• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Team Rocket Discussion

What should the Anime do with The Trio?

• Bring back the funny version and feature them often.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the current serious version.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Write them out after the conclusion of Best Wishes.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the funny version but feature them less often. (every third episode or less on average)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drohn

Are Team Rocket's comedic aspects dead?
So many people going off topic..

I think they are dead, and I think it's a good change. I like the new characters, and I felt kinda sorry for them in the previous sagas because Giovanni never cared much about them.
I do hope they will be back after the Unova Saga, but stop appearing in every episode. They should have smaller roles in my opinion.
Maybe them being completely evil will have them think of what they became near the end of this saga and they will decide to be the good guys they always were deep inside.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
WRONG

they're serious because they got promoted and was sent to Unova for a "serious" mission by Giovanni. Once, the saga is over, the mission is over and the real question is will they stay that way next gen or they're gone after this one
You do realise that's the same thing right? They were promoted and sent on a serious mission, because of this they were given superior equipment that lets them pull of this mission. Before their promotion they had to pay for their own equipment which often would backfire and didn't include any way for them to escape if they fail.

As characters they're still the same but the reason they act more serious is because they are focusing on their work. Not to mention they've a lot more confident thanks to their promotion and the support that comes with it.

So it's not "they got promoted so they're serious" but rather their promotion has provided them with the right equipment and support to be serious.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
You do realise that's the same thing right? They were promoted and sent on a serious mission, because of this they were given superior equipment that lets them pull of this mission. Before their promotion they had to pay for their own equipment which often would backfire and didn't include any way for them to escape if they fail.

As characters they're still the same but the reason they act more serious is because they are focusing on their work. Not to mention they've a lot more confident thanks to their promotion and the support that comes with it.

So it's not "they got promoted so they're serious" but rather their promotion has provided them with the right equipment and support to be serious.

So you're sayin they have all this equipment making them serious, BUT i'm SAYING THAT THEY'RE SERIOUS BECAUSE THEY'RE ON A SERIOUS MISSION. THATS NOT THE SAME THING, BRO

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
So you're sayin they have all this equipment making them serious, BUT i'm SAYING THAT THEY'RE SERIOUS BECAUSE THEY'RE ON A SERIOUS MISSION. THATS NOT THE SAME THING, BRO
When I say serious I mean they're not a complete joke when doing their mission or battling Ash and co. The fact they're acting serious is nothing new, they've acted serious when they were still being played for laughs, it's just that it didn't make any difference.

Teshub

Banned

Arceusgamer14

I have a mixed feelings on the new Team Rocket
I like how they're pretty badass and not having to bother Ash & Co as much as they use to.
But I am worried that they will stay pure evil forever.
Hopefully not, they might screw up badly in a funny way again in the future like either late-BW saga or later or earlier than that.

Remember Zant? From The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess? How he was serious from the beginning to the part you enter his thrown room in the Twilight realm and learned that he had a comedic relief?
Well Team Rocket has probably be like him for now until they snap into being funny.
and don't forget, Bowser acted serious in some Mario games like Super Mario Galaxy and Eggman acted serious in Sonic 06.

BuizelPidgeot

I loved the old team rocket, the original stupidity and brigth look on even the darkest situation.

kickachu

Momentai!
Even though TR is more serious they might have a soft spot and still have their comedic aspects and might show it in a future episode

kickachu

Momentai!
Even though TR is more serious they might have a soft spot and still have their comedic aspects and might show it in a future episode

BuizelPidgeot

I hope soo

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This Team Rocket is abit like Kanto's. But there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it's good to have changes especially if you've seen the same characters for years at a time.

Kirby2000

I know that before BW I was complaining that TR was just getting ridiculous and bland, but this change is just too much. What happened to the goofy dunderheads I used to know and love:(? It's like they don't even have souls any more on the show; at least they used to have compassion that showed itself and caused them to make selfless decisions before:
*In the Electrike episode of DP, James and Meowth felt sorry for the Electrike and agreed to help it train
*When Pikachu lost to Raichu (the second time) TR felt sorry for him and was kind enough to cheer him on and not even try to interfere in his training for the rematch
*When Dustox fell in love with the shiny one, Jessie insisted that it go to be with its true love, even bringing up sad memories from her childhood
*When Gardenia asked James to let her train Cacnea, James agreed because he loved Cacnea and wanted what was best for it, to give it a chance at a better life
*TR repeatedly cheered on Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape in battle and felt sorry for it after its mistreatment by Paul

See, they've been evil all along, but at least the old TR had some sense of humanity and comic relief.

Well you are kindof worng as in episode 4 of BW the reason Meowth reveled to the people that he wasn't a Blacky (don't fell like trying to spell english name) was because he felt bad for lying to them after they started crying.

OluapPlayer

Giant Enemy Krabby
99% of the show's lulz are dead.

I just hope this whole TR subplot turns into something interesting.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
How about we leave the argument about "whether Team Rocket is getting a sendoff or no" till the end of the saga =/

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
How about we leave the argument about "whether Team Rocket is getting a sendoff or no" till the end of the saga =/

Back when DP first started, a lot of people pegged it as Brock's last saga, and they turned out to be right.

There's nothing wrong with wondering if it'll be the last arc for them. I mean we know Iris/Dento are just going to leave, but if Team Rocket gets proper closure this could be their finale.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
Back when DP first started, a lot of people pegged it as Brock's last saga, and they turned out to be right.

There's nothing wrong with wondering if it'll be the last arc for them. I mean we know Iris/Dento are just going to leave, but if Team Rocket gets proper closure this could be their finale.
This.

I'll just say it now:

TR to leave after BW

Ya heard it here folks

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
All of you are ridiculous. First you all complained that Team Rocket have been the comic relief for far too long and they should just get rid of them. Next they make them serious characters, and you all complain that there is no comic relief.

^This.

Make up your minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.