• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW005 - Baoppu, Hiyappu, Yanappu

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Yep it is

So looks like Ash will take on all 3 monkeys then

We see Janoby, Pokabu and Futachimaru so looks like Ash's Mijumaru and Tsutarja will evolve by then and remember we saw both of them on the Beta artwork so it's looking very likely....this is very fast paced :D

Looks like some people forget what BW004 is about.

Not to mention Ash's MIJUMARU battles Yanappu not Futachimaru.

And I honestly doubt Ash has gotten "Tsutarja" yet, unless he catches both Pokabu and Tsutarja in BW004 (which it seems like Ash does, by catching Pokabu in that episode), and a few episodes is no where near enough episodes for them to showcase the Pokemon so they evolve.

And I really dislike them showing off the evolved forms this early. I absolutely love it when Ash or one of the main character's anime debut a Pokemon. Like Ash's Grotle, and Ash's Infernape. Now the only evolution possible is Chaobu (ignoring the final evolutions).

Blazicken

Sex on fire
Hell yes xD
catching pokemon => battlehouse = training? => gymbattle in only 5 eps :)
juicy <3

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
I don't get where people are getting all of these fumes, Ash is NOT catching Tsutarja and Pokabu let alone evolving them by BW004

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Who cares if Ash doesn't catch Tsutarja yet. Atleast his at the gym more earlier than usual. Unlike Kanto when they were still stuck lost in the Viridian forest.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I don't get where people are getting all of these fumes, Ash is NOT catching Tsutarja and Pokabu let alone evolving them by BW004

What makes you think he's NOT capturing them? Your reasoning better not be opinion, or else I'll I am going to laugh. Show me the carfacts

Pokemonmaster Bill

Agnet of Umbrella
wait why and what evidence is ash getting Pokabu in ep 4? i am all for ash get many pokemon this time around and i want him to get the pig and Tsutarja.

dman_dustin

wait why and what evidence is ash getting Pokabu in ep 4? i am all for ash get many pokemon this time around and i want him to get the pig and Tsutarja.

We see Pokabu vs Poddo's Baoppu. If Pokabu really is Ash's the only episode Ash could've caught Pokabu is BW004 especially if Ash really is battling the Sommelier monkey trio in BW005.

^ Makes me wonder about Pokabu's capture. I guess we have to see if there's a summary that describes more about the Battle Club because with Futachimaru and Janobii and Don George getting focus in this episode and where the episode is set at, I don't know how the writers will connect all that to catching Pokabu in a grassy field outside a city. It's possible to see Pokabu get caught in BW4, but at this point, it looks kinda weird if it did imo.

Is it possible to see Ash witness Poddo's battle with Boappu vs. Pokabu and Pokabu is a random trainer's...sure, but then the question would be why would the writers choose to do that?

And then the gym battle...if Poddo is battle and obviously we see Koon's Hiyappu too, how will the battle turn out? Ash faces all three? So many questions that will hopefully be revealed soon in a summary or whatever.

Anyway, I'm excited to see Dento as well as the battle between Mijumaru and Yanappu. Mijumaru will definitely rock it out and win and hopefully it continues to dominate and become an ultimate powerhouse for Ash.

dman_dustin

^ Makes me wonder about Pokabu's capture. I guess we have to see if there's a summary that describes more about the Battle Club because with Futachimaru and Janobii and Don George getting focus in this episode and where the episode is set at, I don't know how the writers will connect all that to catching Pokabu in a grassy field outside a city. It's possible to see Pokabu get caught in BW4, but at this point, it looks kinda weird if it did imo.

The summary or actually the title mentions a mysterious Pokemon. So similar to Ash's Corphish, they don't find out about Pokabu until the latter half.

And did the summary really say the battle club didn't take place near a city/town (you know anime exclusive)?

I guess we'll really have to wait until BW006's title to find out, because I know that Ash would have to catch Pokabu before catching Tsutarja since Pokabu is used against Tsutarja. And so Pokabu's trainer no matter who it is, is catching Tsutarja, since Pokabu was seen in a rocky gray area which is the same place we see someone catching Tsutarja.

