• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Recent Happenings Thread (check first post: new rule!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalosian

So long
Continued training Zweilous today. Started by battling wild Pokemon in the outer area of the Giant Chasm, which was a quite good place to train for it. I got it to level 55, then I left. Headed to Castelia City and entered the Royal Unova in the evening. It has really been forever since I last took the cruise here on B/W, so it was great to do it again. I managed to beat all 6 trainers within the time limit which gave a bit of training for Zweilous. I also got a RageCandyBar this way. Left and headed to Nimbasa City. I battled several of the trainers in the Nimbasa Stadiums... and that was enough to get Zweilous to level 64, so it evolved into Hydreigon. This went much faster than I had expected, I had forgotten how easy and awesome it is to train Pokemon in B/W. Really happy that it went so fast. It wasn't all easy though, even as a Zweilous, it still felt weak and slow at times and I had to assist it with other Pokemon in several situations while training at the Royal Unova and the Stadiums. Either way, after it had evolved, I taught it Flamethrower which completed its moveset. So the team is now done... almost. There is one very small thing related to the team which I need to get done, and I will do that tomorrow, then it is time to see how well this team works for what I intended to use it for.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
At the Driftveil Gym, I fought Clay. He used his Krokorok and I used Serperior. Krokorok lost to Leaf Blade and I switched to Simipour when Clay sent out Palpitoad. I defeated it fast and then I used Simipour against Clay's Excadrill as well. I quickly beat Excadrill with Simipour's Scald attack, then Clay was defeated and won the Quake Badge. I left the Driftveil City Gym and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center next. Once that was done, I strutted west to Route 6, but I had to battle Bianca before I could pass. I did that and once I defeated her, I got the Fly HM from her. I taught it to my Unfezant and then I flew back to Castelia City. I went to Studio Castelia and I got a Berry from a clown. I saved afterwards.

Kalosian

So long
The one thing I had left that I needed to do before the team was in its final form was to get a Focus Sash. Which can only be obtained from the Battle Subway, so I headed there. I had 46 BP in total, lacking 2 in order to reach the 48 that was needed. So I had to enter the Subway once in order to get more. Gave the team the items they needed except for Infernape, gave it an Expert Belt instead of the Focus Sash. Entered the Super Double line and won the first 7 battles. That gave me the BP I needed, so I left the line and bought a Focus Sash. With that, the team was finally completely complete.

Left the Gear Station and headed to the Battle Institute. Tried the Double test with the team. I managed to win all five battles, not without problems but it worked. I got a score quite a bit above 6000 and the Master Rank, which is what I was after in first place. So that is now over, and I'm happy about making it so easily. But it wouldn't be fair to the team if I abandoned them after just that. So I have decided to continue in the Subway for a while, I have a certain goal to reach there. Continued from the round I won and managed to win 3 more rounds using the team, which means my streak currently stands at 28 battles won in a row. Will continue from there and see how far I can go.

Lorde

Inside of Chargestone Cave, I spotted Prof. Juniper and Bianca, then I emasculated wild Pokemon for experience and caught a Joltik and Ferroseed while I explored the cavern's next floor. I encountered a few more trainers on my way down to said area of Chargestone Cave and I battled against some Team Plasma grunts who were hanging around suspiciously as well. I eventually got to the bottom floor and I managed to find a wild Tynamo after 15 minutes. I captured it and then I had my Pokemon healed by a Doctor trainer next. I was about to leave the cave, but my sis N suddenly ambushed me. I had a quick battle with him and then I found the exit of Chargestone Cave. I saved before sprinting to Mistralton City.

Kalosian

So long
Today, I continued battling in the Subway for a bit. Managed to win three more rounds, but not without problems. There was a certain battle against a Blissey which gave me a bit of trouble, it first used Minimize to get to +6 Evasion, I then Tricked Rotom's Choice Specs to it and got it locked into Softboiled. It then went down to struggling in the end. That battle wasn't really hard, just a bit tricky to win. My battle against Emmet wasn't the easiest either. He was surprisingly tough, more than I had expected from him. But I did win in the end, which was great.

Continued afterwards for one more round, but ended up losing in battle #54. The reason was that I was up against a difficult matchup from the start, then I did some stupid decisions and misplayed a bit, while my opponent made several great decisions, which caused me to lose. But I'm really happy about the streak anyway, I did get past Emmet which I'm happy about. I also reached my goal, which was to get 48 BP in total. I got that and quite a bit more as well, which is great if I should ever need it for something in the future. Though I doubt I ever will. Anyway, my team as a whole turned out to be successful because it got me the Master Rank at the Battle Institute and it also got me this far in the Subway, so that's great.

