• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Team Rocket Discussion

What should the Anime do with The Trio?

• Bring back the funny version and feature them often.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the current serious version.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Write them out after the conclusion of Best Wishes.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the funny version but feature them less often. (every third episode or less on average)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
For me personally i think the writers should mix team rockets old funny personality wwith the more serious personality.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Have TR learn the errors of there ways t the end of BW and have them travel with Ash in the filler saga.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
This thread is getting so stupid that it makes the rest of PAD look smart in comparison. You guys can either stop whining about the show's changes over time/bringing up thinly veiled character bashing character comparisons now, or I can close the thread. Take your pick.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
This thread is getting so stupid that it makes the rest of PAD look smart in comparison. You guys can either stop whining about the show's changes over time/bringing up thinly veiled character bashing character comparisons now, or I can close the thread. Take your pick.

1) Whats a PAD
2) I think the haters (playerking, Tesh, TheNewGuy) just killed this thread. you can lock it if ya want
3) Now, every1 is *****ing that Unova-TR are too serious and they ARE THE SAME PPL WHO SAID THAT SINNOH-TR ARE BLAND AS FUX. SO WHAT DO YOU WANT GUYS!!!

Trainer White

I hope TR stays the way they are and never goes back to "were blasting! off again!!!" god I hated them when they were a bunch of Idiots.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
To the person who says we are haters just because we like some of Team Rockets comedic aspects (Yankees4life) shut up, I don't hate the new Team Rocket they are Epic i just want to know if they will stay this way forever. I hope they don't. If they were going to do the blasting off i don't want it every episode, i want them serious and funny.

Last edited:

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
To the person who says we are haters just because we like some of Team Rockets comedic aspects (Yankees4life) shut up, I don't hate the new Team Rocket they are Epic i just want to know if they will stay this way forever. I hope they don't. If they were going to do the blasting off i don't want it every episode, i want them serious and funny.

TR will likely be written out after this as you hear it from the majority of the fanbase as well as here in this forum

As I don't see serious TR for the rest of the series

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
TR will likely be written out after this as you hear it from the majority of the fanbase as well as here in this forum

As I don't see serious TR for the rest of the series
That doesn't mean they'd get kicked out of the series. As I said the reason they are serious now is because of the equipment, take that away and they can be comical again.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
That doesn't mean they'd get kicked out of the series. As I said the reason they are serious now is because of the equipment, take that away and they can be comical again.

WRONG

they're serious because they got promoted and was sent to Unova for a "serious" mission by Giovanni. Once, the saga is over, the mission is over and the real question is will they stay that way next gen or they're gone after this one

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
They're serious simply because they aren't dealing with Ash and Pikachu anymore. Don't forget that Team rocket showed that they could be quite successful in past sagas when they weren't wasting time trying to steal Pikachu. They always been able to be competent, They just never had a chance to be so for so long in the other sagas because they were always running into Ash and gang. But now that's no longer the case, Thus they're able to actually be a threat.

Professor-Layton

I don’t care what anybody says, Team Rocket forever! I’m glad to see Giovanni tossing Jessie and James a bone for a change, even if it is just a rouse. I’d actually like to see Ash and Co. give them a chance and convert them to the good side. If Ash can convince them that Giovanni treats them like special-needs children, maybe they might reevaluate their lives.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
I'd say it's pretty obvious at this point that Team Rocket's comedic aspects are gone.

Thank heaven.

I know that before BW I was complaining that TR was just getting ridiculous and bland, but this change is just too much. What happened to the goofy dunderheads I used to know and love:(? It's like they don't even have souls any more on the show; at least they used to have compassion that showed itself and caused them to make selfless decisions before:
*In the Electrike episode of DP, James and Meowth felt sorry for the Electrike and agreed to help it train
*When Pikachu lost to Raichu (the second time) TR felt sorry for him and was kind enough to cheer him on and not even try to interfere in his training for the rematch
*When Dustox fell in love with the shiny one, Jessie insisted that it go to be with its true love, even bringing up sad memories from her childhood
*When Gardenia asked James to let her train Cacnea, James agreed because he loved Cacnea and wanted what was best for it, to give it a chance at a better life
*TR repeatedly cheered on Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape in battle and felt sorry for it after its mistreatment by Paul

See, they've been evil all along, but at least the old TR had some sense of humanity and comic relief.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
You make it sound like those kind of episodes were happening every week. They were the exception, not the norm for TR. Usually in the episode right after those "heartfelt" moments they were back to being their old bumbling selves.

RickHoenn

Banned
Thank God the mighty writers changed Team Rocket :D I was sick of them during DP they were so ****ing bland. zzzZZZ

Teshub

Banned
I would have never expected people to say that the best thing about the series is Team Rocket....strange times.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
I would have never expected people to say that the best thing about the series is Team Rocket....strange times.

Ya shouldn't be. It was a change for da best, m8 :D

Grei

not the color
I know that before BW I was complaining that TR was just getting ridiculous and bland, but this change is just too much. What happened to the goofy dunderheads I used to know and love:(? It's like they don't even have souls any more on the show; at least they used to have compassion that showed itself and caused them to make selfless decisions before:
*In the Electrike episode of DP, James and Meowth felt sorry for the Electrike and agreed to help it train
*When Pikachu lost to Raichu (the second time) TR felt sorry for him and was kind enough to cheer him on and not even try to interfere in his training for the rematch
*When Dustox fell in love with the shiny one, Jessie insisted that it go to be with its true love, even bringing up sad memories from her childhood
*When Gardenia asked James to let her train Cacnea, James agreed because he loved Cacnea and wanted what was best for it, to give it a chance at a better life
*TR repeatedly cheered on Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape in battle and felt sorry for it after its mistreatment by Paul

See, they've been evil all along, but at least the old TR had some sense of humanity and comic relief.

We've only been seeing them evil so far, but really... we haven't seen them do too much anyway. They've had short, short appearances so far that likely won't make sense until the distant future. It's hard to give soul and development to characters that appear for five seconds per episode.

I wouldn't count them out for a future "let's help Ash" episode. Most likely, when Team Plasma starts becoming threatening is when that'll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.