The summary or actually the title mentions a mysterious Pokemon. So similar to Ash's Corphish, they don't find out about Pokabu until the latter half.

And did the summary really say the battle club didn't take place near a city/town (you know anime exclusive)?

I guess we'll really have to wait until BW006's title to find out, because I know that Ash would have to catch Pokabu before catching Tsutarja since Pokabu is used against Tsutarja. And so Pokabu's trainer no matter who it is, is catching Tsutarja, since Pokabu was seen in a rocky gray area which is the same place we see someone catching Tsutarja.

I haven't seen Pokabu vs. Tsutarja. Just Mijumaru and Pikachu vs. Tsutarja, what preview was it?

Oh so since the title is vs. the trio monkeys, then it has to be Ash with Pokabu then since it seems like it'd be too much time for Ash to witness another character's Pokabu in a match vs. Boappu. Right?

I don't know where the Battle Club is at but I just feel that the atmosphere of Pokabu's capture is different than the Battle Club episode so we'll see how Ash possibly ends up with Pokabu.

My other guess how Pokabu goes with Ash. It actually gets captured before Mijumaru. Why? There's a scene with Ash, Iris, and I guess Makomo? with officer Jenny at a city. And there's scenes with Iris interacting with Pokabu and Pikachu in a similar manner in a similar enviornment...could Ash get one during the Iris and Kibago episode? Maybe. But if it's just Ash vs. the three waiters and Pokabu is his, Pokabu would have to be caught in either episode 2 or 4.

Anyway, if all three monkeys are battling Ash, I wonder how the battle will go. Will Ash need to beat all the waiters or beat 2 out of 3? My guess for match ups:
- Mamepato vs. Hiayappu
- Pokabu vs. Boappu
- Mijumaru vs. Yanappu

if it's 2/3, I could see Pokabu lose so by the time it's Mijumaru vs. Yanappu, there's more at stake for Ash since he'd have 1 win and 1 loss and would need to win the last match to get the badge.

Silver_Seoul

Why should Ash have Pokabu by the fifth episode? As much as I'm okay with him getting it, we seriously want Ash to have four/five Pokemon by the fifth episode?

Why should Ash have Pokabu by the fifth episode? As much as I'm okay with him getting it, we seriously want Ash to have four/five Pokemon by the fifth episode?

Well when it says VS. Boappu, Hiyappu, Yanappu, it's likely that Ash will vs. all the waiters with Dento being last.

And since Pokabu is going up against Boappu, it only makes sense.

Besides, Ash had Pikachu, Aipom, Starly, and Turtwig pretty early in DP.

ssquaderi8

it could just be that this is the episode where ash and iris meet the trio and dento decides that he will join the crew and the battle could be next episode or the one after that. btw pikachu was seen battling the fire monkey so i dont think ash has mamepoto yet, but that leaves the question, who is the 3rd pokemon of ash's unless he brought one from kanto. The first time ash sees the new joy in isshu he has 2 pokeballs and pikachu, one contains mijimaru sowhos the other one?

Anyways, yea.

ssquaderi8

it could just be that this is the episode where ash and iris meet the trio and dento decides that he will join the crew and the battle could be next episode or the one after that. btw pikachu was seen battling the fire monkey so i dont think ash has mamepoto yet, but that leaves the question, who is the 3rd pokemon of ash's unless he brought one from kanto. The first time ash sees the new joy in isshu he has 2 pokeballs and pikachu, one contains mijimaru sowhos the other one?

Anyways, yea.

BM14murph

Master Collector

Anyways, yea.

Mamepato is the other one mate

I suppose that makes sens in BW004 seeing Futachimaru Vs Janoby as they were seen on the beta artoek alongside the trainer from that episode

Well Ash will have Pokabu by this episode as we've seen him battling in the gym on the same field where Mijumaru battles so i say it's safe to assume that Ash will capture him by this episode

In the latest preview it looks like Ash catches all 3 starters around the same episode he just seems to be catching Pokemon when he sees them at a rapid rate, Mijumaru looks like the only one which will have a storyline to be caught

dman_dustin

I haven't seen Pokabu vs. Tsutarja. Just Mijumaru and Pikachu vs. Tsutarja, what preview was it?

