• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Team Rocket Discussion

What should the Anime do with The Trio?

• Bring back the funny version and feature them often.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the current serious version.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Write them out after the conclusion of Best Wishes.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the funny version but feature them less often. (every third episode or less on average)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Personally I like the current TR. I see no real reason to return them back to their blasting off every episode selves when it didn't really add anything to the plot and just wasted time. If they do continue after this saga, The best bet would be the simply mix the two versions together and only show them every once in a while.

Are you serious? Their serious personalities are still going on?
Man that sucks. Like what's the point of the show anymore? They are supposed to be stupid. How do they automatically become smart and bad just like that?

...this show.. I don't know guys ..
In all fairness, They have shown in past sagas that they could be smart and successful when they focus on others things instead of Ash and Pikachu. They were a huge success selling things at the various leagues and when Jessie wasn't cheating at contests. So their current personality isn't really a huge change. They're simply not dealing with the two targets that always make them into pathetic jokes.

Last edited:

knux-the-killer

Team Rocket spent more than 600 episodes as the silly jerks of the show. Didn't you guys got sick of that? Of them blasting off is EVERY single episode, being humiliated in EVERY single episode and making sad scenes in EVERY single episode? That's funny in the beginning but it tired off.
Honestly I like their new personality now, being REAL villains and with some brains for a chance. Now they are totally unpredictable and stronger. Ash is the only one who needs to mature now, lol

Yes, Team Rocket's comedic aspects are dead now. About time.

alicetama

Pokabu <3
Are you serious? Their serious personalities are still going on?
Man that sucks. Like what's the point of the show anymore? They are supposed to be stupid. How do they automatically become smart and bad just like that?

...this show.. I don't know guys ..

I said this once, and I'll say it again: MIND CONTROL!!!(Or brainwashing, but that's basically the same thing.)

I mean, think about it:
Jessie isn't acting all angry and big-headed anymore like she used to be. That, and imho, Jesse (and especially) James wouldn't leave behind their pokemon, such as Mime Jr. and Wobuffet, unless it was for a really great reason like with dustox and cacnea.

Giovanni probably thought that they had some potential in them, and that the only thing that was stopping them was their goofyness/idiocy.

Throw in a Pokemon that can perform hypnosis, and it all wraps up together.

Now, as to the topic's question: are the funny aspects gone for good? No. Ep. 4 is a great example of that. Meowth may provide the humor from now on.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Not at all. It is simply being put to one side until the right moment. Meowth still had some comedy back when Ash caught Pokabu. I also think we might see some comedy in the next movie.

What I do think is dead if them only being comedy. I think when their comedy does become frequent again it'll be more like early Kanto with them being serious opponents but providing a lot of laughs.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
RIP old TR

LONG LIVE new TR :D

Now, back to the question. Is old TR dead and gone?? Possibly yes, and I hope yes because old TR (along with Brock) became bland as ****, so maybe if they write out brock after dp, TR follows after this gen, BUT on a high note

TheNewGuy

I'm sick to death of their appearances.

Don't get me wrong, I like Team Rocket generally. I just don't like what appears to be a contractual obligation that they have to appear in every episode. Some of the appearances they have been given so far have been so token, and could easily be pushed together. Why couldn't their BW012 scene happen in BW011 along with their other appearance (one near the start of the ep, and one near the beginning)? What was the point of their appearance in the episode where Ash captured Snivy?

Right now we're getting jarring, strange scenes and they're incredibly annoying.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
They're much better now... Don't see why people complain...

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
Oh, and Team Rocket's and Team Plasma's goal seem to be pretty much the opposite of each other (ala Magma/Aqua).

Maybe, for once, we're see Giovanni fight full-scale with powerhouses. (Of course, he won't come over to Isshu until we hit somewhere at the back)

After over 600 episodes of "We're blasting off again", I'd say this is a refreshing change.

I for one, hope that TR actually loses to TP (I want them to lose epicly of course, so that it didn't seem like they wasted their plans), then ash steps in and fights N.

Zekrom (Ash) vs Reshiram (N). Now that would be a fight.

And then we can proceed with post Zekrom/Reshiram.... (Dreams of Mewtwo vs Genesect Arc)

I really can't see Ash with a Zekrom/Reshram, or with any legendary for that matter. Most likely someone else captured them, and Ash will have to break up the fight. I also see Giovanni battle the True mastermind of Plasma backstage. Though I highly doubt it since he's still in hiding in some remote part of the world.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The funny thing is now there's heavy speculation of Team Rocket being written out, just like there was about Brock in DP, and that turned out right.