I am done with what I wanted to do on White for now, and I can't think of anything else I need to do here right now so I won't play it anymore now. Though I still have those two Entralink Pokemon left to catch on both Black and White, and I should really get around to catching them sometime soon. Hoping that it will actually happen too, I just need a bit of mental preparation and motivation for it, I guess... We'll see how it goes, and when.

Lorde

Now at the humble Mistralton City, I saw Cedric Juniper with Skyla on a date. Next Skyla ran off to Celestial Tower on Route 7 and I finally entered the Pokemon Center and I healed my exhausted team inside. I exited after purchasing some items and then I visited the houses around the city. I used the Move Deleter's help with one of my Pokemon and then I went to the airport's runway. I picked some items around there and then I headed to the Gym, but of course Gym Leader Skyla wasn't there. I left to Route 7 and I battled some trainers along the way to the Celestial Tower. I also trained with some wild Audino along the way and I finally got to the Celestial Tower after a while. I saved my game when I got inside.

Kalosian

So long
During last week as well as the two days that have passed from this week, I have finally gotten around to catching the remaining Pokemon in my Entralink in Black and White. They were the Event Porygon and Arceus which were both from 2012, and since I had obtained them on both games, I have two of each. They have been staying in my Entralinks for a few years and I figured I shouldn't let them stay there much longer. Getting them with the Nature/IVs I wanted was not easy since I had to learn Entralink RNG in order to get them as perfect as possible, and that was rather difficult. But I knew it would be, and I'm fine with it. I really wish I had done this earlier but better late than never as usual I guess. Below is the full info about the Pokemon and my thoughts about them as well as the whole thing in general. Decided to post it here since the old "Discuss My Pokemon" thread is dead since long and I wanted write down my thoughts and experiences regarding this.

137.png
233.png
greatball.png

Snacko | 61034
Level 10 | Entree Forest | Hidden Power Psychic [63]
Sassy | Analytic | Genderless
31 | 12 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 0
Tackle | Conversion | Sharpen | Psybeam

137.png
233.png
diveball.png

Tally | 46329
Level 10 | Entree Forest | Hidden Power Psychic [63]
Quiet | Analytic | Genderless
31 | 24 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 0
Tackle | Conversion | Sharpen | Psybeam

493.png
luxuryball.png

Snacko | 61034
Level 100 | Entree Forest | Hidden Power Dark [70]
Jolly | Multitype | Genderless
31 | 31 | 31 | 7 | 31 | 31
Recover | Hyper Beam | Perish Song | Judgment

493.png
premierball.png

Tally | 46329
Level 100 | Entree Forest | Hidden Power Dragon [68]
Timid | Multitype | Genderless
31 | 16 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Recover | Hyper Beam | Perish Song | Judgment

----

Since Porygon can be caught with its Hidden Ability from the Dream Radar in B/W2 and from what I have understood, it will then always be in a Dream Ball, I decided to catch these two digital ducks in other balls. The choices landed on Great and Dive since they are the best ones from my view.

As said, nothing about this was easy. In fact, these four might have been the hardest RNGs I have ever done. The beginning was difficult because I had trouble calibrating EonTimer to make it work the way I wanted. I eventually figured out that the easiest way to make it work was to calibrate it "manually", as I'd like to call it. From there on, things went a bit easier and I could hit my delay... which I had to do many times. But going through the initial calibration was truly a Trial of Error and I'm glad I managed to figure it out reasonably fast.

As for the Pokemon themselves.... Porygon on Black was more luck than anything. Once I had figured out how to hit the right delay (or at least how to get close to it every time), I just had to figure out how to get the right Nature as well. In the process of doing so, I managed to hit my target delay (for the second time) and got one of my three desired Natures in the process, so that was great. The other two Natures I wanted were Quiet and Relaxed. It did leave me a bit clueless as for how to get the right nature for the three remaining Pokemon, but I decided to keep it and go on from here.

Porygon on White was more actual skill than the first one. Now that I knew how to hit my delay, I also had to make sure to hit another useful nature. I didn't get lucky like with the first one, so I had to go through another Trial of Error in order to figure out how to consistently get a desired nature. I really wanted at least one of the Porygon to be Quiet, so I used that as my target nature. It wasn't easy but I figured it out eventually (using Entralink+ in EonTimer) and managed to hit the nature in question consistently. Then I just had to hit the right delay as well and once that was done, I had it. It is so awesome and I love it. Plus, finding out how to hit the nature would turn out to be very helpful for both of the Arceus.

