• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW Team Rocket Discussion

What should the Anime do with The Trio?

• Bring back the funny version and feature them often.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the current serious version.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Write them out after the conclusion of Best Wishes.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep the funny version but feature them less often. (every third episode or less on average)

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't get it, if you're complaining about the voices why are you watching the dub? Japanese TR is perfectly fine even when they returned to white.

All the PUSA voices are very good now, and Ash especially is good most of the time.

Its funny because after about 6 years of listening to the PUSA TR, it almost makes their old 4kids voices seem "strange." Its actually hard to believe how long its been since the dub switch now.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I don't get it, if you're complaining about the voices why are you watching the dub? Japanese TR is perfectly fine even when they returned to white.

Because I can tolerate every voice that isn't Team Rocket or Ash.

All the PUSA voices are very good now, and Ash especially is good most of the time.

Its funny because after about 6 years of listening to the PUSA TR, it almost makes their old 4kids voices seem "strange." Its actually hard to believe how long its been since the dub switch now.

It's especially funny because the cast only got good again when a lot of the original cast came back.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It's especially funny because the cast only got good again when a lot of the original cast came back.

Other than the narrator and Giovanni, nobody came back to reprise any of the other old characters at least. Likewise since Ash and TR are the only old characters in the show left, there's not much to reprise.

Michelle Knotz Jessie is very good when she's not overreacting her lines and has always been one of the best voices compared to the original. Meowth is fine for what he is, although Zoppi has always been miscast for James.

Although I am still really hoping this is TR's final saga, I guess it seems less certain now. Either way, back when DP first started there was zero indication Brock was actually being built up to leave, so it could go either way. People just figured Brock was finally going to go because the writers completely gave up on his character.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Other than the narrator and Giovanni, nobody came back to reprise any of the other old characters at least. Likewise since Ash and TR are the only old characters in the show left, there's not much to reprise.

Notice I never specified "in their original roles."

Look at the dub of Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea compared to the dub of Zoroark: Master of Illusions or even Giratina & the Sky Warrior. The quality of the dubs in general went up dramatically when actors who had already been on the series like Sean Schemmel, Parker Anderson and Marc Thompson started to return, and a majority of the new characters are filled by them now.

Michelle Knotz Jessie is very good when she's not overreacting her lines and has always been one of the best voices compared to the original. Meowth is fine for what he is, although Zoppi has always been miscast for James.

Bolded part is the problem I had with her today, and the problem she has in general.

I will admit though that Michele Knotz has always been one of the best of the "new generation" actors, not only with Jessie but pulling off Misty in Mastermind perfectly as well.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Look at the dub of Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea compared to the dub of Zoroark: Master of Illusions or even Giratina & the Sky Warrior. The quality of the dubs in general went up dramatically when actors who had already been on the series like Sean Schemmel, Parker Anderson and Marc Thompson started to return, and a majority of the new characters are filled by them now.

Yet the main cast has also improved tremendously. Likewise the voices for new characters, like every new major DP and BW character, has been mostly good. Iris and Cilan's voices are perfect, and Dawn, Paul, Barry, etc. all got good voices that fit their characters. Kenny's voice was the only one that was terrible, but nobody cared anyway.

I will admit though that Michele Knotz has always been one of the best of the "new generation" actors, not only with Jessie but pulling off Misty in Mastermind perfectly as well.

Which is kinda ironic, since said character never re-appeared ever again after the Mastermind special, making Knotz test out a new voice for the character ultimately being pointless. If that's the only time Knotz will ever voice the character (since, at this point, I doubt she'll ever get a speaking role in the show till possibly the series finale, whenever that is), it was pretty good.

Knotz did well in all her female roles and she pulls serious Jessie perfectly.

TR with these new voices are fine and they're not going back to full goofy mode.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Can we tone down the discussion about VAs, please? The delivery of lines and such might play an important role when trying to enjoy a character, but this thread is mainly about the contrast between past!TR and BW!TR in terms of behavior and their mission(s?). Please keep VA talk to a minimum. Thanks =)

Oh, and certain former main characters have no place in here either 8D

matt0044

When they were serious it was one thing, they were tolerable enough (except for Meowth). Hearing them with their giggling screaming again makes me want to claw my ears out.

When were they giggling?

TesalionLortus

Hey guys!!! I was watching the trailer last night and I saw a silhouette in the meteorite, I am still new to the forum and I have no idea how to post the link of the screen shoot, but I will take a shoot!!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18/yun137/CFGVH.png

Look like a dragon or huge bug!!! What did you guys think?
You have right! It's looks similary to reshiram and meteonite must be something like that stone in museum in the game! That explain why team plasma want meteonite and is reason of their attack in bw 23-24. They must have it to resurect or summon reshiram for N or something like that! Anime is still very close to game in that point and we must speculating in that way.

SolApollo

Honestly, I don't watch Pokemon for it's comedy. I watch it because it is somewhat entertaining. The main point of a comic relief character (for me, at least) is to lighten up the mood of a show.

Pokemon generally is not dark or serious as other cartoons such as TT and ATLA. The Status Quo (MAJOR) is restored at the end of each episode, or after a few.

Team Rocket was too predictable after 5 generations. You bet 100% that whatever they are planning at the start of a episode will not succeed at the end. There's a fine line between being kid friendly and being repetitive.

