• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Team Rocket Discussion

What should the Anime do with The Trio?

• Bring back the funny version and feature them often.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the current serious version.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Write them out after the conclusion of Best Wishes.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the funny version but feature them less often. (every third episode or less on average)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree, Giovanni at the moment is done with until we hear news of the TR vs TP eps.

Makes you wonder how big of a role Zager is going to have in this saga now.

Hopefully we'll go back to Giovanni now that the big operation with Zager is done now. I have a feeling that with each mission, TR's way of working changes. The meteonite plot was that they were black and they followed Giovanni, with the train one being white with Zager. Now that that's over, the next two parted operation will be black with Giovanni again. I doubt it though

Infernape55

Some Sketchy Guy
I do this every so often, mainly just to think out loud, but also to take stock of what we can prbly guess about this whole TR vs. TP ordeal, and what it means for the overall plotline.

Alright, so here's a revised version of what probably happened in these episodes based off of little snippets we've gotten.

- Juniper, Ash, Iris, and Cilan arrive in the Desert Resort in that helicopter.

*I'm gonna rightfully assume that the Desert Resort is MASSIVE in anime scale, so Ash and co. don't exactly land in the right place.*

- Juniper looks around, while Ash and co. have a comedic encounter with the Sunglasses Krokorok.

- All the Team Rocket characters arrive at the Relic Castle. As they go about their business, Team Plasma Smirking Cape Dude is watching them.

- Inside the castle, they set up a perimeter, do a few scans (The James and Zager hologram pics) and set things in motion. Jessie blasts the floor with the Meteonite Gun, energizing everything and revealing the huge Meteonite piece (or as I'll call it the Big Badass Rock). Success for Team Rocket, Giovanni triumphantly stands in its light.

-Unleashing the Big Badass Rock's power was a no-no, so we have the earthquake with the energy fissures (i have this gut feeling that Sunglasses Krokorok gets blasted-off because of one of these.) Anyway, Ash and co. obviously notice this, as does Looker, who meets up with them and reveals that he's here to deal with Team Rocket. They head to the Relic Castle, but get there just as Team Rocket is heading back to the city.

- I think Ash prbly stows away on the TR ship in one of his idiot hero moments. He gets captured, and Pikachu starts getting sick from the Big Badass Rock. (This is COMPLETELY a guess based off a little scene we got of him looking all concerned with Pikachu)

Maybe this is where Episode 2 begins?

- Team Rocket throws a not-so-subtle party. Giovanni gives his speech. Juniper and the other heroes are here in disguise.

Here everything gets fuzzy, but I'll try...I like writing :)

- All this time, the Big Badass Rock itself is stored in the chopper/airship where Ash is still stuck.

-Team Plasma party crashes, leaves TR in shambles, and steals the second chopper containing the Big Badass Rock. Team Plasma take Ash as thier own prisoner (in thier chopper) and escape. (maybe Ash yells at them and we get some Team Plasma ideals through thier exhange).

-Jessie and James give chase with the jetpacks.

- Ok, here's my biggest guess. Looker stays behind at the Team Rocket party and arrests the incapacitated Giovanni, maybe Pierce, and many other background grunts.

- The chase moves to the city outskirts. James shoots the stolen chopper down the Meteonite Gun. The Big Badass Rock's energy (no longer being underground) goes crazy again and that huge explosion does damage to the city.

- Jessie and James vs. Team Plasma grunts. Liepard and Woobat battle. Pikachu, supercharged by the Big Badass Rock, enters the fray and uses a an Ultra Electro Ball to destroy it (it was prbly extremely unstable to begin with). Jessie and James get away, so do Team Plasma, but Team Rocket is all but in ruins at this point.

-Giovanni is in jail.

Then, Zager takes over and we get all these missions that involve stealing Pokemon. Clearly, Zager wants to strengthen Team Rocket's ranks in order to rebuild and maybe take on Team Plasma in the future. Giovanni is most likely in prison still, with Looker being tied to that aspect of the plot. These episodes get skipped, Giovanni is just "at meetings".....The Team Rocket trio are essentially all that's left, and hence they can do whatever they want....white uniforms.....

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
If Giovanni was in prison, Jessie and James would have known about it. Even failing that, if something that major occurred, Matori couldn't have lied to them.

Flippd

I really hate it. Ash and Co. are in Nimbasa City, still no signs of Team Plasma?!

Haunter ゴースト

I really hate it. Ash and Co. are in Nimbasa City, still no signs of Team Plasma?!

Im pretty sure you know they were suppose to appear earlier in the saga, but that doesn't mean they won't air them as episode 23/24 like they were suppose to yet, the writers must have agreed on something by now.

