• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW - XY - SM - JN Series rewrite in my mind.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I will start by writing that I would like to present my rewrite how they would look better only in my opinion.
And I'd love to hear your opinions on what you think I wrote about my ideas for the previous four series as a whole.

Let's start with Ash completely losing to Tobias in the semi-finals of the Sinnoh League and will then decide where he has to travel - to Unova.

BLACK & WHITE SERIES

Ash started traveling in the Unova region and meets Professor Juniper and... Trip, but not quite arrogant. He is just nice and chooses Snivy, then asks Ash if he would like to challenge him and he agrees, but when he chooses Pikachu then Oshawott intervenes and shows Ash that he wants to fight. Ash of course lost the Trip due to type advantage. Trip announced that he wanted to become his rival and see how Ash would progress far into Unova. After this fight, Oshawott officially announces that he wants to join Ash. During the journey with various filler episodes, fight for badges to be eligible to enter the Pokemon League he catch same pokemon as in original anime but differently almost those are evolved and first time finally have all fully evolved starters.
In the pokemon league, Ash finally wins against Trip, but 6 vs 6 in the semi-finals and reaches the finals - there he meets a new opponent who has a secret weapon - mega evolution. He learns that this mysterious item comes from the Kalos region. He loses the fight, taking 2nd place.

BW final Ash's team:

25.png
500.png
497.png
503.png
553.png
521.png

After the Unova League ending ceremony, of course, we go to the Decolore Islands where we meet the new antagonist - N, not as a supporting character.
N initially tries to force Ash's Pokemon to separate from their Trainer by manipulating them. Ash, seeing this action, decides to fight him - a pokemon battle and loses. With no other choice, N orders the members of Team Plasma to kidnap his Pikachu - Team Rocket jumps into action and decides to kidnap this Pikachu themselves. Ash, realizing that he doesn't have a flying pokemon because he left it with Oak, decides to call him. Oak surprised him that Charizard had just arrived at his lab, having already completed his long-term training, Ash chose Charizard for his mission to save Pikachu without hesitation.
Ash, Iris, Cilan, the Team Rocket trio, and three newcomers - Unova League Winner, Alexa the Journalist and Gym Leader Clair decide to battle the evil Team Plasma and destroy their evil plan. Finally, Ash's final showdown with N takes place, this time he wins and he prove him how he misunderstood his team.

Decolore Islands final Ash's team:

25.png
6.png
525.png
542.png
560.png
536.png

After the battle with Team Plasma is over, Ash and her friends arrive in Kanto. Iris, Cilan and the others visit his house in Pallet Town. The meeting with Oak is hindered by Team Rocket as usual - Ash's friends retrieve Pikachu very quickly and give it back to Ash after a failed kidnapping attempt.
Ash wonders what he would like to do next after he has finished his adventure in Unova - Alexa and the winner of the League invite him to visit Kalos, suggesting that it is a nice region and has much more interesting Pokemon. Charizard surprised Ash greatly that he wanted to decide to travel with him in Kalos. So begins his adventure in a new region together with Pikachu and Charizard.

X & Y SERIES

Ash and journalist Alexa arrive in the Kalos region.
About the same events as in the anime, however, due to Ash having Charizard, his crew may look a bit different. Vivillion joins in Fletching's place - mistakenly thinking it's a Fairy type (join to Ash's team after Pokemon Hunter arrested). Froakie, Goomy and Hawlucha remain the same, they are also in Ash's team.
If you are disappointed with my change, think - there can't be two of the same, the same two types of a pokemon (Fire/Flying). Noivern would never join Ash, he just didn't fit his team at all. No other Fairy-type Pokemon will join his team - shiny Sylveon, because Serena is Ash's companion too and she should have still kept original Sylveon.
During the long journey, Goodra bids Team Ash farewell as he proceeds to defend his territory with Florges - just like in the anime, except that he will never rejoin the league later.
Charizard gets Mega Evolution, even though Greninja still has a special ability, just like same as in anime.

