• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Team Rocket Discussion

What should the Anime do with The Trio?

• Bring back the funny version and feature them often.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the current serious version.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Write them out after the conclusion of Best Wishes.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the funny version but feature them less often. (every third episode or less on average)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Oh Playerking, Team Rocket's comic aspects have gone down the drain waaayyyy before BW. Maybe an episode or two they might be funny but after a while, it gets annoying. The reason I think Team Rocket are being serious now is because I believe either Giovanni will die or Team Rocket will be over as a criminal organization.

Elxar

I just watched 'Training daze' and the rookie team rocket is somewhat similar to what we see in BW today except for Meowth (he was a joker from the start). So they are not out of character but just showing their other side. The thing is, after 6 or 7 episodes they just lost interaction with Ash and Co. and is hardly relevant to the show. Sure they've been pulling off secret missions so we should expect them to have they're own arc where their evil plot builds up or. They are the main villains after all with the absence of Team Plasma.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
No! Just because Team Plasma haven't been shown yet doesn't mean that the focus should be takened away by Team Rocket. An old evil criminal Team that we have know for years. The only reason they're not funny anymore or gone is because of Meowth. Other than that, they would have been just like Butch and Cassidy.

Trapman

Bazinga!!
For me, robotic minions (even though I don't see them that way) getting their s*** done and having a point > comedic annoyances who exist to pad out the episodes and got old after somewhere around episode 250.

For me they got old around episode 3-4 lol, and I was like seven years old. I mean how fun is it when someone does the exact same thing for 600 episodes?

yes team rocket did get "stale" a long time ago, but personally i prefer their old silly ways to their current situation.

I mean seriously, Ash hasn't had the displeasure of seing them for quite a few episodes, and even then they had no true effect to his plot (after all pokémon is a story told "about" Ash), and yes TR will eventually cross paths, but right now they are not that different than Butch and Cassidy (who i never really liked)

So are their comedic aspects dead...not yet but it's getting very close

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
What was the point of them making a new motto when they only used it 3 out of 15 episodes. They should of went back to there first motto lol

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
What was the point of them making a new motto when they only used it 3 out of 15 episodes. They should of went back to there first motto lol
Fun Fact: The original motto was a request from the voices of Musashi and Kojiro. With that in mind they probably requested new mottos for each arc too.

thunderblade12

Personally the only time I laughed (and I use that term graciously) at Team Rocket in DP was when their obnoxiousness almost got Looker found out by Team Galactic. And I don't recall anything throughout Johto or AG. Kanto kinda introduced their running jokes, I could sort of see why someone would chuckle at them (the first time they noticed the running joke at least) but, meh, running jokes just seem lazy as hell to me in the first place. Team Rocket's in particular. At least with running jokes like Croagunk-Brock and Piplup they changed things up now and then. Like with Gible's Draco Meteor being used to scout out Piplup or Croagunk giggling malicious as it dragged Brock off, or Bellosom taking up duty for Croagunk. But the running gags like Team Rocket blasting off, James' grass types attacking him, or their motto always played out the same way. Everytime Victrebell, Cacnea, or Carnivine attacked James it felt like a waste of 10 seconds that could have been spent on something else.

And dub Team Rocket was just unbearable. I could hardly understand a lot of what Jessie's high pitched voice actor was saying without paying UBER close attention and their dubbers Dr. Seuss fetish is more annoying than amusing. Makes me wonder how they're going to handle the new, serious Team Rocket. I just won't be able to take James serious as a villain with that voice, will anyone else?

Last edited:

kemal07

Howw cool would a Giovanni vs Geechisu and Silver vs N battle be in the anime :p. But I'm just wishing, I know it wouldn't happen.

I was thinking if Team Rocket were to keep their funny sides out was Koromori-eventually Kokoromori a suitable Pokemon for Jessie's new characteristic??

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
Well I hope they stay I can't go back to were blasting off again every two seconds.

i dont

im teribally missing thier humor, i always laugh at their jokes even if they were lame--team rocket are ones responsible for my humor i think

and im missing thier blast offs its thier trademark along with their motto

i cant believe they missed an episode
---and to think about it they missed them out of todays episode aswell!!!

thier humar will return--i know it.

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Howw cool would a Giovanni vs Geechisu and Silver vs N battle be in the anime :p. But I'm just wishing, I know it wouldn't happen.

I must admit, it might not exactly be likely but I would definatly watch if that happened :p

Gunner

Heh, TR always did what TR did. James and Jessie are grunts, but they are senior grunts like Butch and Cassidy.

And weren't they introduced as big shots when they first appeared all those years ago? IIRC, they had their own wanted bounty and everything. They were reduced to comic relief when they went off and did their own thing when not ordered to. Now they are taking orders from the big shot himself of course they are going to be serious.

I like the old/new look for TR, and at some point I hope the TR plot line reaches its climax. Its been way too long, both the magma/aqua and Plasma plot lines have already been resolved while TR's is still going.

Edit: Yes, they'll probably revert again once they go after Pikachu again.

What confuses me the most is how they reacted to having their Pokemon taken away. Even when being serious, TR love their Pokemon. Look at the episode where Arbok and Weezing leave at the start of AG.

I really find it hard to believe that Jessie and James hardly batted an eyelid when they were told they wouldn't be getting Wobbuffet, Mime Jr, Carnivine, Seviper and Yanmega back. The attitude shift I understand, but they didn't even protest this. It seemed REALLY out of character.

Besides, where are their Pokemon now? I realise the kids in the show won't care about this, but after having been around since JOHTO I at least expected Wobbuffett if none of the others to get a decent send-off.

cazatron

i'm not sure how i feel about new serious team rocket, first of all it feels incomplete and uncomfortable since james (my favourite) doesn't have any pokemon at all.
i really couldn't stand them throughout most of diamond and pearl series because they had absolutely no character development whatsoever (whenever jessie wasn't in a contest), and they seemed forced towards the end and the aweful rhyming and grating dub voices drove me crazy.
i really miss team rocket from kanto and johto and part of hoenn, they were genuinely funny and it wasn't ALWAYS the disguise, steal, blast off, lather, rinse, repeat formulae

silver wing 22

Storm king
since the start of the new season teamrocket sadly has stoped chasing ash and is now being more evil and mysterous than ever before

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I think the movie will show their comedic side again. They wouldn't do a movie without them but they can't effect the plot too much so they'll probably show a bit of comedy but now their goofy level.

Mukuhawku

I think the movie will show their comedic side again. They wouldn't do a movie without them but they can't effect the plot too much so they'll probably show a bit of comedy but now their goofy level.

Seeing how TR is no longer in every episode, that may be the same for the movies.

Anyways, I don't mind the new TR, but I wouldn't mind them at least doing something similar to their old selves every once in a while. I thought Meowth had some funny moments in BW04, I hope to see more like that every once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.