• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW004 - Battle Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
First if we will be following her character in the games, her Pokemon will be strictly on the dragon side or perhaps anything that will be reptile-ish.

Second, if the writers want to market Pokabu they would give to Ash who has an already established starter and character. Iris herself is yet to establish her charactor, let alone Kibago. Giving her a starter would mean lack of apt screen time for Pokabu.

Third, let's remember that during the OP there was a time when Ash caught three Pokemon in three straight episodes anf this series is known for it's Kanto feel.

Lastly, I seriously doubt that they will let Iris challenge the gym because hypothetically let's say Ash will go only against Dento and Iris will go against Cornn who will go against the third brother who has Hiyappu.

So what if it has a Kanto feel?That doesn't mean it'll be a copy of the Kanto days.And those that say Best Wishes will be a rebirth of the series,well rebirth means starting again from scratch and doing things differently so with that logic I'd say Ash might catch different kinds of pkmn and not the usual Water,Grass,Fire trio

thebluemarc

King of the World
I'm not saying it's a rebirth, I'm not saying it's making a copy. I'm saying they're making right the mistakes they committed before like giving Ash captures in the middle and towards the end of the series. If indeed they wanted good character development for all the starters, they will give it to Ash early on so it will have more time to develop rather than give Ash something too late in the series that will have less time for it to develop.

If Ash will be given another late capture I hope it's after he completed his team so he can actually rotate.

Ideally

After first ten episodes he has:
Pikachu
Mamepato
Mijumaru
Pokabu
Tsutarja

After twentieth episode
Denchura / Wildcard 001
+Bird Evolution

After the thirtieth episode
Komotana+Starter Evolutions

After fortieth
Another Wildcard+Starter Evolutions

@Playerking

Three straight: Mamepato (2), Mijumaru (3) and Pokabu (4)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Yeah but you but said starters so...

thebluemarc

King of the World
Where in my third point did I say that he will catch three straight starters? Hmmm....

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I'm not saying it's a rebirth, I'm not saying it's making a copy. I'm saying they're making right the mistakes they committed before like giving Ash captures in the middle and towards the end of the series. If indeed they wanted good character development for all the starters, they will give it to Ash early on so it will have more time to develop rather than give Ash something too late in the series that will have less time for it to develop.

If Ash will be given another late capture I hope it's after he completed his team so he can actually rotate.

Ideally

After first ten episodes he has:
Pikachu
Mamepato
Mijumaru
Pokabu
Tsutarja

After twentieth episode
Denchura / Wildcard 001
+Bird Evolution

After the thirtieth episode
Komotana+Starter Evolutions

After fortieth
Another Wildcard+Starter Evolutions

@Playerking

Three straight: Mamepato (2), Mijumaru (3) and Pokabu (4)

You know,it's not fair for Ash to get more than one starter per region.It should follow the games.And come on,the Isshu starters are not that marketable,except for Mijumaru and they'll milk it like Piplup

playerking

You said ash caught three Pokemon three episodes in a row unless you mean the charmander episode, squirtle episode and the krabby episode because no where else did ash catch three Pokemon three episodes in a row well maybe untill best wishes so...

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
You said ash caught three Pokemon three episodes in a row unless you mean the charmander episode, squirtle episode and the krabby episode because no where else did ash catch three Pokemon three episodes in a row well maybe untill best wishes so...
Actually that was four captures in a row. Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and Krabby.

thebluemarc

King of the World
If it's not marketable and why isn't it fair? Why are you giving the starters too much importance that other character's not getting one has already become a a basis of fairness?

I'm just saying it will be Ash's not that I really want it but I'm basing it on what I see (basing on the circumstances and the previews) and what fits him.

BTW, who are you to say that only Mijumaru is marketable? Piplup is annoying, among the Sinnoh starter I hate that self-absorbed Pokemon. Pokabu is as equally appealing as Mijmaru and if indeed it is a new start as yo contend then they will evolve Mijumaru all the way which disproves your claim that he will be Piplup 2.0.

De HotShot Mon

Smack Down time
Actually, in Kanto, that was four in a row. Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Krabby. Five if you count his brief trade for Raticate in the next episode.

playerking

I know he caught three Pokemon in a row! I'm saying that unless he was wrong and he did mention the tree capture in three episodes are the starters than it had to be a different combination of three episodes with captures. Also the episode after the kraby capture wasn't the one with raticate it was the it was bandit kei... i mean lt. surge battle.

Last edited:

thebluemarc

King of the World
thebluemarc said:
Third, let's remember that during the OP there was a time when Ash caught three Pokemon in three straight episodes anf this series is known for it's Kanto feel.

Where did I say that he will be capturing the three starters straight again?

If you don't want Bulba+Char+Squirt then Char+Squirt+Krabby.

My point is that the Kanto feel is more of living up to his name Ketchum a play for Ketchum all meaning it is not impossible for Ash to have three straight captures in three straight episodes.

playerking

Thank you that's what i've been saying, Arceus! Also before this goes even more offtopic i would love it if Mijuamru got some more character development in this episode.

Last edited:

thebluemarc

King of the World
Okay and your point being....?

I merely said "three straight captures in three straight epsiodes"

Now did I make a mistake for you to have to reply as if I've made a mistake?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Preview:

-Tsutarja's evo, and Miju's evo is there
-Ash fights vs a kid and his Futachimauru
-Meowth is with a black castum
-Pokabu uses a Fire attack

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yay Pokabu is probably getting caught next episode, we can see Pokabu hiding behing the building at the end of the preview :D.

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
Meowth disguised as an Umbreon for some reason :\
And it does look like someone could be catching that Pokabu. Most likely Ash of course.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Oh the new preview shows it better, seems like Ash gets lent a Pokabu and Janobi and the club and Iris/Ash are playing around with Pokabu, really hope Ash gets it next week.

Grassmen he is disguised as Umbreon because suposedly the old guy has one, atleast from the beta art.

dman_dustin

If Ash does get lent Pokabu then it'll definitely be his to keep. Maybe that's one of the rules of the Battle Club. You choose a Pokemon and when you beat all the trainers in some format you get to keep said Pokemon.

LOL at Meowth being Umbreon.

I'm not sure I like Iris playing with Pokabu, is she going to do that to every Pokemon that comes their way (that'll end up on the main cast).

Need to see a clear preview though in order to judge more accurately.

Chimchar15

Looks to be a good episode next week, I hope Ash doesn't get all the starters again. As long as he doesn't catch Janobii I'm cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.