Gee, and there isn't even an N cameo at the Ferris Wheel, which is arguably his most iconic scene due to how many times it gets redone in fanart.

Yeah, the fact he hasn't appeared in Nimbasa is starting to give me the vibe he won't appear at all.

BW has kept relatively close to the games up to this point, so for people who want 'N' to appear (you inparticular lmao), I woulnd't get your hopes up :/ :p.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Yeah, the fact he hasn't appeared in Nimbasa is starting to give me the vibe he won't appear at all.

BW has kept relatively close to the games up to this point, so for people who want 'N' to appear (you inparticular lmao), I woulnd't get your hopes up :/ :p.

I mentioned something that could hint to N appearing in the Plasma topic. How come Bianca's gone training in the Desert Resort, of all places? Is the city's Battle Club or Subway not good enough for her? Maybe there's something or someone better out there.

Flippd

I mentioned something that could hint to N appearing in the Plasma topic. How come Bianca's gone training in the Desert Resort, of all places? Is the city's Battle Club or Subway not good enough for her? Maybe there's something or someone better out there.
I hope Bianca gets a little bit stronger, cus seen of their strength, she cant be really called up as a rival. And i hope, too, that Mincinno and/or Shelmet will evolve. I think she claims a Accelgor after passing Route 6, where Karrablast are common. Hopefully she will catch a Pokemon from the Desert Resort, like Sandile, Maractus, or maybe Zen Mode Darmanitan. Her dad also has one, tough its unknown if it has Zen Mode. And while they got toghether for the Don Tourney, she extremely liked Zorua, so she will hunt for that one too. So her team will be maybe like this::500::573::617::571:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I'm thinking more along the lines of Bianca finding N and forcefully making him join her on her journey due to his ability to talk to Pokemon being wildly beneficial in battle. As we all know, Bianca's a bit of a blunderous trainer, so having a guy like that by her side might be helpful for her.

What's the shipping name for Bianca and N? They've both got issues (N moreso) with their fathers and they're both portrayed by fanon as unfailingly kind and innocent, it's more endearing to see those two together now than N x Hilda. Plus, N's got a Zoroark in his final team and Bianca loves Zorua to bits, it all just sounds as if it was meant to be!

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I'm thinking more along the lines of Bianca finding N and forcefully making him join her on her journey due to his ability to talk to Pokemon being wildly beneficial in battle. As we all know, Bianca's a bit of a blunderous trainer, so having a guy like that by her side might be helpful for her.

What's the shipping name for Bianca and N? They've both got issues (N moreso) with their fathers and they're both portrayed by fanon as unfailingly kind and innocent, it's more endearing to see those two together now than N x Hilda. Plus, N's got a Zoroark in his final team and Bianca loves Zorua to bits, it all just sounds as if it was meant to be!

That... that is a beautiful idea right there. Of course if they actually did it a good deal of the fandom would be mad that they aren't treating N's story seriously...

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Gee, and there isn't even an N cameo at the Ferris Wheel, which is arguably his most iconic scene due to how many times it gets redone in fanart.

It's been estimated that the first episodes fully made after the earthquake were the two parts of the Battle Subway special. The Ferris Wheel wasn't visited until about three episodes later, so I am beginning to believe that N was planned to appear there but his appearance was removed (due to the banishment of the two skipped episodes) and Elina and her Axew were inserted so the scene could still be used.

It's been estimated that the first episodes fully made after the earthquake were the two parts of the Battle Subway special. The Ferris Wheel wasn't visited until about three episodes later, so I am beginning to believe that N was planned to appear there but his appearance was removed (due to the banishment of the two skipped episodes) and Elina and her Axew were inserted so the scene could still be used.

Aww that's depressing.

By the time they ever decide to air the Team Plasma episodes, they'll be in like Iccirus city!

Maybe if they have a filler arc they'll have TP go on to then

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Perhaps to salvage this, Team Plasma would continue after the league, then?

Every villain team plot was resolved before the 8th Gym, but if they need some time due to rescheduling the story they can keep them around until after the league.

Since Ash will probably be in Eastern Unova for a while, maybe we can see the Team Plasma arc extended to fit in over there.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Perhaps to salvage this, Team Plasma would continue after the league, then?

Every villain team plot was resolved before the 8th Gym, but if they need some time due to rescheduling the story they can keep them around until after the league.

Since Ash will probably be in Eastern Unova for a while, maybe we can see the Team Plasma arc extended to fit in over there.

