• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW009 - Out of Control Pendoraa! Rescue Kibago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverFlame

Pendora is one of my favorites, so I'm happy for this episode. It's too bad that it will most likely be portrayed as a typical bad guy Pokemon though.

And there you go, people who were complaining about Iris and Kibago. Kibago is in the spotlight.

Araleon

Chill
Oh, I was kind of looking forward to Shooti and Adeku and Meraruba.

But hey, Kibago! And giant centipede!

Teshub

Banned
Does anyone remember any parallel to previous episodes? I can't think of any definite example, but I think it was common for certain pokemon to get lost and 99.1% of the time it is some misunderstanding in the trainers part. In reality the pokemon were helping each other find some item. So don't be deceived by the title as yet.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Does anyone remember any parallel to previous episodes? I can't think of any definite example, but I think it was common for certain pokemon to get lost and 99.1% of the time it is some misunderstanding in the trainers part. In reality the pokemon were helping each other find some item. So don't be deceived by the title as yet.

Ugh, I hate those kind of episodes, where the Pokemon is indeed good and is a saint. I want the Pokemon to be EVIL!!!!!!

Imagine it takes Kibago to a bunch of other Pendoraa/base forms for lunch.....>:]

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think there's a good chance that the Pendoraa in this episode really will be evil, or at least as evil as the anime would allow haha. It certainly looks evil in the games so I don't see why it shouldn't be in the anime. I just hate how the anime tries to turn even the most vicious Pokemon, into cute and soft little Pokemon. Personally, I'm hoping someone catches the Pendoraa as I've said before, just for laughs.

Last edited:

Teshub

Banned
Ugh, I hate those kind of episodes, where the Pokemon is indeed good and is a saint. I want the Pokemon to be EVIL!!!!!!

Imagine it takes Kibago to a bunch of other Pendoraa/base forms for lunch.....>:]

They save the evil (or just conflicted) pokemon for the movies, not going to happen in the anime.

Kibago is doing things in these episodes, but he is usually takes the dormant role. He is very different from Piplup, more like togepi in terms of vulnerability.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I think there's a good chance that the Pendoraa in this episode really will be evil, or at least as evil as the anime would allow haha. It certainly looks evil in the games so I don't see why it shouldn't be in the anime. I just hate how the anime tries to turn even the most vicious Pokemon, into cute and soft little Pokemon. Personally, I'm hoping someone catches the Pendoraa as I've said before, just for laughs.

Nooooo not a capture episode.>_< It's really starting to get annoying how people think a capture will happen in every episode, minus the gym battle episodes, nobody was dumb enough to say some one would get one of the monkeys... but anyways, I hope it will be bad but I dont want anybody to get it. It will probably be character development for Iris & Kibago, which is all what he could ask for.

ijea4444

From TV Japan TV Guide.

「暴走ペントラ―!キバゴを救え!」

11th November
BW009 - Out of Control Pendoraa! Rescue Kibago!!

There is no summary yet.

As mentioned by Maganon in the previous BW009 thread, the previous title was a fake.

Someone else pointed out to me, the name is ペンドラー, not ペントラ―. Did you copy and paste the title from TV Japan TV Guide's website? Or did you just re-type this yourself? If it was a copy and paste this informations creditability could be hurt.

thunderblade12

Well this sucks. The other title seemed much better. Is Kibago ever going to be more than the damsel in distress?

Usually I'd complain about what seems like the second useless filler within the first ten episodes, but considering we haven't gotten Sugimori art for most of the new pokemon yet I guess I can let it slide. Keep Team Rocket out of this and let Pendoraa be the antagonist of the episode IMO.

Come on guys...the writers will never make a Pokemon evil.

And Spiritomb. That thing was a ****.

De HotShot Mon

Smack Down time
Come on guys...the writers will never make a Pokemon evil.

...'cept Ariados.

And Teddiursa in UnBEARable. And that Togepi in Sinnoh. And Paul's Electivire.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Sp, instead of Champion episode we get... this?

Two idiotic boring filler episodes showing two awful ugly Pokemon. Why even bother?

Here is your "fast pace", people.

If you think that we'll get to the second Gym this year, I'm gonna laugh in your face.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Two idiotic boring filler episodes showing two awful ugly Pokemon. Why even bother?

