• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Team Rocket Discussion

What should the Anime do with The Trio?

• Bring back the funny version and feature them often.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the current serious version.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Write them out after the conclusion of Best Wishes.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the funny version but feature them less often. (every third episode or less on average)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
So, do you think we will see the serious Team Rocket from now on or will they return in a future series. Because this Flint explained that they were closer to the reason why they are in the isshu region, i think because of the meteorite and since the dream site gives off the same sort of energy that the dream site was just a test for the real mission. So will they stay this way for a while? Until the end of best wishes or until after the Meteorite thing in the desert?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well I hope they stay I can't go back to were blasting off again every two seconds.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
They'll likely stay like this until whenever they're written out, which could be at the climax of BW.

I don't see TR ever reverting back to the way they were in DP or before.

If the writers are going to wrap up the TR plot for good, I guess it doesn't matter since we won't be seeing them after Isshu.

sunyshore.com

Electric Obsession
get rid of them. waste of time in movies and episodes. thank god their completely new personalities (why not just bring in new characters? this is really freaking me out) only take up about 1-2 minutes of time in the episodes now, not half the entire plot like all throughout DP, with the completely boring and tiresome stealing of pikachu and being blasted off for 400+ whatever episodes.

i don't know how they managed to go from repetitively boring right back into repetitively boring in just 12 short episodes. really? and they are completely new characters suddenly super high ranked after years of failure, if this was a real mafia they'd have been executed so long ago.

tr baffles me. and i was one of their biggest, biggest fans ten years ago. really sad what's become of them.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
TR had some nice moments in DP, particularly Jessie being successful at Contests, but they have been in so many eps.

It is odd they're no longer comic relief anymore, it really feels as if their BW role is minimal at best. If that subplot doesn't go anywhere, what are they still around?

They don't even interact with Ash's group anymore.

I don't know, I can definitely see this being their last saga if this keeps up.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Team Rocket used to be one of the only reasons I watched this anime... that and seeing Brock make a fool of himself with women. :V

Sadly, they've been stripped of their quirky personalities and have become generic bad guys with virtually no humor to them. The writer's ability to take the quirky lovable villains and make them as bland as the heroes is commendable I suppose ... in a stupid kind of way.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I can see this saga being their last only if Giovanni comes to Unova as well. Maybe he just sent them out to check this region before he acts. James Jessie and Meowth aren't his most reliable people on the whole team. I feel here something.

As for the comedic scenes, not sure about it. Don't forget that if they're staying, they still have old pokemon like Seviper and Wobbuffet, they can easily return to what they were before Unova.

sunyshore.com

Electric Obsession
the only thing that would truly make this interesting, and i've begun to suspect, is they are being used as expendables by the REAL higher-up rockets....tricked into thinking they are an important part of this plot, but only being made to think so so they can be used as a diversionary tactic when the real **** goes down.

i began to suspect this when flint took some of their spoils back to the boss for them and said he'd put in a good word. yeah right. for yourself, more like it!

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I actually prefer never to seeing another blasting off again than to go back to the old TR.

Squaaah

Tbh, this is the way TR should have been from the start. Part of a bigger plot which only interacts with Ash and Co every 10 or 20 or so episodes, instead of shoehorning then as the villians in every ep. This way they're not getting defeated in every ep so they don't look as pathetic. Hopefully this is all building to some dramatic episode where Ash and TR battle and its actually a close exciting battle because until now TR have just been cannon fodder.

As far as their role in DP goes, they had some nice eps, Jessies contest arc WAS nice but ultimately as villains they sucked, and as comic relief they were just annoying.

So yeah, good riddance to old TR. Hopefully this IS their last saga because I can't see this serious persona not getting old, but it should be enough to make this saga dramatic, and hopefully give TR a chance to go out on a high.

Jorah

What do I put here?
I hope they aren't. I'm not in love with the new Team Rocket as of yet and I do miss their comedic aspects very much. I don't expect those things to come back anytime soon so at this point they might as well be dead.

Legendary Dreams

Oh, and Team Rocket's and Team Plasma's goal seem to be pretty much the opposite of each other (ala Magma/Aqua).

Maybe, for once, we're see Giovanni fight full-scale with powerhouses. (Of course, he won't come over to Isshu until we hit somewhere at the back)

After over 600 episodes of "We're blasting off again", I'd say this is a refreshing change.

