• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Recent Happenings Thread (check first post: new rule!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
I note the gym leaders are a lot tougher, which is welcome. I am having difficulty beating Kamitsure.

I hate Emonga. Especially when my Megroc uses Swagger and the damn thing doesn't hit itself in confusion even once.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Got the game(White) after much wait. As it became my favorite Gen V starter, I went with Mijumaru. However, I lost the first battle with Belle. Luckily, I had saved before getting it in case I wanted to get a female one, so I reset because losing the first battle is not a good way to start. Beat both of them this time. Got the Pokédex and the Town Map, and had Araragi show me how to catch a Pokémon. Despite this being a new game, I didn't even attempt to catch any of the wild Pokémon and simply made my way to Sanyou City. Then, I went to the abandoned lot and got Baoppu(A.K.A Stupid fire monkey, who I thought I was going to use but decided not to. I trained Mijumaru to Lv.15 and beat Dento(Actually, it was the stupid fire monkey that defeated Yanappu(Stupid Broccoli monkey)). Then, I saved the Munna from Team Plasma, and saw some shaking grass. Out popped a Tabunne, so I caught it simply for the sake of it. I then lost to Cheren on Route 3, so I trained Mijumaru to Lv.17 and got Futachimaru. Beat Cheren easily with Shell Blade and Focus Energy. From there, I made it to Shippou City and trained on Route 4. Futachimaru got was Lv.21 by this time, so I went to the gym/museum. It was a very challenging puzzle simply because I had no idea what I was doing. But I got through it, and Aloe is by far the toughest gym leader this early in any game. I don't get what attack her Miruhoggu used to defeat me twice, but I finally beat it. Then I did the sequence where I got the fossil head back(I swear that the fossil is a Dragonite, which is plausible only because of the Armaldo fossil in the museum). Then I made it across the huge and camera panning Sky Arrow Bridge. Then I explored Hiun City, and saved. Then I downloaded the Liberty Ticket, and did that event. Victini is a tough little bugger. I wasn't paying attention and tossed a random ball at it, and it was a Heal Ball. I figured that since I had three, it wouldn't hurt to continue. One Heal Ball later, and Victini was mine.

Current Team:
Futachimaru-Lv.26-♂-Tackle/Shell Blade/Water Gun/Focus Energy
Victini-Lv.15-Confusion/Incinerate/Quick Attack/Endure

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Ha, beat Kamitsure. Had to teach Rock Tomb to my Megroc to do it, though. Stupid Emonga using Aerial Ace on my Janovy.

I keep forgetting I have a bike to use...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Started heading towards Shippou City and ran into a cool patch of grass where you can battle two Pokemon at once! Battled there for a while then left west and battled some trainers and entered Shippou City by nightfall. Automatically went to heal at the Pokemon Center and explored the city a bit, looking mostly for items. Went to the museum/Aloe's Gym but I ran into N. We battled then after that was done, I entered the building and went through the back to the actual Gym. It was a mess with shelves upon shelves of books and trainers that I had to battle to get clues from those books. Finally solved the Gym puzzle despite not knowing Japanese and made my way to Aloe. Her dog Pokemon was handled easily by my Shimama and Baoppu but Miruhoggu was a close call even with Futachimaru's Shell Blade. Beat Aloe, got the badge, then went to the museum as Team Plasma was stealing a fossil. I then left to find them but saved before I went on that quest.

Loghan

While heading towards Raimon City, took a little detour to the west and found a gigant desert with lots of trainers. Great place for training for the 4th gym. I must say that I love the design of the trainers, they all look so sexy, like the breakdancer or the male backpacker<3

Team so far:

496.png

-Janobii: Now that there are more trainers with rock and ground pokemon, he has become useful and now he is one of my best pokemon.

502.png

-Hiyakki: Great pokemon for the part of the game where I'm at. Just some problems with his movepool.

528.png

-Kokoromi: Meh. Just meh. Useful for coverage and for that awesome design <3.

559.png

-Zuruguu: My best pokemon so far. Great moves, great stats and just overall greatness. And cuteness <3.