X & Y's Ash's team:
25.png
6003.png
701.png
4028.png
666.png
1700.png

Ash wins the Kalos league, his rivals of course are Sawyer, Astrid, Alain.
As a reward, Ash receives a trophy and a trip ticket to Alola on long vacation, but the end of the Pokemon League ceremony is interrupted by Lysandre and his Team Flare - same all events as in anime. Returned in Kanto, Ash decides to leave the rest of the crew with Oak except Pikachu and soon leaves for Alola for vacation.

SUN & MOON SERIES

Ash gets a well-deserved rest in Alola with Pikachu, where he meets prof. Kukui because he found out that he watched the final battle at Kalos Stadium in Lumiose, which inspired him a lot to start building a pokemon league in Alola but he doesn't know where to start. Ash declared that he would be happy to help him build a league in this region and decides to stay longer in Alola, which Kukui allows him to stay with - also with the consent of Ash's mother.
In order to build a new league in Alola, Ash is tasked with finding the right people for Gym Leader positions and testing their skills. He is no longer a noob, he knows how to take responsibility for it, he can already analyze every possibility of the trainer as well.
Kukui instructed Ash that he couldn't have a powerful team right away, but rather catch new Pokemon, train them, just to test the new Gym Leaders.
Even this is first time he doesn't have any main companion. Kukui is only his supporter companion.

New Gym Leaders Ash has hunted in order:
1. Mallow - grass type
2. Sophocles - electric type
3. Kiawe - fire type
4. Lana - water type
5. Hala - fighting type
6. Olivia - rock type
7. Nanu - dark type
8. Hapu - ground type

During the test of checking the ability of other trainers, he caught a lot more Pokemon than usual. Overall having 18 types.
No one in this series goes to school. Finding room leaders is his job commissioned by prof. Kukui, however, his challenge in Alola is to defeat the four guardians of the Islands - Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini. As a reward for defeating all four legends, he gets Cosmoem - the guards let him catch him with a pokeball.

Lusamine instead becomes a tragic antagonist who has lost her head after losing her husband - she wants to seek the Ultra Beast's power, thinking that in this way she will regain her husband by damaging the passages between the Ultra Beast's world and Earth which threatens Ash's world with the Ultra Beast's invasion ecosystem. Ash, the peoples of Alola, and all the Alolan Pokémon going to war with the Ultra Beasts to push them all into their world.
Gladion and Lillie rush to their mother to scold her. Tapu Fini, already at the post-fight site, informs them that their father and husband, Mohn, is still alive. And inform them he's still actually live on Earth.
After the incident with Lusamine and the Ultra Beasts, it's time to open the Pokemon League that Kukui and Ash have prepared together for a long time. The winner of the Pokemon League and the Runner-Up get an additional exhibition battle cup, against two more people - Ash and Kukui.

League Winner - Guzma.
Runner-Up - Gladion

Exhibition Battle Cup:

3 vs 3 battle

Ash vs Gladion
Guzma vs Kukui

Final 6 vs 6
Ash vs Kukui

Ash's Pokemon in Alola:
25.png
727.png
733.png
756.png
758.png
766.png
4065.png
805.png

768.png
770.png
784.png
722.png
4042.png
4057.png
791.png
804.png

when Ash wins against Kukui in an exhibition battle - he wonders what he would like to do when he returns to Kanto as he has finished his job of starting a pokemon league together with Kukui.
Before leaving to home, he is invited to the wedding of Prof. Kukui and Prof. Bunnet.
Many people were visiting, with Ash noticing a small group of children watching the Pokemon battle on the newly created Rotom Phone. The kids shared their video with Ash to see what was going on. He saw Leon and Charizard single-handedly knocking out all 6 Pokemon in the video and hears commentators say that Leon is the PWC Champion - so Ash already knew what he wanted to do when he returned to Kanto.

JOURNEYS SERIES

Finally final Ash's series after receiving more achievements in Unova, Kalos and Alola he decide join to PWC and give all out for battles.
He catching only new Kanto mons. That just perfect way - he started journey with Kanto mons also end his journey also with KANTO mons too.
Battle against more powerfull trainers, especially all 8 Galar Gym Leaders, more oldest rivals.