This could work, but the plunge would have to be taken - Ash would have to win the League. The most likely possibility of an arc for East Unova would be the Champion League, if N were to come in and interrupt him at Alder like in the games. Problem is, then Ash would have to beat Shauntal, Grimsley, Caitlin and Marshal too, and with the kind of team he has right now, he's not going to do it. We're going to need to be dipping into the reserves even further than in Sinnoh if he's going to get that far. I'm talking about bringing the likes of Charizard, Snorlax, Muk and Kingler instead of just Sceptile, Swellow and Heracross along with ones like Torkoal that just don't cut it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Its possible since Cynthia is in the BW games as well, and I think we'll see her in the anime again since we know Looker was in those Team Plasma eps.

We're already 4 Gyms done at 52 episodes, its very likely we're going to get a second arc after the league is done.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
This could work, but the plunge would have to be taken - Ash would have to win the League. The most likely possibility of an arc for East Unova would be the Champion League, if N were to come in and interrupt him at Alder like in the games. Problem is, then Ash would have to beat Shauntal, Grimsley, Caitlin and Marshal too, and with the kind of team he has right now, he's not going to do it. We're going to need to be dipping into the reserves even further than in Sinnoh if he's going to get that far. I'm talking about bringing the likes of Charizard, Snorlax, Muk and Kingler instead of just Sceptile, Swellow and Heracross along with ones like Torkoal that just don't cut it.

I think I prefer my idea of N and Ash getting all best buddies, and after N wins the League Ash decides to join him on his journey to the Champion's League, where N's own role in Team Plasma's goals is finally revealed.....Seriously, if there's gonna be an after league I think this is the best way to tie N and Team Plasma in, especially considering that N had to go through the E4 in the games too. Just going in there and interrupting Ash's battle with Alder seems as if it doesn't show the manchild's actual strength in his beliefs.

starshapes

Rising Star
The Fall of Team Rocket

I’ve been lurking these forums for a while now but I decided to make an account to talk about the new Team Rocket. I apologize in advance if I make any faux pas in regards to forum etiquette but be easy on me as this is my first post.

Anyway, I’ve been a fan of the show since the very beginning. I’ve seen every episode of Pokémon and I’ve concluded that the new The TRio is vastly inferior to the old model.

It is widely known amongst fans of the Anime that in the Sinnoh arc many fans started to complain about the “uselessness” of Team Rocket. Some fans were tired of the incessant rhyming, some were tired of the repeated failed attempts to steal Pikachu (or the Pokémon of the day), and some were just tired of the TRio in general. A clamor rose in some sects of the community to bring back the old, menacing The TRio that these fans loved as kids.

The only problem is that the aforementioned version of the TRio doesn’t exist. The TRio has always been comic relief and I would argue entertaining comic relief at that. Some people will say that this new The TRio just reflects a shift back to the competence, seriousness, and mystique that the TRio had in the first season. Anyone who believes the TRio ever possessed the first two qualities and the third one in more than just passing is suffering from amnesia or never watched the first season. James buying magikarp, Jessie calling the boss collect at the break of dawn, or meowth blasting off to staryu’s water gun at Mt. Moon was anything but serious and all these events took place within the first 20 episodes!

The TRio has never been serious and this lobotomy to their personalities is depriving us fans of entertainment. To those who want a serious and competent TRio, I would like to hear your thoughts. Is the new version competent? What have they done besides steal some data? The old TRio helped Ash in the fight in the Power of One and in the battle against Team Magma/Aqua. Individually, Jessie managed to earn 5 ribbons (although the 5th was questionable) and make it to the Sinnoh Grand Festival. Furthermore, the TRio as a whole managed to run copious amounts of successful and profitable small business which is arguably just as challenging as being a hacker.

The appearance of competence doesn’t exactly make you competent. The old TRio could have easily stolen data, or do whatever it is the new team rocket does, and kept their entertaining quirks. If anything the new TRio is less capable then the old ones because they are simply glorified hackers (and failed Pokémon thieves just like the originals) instead of versatile Jacks of all trades like the old JJM were. I don’t mind the TRio not being in every episode but they should have remained blithe and funny. That is what they have been for all these years and that is who they are.

epic man

STOP ACTA EVERYWHERE
team rocket i though was a joke in sinnoh they didn't do any thing besides be comdey fauder. in best wishes i can take them like a real gang, they steal they don't get robots do random crap and they do work not try and steal a pikachu that lost to a eleckid. thedy need to leave because there not needed anymore after the first season of best wishes. they have lost all respect. they had many part of sinnoh they had a job but they gave it up for no reason. this new B&W trio is cool and is respect-able but they lost all respect in sinnoh. the orginal trio was awsome not a joke. they have fallen but have regained some glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.