• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Team Rocket Discussion

What should the Anime do with The Trio?

• Bring back the funny version and feature them often.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the current serious version.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Write them out after the conclusion of Best Wishes.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the funny version but feature them less often. (every third episode or less on average)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

randomspot555

on another note does anybody else hate the way ash, iris and cilan describe Team Rocket (their just a bunch of bad people who take other people's pokemon)

That's how Ash and friends in past generations have described the,. And as far as Ash's relationship to them, it's 100% true.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
They've also got better reasons to take someone's Pokemon, in previous regions it's either them appearing for 10 minutes to take one of Ash and pals' Pokemon, or Meowth having an overtly-sexualized fantasy about Giovanni which apparently provides a FABULOUS reason for them to take the PoTD.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I highly doubt we'll see TP in Nimbasa, the next best place would be corrosponding to the games at the Cold Storage, which I still don't see happening until the TR vs TP eps air.

We still don't have confirmation on the two recently announced episodes' airdates, so there may still be time....maybe.

on another note does anybody else hate the way ash, iris and cilan describe Team Rocket (their just a bunch of bad people who take other people's pokemon)

I only really hate it when Ash says it, because his english VA delivers "Pokaemawn!" horribly.

yeah but TR are more than just bad guys now

Uh, they're nothing BUT bad guys now. In previous seasons, they barely were bad guys at all, which made it annoying that they were always foisted into that role. In this season, they ARE really bad guys who try to steal other peoples' pokemon, and they're doing a decent job at it too. And as Elice_Carol said, they've got more motive now. No more boss fantasies, thank goodness.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!

As far as Ash and Co. are concerned, that's what they are. They are bad guys of the show and the twerps never have seen the TRio do something villianous besides stealing Pokemon.

Uh, they're nothing BUT bad guys now. In previous seasons, they barely were bad guys at all, which made it annoying that they were always foisted into that role. In this season, they ARE really bad guys who try to steal other peoples' pokemon, and they're doing a decent job at it too. And as Elice_Carol said, they've got more motive now. No more boss fantasies, thank goodness.

In past seasons they were comedic antaginist (we can argue whether or not they're funny, but I'll let the readers decide) and did try to do illegal things to the shows protaginous and the CotD. They may not be the best at it, but you shouldn't deny that were villians. Boss fantasies were all the motivation they needed. (FYI, I enjoy boss fantasies, just not the sexual ones. Makes one question Meowth's sexuality at times.) BW just puts the TRio into a different catagory of villians, a catagory meant to be taken seriously.

Decent job? Just because a failure isn't comical doesn't make it any less of a failure. TR can't win if they go up against the twerps: this has been a fact for years. They are better at stealing nonliving things, but they still can't steal Pokemon (besides Jessie's Yanma/Yanmega which was technically wild).

Arceusgamer14

Does anyone get a feeling that JJ&M are maybe being used? Giovonni might be using them ether has lure for Team Plasma or when they succeeded of doing their ultimate mission, Giovonni will fire Jessie and James and Meowth and tells them the REAL Reason why he sent them. He Probably will reject Pikachu too when JJ&M finally succeed in stealing Pikachu.

I've noticed TR has been getting buildup for different missions, and then two parter. Judging from how BW023/24 went, perhaps they will be different now again. Maybe now TR will be back in black (I doubt it) and it will have less Zager, and more Giovanni.

Or they'll go back to how they were from BW029-BW040...

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Is this the way things are gonna be from now until.......whenever? Team Rocket disappears for a few episodes and when they do appear, it's just a minute or two to set up their next plot?
Speaking of their next plot, it better have something to do with Team Plasma.

Haunter ゴースト

Is this the way things are gonna be from now until.......whenever? Team Rocket disappears for a few episodes and when they do appear, it's just a minute or two to set up their next plot?

I kind of wondered this.

If TR don't have any conflict with TP anymore and their role simply consists of returning with a scheme every few episodes, I could see them leaving very shortly unfortunately...

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
If TR don't have any conflict with TP anymore and their role simply consists of returning with a scheme every few episodes, I could see them leaving very shortly unfortunately...

It's kind've even worse than them being there every episode.....or maybe not. I mean, Cilan's a titan when it comes to bringing the laughs out, and when they do come up with a scheme it leaves us hanging at the edge of our seats in speculation, and that was only the second scheme we got yet in the series, with the first one being about Plasma themselves.
The next one is most likely about the Kami trio (an ad for the genies also showed the TRio with them), but I think we can safely speculate about them doing something more in regards to the Kamis besides taking them for the sake of having some more brute force in the organization.

