• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW005 - Baoppu, Hiyappu, Yanappu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterpokes

Yea... hmm, you sure did miss the Advanced Generation Saga. Ash battled the second gym leader, Brawly, in AG020 and lost. Ash didn't challenge Brawly until AG031.... 11 episodes. Sure 11 episodes would be a bit of a stretch from the first gym but a good 5 episodes could be enough, and like I said, in BW006, they are at the abandoned lot of dreams, which is right of Sanyou city, Shippou City is on the left of Sanyou City.

Since I'm bored right now, I decided to look through those 11 episodes, to see if anything eventful happened and it did.

AG021: Wurmple & Wurmple (filler I guess?)
AG022: Steven appeared (he was like a filler character, but he is a in-game character, so I would say this is an event episode, but a boring one nevertheless)
AG023: Corphish capture (Event episode)
AG024: May and Jessie's Wurmples evolves (Event episode)
AG025: Mudkip capture (Event episode)
AG026: Nuzleaf (filler)
AG027: Team Aqua & Team Magma involment (Event episode)
AG028: Cascoon and Silcoon evolves (Event episode)
AG029: Sableye (filler)
AG030: Ash ready to get re-match Brawly (filler or event? Not sure really)
AG031: Gym match VS Brawly (Event episode)

That is 7 episodes, where events happened. Two of them are on the edge, but a lot happened in this gap. I think this gap was good. Had 2-4 fillers, but the rest were event episodes. A lot happened.

I know many people complain about the episode gap between Snowpoint and Sunyshore, but I think many people doesn't see the event taking place, in this gap.

We got Paul VS Ash, Chimchar evolving, Paul VS Brandon, Team Galactic, Monferno evolving etc. So I don't know about some of you, but if we get a lot of event episode between each gym, I'd be cool with that. Even though I do think a year between each gym is too much. But then again, a lot happened, which is overlooked.

Isis-sama

If the writers really want Dento to join, they could have him come with Ash and Iris for the Gym rematch . . . but if they decide to have Ash win and go on to the second Gym, that's fine too, they'll just have to make longer gaps between the later Gyms to make up for it . . . unless Gen VI comes out in only two years from now, or something.

thebluemarc

King of the World
@Isis

Gym rematch with Dento gong back with ASH, are you seroius? They can't show the rule change if that indeed happens. It will just be redundant. C'mon.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'd have also liked to have seen the Gym have a longer arc. 1 episode for 3 Gym Leaders is clearly not enough to focus on all 3 of them enough.

These three gymleaders are a single identity.. They are poor developed ingame and each of their quirks (if you can call general characteristics a quirk) can be handled by their lines and general attitude. By just looking at them you can tell that Pod is the fiery hot head, Koon is the cool collected type and Dento is the middle brother, which will all be inducted into their narrative. They don't have any other thing going for them aside from being waiters, which is being handled by introducing Dento, then they can say: 'Yes, we all run this café together, as well as the gym!'.

These guys are essentially the same as the Cerulean Sisters..

Daisy -> Dento
Lily -> Pod (Lily plays male parts in their plays)
Violet -> Koon (Violet is the more feminine, and well Koon has long blue flowy hair like her)

I don't see how introducing three gymleaders who are basically the same entitity and three one on ones is going to be such a problem to handle in one episode. Remember the days where Ash battled Brock twice, introduced his father, his siblings, his backstory, Ash powering up Pikachu, and Brock joining up in the single same episode? As what I've seen from the preview, Dento has no such backstory at all.. Which took the most time in that episode..

They could do a filler saga I guess, I'd even like that, but even so, even Hoenn didn't have nearly such a fast pace.

A filler saga will probably be the best way to go.. They have to make this series last as long as DP, so if they want to pace up, they better bring in more material to fill the gap between generations.

Anyway.. There are however some concrete oppositions to BW and AG! xD

- In AG, Ash captured his second pokemon in the fourth episode.
-- In BW, Ash captured his fourth pokemon in the fourth episode.
- In AG, Ash captures his Grass type in the seventh episode as the third pokemon.
-- In BW, Ash captures his Grass type in the seventh episode as the fifth pokemon.

Just how crazy is that! xD

Did Ash really use Pidgeotto all that much early in the first season?

Time will tell what happens to Mamepato.

He used pidgeotto a lot actually..

Ep.3 - Caught and used against TR, but fainted due to just being caught.
Ep.4 - Fought against a Weedle that Ash tried to catch, and immediatly used afterwards against Samurai's Pinsir (fainted due to again overuse).
Ep.5 - Used against Brock's Geodude
Ep.7 - Used against Misty's Starmie
Ep.8 - Used against a random kid's Rattata at the start and later against AJ's Sandshrew.

That's eight battles since its debut and the five episodes thereafter.. While Mamepato has two.. Still who knows if it's going to be used in BW6/7? It would make sense for it to fight Tsutaja, but then again, I know that Pikachu and Mijumaru of all things are fighting that one, when Ash has two types that are super effective over it, he chooses the least useful...

Lets pray for Mamepato appearing in BW006...

It still saddens me that something as iconic as the Meowth hot air balloon has vanished, and thus the need of balloon popping as well.. Heck, when we have shell/shuriken throwing otters stealing jobs, the bird is even more made obsolete..

Yea... hmm, you sure did miss the Advanced Generation Saga. Ash battled the second gym leader, Brawly, in AG020 and lost. Ash didn't challenge Brawly until AG031.... 11 episodes. Sure 11 episodes would be a bit of a stretch from the first gym but a good 5 episodes could be enough, and like I said, in BW006, they are at the abandoned lot of dreams, which is right of Sanyou city, Shippou City is on the left of Sanyou City.

