• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW001 & BW002: Zekrom's Shadow/Iris and Kibago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Thanks to slowkingsley:

BW001 - To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!
BW002 - Iris and Kibago!

Airdate: 23rd September, 2010.

Mudkip8003

Seems good to me. Zekroms Shadow sounds good...

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Sweet!

So Ash sees Zekrom, and Iris sees Reshiram... probably...

Probably means that the first episode is more about Ash then DP1 was! With Iris and Ash fully meeting in BW002.

I guess this means that Mijumaru is caught in the third episode.

Chimchar15

Awesomeness! These sound like some good episodes. Thanks Ash-kid and thanks slowkingsley once again.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Awesomeness! These sound like some good episodes. Thanks Ash-kid and thanks slowkingsley once again.

slowkingsley should get the credit, but even he doesn't seem sure that these are 100% real. He said that the newtype leaks should arrive today or tomorrow to confirm for sure. These titles should be taken with a grain of salt for the time being :S

If they're real, it means a two-part special as opposed to a three-part special like we had in DP.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Yeah, I think this probably could have waited until Slowkingsley got some confirmation, but still

Sweet!

Probably means that the first episode is more about Ash then DP1 was! With Iris and Ash fully meeting in BW002.

I don't think Ash is meant to see Zekrom; apparently Zekrom somehow causes Pikachu to be unable to use it's Electric attacks because of some effect it has. Don't take my word on it though.

Agreed, looks as though Iris may not get the 'equal to Ash' status Dawn got.

And I think it looks likely, unless they try and squash Ash catching Mijumaru in with meeting Iris, which would be awfully squashed.

Locormus

What is the japanese title?

My guess on the first, is :blabla Isshu blabla! Zekrom no kage!

slowkingsley should get the credit, but even he doesn't seem sure that these are 100% real. He said that the newtype leaks should arrive today or tomorrow to confirm for sure. These titles should be taken with a grain of salt for the time being :S

If they're real, it means a two-part special as opposed to a three-part special like we had in DP.

We already knew it was going to be a two parter.. That was confirmed the moment we got BW003 on September 30th. The sixteenth is that Can't Wait! Pocket Monster BW pre-Special!-thing, so we knew that they were going to put two episodes on the 23rd. Or surprise us all and start with one episode and then have a twoparter on the 30th, but that would've been unlikely! :p

whataffah

Aah great. There's still a chance the saga will start in Pallet town. This could be his reason! First he saw Ho-oh. Now he sees Zekrom and tells Oak about it. Then he says he never heard about it yet. He tells he got contact with Aragi and sets off to Isshu.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
slowkingsley said that in the first episode Pikachu is unable to use it's Electric moves because of Zekrom's shadow, so Ash goes to Professor Araragi's lab. This is how Ash will hear about the Isshu region, a nice way.

dawn hater

Aah great. There's still a chance the saga will start in Pallet town. This could be his reason! First he saw Ho-oh. Now he sees Zekrom and tells Oak about it. Then he says he never heard about it yet. He tells he got contact with Aragi and sets off to Isshu.

Why would Zekrom come to a far away place like Kanto?

I guess Ash will go to Isshu, Pikachu can't use Electric moves(does it means TerraVoltage works this way?) and Ash consults Araragi about it.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Sweet!

What do you mean by 'probably'. Its 100% confirmed Iris will see Reshiram. It was in that trailer.

Lorde

Why would Zekrom come to a far away place like Kanto?

Maybe Legendary Pokemon can teleport to other regions? I don't know, but does it really matter if it makes sense? This is Pokemon afterall, so it seems like Zekrom is just the plot device in this episode and nothing more from the look of things. Zekrom just sets up the chain of events that lead to Ash traveling in Isshu. That seems ok with me :)

Last edited:

Locormus

slowkingsley said that in the first episode Pikachu is unable to use it's Electric moves because of Zekrom's shadow, so Ash goes to Professor Araragi's lab. This is how Ash will hear about the Isshu region, a nice way.

It's not nice.. It's 100% farfetched..

What's Zekrom doing in Kanto?
How does this fit in with the game plot of it needing to be revived (unconfirmed)?
Does Terravoltage absorb the electricity of other pokemon all over the world? Wtf is that!??

What do you mean by 'probably'. Its 100% confirmed Iris will see Reshiram. It was in that trailer.

We haven't seen them in the same show have we? Or did I miss something?

I don't know, but does it really matter if it makes sense? This is Pokemon afterall, so it seems like Zekrom is just the plot device in this episode and nothing more from the look of things. Zekrom just sets up the chain of events that lead to traveling in Isshu.

It does matter, more then Mijumaru being caught in the third episode and getting no special episode devoted to it afterwards. Zekrom is a big part of the games, and the animé as seen in DP follows that plot more strictly nowadays. This could potentially ruin that. Heck we see a skeleton of Zekrom in some scans... This could ruin the plot already, or they have something entirely different in store.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Could it be that Pikachu not being able to use Electric moves is a new way to reboot its power. I mean, its Iron Tail, and Quick Attack would still be effective, but his main electric moves can't be relied on anymore, and he has to learn another(electric/mixed) move to overcome that.

Lorde

Could it be that Pikachu not being able to use Electric moves is a new way to reboot its power. I mean, its Iron Tail, and Quick Attack would still be effective, but his main electric moves can't be relied on anymore, and he has to learn another(electric/mixed) move to overcome that.

Nice theory, but as I said before, I believe Zekrom is merely the plot device used to get Ash to leave to Isshu in a rush without much backstory involved. I think Pikachu's power will return once Ash gets to Isshu so there's no real need for giving Pikachu new moves to replace the old ones, when the old ones might return at the end of the first episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.