• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Team Rocket Discussion

What should the Anime do with The Trio?

• Bring back the funny version and feature them often.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the current serious version.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Write them out after the conclusion of Best Wishes.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the funny version but feature them less often. (every third episode or less on average)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

might

Banned
The BW series Team rocket is going to remain that way for the series and they are not going back to their annoying bland self.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
The BW series Team rocket is going to remain that way for the series and they are not going back to their annoying bland self.

And robotic minions who cannot think for themselves and have no motivation aren't bland?

might

Banned
I was talking about Team Rocket when they use to do all of their comedic stuff, which was old getting old when Sinnoh ended.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
And robotic minions who cannot think for themselves and have no motivation aren't bland?
For me, robotic minions (even though I don't see them that way) getting their s*** done and having a point > comedic annoyances who exist to pad out the episodes and got old after somewhere around episode 250.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
"he BW series Team rocket is going to remain that way for the series and they are not going back to their annoying bland self." Apparently you know everything. We don't have any evidence that says they will stay this way all throughout best wishes, but they might.

joep05

master of disaster
i for one am ecstatic that TR's old persona has finally been scrapped, very very old (like 15 years old and predictable episode after episode and BLOODY ANNOYING!, how on earth has it stretched to about 650 episodes?!) as i havent seen BW yet, i cant really say if they're better or not because i havent seen them, but they were so predictable and annoying before, it is just good to know that these habits are scrapped at last.

personally i dont think i will buy into this new TR but i think they will be a lot better because they wont be seen in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE being their usual dumb, predictable, unfunny selves, and they wont waste so much pointless time on these utterly ridiculous plots that we just know was always gonna fail. although i think we all suspect that TR will continue to fail at catching pikachu.

i cant possibly see how they can be as bad as the old TR but the writers seem gifted at annoying and insulting the viewers, but if this new TR doesnt work out, there is always the axe. i have wanted this to be their fate ever since season 2 (that being extremely generous). the show would be much better without them. and it gives the show more time to focus on things like the sinnoh league where they spend so much time and so many episodes on crap, only to rush the highly awaited sinnoh league and make it an insult by having pauls final team a crap one, and having some douche with a freakin darkrai destroying all the competition. and the gym badges where in sinnoh badge 7 and badge 8 were 52 episodes apart!!!! the sinnoh league had the potential to be sooooo awesome, the build up was outstanding (despite episode after episode of crap), and it was such a let down i cant even begin to explain the disappointment i felt in it.

i hope they actually start to properly think about the show now, especially the gym battles and league battles. but i doubt that very much. ash will probably get destroyed by some trainer with a mewtwo or an arceus, zekrom/reshiram maybe?

Seiryu

Resident dragon
For me, robotic minions (even though I don't see them that way) getting their s*** done and having a point > comedic annoyances who exist to pad out the episodes and got old after somewhere around episode 250.

Indeed. For me, outside of the odd episode where one of them got a chance to shine, they've pretty much always been the epitome of the Boring Failure Villain. As they are now, the writers have at least made an effort to get rid of two of the things that contributed to them being boring failures: one, they no longer are made to pad out A-plots of episodes that shouldn't even involve them; and two, even if one might think they're (still?) boring now, at least we can safely say thanks to their B-plot that they're no longer complete and utter failures.

And it's not like their motivation is so different from before. Since AG, what's been their primary motivation? From what I saw, it was to please Da Boss; things like shadowing the twerps and trying to capture Pikachu were, at least later on, pretty incidental (and, in their minds, would have contributed to the aforementioned pleasing). This hasn't changed; the difference is that now they're taking frequent orders from Giovanni himself, and are actually doing something to contribute to the organization--which is to say, not chasing after some random ten-year-old kid and his occasionally-above-average unevolved rat.

Also, we need to remember that what we've seen from them so far has been quite literally all business. The little that hasn't been completely all business (BW004, for instance) has seem them acting...somewhat comedic, just not painfully exaggerated the way they were before.