I can't see TR staying serious like this for generations to come, so it'll likely be for this arc only...possibly leading to the conclusion of Giovanni/TR in general.

This is the first time I ever thought TR had a serious possibility of being written out. But now that they're no longer comic relief and don't even interact with Ash and co. anymore in every ep, its a strong possibility.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
They're much better now... Don't see why people complain...

Mainly because they need something to complain about.

I would like to think that this whole TR arc is actually a huge meta-joke in and of itself, turning out to be a fruitless venture and a wild goose chase that TR was sent on to feel important when in reality they aren't actually doing anything of value. After finding that out they'll revert, and then we'll have the same antics, possibly only post-Unova though.

It's a possibility, but we'll see. Maybe they'll be serious from here on out. I would like to see more Ash/TR interaction though.

Yeti

Banned
The better question here is, why isn't the SHOW dead?
Best Wishes is a rehash of Kanto but it can never be done right again because they're just crap now.
Thus Team Rocket goes back to being more OMINOUS and THREATENING while some **** girl gym leader rocks along and some deucer who cooks and aspires to be more than a gym leader at the first gym with infinite numbers of family relations.

It's not just Team Rocket who have suffered personality rape, it's the whole show.

Yeti

Banned
don't lie to yourself man :(

R_N

I'm sure once the big plan fails they'll be back to chasing pikachu and being the quirky comic relief trio we all know and love

It's just a question of how long until plan meltdown

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
They didn't revamp TR for a new series just to change them back.

They'll stay like this for however long Best Wishes goes on for. And if this is their last saga, nobody has to wonder what will happen to them afterward.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
Best Wishes is a rehash of Kanto but it can never be done right again because they're just crap now.
Thus Team Rocket goes back to being more OMINOUS and THREATENING while some **** girl gym leader rocks along and some deucer who cooks and aspires to be more than a gym leader at the first gym with infinite numbers of family relations.
Oh you've got to be freaking kidding me.

Just because you don't like the show does not mean it's going to die for you when there is free game promotion involved.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
the better question here is, why isn't the show dead?
Best wishes is a rehash of kanto but it can never be done right again because they're just crap now.
Thus team rocket goes back to being more ominous and threatening while some **** girl gym leader rocks along and some deucer who cooks and aspires to be more than a gym leader at the first gym with infinite numbers of family relations.

It's not just team rocket who have suffered personality rape, it's the whole show.

nooob......

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

It's not just Team Rocket who have suffered personality rape, it's the whole show.

Another Anime hater.XD

....**** girl gym leader?o_0 Hey don't hate on Iris, stick to the topic, not insulting characters.

Iris and Dento will probably be better handled characters than Misty and Brock in long run.

Maybe.

When the hell did a non-Misty/Brock thread turn into a Misty & Brock thread? ~ This can only be accomplished by good ol' CyberCubed, go figure.-_-'

Yeti

Banned
Oh you've got to be freaking kidding me.

Just because you don't like the show does not mean it's going to die for you when there is free game promotion involved.
It should have died long ago, there hasn't been an ounce of decent or funny writing since Johto ended, sans Harley and the Cyrus on Mars on desk presented in DP.
Just because it promotes an overmilked video game doesn't justify its continued existence, or the terrible writing it now receives.

nooob......
The quality of this post is on-par with such genius episodes as the Team Magma/Aqua finale.

Another Anime hater.XD

....**** girl gym leader?o_0 Hey don't hate on Iris, stick to the topic, not insulting characters.

When the hell did a non-Misty/Brock thread turn into a Misty & Brock thread? ~ This can only be accomplished by good ol' CyberCubed, go figure.-_-'
I like the anime plenty well.
When it's not a rehash of what I was watching back in Kanto.
Even Hoenn was tolerable to an extent if only to see how long before May sleeps with Drew. Not because it had any redeeming story features or anything.

I am on topic, I'm stating Team Rocket is being returned to its original, more edgy and dangerous form. Which was present with the original Misty/Brock storylines. Which are now present again with Iris/Dento or whatever his name is.
See the connection???????

I brought them up to prove a point, thanks. A supported point to my claim the anime is a rehash and unoriginal, suffering from consistent bad writing.
Team Rocket is filling the less comedic, more threatening role they had when the anime began. Which also included the exact same roles it does now (Ash, Pikachu, female gym leader following him around, male gym leader of first gym who makes food and has family members at the gym but aspires to be greater than a gym leader).

boom.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Their personalities are the same. The reason they're a serious threat and confident now is because they have better equipment. Giovanni is supplying them with all the tools they need to successfully complete their mission. Previously they had to get their own tools and they would backfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.