• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Team Rocket Discussion

What should the Anime do with The Trio?

• Bring back the funny version and feature them often.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the current serious version.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Write them out after the conclusion of Best Wishes.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the funny version but feature them less often. (every third episode or less on average)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I think I know they change Team Rocket back to theyre old selves. Most of their actions in BW included destructions of some sort. And people in Japan probably won't think about destuctions now. However I think they probably will do other things than trying to catch Ash's pikachu. Their missing boss will probably be of their tasks? And Rocket VS Plasma showdowns could find place without destructions of the terrains.
There is one huge problem with that theory. The Gym episode had already been written, recorded and animated before the Earthquake. They would have had no time to make a last minute change to that episode. This means that this was the plan in the first place Earthquake or not.

Anyway I'd like to remind everyone of the first four episodes of Best Wishes. Team Rocket hadn't been given their main assignments yet and were focusing attention on Pikachu. I believe that they will be like they were in those episodes.

Mukuhawku

I'd prefer them to be like they were in the first few BW episodes, just with a little more goof/emotion.

BW4 clearly showed TR still had their odd traits, such as painting Meowth as Umbreon (as well as Meowth's reaction to it). If they can be more like that, TR would be perfect.

You know, I'm wondering if TR's Meowth Balloon will come back. Seeing how Giovanni is still funding them, looking at the BW33 scans, I think not.

Lanturn88

Lanturn Master
With about 16 hours left until the newest episode where team rocket is back in white.. It really makes me wonder how this is going to play out. I agree with (mostly) everyone else, team rocket having a middle point so they don't get blasted off every single episode; I guess we'll just have to see.
Here's hoping!
What do you guys think?

Meron

With about 16 hours left until the newest episode where team rocket is back in white.. It really makes me wonder how this is going to play out. I agree with (mostly) everyone else, team rocket having a middle point so they don't get blasted off every single episode; I guess we'll just have to see.
Here's hoping!
What do you guys think?
The Rockets are not in BW27 or BW28.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Anyway I'd like to remind everyone of the first four episodes of Best Wishes. Team Rocket hadn't been given their main assignments yet and were focusing attention on Pikachu. I believe that they will be like they were in those episodes.

They were also in black uniforms.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
I think it'll end up being mixed up a bit; that is, not being comedic and blasting off every episode, but still doing it in some episodes.

Zormon

I really liked the black uniforms, mysterious sounding and looking Jessie, James, and Meowth. I don't know about all of you, but you can only watch those three do the same exact stunts to get Pikachu and other Pokémon and get blasted off so many times before it gets old. That was back near the start of the DP series imo.

I really wanted to see a real twist to the Team Rocket trio and maybe a big appearance by Giovanni like they did in Metwo Returns. Hey, maybe they will still, but I still don't want to see the Team Rocket trio to act stupid again after they showed they can be intelligent...

Shin'ou

Skyla lovers
For the mercy of God, please don't make the awesome Rocket back to the loser Rocket

Does anyone think that they might go back to their serious selves once they are assigned a mission again? I'm really hoping where their personalities shift, when they wear their white uniforms their silly, but black is serious. Please? Does anyone think this will happen?

TheNewGuy

Does anyone think that they might go back to their serious selves once they are assigned a mission again? I'm really hoping where their personalities shift, when they wear their white uniforms their silly, but black is serious. Please? Does anyone think this will happen?

I think doing that would be a little silly, personally.

I think doing that would be a little silly, personally.

Anything is better than there comedic selves.

It's not like I hated comedic TR that much, well I kind of did seeing as it was one of the reasons I initially stopped watching. But anyway, I really really really loved serious TR and I really do hope they make a return. If not, that would just be a disappointment

Lucky Applejack

hug a quagsire today
I don't really watch the anime any more because it's just not my thing. The first season was the greatest ever! I do really like the new black outfits though! They look soooo cool, I wish they had worn those sooner!

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Well if the preview of the next episode is any indication, it seems that Team Rocket at very least have gotten their personality back, not seeming completely made of stone and actually showing emotion in the situation like they always do. This is fine for me, as long as they're not blasting off or having every episode fueled by them stealing a pokemon, I'm fine with them as are.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Although Team Rocket isn't as funny as they used to (which they weren't in a while) doesn't mean it can never happen. It's just that maybe the other characters and the Pokemon should take it over for a while.

Blaziryu

No, Team Rocket's comedic aspects aren't dead. Their "cool & serious" phase is now over. They're reverting back to their old ways & will be blasting off in humiliating defeat once again.

Waterpokes

Although Team Rocket isn't as funny as they used to (which they weren't in a while) doesn't mean it can never happen. It's just that maybe the other characters and the Pokemon should take it over for a while.

A while? They have never been funny, but I guess some people find what they did funny, even though we have already watched it 2432445432 times.

And the episodes without Team Rocket, in BW, has been funny. The Ducklett episode was the funniest episode I've seen in Pokemon. LOL if they are bringing back Team Rocket, to create comedy.

No, Team Rocket's comedic aspects aren't dead. Their "cool & serious" phase is now over. They're reverting back to their old ways & will be blasting off in humiliating defeat once again.

Wish their comedic aspects were dead...

Blasting off again seething hatred! </333333

Kdude146

they are back and thank god they are at first I thought a bad *** JJM would be sick but they did even less then being funny so lets keep funny TR and I can't wate to see Unova pokemon in Boss fantasy cuz Meowth is my fav character on pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.