I for one, hope that TR actually loses to TP (I want them to lose epicly of course, so that it didn't seem like they wasted their plans), then ash steps in and fights N.

Zekrom (Ash) vs Reshiram (N). Now that would be a fight.

And then we can proceed with post Zekrom/Reshiram.... (Dreams of Mewtwo vs Genesect Arc)

poizonsting

Pokemon master
We can't conclude that just yet. Maybe the writers are building the climax for their potential conflict with Team Plasma. When they will wrap up Team Plasma's story, maybe Team Rocket will revert back to their old goofy self.

Teshub

Banned
I'll laugh when the writers use TR for all the Plasma plotlines because they deem TP too mature for the anime.

Are you serious? Their serious personalities are still going on?
Man that sucks. Like what's the point of the show anymore? They are supposed to be stupid. How do they automatically become smart and bad just like that?

...this show.. I don't know guys ..

Krizor

Evil Genius
As much as I would like to see them revert back to their old comedic selves, I don't see it happening. Even after they've completed their mission I still think they'll remain serious.

I really wish the writers would change them back, but if not, then I hope they get written out of the show just so I don't have to see some of my favorite characters continue on as emotionless and character devoid drones.

Waterpokes

Is it just me, or does people want Team Rocket back? When DP aired, I've always saw it as people wanted Team Rocket out of the show for being comedic villains. Now people want them back to their former self?

I like the new Team Rocket, and I couldn't really give a damn about Team Rocket in DP. I mean, Jessie was interesting enough, but honestly, Team Rocket wasn't funny. I might laugh or chuckle a little when they do something, but that's maybe in 1 episode out of 50 episodes. And I don't really mind having Team Rocket take over Team Plastic. Team Galactic had some ugly outfits, but Team Plasma took it up a notch.

And can somebody explain why Team Rocket Kanto/Johto/AG/DP is better then Team Rocket Unova? I can't really understand why people like the former Team Rocket more then the new Team Rocket.

Unova Team Rocket > Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Team Rocket

Teshub

Banned
And can somebody explain why Team Rocket Kanto/Johto/AG/DP is better then Team Rocket Unova? I can't really understand why people like the former Team Rocket more then the new Team Rocket.

Unova Team Rocket > Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Team Rocket

What entertainment value has the neo TR brought? After the novelty wore off they don't do anything of interest. They are so mysterious....big deal. Just looks like something the writers put in there to fill the obligatory villain spot, with the Ash being himself moments taking up most of the time. At least I found some of Meowths dialogue funny in the previous series.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I can see this saga being their last only if Giovanni comes to Unova as well. Maybe he just sent them out to check this region before he acts. James Jessie and Meowth aren't his most reliable people on the whole team. I feel here something.

Well, they seem reliable enough now. They haven't messed up too much. They were stopped at the Site of Lost Dreams in BW006, but they sort of accomplished their mission there in the end. They've been doing everything by the book in Best Wishes and it looks like Giovanni can finally rest easy.

I'm 100% sure that Team Rocket will be serious throughout Best Wishes. I wasn't sure of it at first but I decided to give them 10 episodes, and from what I've seen, this change of personality in all three of them is permanent. That sort of makes me wonder why they weren't just written out of the anime. They no longer provide comedic relief, so why keep them around?

Waterpokes

What entertainment value has the neo TR brought? After the novelty wore off they don't do anything of interest. They are so mysterious....big deal. Just looks like something the writers put in there to fill the obligatory villain spot, with the Ash being himself moments taking up most of the time. At least I found some of Meowths dialogue funny in the previous series.

Well, I don't know if blasting off every episode for about 600 episodes all the time is funny or even being considered funny. Funny moments doesn't automatically mean entertainment. If I was gonna watch something funny, then I'm not gonna watch Pokemon. Pokemon is entertaining, but is Pokemon funny? If you find Team Rocket doing the same thing all over again for 600 episodes funny, then okey. As I said, they were never really funny, except for a rare moment in every 50 episode or so.

At least Team Rocket is now going somewhere, something old Team Rocket never did. Even if the new Team Rocket ends up failing at some point at the end, at least they did something else then following Ash & co, something old Team Rocket did. They have done more in the first eleven episodes then they did in any of the previous regions. And I'm talking together, as a group, and not as individuals.

Good riddance

Status
Not open for further replies.