• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Team Rocket Discussion

What should the Anime do with The Trio?

• Bring back the funny version and feature them often.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the current serious version.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Write them out after the conclusion of Best Wishes.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the funny version but feature them less often. (every third episode or less on average)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Aww who doesn't like James's Giant AIDS filled needle?

That is horrible yet hilairious at the same time.

Profesco

gone gently
Hm. Funny Team Rocket didn't satisfy us; they had to be more competent and serious. Now serious Team Rocket doesn't satisfy us; they're on death row if they're not funny and amusing.

>_>

<_<

Makes me glad I don't have a fandom.

Anywho, given newTR's totally different demeanor and success rate now, it's hard to see them going back to the sort of stuff oldTR was known for. I suppose it's possible they might. We don't have the dub yet, and it was the dub that made them rhyme and use puns in every sentence, so maybe there'll still be some oldTR language left over, or at least some of that vocabulary personality.

It's probably a long shot for some of the old mess-ups, though, like Jessie eating the Lum Berry she was supposed to feed Yanmega. :p

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Seeing how TR is no longer in every episode, that may be the same for the movies.
I doubt it. They've always just been there watching events unfold occationally doing something important to the plot. I can easily see them having a small role where their comedy would just be their dialogue between each other.

Anyways, I don't mind the new TR, but I wouldn't mind them at least doing something similar to their old selves every once in a while. I thought Meowth had some funny moments in BW04, I hope to see more like that every once in a while.
As others have pointed out they are still very much themselves but things are just going well for them. They've got a promotion, better equipment, allies and a mission. It's without those things that we get to see their comedy. My theory is that once the mission is over they'll use what they have left from their promotion to go back to catching Pikachu as a way of making up for the mission failing which will allow their comedy to return but only when they're alone rather than when they face Ash and co.

Anywho, given newTR's totally different demeanor and success rate now, it's hard to see them going back to the sort of stuff oldTR was known for. I suppose it's possible they might. We don't have the dub yet, and it was the dub that made them rhyme and use puns in every sentence, so maybe there'll still be some oldTR language left over, or at least some of that vocabulary personality.
I think their comedy will return, just not to DP level. I think it'll be more tame like in BW004.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
TR will never go back to what they were. This is most likely their final arc, with TR being disbanded like in the games.

Maybe in their final ep we'll see them as their old selves.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
No more "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off AGAIN!!"

I laughed when I heard ^(this) in the Mismagius epsiode (the one where they were blasted off from a milotic, rayquaza, and something else I forgot xD

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
May I just say, how TRrios current sporadic appearances just show how unfunny they were and how pointless it was to have them as the mandatory antagonists for every episode.

They've barely appeared so and it hasn't had a negative effect on the story, and when they do appear, it's interesting and exciting.

Long live cool Team Rocket.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
TR will never go back to what they were. This is most likely their final arc, with TR being disbanded like in the games.

Maybe in their final ep we'll see them as their old selves.

Team Rocket is like apart of Ash to me. If they leave then I don't know who they would replace to do them anymore. Or will they be replaced? Is Ash's days coming to an end too?

croagunk22

team rockets comedic days are over for now but to be honest they have been for a while they had funny moments a lot before dp but they had moments in dp but there still the same people i think this saga will be the disbandment of team rocket but ash will stay he seems to be getting on just fine without them

BM14murph

Master Collector
I fear we shall never see their comedic aspect again :(

Ironic how we all wanted to make them cooler and now they are but we miss their goofyness......well we can't have our cake and eat it too

gpt11

I hope it is over! I prefer the new Team Rocket as a Pokemon fan who watched since it first aired in the UK seeing Team Rocket do the same thing every episode - blasting off, stealing Pikachu and failing, Boss Fantasys..... it got a little old, predictable and boring!

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I fear we shall never see their comedic aspect again :(

Ironic how we all wanted to make them cooler and now they are but we miss their goofyness......well we can't have our cake and eat it too

Well we're one of the worst fandoms in Video games, next to the NIghts and Sonic the Hedgehog fandoms.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I love old Team Rocket, they do make me laugh and I do enjoy the episodes where they take up the whole plot. Not watched anything past BW004, so I can't really judge the 'new' TR but I'm just not sure :/

Kdude146

I wish that they could have made TR 50% funny and 50% serious thats what i was exspecting when they where shown back in the summer but boy I was wrong :(

I think the 3 of them have been brainwashed and someday soon (I hope) Ash will make them blast off again the land on thire heads and they are back to normal

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Story Plot: Maybe they'll finally reveal that Ash's dad died while taking down Team Rocket and then Ash goes after them but finds out they have been destroyed by Team Plasma.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Story Plot: Maybe they'll finally reveal that Ash's dad died while taking down Team Rocket and then Ash goes after them but finds out they have been destroyed by Team Plasma.

That would be awesome.

Down with Team Rocket!!

Status
Not open for further replies.