League HQ.

Webbstre

I finally saw all of the Isshu pokemon as of yesterday, and now begin the task of catching/breeding/raising the remaining 50. I think there are only two or three I need to trade for... like that damned Zoroark.

Also, caught my first Shiny today, ever, in any pokemon game. It was that pink thing that I usually harvest for experience... the name always slips my mind. Level 50 and it sparkles and is purple, and I caught it in a Gorgeous Ball. Might try it out for fashion shows or whatever might be available along those lines - I usually skip it so I haven't paid that much attention to see if that feature actually made it in this game.

Dragon Master Fiona

Dragon Master
Last weekend I got Entei now if only I had another DS to transfer it over and was closer to Illusion Forest. Right now I'm in Hodomoe City training it up for my gym battle. I haven't been playing my game as much recently but this is one of my most favored games.

wearjo

Pokemon Trader
I finally saw all of the Isshu pokemon as of yesterday, and now begin the task of catching/breeding/raising the remaining 50. I think there are only two or three I need to trade for... like that damned Zoroark.

Also, caught my first Shiny today, ever, in any pokemon game. It was that pink thing that I usually harvest for experience... the name always slips my mind. Level 50 and it sparkles and is purple, and I caught it in a Gorgeous Ball. Might try it out for fashion shows or whatever might be available along those lines - I usually skip it so I haven't paid that much attention to see if that feature actually made it in this game.

Tabunne???

StrangeClams

Strange Trainer
recently curbstomped aloe.
team: level 20 pignite (Bacon)
level 19 patrat (Scout)
level 18 nageki (Ernie)
heading to yaguruma forest....

Lorde

Wow, I had the hardest time against Adeku the other day when I fought him for the first time. His Pokemon were just tougher than I could've imagined. I had to switched certain Pokemon around in order to win that battle. First, I had totally forgotten that his Buffalon and its Herbivore ability, so that set me back as I used Doreida. Then it used Megahorn and defeated my Doreida. I beat it with Baokki's Focus Blast, but then Adeku sent out Ulgamoth and that thing beat my Baokki with Hyper Beam. I managed to stay in the game and I defeated Ulgamoth with my Daikenki's Surf attack. Adeku then sent out Crimgan, but Daikenki took care of that with Ice Beam. After that, I had to face off against Pokemon like Shubarugo and Baibanira, but that was easier than some of the previous Pokemon that I had to face. I finally beat Adeku and I got to have my current team registered at the Hall of Fame again. It was still a fun experience and I managed to level up quite a bit from it. I saved after the credits.

I found out, ONCE AGAIN, that, as usual, they make the fire starter the easiest gym wise, and the grass starter the hardest.
When has this happened before?
Oh, I don't know....
Johto and Sinnoh are good examples....
I heard Kanto is another, but that's different.
It kind of pissed me off, to be honest. It seems like each game, the grass starter is made the weakest, or, they take it to a whole new level!
Oh, and once again, FIRE FIGHTING STARTER!
Ugh! I hate this. I was okay with Blaziken, because it was actually cool! Infernape pissed me off, because, it was so dang, just, URGH! And now, the fire starter, follows in the footsteps of them!

Apparently, Smugleaf also has a very limited move pool! It has high speed, sure, but, this is the sort of thing that makes it weak! Where as Infernape was the high speed, but it was a good thing! At least, that's what people make it seem.
It makes me angrier that I normally feel so bad for the grass types, and choose them. Then, what do I do? I power train! So now only do I pick the weakest starter, I normally end up making it my strongest pokemon.

My Soul Silver was a different case, as I took Typhlosion (I like all johto starters equally), and, I didn't exactly power train it. I made as much of a balanced team as I could! It was pretty kick ***.
Now, back to Tepig, as it seems, they've made it a tank. Oshawott, I like a bit better, than Tepig. Oshy I like, and it seems to be noble, as a swordsman!
I'm just, devastated. I was psyched, and now, I feel kind of sad about the starters.
Thing will probably get better, and who knows, maybe Smugleaf won't be so bad!