Ash's FINAL team:
25.png
122.png
149.png
94.png
130.png
112.png

Mr. Mime becomes a full member of Ash's team.
Ash catches Dragonair, which later evolves into Dragonite.
He also captures Haunter and later evolves him into Gengar through a trade with an old friend, Sabrina.
Ash's Pokeball accidentally fell into the water while swimming by the river and caught a Magikarp. However, it quickly evolves.
He gets Rhydon as a gift from Paul for going to M8 after defeating him at Ultra Class.

Goh get a much more interesting hobby instead of just catching all the Pokemon.
His main mission is to catch Shiny Pokemon by competing with other Shiny Hunters how many they got. He fights and he catches.
Chloe, on the other hand, is being tested by gym leaders in Kanto - her team: Eevee, Yamper, Unfezant, G. Ponyta, Vulpix, Kirlia.

After defeating Leon, Ash ended his adventure, in the mini-series he catches Latios and Latias.
So, goodbye Ash until he gets back.

What do you think about this all?

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Having Zard Y and Ash Greninja at the same feels way too OP I would give Battle Bond Greninja to Serena and make her the first current companion rival also I would also make Ash, Serena and Clemont be the same age as Alain and replace Sawyer with Max

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I though about Charizard becoming secondary ace, just like as Talonflame.
Having Zard Y and Ash Greninja at the same feels way too OP I would give Battle Bond Greninja to Serena and make her the first current companion rival also I would also make Ash, Serena and Clemont be the same age as Alain and replace Sawyer with Max

Things I would like to change
- MCY here, I think if Ash was going to win the Kalos League, Greninja had to defeat MCX, but MCY could fight in an exhibition battle against Steven maybe, so I would give Ash a seventh pokemon to fight against Alain, Goodra maybe, while for some reason Charizard can't fight in the final.

-Greninja is fine in Kalos, I think his hero role is fine

- Lucario to Ash, following the normal course of events, including longer training with Greninja.

-Paul as a frontier brain and without participating in the PWC, I also think that Ash is not the type of person who would receive a Pokémon from another person, even if it sounds great

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I though about Charizard becoming secondary ace, just like as Talonflame.
That would be kinda disrespectful to Charizard tho especially in his mega form

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Sorry, stopped reading at "Vivillion joins in Fletching's place".

Lmao it was getting good until that bit & then put Shiny Sylveon instead of Noivern just because & thinks that would have been good writing to have 2 Sylveon’s on the main cast with one being Shiny. Lost me in the Kalos portion but the rest is mostly solid, again, losing me with the Pikachu-Dragonite-Gengar-Gyarados-Rhydon-Mr.Mime team that beats Leon.

ImBeVillain - I want more indepth on who Ash should have battled in each battle in each class. What would have been potentionally good matchups in these.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Lmao it was getting good until that bit & then put Shiny Sylveon instead of Noivern just because & thinks that would have been good writing to have 2 Sylveon’s on the main cast with one being Shiny. Lost me in the Kalos portion but the rest is mostly solid, again, losing me with the Pikachu-Dragonite-Gengar-Gyarados-Rhydon-Mr.Mime team that beats Leon.

ImBeVillain - I want more indepth on who Ash should have battled in each battle in each class. What would have been potentionally good matchups in these.
1. Vivillon were wasted chance for Ash getting at Poke Hunter episode - so i wanted this get chance. I was thinking also about Trevenant shiny but i choose get Fairy Type - there will be explanation at point 2.
MCY and Fletching cannot be both in team due to typing. That would be more unbalanced, because Ash need get more different types - see why i didn't even gave Noivern to him either.

2. Shiny Sylveon - due to "amourshipping" moments (even if i don't like that ship i though that would be cool idea), would get along well with Serena's Sylveon. Differently both Ash and Serena catch Eevees on one place.
Still Ash need learn new experience with fairy type pokemon for battles.