Regarding Arceus on Black, the experience I got from Porygon on White was very useful here. I still had to calibrate (or what you should call it) for the nature and it wasn't easy, but this time I knew what I was doing all the time. Once I finally had gotten the right Nature consistently, it took a bit longer to hit the right delay here compared to Porygon. But it payed off in the end and I'm glad that I didn't give up.

Finally, Arceus on White. Appropriately, the final one was also the hardest to get. Just because I knew what I was doing and how to properly do what I wanted to do didn't mean it was easy. Felt like it took forever to get, I had to switch seed once because the first one I used didn't work the way I wanted and the second one had a very high delay AND a very long waiting time for the Nature I wanted. In the end, it took me around 5 minutes for each try. I struggled for quite a long time before finally getting it. Was considering changing target Nature to Modest and even Bold for a while but ended up deciding that I really wanted Timid. It was worth it in the end. And now I have it and I am so happy about it.

In the end, Entralink RNG was challenging and difficult, but also very fun and I'd say the fun was worth more than the pain and suffering from the difficulties. It feels a bit sad that I won't ever have to do it again on these games since the Dream World and Wi-Fi has closed down. I feel like a challenge of this caliber was just what I needed right now. I'm really happy that I finally caught these four Pokemon, now my Entralink in both Black and White will be empty forever ever after.

And so, I am once more done with what I wanted to do in these games for now. Though I love B/W and I wish I could keep playing them, I just don't know what to do in them. So I will probably not play them anymore in the near future. I do have another Entralink Pokemon left to catch, but it is on Black 2. I will be catching it next but will take a short break first, going to start with it on Thursday at the very earliest.

Last edited:

Lorde

After exploring Celestial Tower and greeting Skyla at the top, I flew back to Mistralton City. I dashed into the Mistralton City Gym pronto and fought some Gym trainers and their Flying-types. I also used the Gym's cannons and got blasted around the Mistralton City Gym until I reached Gym Leader Skyla's spot. We battled there and she used Swoobat first and I used my new Galvantula's Electro Ball to slay it. Skyla used Unfezant next and Galvantula's Volt Switch beat it as well, then I faced off against Skyla's Swanna. Krokorok thrashed Swanna with Rock Tomb and then I won the Jet Badge and Acrobatics TM from Skyla and I left the Gym. I met my stalker N once outside and I saved before going to the Pokemon Center.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Explored Mistralton City after getting through Chargestone Cave (which was horrible because I ran out of Repels and the encounter rate was [insert a bunch of bad words] xD). Did a bit of levelling up on the first route north of the city (forgot which one). I'm hoping to evolve my Dewott soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I restarted my white today. I picked the girl character and also picked Oshawott as my starter. I beat both Cheren and Bianca easily in a battle. I then trained my Oshawott to level twelve on route 1. I then entered Accumula Town and healed my Oshawott. I then left the Pokemon Center and watched Ghetsis give a speech. After he left and everyone started leaving I encountered a trainer named N and I battled him and beat him easily. N then left and I went back into the Pokemon center and healed Oshawott again. I then saved my game

Lorde

So next I left Mistralton City and ran to Route 7 and towards Twist Mountain. As I arrived outside Twist Mountain, I saw Cheren and we fought, then Alder gave me the Surf HM. I entered the mountain next and slayed trainers and Pokemon inside the labyrinth's tunnel. I eventually spotted the exit and I arrived in Icirrus City. Cedric Juniper met up with me there and we gossiped, then I sprinted towards the Pokemon Center to heal my darlings. I exited the PC and explored the small town a bit next and I snatched a few items and then I dashed to the Icirrus City Gym. Once I got inside, I battled against the first couple of Gym trainers and their Ice-types that I encountered after sliding around in several directions.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Today I challenged Lenora for my 2nd badge. I used my newly evolved Dewott and my Pidove for the gym match. I beat her Herdier with Dewott and then recalled it when Lenora sent out her Watchog using my Pidove as the fall guy while I healed Dewott's HP to full health. I then took down Watchog in 2 shots with razor shell. After I won the gym badge, Team Plasma barged into the museum and stole a dragon skull from the museum. I then decided to give chase after healing my Pokemon.

