• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Team Rocket Discussion

What should the Anime do with The Trio?

• Bring back the funny version and feature them often.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the current serious version.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Write them out after the conclusion of Best Wishes.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the funny version but feature them less often. (every third episode or less on average)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm hoping they show up in Nimbasa City preparing for a new evil plan, namely one that involves Team Plasma coming back.

Looking at the preview for the upcoming eps, I imagine we shouldn't see them again till the legendary ep.

We don't need to see TR in the ep about the Musical, the Iris/Deino ep, the wacky superhero episode, etc.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Looking at the preview for the upcoming eps, I imagine we shouldn't see them again till the legendary ep.

We don't need to see TR in the ep about the Musical, the Iris/Deino ep, the wacky superhero episode, etc.

With the Team Rocket 2.0, less is more, especially since the less equals more quality.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!

For one, a trailer wouldn't spoil everything. And also, those episodes aren't going to air one after the other. We know the Nimbasa Gym episodes are airing next, the Subway Masters tag battle episode and the Alder episode are airing in October, but the Kami Trio episode is confirmed to air in December, so we have a two whole month gap before that.

I could see TR appearing in the Iris/Deino episode and we know they'll show up for the Kami Trio.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
For all we know, they may have appearances in the background in all of these episodes. That's one thing that's been truly unpredictable.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'd prefer if TR takes a break for a while. Since the plots of the next batch of episodes don't need any villains, I'd rather they not appear at all until possibly the legendary genie trio eps.

I'd prefer if TR takes a break for a while. Since the plots of the next batch of episodes don't need any villains, I'd rather they not appear at all until possibly the legendary genie trio eps.

But I like when their plots have small build up. So I hope for the Kami trio plot to have small scenes scattered through episodes showing their plan at its work. I mean I probably would not appreciate the subway plot as much if it didn't show their planning throughout the previous 10 episodes

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
But I like when their plots have small build up. So I hope for the Kami trio plot to have small scenes scattered through episodes showing their plan at its work. I mean I probably would not appreciate the subway plot as much if it didn't show their planning throughout the previous 10 episodes

I agree completely with that. A problem I had with the previous villains like Team Galactic is that they had no bulid-up and preperations for their schemes, so I didn't have as much reason to care about the evil stuff they were doing. I like it when we get to see villains really be villains, and Team Rocket has been doing it great so far.

But there were only six episodes of TR's planning before the Subway ones.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I agree completely with that. A problem I had with the previous villains like Team Galactic is that they had no bulid-up and preperations for their schemes, so I didn't have as much reason to care about the evil stuff they were doing. I like it when we get to see villains really be villains, and Team Rocket has been doing it great so far.

Team Galactic weren't main characters like J/J/M were, we didn't need to see bits and pieces of them.

I assume the ONLY reason we are getting those 1 minute TR scenes is just so their voice actors get a salary. Let's face it, TR's Japanese VA are not paid when they don't appear...unless they do some pokemon voices.

This is the first saga where not only does TR not appear in every episode, but they're only getting a handful of lines per episode. I wonder if the voice actors got a reduce in pay this saga...

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Team Galactic weren't main characters like J/J/M were, we didn't need to see bits and pieces of them.

Seeing as Team Galactic is supposed to be the main villains of the Generation IV games, not Team Rocket, we should have been seeing bits and pieces of them. It would have made them stand out more instead of just being a reccuring threat that shows up, then you forget about them for a long time until they suddenly resurface, rinse and repeat.

Seriously, 10 apperances out of a 191 episode saga is just criminal underuse (pun intended.)

I meant we waited 9 episodes to see what their plan WAS.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Seriously, 10 apperances out of a 191 episode saga is just criminal underuse (pun intended.)

At this point we'll be lucky if Team Plasma even gets 10 episodes out of BW, so its the same case here.

We're 4 Gyms in now, and the villain team plot is usually always resolved before the league.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
At this point we'll be lucky if Team Plasma even gets 10 episodes out of BW, so its the same case here.

We're 4 Gyms in now, and the villain team plot is usually always resolved before the league.

True, doesn't look like Plasma's going to get any poignant screen time.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!

Well yeah, considering how many episodes Teams Aqua/Magma and Team Galactic got...

Let's not forget that Team Plasma was the only villain team plot resolved AT the league in the games. Who's to say the anime won't follow suit?

Last edited:

Fairplay

Well. I hope for Team Rocket's appearence in the next Episodes too. Like again planning on something, but i hope it will be something unexpected. The Pokemon stealing thing was pretty lame to me. Sure, they are an organization, who steals Pokemon. But i hope again for the same plot, like the Meteonite thing.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Now that the Battle Subway plan is over, I wonder what Team Rocket's next big plan will be. Maybe it'll be to capture the Kami Trio, though I hope that that's a small plan and their next big one involves ones of the caves, Celestial Tower or The Dragonspiral Tower. Though, I wouldn't mind the Team Plasma plot being their next mission, par the Kami Trio.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I'd like to think that they're gonna try and sniff out Plasma with a possible return to the Rocket vs. Plasma episodes, but at this rate all that should be expected is the twerps finding out about Plasma by themselves or through N. It's just becoming too far out at this point, yanno?

Haunter ゴースト

I highly doubt we'll see TP in Nimbasa, the next best place would be corrosponding to the games at the Cold Storage, which I still don't see happening until the TR vs TP eps air.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
Well. I hope for Team Rocket's appearence in the next Episodes too. Like again planning on something, but i hope it will be something unexpected. The Pokemon stealing thing was pretty lame to me. Sure, they are an organization, who steals Pokemon. But i hope again for the same plot, like the Meteonite thing.

how was it lame they tricked ash and co stole all of their pokemon and other and then almost got away in a helicoptor driven by a mad scientist

on another note does anybody else hate the way ash, iris and cilan describe Team Rocket (their just a bunch of bad people who take other people's pokemon)

Status
Not open for further replies.