MissBluRose

Rookie Trainer
Does anyone get a feeling that JJ&M are maybe being used? Giovonni might be using them ether has lure for Team Plasma or when they succeeded of doing their ultimate mission, Giovonni will fire Jessie and James and Meowth and tells them the REAL Reason why he sent them. He Probably will reject Pikachu too when JJ&M finally succeed in stealing Pikachu.

I'm pretty sure he said that in the episode where they were officially promoted and sent off to Unova. He just wants to use them to help flush out Team Plasma since they (lied and) told him they were responsible for flushing out Teams Magma, Aqua and Galactic. He'll probably demote them if they screw up badly enough.

MissBluRose

Rookie Trainer

Someone said the writers might be doing that on purpose. Have TR show up at the end of an episode that really doesn't have anything important going on in it and reveal a part of their next major evil scheme bit by bit so anxious people HAVE to watch.

As for Team Plasma, I'm also hoping they show up. Team Rocket's pretty much been stealing their spotlight for 50 or less episodes and taking heists in places that TP's done in the games (Dreamyard, Nacrene Museum, Nimbasa City, and if we can count it, the Relic Castle in the unaired eps). If they don't show up before Icirrus City with the Dragon Spiral Tower plot, it would look like Plasma's taking a backseat to Rocket.

SuperiorMX13

OC of Mime Jr!
Someone said the writers might be doing that on purpose. Have TR show up at the end of an episode that really doesn't have anything important going on in it and reveal a part of their next major evil scheme bit by bit so anxious people HAVE to watch.

As for Team Plasma, I'm also hoping they show up. Team Rocket's pretty much been stealing their spotlight for 50 or less episodes and taking heists in places that TP's done in the games (Dreamyard, Nacrene Museum, Nimbasa City, and if we can count it, the Relic Castle in the unaired eps). If they don't show up before Icirrus City with the Dragon Spiral Tower plot, it would look like Plasma's taking a backseat to Rocket.

Yet i can see your point but i dont know if that is exactly true Plasma could be working the backgrounds for all we know TRio original goal was to bring them out and that they did but they could have gone back in to secretly and more precisely carry out there plots i can see the story line starting to develop as mysterious disappearances of pokemon people and items in the story not done by team rocket and this info can be given in any way

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
So, what you're saying is that TR are doing all this to draw out Plasma again, and that you could call the Ghost Train plot and Nimbasa's hysteria a success in their own way?

I call the Ghost Train plot Zager being in control of the TRio because Giovanni doesn't need them anymore. I doubt he had anything to do with the mission

MissBluRose

Rookie Trainer
Yet i can see your point but i dont know if that is exactly true Plasma could be working the backgrounds for all we know TRio original goal was to bring them out and that they did but they could have gone back in to secretly and more precisely carry out there plots i can see the story line starting to develop as mysterious disappearances of pokemon people and items in the story not done by team rocket and this info can be given in any way

That could actually happening (and Team Rocket possibly being framed for it since they're the only evil team in Unova so far that's made their actions known). If the unaired eps had...aired, we'd probably see a little more of Team Plasma keeping tabs on Team Rocket's actions onscreen, but they'll probably just say it in a TR vs TP special (either new or the one that wasn't aired) that they were. But I get a bad feeling that something like this won't appear in an episode for a long time.

So, what you're saying is that TR are doing all this to draw out Plasma again, and that you could call the Ghost Train plot and Nimbasa's hysteria a success in their own way?

Probably was. The next time TR has a major plot in store, TP might pop up and put a stop to it or maybe they'll just coincidentally be at the same place at the same time. Or they may not, depending on what the writers will want to happen in Driftveil City. In the games, the only thing that happens in Driftveil with Plasma is Clay trying to catch and arrest them... Not sure what they did or what the writers will do with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haunter ゴースト

I call the Ghost Train plot Zager being in control of the TRio because Giovanni doesn't need them anymore. I doubt he had anything to do with the mission

Yeah I agree, Giovanni at the moment is done with until we hear news of the TR vs TP eps.

Makes you wonder how big of a role Zager is going to have in this saga now.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Probably was. The next time TR has a major plot in store, TP might pop up and put a stop to it or maybe they'll just coincidentally be at the same place at the same time. Or they may not, depending on what the writers will want to happen in Driftveil City. In the games, the only thing that happens in Driftveil with Plasma is Clay trying to catch and arrest them... Not sure what they did or what the writers will do with that.

I really like that idea, actually. From the fifth gym onwards the focus can shift from Rocket to Plasma, with Ghetsis busting the grunts and one of the Seven Sages out of Clay's confinement and Satoshi and co. later finding N himself admiring the scenery of the Chargestone Cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.