DarkAngel

Beginning Trainer
Just got my game this morning had to work so I bring it with me. I played during my break and keep resetting till I got a female miju. Now at home and playing.
Got my yooteri ( i hunt the one with pick up ability :D) and minezumi.
Now at the 2 town about to battle N.

Necrobat

Competitive hopeful
Got my game this morning. So many Pokemon I like before the 2nd gym. This is... kind of shocking. The worst part? Too many I like this gen to use at once!

Levelling my team a bit to take Aloe down. Her Haderia hits HARD.

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
So I was quite underleved since the last time I posted, and I've been training, as I'm playing again. God is getting your team leveled up a pain, especially when the EXP is never stable. And the attack stats are ridiculous in this game. Regardless of level, your Pokemon is going to get 2-3 hits and its in the red zone.

Last edited:

shac

Training my fossil turtle at the north desert - making it ready to fight Emonga at the 4th gym. Hope it can cope though - it has a type disadvantage, but hoping ancient power would be good enough at level 30. Leveling it up is a pain - it's moving like a slug on a sunday morning on hangover....seesh!

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Training my fossil turtle at the north desert - making it ready to fight Emonga at the 4th gym. Hope it can cope though - it has a type disadvantage, but hoping ancient power would be good enough at level 30. Leveling it up is a pain - it's moving like a slug on a sunday morning on hangover....seesh!
That's mostly due to the lowering of the EXP after each battle for Pokemon you previously battled and defeated but lost to. The last one is for gym leaders of course. But yeah, in the forest, having to deal with trainers AND plasma. Thankfully found a Tabunne! Totally sarcastic by the way, and man this place is huge, getting lost already.

Last edited:

jwla

I spent a ton of time leveling, and headed to the Hiun City Gym. Between my Shimama's Nitro Charge, Darumakka's Fire Fang and Punch, and Hiyappu's Boiling Water, I made short work of those trainers. I head back into the desert and beat Cheren and Belle easily. As I walked through Route 4, I took the left path (the one that heads to the underground place where you can catch Desumasu). I found the girl with the fossils, and accidentally took the Carapace Fossil. I thought about shutting the game off so I could go back. The problem was that I don't think I saved any time after the gym, so I didn't want to lose all that! :mad: I am mad at myself. I did find a Shinpora out in the desert, so I settled on that.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Got through the forest, cancelled an evolution and on my way to Hiun. God the bridge is beautiful. Love the wind noises.

Joe.

After going into that first cave and driving away Team Plasma I ran into my first encounter in the cave, a shiny Koromori!

Necrobat

Competitive hopeful
3rd gym was a pushover after the headache that was Aloe. Just beat my friends on the route out of Hiun, and preparing to continue my journey north.

Current team as of defeating Cheren;

Lv19 Meguroko
Lv20 Haderia
Lv20 Futachimaru
Lv21 Shimama
Lv21 Dangoro
Lv22 Koromori

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
Here's what I've done so far:
*Caught some pokemon and trained Miju (nicknamed River)
*Met Team Plasma and beat N
*Trained and got Boappu in the process
*Used Boappu (nicknamed Burst) and River to beat Dento.
*Dropped off Burst at the Daycare
*Caught Shimama (nicknamed Dash)
*Caught more pokemon and trained Dash to catch up to River
*Beat up some Plasma goons in a cave.
*Went on my marry way towards Shippou City
* Beat N again
*Went passed the city and trained with all the trainers and wild pokemon in the route after Shippou City
*River evolved into Futachimaru and Dash learned the super awesome move, Nitro Charge
*Saved and quit at Shippou City gym with River and Dash

502.png
522.png

Last edited:

jwla

I am now in the city that contains the fourth gym. I kicked the Plasma Grunt's butt, and got my bike. I followed Belle to the Musical Hall--and dressed up Pantsu, my Zurggu, in a bow tie and top hat! HAHAHA--then checked the routes east and west of the place. I accidentally went to the Ferris wheel, and fought (and beat) N. I am not ready for the fourth gym yet, because I don't have a proper ground-type for battle. I taught Pants to use Dig, but I am pretty sure he's going to be whooped by Zeburaika... We'll see, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.