Mon dieu. These two episodes aren't Filler right off the bat. There seems to be a lot of character development for Kibago in this episode, and heck, maybe even a capture (of Pendoraa) since so many characters are catching new Pokemon in early BW. Also, Shooti most likely appears in the next episode and probably battles Ash; how the heck is that Filler? Those things wouldn't make any of these two episodes Filler at all. It's rather irritating when people simply label an episode as "Filler" just because it's not a Gym battle or something similar. Just give the episode a chance before you label it at least.

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
There seems to be a lot of character development for Kibago in this episode

Character development doesn't make an episode non-filler. Also, this is one of the purposes of fillers (aside from showcasing certain Pokemon).

and heck, maybe even a capture (of Pendoraa) since so many characters are catching new Pokemon in early BW.

God. Why does everyone say "OMG! [Insert a character] will catch a [Insert a Pokemon] in this episodeah!!111111" every freakin' time a new title is revealed. You really treat that "Faster pace" thing too seriously.

It's much safer to label the episode as filler than as a capture. I'm sure that nobody will catch something as random as Pendra. Also, you've forgotten that it's a final evolutionary stage. The times when Ash was catching evolved Pokemon are over.

And the past experiences with Pokemon anime have taught me that such random-sounding titles like this one always mean the same thing - a filler.

In DP times everyone was saying "This is DP" to throw the logic out of window. Now everyone is saying "This is BW and its faster pace" for the same purpose.

DP didn't bring anything THAT surprising (maybe except Barry), nor will BW. Old logic still apllies. The fact that Brock is finally gone and that TR got new uniforms doesn't change that. It's the same thing.

Also, Shooti most likely appears in the next episode and probably battles Ash; how the heck is that Filler?

First of all - Shooty, not Shooti. Bulbapedia is an unruly place with double standards, run by a bunch of people who don't respect their own rules. The fact that it uses "Shooti" doesn't mean that it's a good spelling.

Also, an appearance of a rival doesn't make an episode non-filler. If they just battle with each other and then say goodbye, this contributes nothing to the plot. Fillers don't have to be Twerps + TR + CoTD. A recurring character may appear as well.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Sp, instead of Champion episode we get... this?

Here is your "fast pace", people.

If you think that we'll get to the second Gym this year, I'm gonna laugh in your face.

You seriously didnt read the ****ing titles how the hell does possible development of a character pokemon and a ****ing rival battle are ****ing fillers.

For **** sake, ****ing idiotic people.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I call filler doubt there will be character development. First episode title where i doubt there will be a capture.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Nooooo not a capture episode.>_< It's really starting to get annoying how people think a capture will happen in every episode, minus the gym battle episodes, nobody was dumb enough to say some one would get one of the monkeys... but anyways, I hope it will be bad but I dont want anybody to get it. It will probably be character development for Iris & Kibago, which is all what he could ask for.

It's really not to weird of a thing to speculate about that now is it? Were not speculating on Ash capturing anything, but more or less it's fair game for Jessie and James, as they don't have any pokemon aside from Koromori and to a certain extent Meowth.

Come on guys...the writers will never make a Pokemon evil... 'cept Ariados.

And Tentacruel.. And some crazy Zangoose..

Character development doesn't make an episode non-filler. Also, this is one of the purposes of fillers (aside from showcasing certain Pokemon).DP didn't bring anything THAT surprising (maybe except Barry), nor will BW. Old logic still apllies. The fact that Brock is finally gone and that TR got new uniforms doesn't change that. It's the same thing.

First of all - Shooty, not Shooti. Bulbapedia is an unruly place with double standards, run by a bunch of people who don't respect their own rules. The fact that it uses "Shooti" doesn't mean that it's a good spelling.

Purpose of fillers? Fillers have no purpose.. other then to stretch out and showcase pokemon, character development doesn't belong in those realms, be them human or pokemon..

DP took a lot of the standards and changed them.. A female lead getting the better endposition in their respective areas? A trade? A character driven plot arc spanning acros 188 episodes? NEVER BEFORE...

And it's Shootii, Japanese don't use a Y at the end of names.. And you pronounce it as Shitty.. Just listen to Araragi in the animé..

You seriously didnt read the ****ing titles how the hell does possible development of a character pokemon and a ****ing rival battle are ****ing fillers.

For **** suck, ****ing idiotic people.

Calm down.. I know she's a troll, but still.. I'm gonna like this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.