• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Recent Happenings Thread (check first post: new rule!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
Well after my insane over leveling yesterday it was time for some new team members. I'm currently on route 4 Pansage and Pansear have been dropped for Yamask, Sandile and most importantly SCRAGGY. after some hardcore training both Sandile and Yamask have evolved and Scraggy is on lvl 35 hes my favourite poke atm so iv been training with him like you wouldn't belive. Also Dewott just been lvln up heaps 2 route 4 and the desert resort are great places 2 train. started breeding Larvesta as well which was given 2 me by a friend, was just trying 2 get a timid 1 and out of nowhere after only 2 hatches I get a shiny timid 1 with maxed out Sp.Atk and Spd EV's. Woot

So the team stands:

Dewott lvl 35
Jolly
-Shell Blade
-Return
-Swords Dance
-Revenge

Cofagrigus lvl 34
Bold
-Hex
-Will-O-Wisp
-Curse
-Protect

Krokorok lv 33
Adamant
-Crunch
-EQ
-Rock Tomb
-Assurance

Scraggy lv 35
Adamant
-Brick Break
-Faint Attack
-Scary Face
-Chip Away

Larvesta lvl 20
Timid
-Flamethrower
-Sunny Day
-Solar Beam
-Morning Sun

richi3f

Bug Catcher
Since yesterday, I'm in Dreamyard trying to catch a Bold Synchronize Munna. 8 Forewarn Munna have appeared in a row! I guess this is not my lucky day. :S

Current team:
Herdier Lv.23 (Adamant)

BlastoiseWaterLegend

I LOVE WATER TYPES!!
Aight just beat the game. Swapped my Eelektross for Zekrom and will now try and track down Tornadus whom I will be using my Master Ball on.

raquiri

I just got done playing for about 7 hours :/ I beat Burge, or whatever his name is. He's, um, a creep. Anyway he was easy, my swoobat probably could have taken him alone. The last gym was a lot harder. I got victini and zorua too. Maybe it's just geechisu working on me, but I don't get why the cops and everyone are freaking out about team plasma capturing victini from the basement it's been stuck in... especially since you go on to do the same thing and put victini in a pc box, and everyone thinks you're a hero for it.

AmpharosFanatic

I just beat the main storyline of the game in 23 hours. Gotta say, this game had its problems, but overall I really enjoyed it. The storyline in particular seemed much darker than what I was expecting. Good game so far, now to move on to the extra material, and ultimately decide whether I want to keep this save file, or start new with a better paced, stronger gaming experience.

BTW, I caught Reshiram with 1 Luxury Ball. That was it!!! 1 Pokeball! 1!!!! Did they make Reshiram and Zekrom ridiculously easy to catch or what?

Last edited:

AncientMew

Training since 1998
Just got the game yesterday, I've defeated one gym. It's pretty good so far but not as good as anything Gen IV if I'm honest, early days yet though. Party is as follows;

Pignite/BARNEY Lvl. 17
Pansage/GEORGE Lvl. 14
Lillipup/BAXTER Lvl. 14
Roggenrola/JAGGER Lvl. 15
Munna/DIMITRI Lvl. 14
Blizle/DANCER Lvl. 12

old man

On Guard!!!
Just made it to the 3rd gym city after crossing that long bridge.

Cobalt_Latios

Well, decided to try and continue. Didn't get a whole lot done, but hey I'm getting to a comfortable point here.

• Headed down to the Cold Storage to "capture" Team Plasma
  • Encountered them, FINALLY got my Zorua to evolve
  • Caught a Vanillite in the nearby grass. Also got my Servine to near evolution
  • Decided to challenge the 5th gym.
  • Realized that this is the only in which my Servine has an actual type advantage... which is rather saddening ;_;
  • Faced the gym leader with relative ease. Servine took out both Krokorok and Palpitoad with extreme ease.
  • Scraggy OHKO'd Excadrill with Hi Jump Kick! :D.
  • Got my 5th badge!
  • Went to leave, Bianca stopped me for a battle.
  • Beat her with relative ease
  • She gave my HM Fly. Whoa! This is awfully late o_0,
  • Flew down to Nacrene to get my fossile revived.
  • Spent a good half hour trying to get a "Jolly" Archen. Finally got it!
  • Now I'm probably either a) keeping Sigilyph and Archen until 6th gym, b) catching myself a Tynamo and Joltik, and using Tynamo for 6th gym, c) go through cave, catch Tynamo and rotate with Sandile (hardly using it, but having Rock Tomb is helpful), d) ditching Sandile and swapping it with Axew once I get the chance

You know, this may indeed be the first gen I actually decide to rotate my team. I mean, I used to do something similar in previous gens, but the fact that there's so many options for teams, it's very difficult this time to just use a six set for the entire game. I was easy when we had basic information, but now that we're experiencing them hands on, it's a whole other game.

edit: Despite the fact that I really do like Zoroark's movepool, typing and general design, having to wait so long for it to learn anything "useable" is kind of a pain.

/CL

Last edited:

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Just beat Burgh, got my 3rd badge, beat Bianca too. Heading back out to route 4.(I had been there before to catch a sandile and train)

Slowdive

horses in the sky
- Beat Chili
- Beat Lenora
- Beat Burgh
- Beat Elesa
- Beat Clay

All of the stuff in between, too. Current team:

Excadrill (Monarchy) | Lv. 37 ♀ - Lonely Nature
Moves: Hone Claws / Earthquake / Rock Slide / Shadow Claw
Impressions: Well, after playing with Excadrill on a battle simulator, I knew he was going to be a beast. I just didn't know it'd be THIS good. I'm currently training this guy right now, and he's really good, seeing as how easily he runs stuff over with Earthquake and Rock Slide.