What in the world are you talking about! Perversity Leaf Storm BREAKS THE GAME! With a +2 SpA every time you use such a high power move, it is amazing! And Jalorda is the only one that can use this broken mechanic. Though I agree in ingame Smugleaf is pretty sorry.

Lorde

I started the game by following the news of a swarm. I went to the location and captured a couple of Paras and then went off to Route 3 to deposit one of those at the Day Care Center. I then went to White Forest and withdrew Tornelos and Voltolos from the Pokemon Center there and made my way to the Fertility Shrine to find Landlos. I made my way around the area and made it to the actual shrine and activated the event that made Landlos appear. I then battled it and put it to sleep so that I could have an easier time capturing it. It still took about 10 minutes for the darn thing to stay in the Ultra Ball, but it worked and I captured myself another Legendary Pokemon. I decided to train the Landlos for a while and leveled it up by 4 levels while training. After that, I took back the Paras from the Day Care Center and went ahead and evolved that into Parasect. I finished off the day with a battle against Bianca to level up my team and saved.

Ju-da-su

What in the world are you talking about! Perversity Leaf Storm BREAKS THE GAME! With a +2 SpA every time you use such a high power move, it is amazing! And Jalorda is the only one that can use this broken mechanic. Though I agree in ingame Smugleaf is pretty sorry.

You do know that you can't get DW Snivy without cheating, do you? -_-"

On recent happening, currently am trying to SR'ing for IV or shiny Landorus in my White. I've decided to start playing Black, as I have nothing much to do in White right now (other than doing random trading and strolling around...well, I still have that Landorus, but that's probably all I have right now...-_-"), and decided to choose a Snivy, not because I want it, but because I'll transfer my 19/31/31/4/31/31 Tepig and Ice Beam Oshawott from my White into it. Currently SR'ing for IV or shiny on that one as well...-_-"

Lorde

After having defeated Bianca, I decided to go find Cheren so that I could have myself a nice battle with him as well, for cash and experience points, of course. I found him at Victory Road and challenged him to a battle. I didn't think that I'd run into much trouble against the guy, but his Lepardas managed to defeat my Baokki with Aerial Ace and then his Ononokusu defeated my Kenhorou with Rock Slide. I used Daikenki to defeat his Ononokusu and Gigalith, and then my Doreida and Zeburaika to defeat his Hiyakki and Kenhorou, respectively. I used Murando to defeat his Jalorda at the end, and I won the battle and got what I wanted. I then flew to Hiun City to heal and give my Togepi a massage so that it would evolve. After a few more battles, it finally evolved into a Togetic! I used the Shine Stone to evolve it into Togekiss, and then trained it some more before depositing it. Saved.

Torrentr

Rainy Ocean Trainer
I've been spending my days with Black just doing minor training in the Sports Domes of Nimbassa.

My current team is:
Zebstraika, lv. 82 "Squal"
Archeops, lv. 83 "Kaos"
Simisage, lv. 81 "Brock"
Zoroark, lv. 85 "Nacht"
Volcarona, lv. 80 "Solar"
Samurott, lv. 86 "Rainy"

My goal right now is to get my primary Unova team to level 100, but I tend to get sidetracked easily (99% of the time by the DW). Managed to get a Swift Swim Poliwag (name: Oly) in a trade about a week ago, that I have since evolved into a Drizzle Politoed--another goal is to build a Rain team around her, possibly featuring Raichu and Accelgor.

A third goal I have is to interweave other Pokemon into my primary team--the focus right now is to replace Brock with a Serperior I have in the works, named "Forre." I've also considered Roserade for the spot, as I do have a personal bias towards Poison types. And I do have one trained up to lv. 50, of the name "Rosa."

Status
Not open for further replies.