Lorde

So back at the Icirrus City Gym, I thrashed the remaining Gym trainers and slid around some more and I challenged Gym Leader Brycen. I quickly thrashed his Vanillish with my Gurdurr's DynamicPunch, then his Cryogonal with Wake-Up Slap. Finally, I slayed Brycen's Beartic with my new Darmanitan's Fire Punch. I won the Freeze Badge and Frost Breath TM and left the Icirrus City Gym. Once outside, my pals Cheren and Bianca were there and Brycen appeared and revealed the Shadow Triad. We had to stop N's scheme at the Dragonspiral Tower and I went to the Pokemon Center and healed my Pokemon. I headed for Dragonspiral Tower next and once inside, I captured a wild Golett on the first floor and saved my game.

Navarch

I started a new game a few days ago, and I'm just defeated the third gym leader, Burgh.

My team is Dewott, Drilbur, and Petilil.

Playing through White reminds me of why I love the 5th generation, especially the first set of games. The music is, I suppose, nostalgic in a sense?

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished with alpha sapphire for the time being so I decided to start over on black and use my very first team. So far I'm in Striaton city and this is my team:
Poseidon the oshawot lv 12
Molly the lillipup (not final team member) lv 10
pansear lv 10
This was my first black team:
Poseidon the samerot
Aphrodite the whimsicott
Hermes the archeops
Ares the excadrill
Arachne the galvantula
Athena the haxorus

Lorde

I continued roaming Dragonspiral Tower and I fought my share of Team Plasma grunts after picking up items and catching a Druddigon. I saw Brycen and Cheren holding off a group of Plasma grunts, then I saw a Plasma Sage. I finally found N's whereabouts and he flew off on Zekrom. I climbed back down and Surfed across a lake and caught a Sawsbuck, then I flew to Castelia City and dashed north to Route 4 as instructed by Alder. I visited the Desert Resort and next the Relic Castle. I accessed a new area inside and I encountered a Krokorok. I captured it and then a wild Cofagrigus as well and I went deeper into the ruins. I battled against several Team Plasma grunts and I saved the game before going down a sinkhole.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got my 2nd badge yesterday after failing to catch a male drilbur in the cave but finding a female >.> I did get a blitzle which I will use until I beat the gym in Nimbasa. After getting the badge I beat the plasma grunts in Pinwheel forest and caught my 2nd main team member, a modest female cottonee named Aphrodite. Here is the current team
Poseidon the dewott lv 19
Aphrodite the cotonee lv 18
blitzle lv 17

Lorde

At the Relic Castle, I soon spotted Alder with Ghetsis. Ghetsis then fled and once outside, I got a message from Professor Juniper. I flew to Nacrene City and I obtained the Light Stone. I flew back to Icirrus City and dashed to Route 8. After visiting the swampy Moor of Icirrus, I fought Bianca near Tubeline Bridge. I met Ghetsis again on the bridge, then I arrived at Route 9. I visited Shopping Mall Nine and bought several items and fought some trainers inside as well. I stepped outside and thrashed trainers and Pokemon n the tall grass and then I headed towards Opelucid City. I arrived and encountered Alder immediately and we spied on a Team Plasma rally and then when that was finished, we met up with Drayden and Iris.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I pretty much did everything in Castalia except get the amulet coin from the dancers. After that I beat the plasma grunt and gym trainers. Afterwards I healed and battled Burgh. Man he was tuff with only blitzes and dewott. Poseidon took out his whirlipede and he didn't even need the pecha berry I attached to him. Leavanny killed blitzes so I sent out Aphridite to paralyze it and revive blitzle. Blitzle managed to beat Leavanny finally and Poseidon beat his dwebble. Now to battle Bianca and Cheren. Current team
Poseidon the dewott lv 23
Aphridite the cottonee lv 21
Blitzle lv 23

Lorde

So I spoke to Drayden and Iris next and afterwards Drayden left to the Opelucid City Gym to await my challenge. I then fought two Ace Trainers in Rotation Battles at the Battle House and dashed to Route 9 after wandering through Opelucid City's futuristic landscape. I spent 30 minutes grinding for experience at Route 9, then I hurried back to Opelucid City to challenge the Gym. I entered it and battled a few Gym trainers and their tough Dragon-types. I quickly pranced to the Pokemon Center to heal my darlings and then I returned to the Opelucid City Gym to finish off the Gym challenge. I battled another set of Gym trainers as I searched for Drayden's location. I saved by some switch that moved the dragon's heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.