They have this gymbattle early so that Dento can join the cast when said cast is still being developed through the early stages.. I mean, it would look weird for a character to join when Ash already has a full team, or even five pokemon for that matter..

It doesn't matter exactly where next to Sanyou City the Abondoned Lot of Dreams is.. Remember that Rotom House in DP? That sure was right at the end of Eterna Forest iirc! ;)

Last edited:

Torpoleon

If Ash does lose in th Sanyou Gym, I can see him capturing Tsutarja (like how he caught Corphish) who would help out in the gym. Although, I think Ash wins the match because at BW009, Adeku debuts and Shooti reappears where someone battles Shooti. I doubt Shooti would be weak enough to lose to the Sanyou Gym Leaders.

kickachu

Momentai!
Maybe when Mijumaru got spanked it starts to grow conffient and learns shell blade and wins the match or Dento could give Ash the badge for a good battle

Torpoleon

Maybe when Mijumaru got spanked it starts to grow conffient and learns shell blade and wins the match or Dento could give Ash the badge for a good battle
That actually sounds like a great idea. For once, I agree with you. It could be a milestone for Mijumaru too. It is seen using Shell Blade against Dento's Yanappu and I believe it has not used Shell Blade prior to the match. It was seen using the move in one of the vast BW Previews from what appears to be the Sanyou Gym. It also was seen blocking Dento's Yanappu's Bullet Seed with the shell, so it has a really strong shell too. After blocking Bullet Seed with shell, I could see Mijumaru hitting Yanappu with Shell Blade for the finishing blow, thus giving Ash the badge!

thebluemarc

King of the World
Mijumaru knows Shell blade already. He used it when Team Rocket was escaping.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
^ In best wishes episode 4? At least an important even happened in that episode that i'm counting (Looks at Pokabu).

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I know many people complain about the episode gap between Snowpoint and Sunyshore, but I think many people doesn't see the event taking place, in this gap.

We got Paul VS Ash, Chimchar evolving, Paul VS Brandon, Team Galactic, Monferno evolving etc. So I don't know about some of you, but if we get a lot of event episode between each gym, I'd be cool with that.

Agreed.. Yet I still don't think Ash will lose here.. I think the preview shows enough of Ash getting his butt kicked, but explicitly leaves out the turn in some of the battles..

If Ash does lose in the Sanyou Gym, I can see him capturing Tsutarja (like how he caught Corphish) who would help out in the gym. Although, I think Ash wins the match because at BW009, Adeku debuts and Shooti reappears where someone battles Shooti. I doubt Shooti would be weak enough to lose to the Sanyou Gym Leaders.

Excuse me, but what does Shooti's skill have to do with Ash's possible rematch against the Sanyou Gym? It doesn't matter if Ash has beat the Gym leaders yet or not, just look at Sinnoh where Ash always had less badges then his direct rivals.

Hehehe... Probably!

Mijumaru's thoughts: 'Darn that monkey is looking at my red glowing arse! Take this shell to the face you pervmonkey!'
Yanappu's thoughts: 'Ouch that hurt! But it was worth it! Hehehehehe!'

:p

dman_dustin

Mijumaru knows Shell blade already. He used it when Team Rocket was escaping.

It did not use shell blade in that episode. All it did was throw its shell, which can be used for other things.

Had it been shell blade we would've seen it like what Mijumaru did in the preview (or Futachimaru did to Pikachu in BW004), it have a blue aura to it but all Mijumaru did was throw its shell.

thunderblade12

Mijumaru may not have to learn Shell Blade per say. It can just show that it's capable of using it. So far it's only used Water Gun; it must currently have more than just that already.

thebluemarc

King of the World
Serebii.net in ASH'S biography creditted the attack as Shell Blade. So I think it's an anime variation of shell blade. You can either throw it or hold it.

playerking

Yeah it didn't use shell blade ^ Dman's right. They said it knows shell blade because we first see it in the gym battle.

thebluemarc

King of the World
Has the gym battle happened for them to credit that.

It says it knows shell blade that's why it makes addition to Ash's team. SO don't tell me it learned using shell blade just on that battle.

playerking

What we've seen the preview it knows shell blade in BW005 it doesn't know it yet it just threw it's shell.

thebluemarc

King of the World
I wonder why when some people say that prior to Pokabu's capture what happened in the preview does not actually translate in the anime. Same people tell me that serebii's basis is the preview.

darn.

playerking

From Bulbapedia "In BW002, it reappeared after Mamepato was defeated, rescuing Pikachu and Kibago from Team Rocket by throwing its shell." Did it say shell blade?

dman_dustin

I wonder why when some people say that prior to Pokabu's capture what happened in the preview does not actually translate in the anime. Same people tell me that serebii's basis is the preview.

darn.

Serebii is not dreamcoat.

Dreamcoat will specifically say that previews are not counted (NOT even if the attack was ordered in the preview like Mach Punch and Monferno), so yes Serebii says it knows shell blade because we have seen it use shell blade. Maybe not in an episode yet, but from the previews that aired with Best Wishes (such as the gym battle).

And who knows Mijumaru might learn shell blade during battle. Though I'd be annoyed if water gun was Mijumaru's only move. Like Thunderblade12 said it should know more than water gun.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

darn.

it says the trainer tied Pokabu's mouth

when it was in fact Pokabu who did it by accident

Status
Not open for further replies.