Scraggy (Democracy) | Lv. 37 ♂ - Jolly Nature
Moves: Work Up / Hi Jump Kick / Faint Attack / Brick Break
Impressions: I SWEAR TO GOD HJK has 40% accuracy. It always misses. -.- Despite that, pre-release, I hated this guy. I think he's ugly, even now. But I saw him on Route 4, thought, "why not, I'm catching everything else in this area," and I caught him. He's actually really good, especially with Moxie. At level 20 he already has Faint Attack and Brick Break, which hit everything in the storyline for at least neutral damage if I remember correctly, and at level 30, he gets Hi Jump Miss- uh, I mean Kick - and he with Moxie... oh boy. With +2 attack, you'll probably end up OHKOing stuff that resists your attacks. I'd definitely recommend him.

Serperior (Communism) | Lv. 38 ♂ - Adamant Nature
Moves: Coil / Leaf Blade / Cut / Leech Seed
Impressions: he sucks don't use him
... Nah, but seriously. I use him when I need a resistance or something to soak up hits. That's it. Oh, and to tack on passive damage via Leech Seed. He's very good at that.

Musharna (Pot) | Lv. 38 ♀ - Lonely Nature
Moves: Charge Beam / Psybeam / Moonlight / Hypnosis
Impressions: I'd be using Reuniclus's pre-evolution here, but I'm playing Black and I really don't want to use Gothitelle. ._.

In Mistralton City at the moment leveling up my mons.

Last edited:

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Beat Elesa, gathered up a bunch of Wings on Driftveil Bridge for quasi-EV training, and I've been trying my hand at the random match-up most of tonight with Scraggy/Boldore/Yamask, and that's actually been going really well.

Bloush

lost to Bianca...
alright now training in Pinwheel.
Dewott- 17
Pansear- 15 (fainting alot lol)
pidove- 15
patrat- 14
Herdier- 16

trying to catch a Timburr before i take on the normal gym leader

Roll

Too busy to be busy
I defeated Clay without much difficulty. It was only Excadrill that gave me trouble but even then I managed to beat it pretty easily with Deerling's Jump Kick.

I got through Chargestone Cave after going back and forth healing what was probably twenty times before I finally cleared it, and made my way into Mistralton City. Now I'm off to the Celestial Tower where I'll hopefully snag the fifth member of my team : Litwick!

Servine - Lv. 33 (♂) - Overgrow
Lonely Nature. Strong willed.
-Leaf Blade
-Leaf Tornado
-Leech Seed
-Growth

Lilligant - Lv. 34 (♀) - Own Tempo
Mild Nature. Likes to thrash about.
-Giga Drain
-Quiver Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Magical Leaf

Swoobat - Lv. 33 (♀) - Klutz
Bold Nature. A little quick tempered.
-Confusion
-Calm Mind
-Fly
-Air Slash

Deerling - Lv. 33 (♂) - Sap Sipper
Brave Nature. Likes to run.
-Jump Kick
-Energy Ball
-Faint Attack
-Take Down

...Although I think I'm going to train for a little bit, seeing how I'm underleveled.

Ringolevio

I didn't get much done today. I explored Route 3, battled the pre-schoolers, and completed the Team Plasma side-quest. In Wellspring Cave, I ran around a bit, hoping to spot a Drilbur mound, and I did! A female appeared, which is a shame, because the name I was reserving for a Excadrill is specifically male, but she's a Brave Nature, and I'm not about to argue with that! So I named her Moshe (see a pattern here?) and added her to the team. Jonah evolved (they grow up so fast . . .)! Next, I traveled south and made use of the dark grass there. I'm on a Pokemon-catching spree---everytime I see an unobtained Pokemon, I MUST catch it. I healed up at the Nacrene City PokeCenter. Tomorrow, I will explore the city and the forests around it!

Team:
Moshe/Drilbur/lv. 16
Jonah/Dewott/lv. 17

Last edited:

jwla

Did some leveling in Icirrus Moor. Tried to leave Icirrus City but had to battle Bianca. I beat her easily, plus Tik-Tok evolved into Golurk! I immediately taught it to use Fly so I could get around easier. I beat the trainers on Route 9, then went on a Pokemon capturing spree. I went to Opelucid City, and beat Iris and the trainers in her gym pretty easily. That was all last night. Today I went on another catching spree, and battled the trainers on Route 10. I had to rebattle Cheren like three times before I could win. I caught some Pokemon in Victory Road, as well. I'm heading in to clear up the trainers soon.

Pokemon:
Usogawa (Samurott), Lv. 45
Dylan (Simisear), Lv. 45
Herman (Crustle), Lv. 45
Ceasar (Sawsbuck), Lv. 45
Roswell (Beheeyem), Lv. 45
Tik-Tok (Golurk), Lv. 45

Guinno

I'm in Pinwheel forest battling Plasmas. Is it normal for me to be this underleveled?

Petilil- Level 17
Drillbur- Level 18
Dewott- Level 22

I'm annoyed by Drillbur. Dig and metal claws are coasting him through right now, and man that's annoying. Despite his monstrous attack he still sucks. He better get that steel resistance soon.

Petilil is more my style, I love the heal/passive damage/occasional attack style more than the kill till you die style.

Dewott is a solid powerhouse. Poor coverage though, it's a shame. Come on revenge.

Dragonairlover

Just beat the 5th gym, went back and caught Victini in a Quick Ball without even damaging it, now I'm back in Nacrene, soft resetting for a shiny Tirtouga.

Status
Not open for further replies.