While it may be a bad idea to give them a personality makeover, it beats hearing them say "Team Rocket's blasting off again!"

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
With their latest plan that was shown in the first episode of the Don Battle, I'm happy to see they could have another important mission soon. I wonder if it has to do with the events of the Meowth episode coming soon.

The events from this could make up for the Plasma Episodes.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
With their latest plan that was shown in the first episode of the Don Battle, I'm happy to see they could have another important mission soon. I wonder if it has to do with the evens of the Meowth episode coming soon.

The events from this could make up for the Plasma Episodes.
I agree.

I also think the upcoming mission will have something to do with Plasma. Whether that has any connections to the two-parter is unknown to me, though.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I agree.

I also think the upcoming mission will have something to do with Plasma. Whether that has any connections to the two-parter is unknown to me, though.

I think soon after Meowth`s episode, Plasma will introduce themselves then Meowth runs back to warn Team Rocket

Janovy

Banned
I think soon after Meowth`s episode, Plasma will introduce themselves then Meowth runs back to warn Team Rocket
Hm, only if Meowth stays with Ash for a couple of episodes.

ijea4444

Honestly, I don't watch Pokemon for it's comedy. I watch it because it is somewhat entertaining. The main point of a comic relief character (for me, at least) is to lighten up the mood of a show.

Pokemon generally is not dark or serious as other cartoons such as TT and ATLA. The Status Quo (MAJOR) is restored at the end of each episode, or after a few.

Team Rocket was too predictable after 5 generations. You bet 100% that whatever they are planning at the start of a episode will not succeed at the end. There's a fine line between being kid friendly and being repetitive.

While it may be a bad idea to give them a personality makeover, it beats hearing them say "Team Rocket's blasting off again!"

I find the bolded part not a valid reason. At the beginning of a saga we all know ash make it to the league, he'll beat 8 gym leaders, etc. At the end of the day its a kids show, like yu-gi-oh, you know at the beginning of every duel the main character will always win.

Repititveness like using a net to capture a pokemon 1000 times, that's a valid reason to dislike the rockets. But this is a kids anime and 'the bad guy losing' is a given, not something being repeated.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hey guys!!! I was watching the trailer last night and I saw a silhouette in the meteorite, I am still new to the forum and I have no idea how to post the link of the screen shoot, but I will take a shoot!!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18/yun137/CFGVH.png

Look like a dragon or huge bug!!! What did you guys think?

It could be a new form of a pokemon, or it`s just a shape forming

What did Team Rocket want with the meteorite anyway? I thought it was a energy but now it looks different

TesalionLortus

It could be a new form of a pokemon, or it`s just a shape forming

What did Team Rocket want with the meteorite anyway? I thought it was a energy but now it looks different

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...n137/CFGVH.png

It's looks similary to reshiram (and can be his shape- look at the left side- reshiram's tail). That explain why team plasma want meteonite and is reason of their attack in bw 23-24. They must have it to resurect or summon reshiram for N or something like that- because if meteonite don't is something closely to reshiram or zekrom subject, Team Plasma will not attack TR to get it( and in trailer we see they attack and want this meteonite) I wrote about it in previous post :)
;024;
And why team rocket want meteonite? Hmm... Who knows what giovanni know about this? He may want this for energy but also he can want this for legendary pokemon- reshiram, because he know about meteonite connection with him :)
;024;
And I suspect in 23-24 TR loose meteonite, Team Plasma will take this and mysterious commander (I call him plasma Brock:)) gived meteonite to king N- because this commander looks to me as he will be important for plotline...
And team plasma with his king will begin operation two- summoning reshiram in some place with this meteonite
;024;
and maybe giovanni and segger will send trio for special mission:) and they finally with many grunts cough legendary pokemon for giovanni- maybe zekrom because he is on freedom( we saw him in first episode and he don't seem for me to be friendly for ash and pikachu)
;024;
And finally when segger do something (maybe with dreams energy and with data stolen from juniper and fennel computer in 39) giovanni will control zekrom and decide defeat Team Plasma to completly take over Unova region :)
;024;
And in this place final battle will begin- Hero N against TR boss, king's reshiram vs bosse's zekrom :):) ...
;024; ;336; and maybe if plasma brock will be true TRio will be fight with him and of course plasma grunts vs plasma grunts
.... and Ash and Co. will defeat ghetsis....

Last edited:

rocky505

I find the bolded part not a valid reason. At the beginning of a saga we all know ash make it to the league, he'll beat 8 gym leaders, etc. At the end of the day its a kids show, like yu-gi-oh, you know at the beginning of every duel the main character will always win.

Repititveness like using a net to capture a pokemon 1000 times, that's a valid reason to dislike the rockets. But this is a kids anime and 'the bad guy losing' is a given, not something being repeated.
Yeah right tell that to Kaiba who beat Yugi. And Jack who beat Yusei and the numorous times Jaden lost to Zhane.

ijea4444

Yeah right tell that to Kaiba who beat Yugi. And Jack who beat Yusei and the numorous times Jaden lost to Zhane.

yea because losing 1/3622591951321 duels means the main character is a bad duelest. I don't know any viewer who sits on their seat and actually worries about the outcome of the duel(and if applicable, 'death') because you can pretty much assume who is going to win. That was the point I was trying to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.