3. As a Kanto team, Ash should represent from his home and using only new Kanto team. In start of JN i thought he gonna catch only from this region until Riolu came in ep. 21....
No need to say but he getting from whole world was unnecesary really.
See still... Gyarados and Rhydon were still fan's favorites like same as Dragonite and Gengar.

4. Battle matchups in PWC for Ash with that only new Kanto team:

Normal Class:
Lt. Surge - Pikachu, Mr. Mime
Milo - Dragonair
Samurai Bug Catcher - Pikachu
Giselle - Haunter
Nessa (battle for promotion) - Dragonair & Haunter

Super Class:
Kabu - Pikachu, Haunter (lost)
Kabu - Mr. Mime, Haunter (win)
AJ - Pikachu, Dragonair
Fantina - Mr. Mime, Dragonair
Bea (battle for promotion) - Gyarados, Pikachu, Dragonite

Hyper Class:
Bede - Mr. Mime, Haunter, Gyarados
Sabrina - Pikachu, Gengar, Mr. Mime
Volkner - Dragonite, Pikachu, Gengar
Paul - Dragonite, Gengar, Gyarados
Gordie - Gyarados, Pikachu, Rhydon

M8:
Piers - Rhydon, Gengar, Pikachu
Raihan - full team
Leon - full team (pure Galar vs pure Kanto)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This is so lame
It only focuses on Ash's progression as a trainer and epic moments
Where's the themes, the catharsis of the series, the soul?
It just feels like everything is the same but Ash is worshipped to the next level

In my opinion if there should be anything changed from the current iteration, it should be after DP Ash retires by beating Paul in the finals and then beating Cynthia and going on to be a Pokemon master like we saw in MPM.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
This is so lame
It only focuses on Ash's progression as a trainer and epic moments
Where's the themes, the catharsis of the series, the soul?
It just feels like everything is the same but Ash is worshipped to the next level

In my opinion if there should be anything changed from the current iteration, it should be after DP Ash retires by beating Paul in the finals and then beating Cynthia and going on to be a Pokemon master like we saw in MPM.
…dude this is basically a battle record and team composition wishlist, what sort of ‘themes, catharsis and soul’ did you expect here lmao

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
…dude this is basically a battle record and team composition wishlist, what sort of ‘themes, catharsis and soul’ did you expect here lmao
.....As if that's my EXACT point on why this is flawed as a supposed "rewrite" of the series?
How can you totally get where I'm going and still be perfectly obtuse about it?

Ashton Ketchum

Well, if I had a power to rewrite reality, my updated BW would be closer to Zanolith's rewrite. But, XY(Z) would be a much different. It would be the final chapter of Ash's story. To make it look like a big story ending with a strong connection to previous Sagas (and characters). After talking with one guy, I came to the conclusion that in order for the Saga to be like a big finale, it will need to be renewed for another season. And therefore, it will be necessary not only to decide which episodes to update and which to leave the same, but also to come up with new ones. And competently correct the minor roughness and punctures of the Saga (such as the absence of some characters that would suit this Saga. Like Dexio and Sina). My rewrite also will unite Kalos League with World Championship, and levelled up Diantha to Leon's level.
And that is mine fan project, which I called - Pokemon Mega XY(Z).
As for Alola and Galar Sagas - it will be a separate stories, with own main protagonist. Like Horizons now. And after Galar Saga, I will nothing to change.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh idk if I'd make the story last all the way until JN. If I was able to rewrite things, I'd probably make Ash win the Sinnoh League, remove the Flint ep (or make it less of a stomp), and then have BW be a world tour series, with the PWC, TP and N as the main plot, since well it feels like after having defeated Paul, N and BW1 TP would be the best way to make a personal conflict for Ash.

Tbh a part of this is because even if the BW games were kind of a soft reboot, XY felt like the start of modern pokemon

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
i love you for saying this
seriously looking back, while i still say JN ramped things up from 10 to 100, it'd be more believable that Ash is beating champions if not for that episode, since most of his other e4 fights he actually held his own decently well even if he lost pretty decisively.