• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW005 - Baoppu, Hiyappu, Yanappu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't care. Pokabu is too cute. I want Ash to catch it. He always seems handle fire types better than anything.

Torpoleon

The Futachimaru & Janobii we saw were the ones from BW004 in the Battle Club and are not in this episode. Besides, that would be too fast of an evolution, especially since Ash would probably get Tsutarja after the Sanyou City Gym.

I guess Sanyou City isn't too far from Kanako Town, unless if the Elemental Monkey Pokémon just debut randomly in this episode.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I can't wait for this episode, the Elemental Monkeys are so cool! I'm thinking that Dent will be travelling with Ash by the end of it, or at least the end of BW006.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I guess Sanyou City isn't too far from Kanako Town, unless if the Elemental Monkey Pokémon just debut randomly in this episode.

Imagine if it the episode where in the game, the guy near Sanyou City gives away free monkeys but I doubt it, it would be wierd to show the monkeys and then have the species appear again in a 1-2 episodes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Imagine if it the episode where in the game, the guy near Sanyou City gives away free monkeys but I doubt it, it would be wierd to show the monkeys and then have the species appear again in a 1-2 episodes.

Not too weird of a concept, is it? Haven't similar things happened before? A new Pokemon is introduced and then is re-introduced a few episodes later? I think that was the case with Torkoal in Hoenn. Anyway, I really think this Baoppu, Hiyappu, and Yanappu episode takes place in Sanyou City and is the first episode of the Dento arc focusing on his personality and interests. It just looks like Ash and Iris got there earlier than I would have thought :p

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
This battle makes me wonder about Pokabu seen in the gym battle. I think that Ash doesn't need two or three starters. It's been awhile since he last had a non starter Fire pokemon, even though I do know that fire starters are very strong.

One of the things I didn't like in Sinnoh was Chimchar's unlimited spotlight.

thebluemarc

King of the World
It has been a while was like Hoenn, two sagas ago. Torkoal says hello!

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Ash never got a grass type that has not been a starter so far. I personally hope that he gets a non-grass and a non-fire starer.
Anyway back on topic, in the games the gym leaders have another poke'mon aside from the elemental monkey(can't remember the name). Any idea if it'll appear in this episode belonging to Dento or his brothers, or maybe he'll catch it later on.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Well he's pretty much confirmed to get Pokabu so that's out of the window anyway

I'd say we will just see the 3 monkeys face off against Ash's 3 starters as they wouldn't have more than 3 on 3 for a 1st gym battle really

Waterpokes

So Ash is getting Pokabu? He might as well just get Tsutjara too, now that we're going back to Kanto. I'm stoked for Best Wishes, but seriously? I am seeing a problem with Ash getting two starters, maybe even three, if that is even confirmed?

They can't handle two starters, just look at Turtwig and Chimchar. I won't say Turtwig was handled terrible, but Chimchar was basically the star on that team, overshadowing poor Turtwig. Just look at Kanto and Johto. Totodille was crap in Johto, and Charizard was the almighty god of Kanto, and Charizard was not treated in the same level as Squirte and Bulbasaur. Not that is a problem, since I like Charizard.

Anywho, I was actually hoping for Ash to get Baippu, the Fire Monkey. Cuz they could follow the games and give that to him. Then again, I'm sick of monkeys. Doesn't help that out of the two monkeys in Sinnoh, my favorite (Aipom) leaves and the other one (Chimchar) takes the spotlight.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well he's pretty much confirmed to get Pokabu so that's out of the window anyway

I'd say we will just see the 3 monkeys face off against Ash's 3 starters as they wouldn't have more than 3 on 3 for a 1st gym battle really

I'm a bit confused; where was it confirmed that Ash will get Pokabu? And then Tsutarja? I would agree that the Sanyou City Gym battle would include Ash facing Dento and his brothers with three Starter Pokemon, but since I haven't seen too many indications that Ash would even have those two other Starter Pokemon, I can't really be sure it'll happen.

dman_dustin

Even if there is quite a bit of evidence towards Ash getting all 3 starters, unless he catches Pokabu and Tsutarja in the same episode (or roughly in the same episode, Or Ash catches Pokabu earlier than BW004) than Ash isn't going to have Tsutarja until after he earns his badge. He might use Pokabu and Mijumaru but I honestly doubt Ash will have all three by this episode. If this had been BW007 and BW005 and BW006 were still unknown, I might agree but I think its a little too early for Ash to have all starter Pokemon by this episode.

And so if Ash does have 4 Pokemon by this episode, I really hope Ash's Pikachu sits out, so Mamepato can beat "Hiyappu" which would be really nice.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Well it's not confirmed ash is getting Pokabu but anyway i hope ash faces all of the gym leaders.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Hopefully we'll get the confirmation on Ash's team sooner. I really wanted Mampeto to get a role in this battle too.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/427970.jpg

I've tried to translate the summary episode (BW005), but bear in mind this is not 100% correct.

Ash has arrived to the first gym of Isshu region that is in Sanyo city. In the city he met a pokemon sommelier (waiter who manages and is an expert on wine) named Dento that guide him to Sanyo gym, Ash jumps in. There, what a surprising scene (could be also arena) is waiting for him !?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/427970.jpg

I've tried to translate the summary episode (BW005), but bear in mind this is not 100% correct.

Ash has arrived to the first gym of Isshu region that is in Sanyo city. In the city he met a pokemon sommelier (waiter who manages and is an expert on wine) named Dento that guide him to Sanyo gym, Ash jumps in. There, what a surprising scene (could be also arena) is waiting for him !?

Sweet description! So I guess Dento has all three elemental monkeys then.

Status
Not open for further replies.