Well you actually don't see Pokabu vs Tsutarja but the previews heavily imply it (I mean you would have to be naive to think otherwise).

There are two scenes to look at:

1. In the starter only Best Wishes Preview you first see Pokabu (after Mijumaru and Tsutarja clips) in a place with gray rocks near some grass and trees.

2. In an early preview one that depicts all the starter captures, you'll see Tsutarja being caught in a very, very, very similar area as Pokabu, the only difference seems to be the vegetation seems to be off in the distance (but this could be because of how the battle will go that might lead to being out away from the vegetation).

3. In the newest preview (the one that aired a few days ago on Thursday), you will see a Pokemon being caught in the same area Tsutarja was shown with a Poke ball being thrown at it an area with gray rocks.

So this means:

A. Ash fails to capture Tsutarja with Mijumaru and Pikachu (because those were brown rocks not gray which is where Tsutarja is being captured), which means Team Rocket likely interfers at this point or perhaps while Pikachu is under attracts spell Tsutarja runs away.

B. If Tsutarja is Ash's that would mean he is the one using Pokabu later (the part where he does capture Tsutarja). It would be highly unlikely that Pokabu's trainer fails at catching Tsutarja since its in the same exact place its being caught (and I don't see anyone being a jerk and stealing it, especially since Ash did bond with Tsutarja earlier with the whole Mijumaru and Pikachu vs Tsutarja).

This means either Ash only gets Mijumaru or he gets all the starter Pokemon. Ash can't just catch two because the evidence above that links Pokabu to Tsutarja (the location Tsutarja is being caught) and it would be entirely a jerkish thing to do if Dento caught Tsutarja just for the heck of it (Tsutarja was being playful towards Ash's Pokemon and thus would already be developing a bond towards, this is unlike Khoury's Gible since Ash never really got to battle it) so if the writers fail on this I'm going to be rather disappointed. That said if Pokabu belongs to Iris it would probably mean that she would get Tsutarja as well, since again I doubt Pokabu's trainer would fail at catching Tsutarja in the same location its being caught. Unless in fact Tsutarja doesn't want to go to Iris but does want to go with Ash (because she bonded with him earlier) but I just don't see why Iris would want to catch Tsutarja especially if Ash tried to catch it earlier. I know she has an affinity to dragon type Pokemon (the games) and Jaroda is dragon like but then why have Ash bond with Tsutarja at all? Why not have Iris be interested in Tsutarja from the beginning. Likewise with Dento.

And if Ash does catch all starter Pokemon; it means he would catch them in reverse order to the Pokedex: Mijumaru is obviously first, unless Ash catches Pokabu in Episode 2 which seems unlikely to me, Pokabu would then be next, and finally Tsutarja (likely BW006 to BW010).

If the title says VS Monkey Trio it is highly unlikely that Ash will not get the gym badge in that episode unless its a two parter (BW005 introduces the triplets and ends with Mijumaru vs Yanappu, while BW006 is the conclusion and Dento deciding to travel with Ash and saying goodbye to his brothers).

^ Now I see what you're saying. I don't think that the preview necessarily means Pokabu is Ash's because Tsutarja could always be a troublemaker and Ash, Iris, and Dento need to keep it in control until Ash finally catches it in the end. I mean I do think at this point, Pokabu is likely Ash's and what you say is true, it's just that the way the preview is presented...it's not the best evidence.

With that said, the reason why I think Pokabu is Ash's because this title implies that Ash battles all three monkeys. And since Pokabu is battling Boappu, logic says that Pokabu has to be Ash's pokemon.

Now I wonder who Ash will battle first. Poddo or Koon? Ash wiil definitely battle Dento last since he's like the leader of the trio.

thebluemarc

King of the World
I posted a picture a while ago which semi-proves that POKABU is indeed the mysterious Pokemon perhaps pestering the Battle Club.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
For some reason I have the suspicion Mijumaru evolves in the gym battle episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.