Personally, I don't think their personalities (or comedic tendencies, for that matter) are completely gone anyways. It's just that we only see them, on average, for a couple minutes each episode, and like I said, it's pretty much been all business.
Basically, it's not that they're gone, it that they're more subdued and we haven't gotten many chances to see them.

Either way, I think we should wait 'til they've had roles in more than a measly three episodes' A-plots before we attempt to pass judgment. I think that sounds fair. Don't you?

...bah, who'm I kidding? Of course you don't. Otherwise you ingrates might've stopped trying to judge everything else about the new series.

joep05

master of disaster
they may as well have introduced new characters.

wouldve been somewhat cool if cassidy and butch were their replacements, they have already failed quite a few times but their appearances are quite rare and they have already been established as two high ranking members of team rocket, much higher than jessie, james and meowth at least.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Their personalities are the same. This should been made clear in the fourth episode when Meowth dressed as Umbreon. What has changed is their promotion has given them superiour equipment and a lot more confidence. The reason you don't notive their personalities as much is that they've been all buisness lately.
In addition to this, We only see them for a few minutes. Just because they act that way during those few minutes doesn't mean they are always acting that way. If we only saw the way Ash acted during a gym battle, That would give us the false idea that Ash never acted silly and childish outside of battle. Until we get an expanded view of their personalities beyond doing their mission, We can't say that they're completely different then before.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Actually ever since BW012 they are doing great at being serious, but please show some emotion soon.

Teshub

Banned
They have paid their dues, now Team Rocket can coast (don't have to worry about being entertaining) until their contract expires. Either that, or they make a huge bungle and return back to their usual selves.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I think the reason we've been seeing less of their personality lately is because they've not crossed paths with Ash and co since Dento joined the party.

Arceusgamer14

I'm more worried they all three of them might be killed off the series. I mean, J was killed off the show and so was Cyrus (We think). I just don't want them to die in the show. I don't know why I'm worried about that, maybe because their are some serious villains who died in other shows/movies/games/books. if it's one character that might be killed off, it would be Giovonni (I think).

silly topic, yes....

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
I like the idea the Jessie and James are being used by the higher ups but I see "The boss" using the two to somehow get his hands on one of the legends and then laughing at them before tossing them off a cliff, (into a hyperbeam, cave in ect) the two survive and join the twerps to stop the war between rocket and plasma. At the end I see jessie and james try to steal pikachu for old time sakes.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I think the reason we've been seeing less of their personality lately is because they've not crossed paths with Ash and co since Dento joined the party.
That and we're only seen them for a few minutes. That's really not enough time to see them act funny or anything judging by past sagas.

Hmm, I think someone said at Bulbagarden that the TRio might be used by Giovanni (instead of being actual important Rockets) and if they're thrown under the bus during the possible climactic baddie event that goes down, maybe we'll see their comedic side again?

Who knows? I think their serious side is pretty awesome and interesting and the only hope I have right now for them is to use their pokemon more often. Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing this side for awhile but at the same time, I wouldn't call their comedic side dead. Not yet. Only time will tell since it is pretty early in BW.

zeno48

Zaker!
More and more i'm thinking that this might be there sendoff. I don't know but maybe they are just experimenting with how their viewers like this new change but i don't know. Maybe they are trying a new plot with Giovanni added or they will in fact have it all end here. Who knows.

thunderblade12

I don't see how they're not going to be written off. Giovanni's actually getting his feet wet in the action. Seems pretty climactic. They couldn't just decide to go back to their comedic selves either; how many complete 360s are their characters gonna take?

I don't really care. Their comedic crap was old by like Ep030 (and not just beginning to get old in the middle of AG/DP like some nostalgia fanboys will tell you).

zeno48

Zaker!
^Agreed! I mean they could have choosen the easy route and have them do the same thing. I think at that point i would have stopped watching completely. I'm glad they have a new mission and they are taking it seriously as opposed to hoenn and sinnoh where they just blasted off a billion times.

Status
Not open for further replies.