• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW005 - Baoppu, Hiyappu, Yanappu

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikaplup2

i liek pie n_n
That was a very cute picture. I also hope Mamepato gets more screentime I mean I would hate to be stuck in a tiny air tight ball untill some one remembers I exist

HoennMaster

I really hope this whole rare Pikachu think dies out soon. It's actually getting kind of annoying.

Anyway, if Pikachu loses to Hiyappu I might just cry. Poor thing needs to win.

I hope that even if Mampeto doesn't battle, at least it get some screentime and not be ignored totally. As for TR, I wonder when they plan on giving James a new poke'mon.

Obviously, but that doesn't pertain tot his episode.

BlueDragonfangirl

I really hope this whole rare Pikachu think dies out soon. It's actually getting kind of annoying.

Anyway, if Pikachu loses to Hiyappu I might just cry. Poor thing needs to win.

Obviously, but that doesn't pertain tot his episode.

I don't think the Pikachu is rare plot will die soon, it is rare in this region so people will be going oooh and awe for a while. I hope Pikachu gets a win too, its last battle was kind of a tie.

rocky505

Man they allowed Staravia in some Roark episodes but no mamepato :(

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
For all we know, Mamepato might be shown in the gym episode like Staravia was; being upset about not being able to take part in the battle.

they wouldn't redo that joke again...would they?

Torpoleon

they wouldn't redo that joke again...would they?
At least we'd get to see Mamepato in an episode after its capture though.

I'd say that Pikachu would win against Hiyappu, Pokabu would lose against Baoppu and Mijumaru would win against Yanappu. That's also how I see the battle playing out in order.

Waterpokes

Why are we acting like it's such a disapointment that Mamepato won't appear? I mean, it got captured in episode 2, and this is episode 5. It's not the end of the world, even though Best Wishes goes down 75% in awesomeness, since Mamepato won't appear. If I remember, Lickitung didn't appear in the next, was it 20 or 30 episodes after that?

If this episode was episode 13 or something, and we haven't seen Mamepato since it's capture, then this makes sense, but not now. Of course, it should appear, but I guess Ash is just plain dumb cuz the perfect match-up would be:

Pikachu VS Hiyappu
Mijumaru VS Baoppu
Mamepato VS Yanappu

Or you could use Pokabu against Yanappu, but we might see how they play it out. But seriously, can we please stop crying over Mamepato? They're probably saving it for later, like when Mamepato will sweep the Electric Gym, all by himself.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Mamepato will get the bug gym and probably the flying gym too.

In terms of starring, Pokabu would get the Bug Gym, though Mamepato could get 2 wins in that gym and star in the Flying Gym. I assume it would be used in the Ground Gym, seeing how its technically safe from Ground type moves, Tsutarja and Mijumaru would also be used in the Ground Gym. I hope the bird gets to star, Staraptor never starred in a gym.

Torpoleon

Why are we acting like it's such a disapointment that Mamepato won't appear? I mean, it got captured in episode 2, and this is episode 5. It's not the end of the world, even though Best Wishes goes down 75% in awesomeness, since Mamepato won't appear. If I remember, Lickitung didn't appear in the next, was it 20 or 30 episodes after that?

If this episode was episode 13 or something, and we haven't seen Mamepato since it's capture, then this makes sense, but not now. Of course, it should appear, but I guess Ash is just plain dumb cuz the perfect match-up would be:

Pikachu VS Hiyappu
Mijumaru VS Baoppu
Mamepato VS Yanappu

Or you could use Pokabu against Yanappu, but we might see how they play it out. But seriously, can we please stop crying over Mamepato? They're probably saving it for later, like when Mamepato will sweep the Electric Gym, all by himself.
Or Pokabu against Yanappu.

I know, with the Mamepato stuff. They could have implemented Mamepato over Pikachu though, since Pikachu has been in more wins than Mamepato (obviously). There are other gyms for Mamepato to star in though.

The reason why Pokabu & Mijumaru are used against the Elemental Monkey Pokémon in the Sanyou Gym is probably because that could make it too easy for Ash. The writers probably want Ash to lose one Pokémon which might not happen if they battle the Elemental Monkey Pokémon that they have an advantage over. At least it is better for Mijumaru to battle Yanappu where it looks like Mijumaru would win, which is a good milestone for Mijumaru where it beats a Pokémon it has a disadvantage in.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I know they won't do this but it would be really cool if they used all three as a triple battle demonstration. Too bad though.

Darkxninga

I know they won't do this but it would be really cool if they used all three as a triple battle demonstration. Too bad though.

Ya know that would be a cool idea :D. Too bad it isn't... since Ash doesn't have all the starters yet nor will triple battles/rotational battles be introduced this soon. I hope Ash goes against all the guys in this episode (but i hear it's two episodes...but im not sure). I can't wait to see the gym leaders personalities. Their preview was cool.

thebluemarc

King of the World
It could actually be a triple battle demonstration, only that the gym leaders cannot switch Pokemon WHICH is the basic rule in all anime gyms.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
In terms of starring, Pokabu would get the Bug Gym, though Mamepato could get 2 wins in that gym and star in the Flying Gym. I assume it would be used in the Ground Gym, seeing how its technically safe from Ground type moves, Tsutarja and Mijumaru would also be used in the Ground Gym. I hope the bird gets to star, Staraptor never starred in a gym.

Making puns with "translated" names doesnt work.

thunderblade12

I'd say Staraptor starred against Nando though.

Given the situation I think all three of Ash's pokemon starred in that battle...

Roserade - Nando's starter, with him from the start
Armaldo - The unexpected powerhouse
Kricketune - Seemed to be Nando's signature pokemon.

Trainers' last pokemon aren't always levels above the others. Gardenia's Turtwig for example; it seemed to be on par or maybe even better than her Roserade.

Status
Not open for further replies.