• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW009 - Out of Control Pendoraa! Rescue Kibago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Yeah! Pendora, baby! Can't wait to see u on anime!

I seriously hope Ash will catch it... probably not gonna happen but anyway looking 4ward to see this ep! =D

Teshub

Banned
It might be nice for Ash to get Pendoraa to complete his team. Because he never had a psychic Pokemon yet.

Pendolar is a bug/poison type, not psychic. It's also not on Ash's alley, or anyone elses for that matter.

FlyAsADunsparce

Jessie better catches that Pendoraa. That'd be so awesome. I can totally see it happening. Pendoraa kidnaps Kibago and takes it to it's lair or something like that. Jessie sees that and wants to steal the Kibago, but in the end she ends up with Pendoraa.

gliscor&yanmega

What a shame, I wanted to see Adeku. Oh well, hopefully he and the Elite Four appear like in Sinnoh.

Well the title pretty much gives it away to what's going to happen. Pendoraa takes Kibago and is in danger and needs to be rescue. But who knows, maybe something completely different will happen.

In the end it will probably be all a misunderstanding and Pendoraa was just trying to protect it's kids or something. I'm glad we get to see Pendoraa now, I like it.

TicoPokemonMaster

Yeah,but this early in the saga...it won't get any character development...it would be stupid:|

Well say Ash catches it, it fully evolved meaning it evolved on its own. By it getting caught it might not listen to Ash ala Charizard. The character development could be how he tries to make it listen to him

HoennMaster

Oh boy, don't tell me this is all Kibago is going to do...being put in danger.

Anyway, I'm excited, it sounds like it will be a cool episode.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I LOVE Pendoraa, and why does everyone wants to eat/kill poor Kibago? XD
Perhaps Kibago smells delicious or something. Maybe from all those berries it keeps eating all the time.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It is Shuutii, then. And Tsutaaja (not Tsutarja), Zoroaaku (not Zoroark), Airisu (not Iris) Zekuromu (not Zekrom) etc. Those are direct Romaji spellings. But we are not talking about direct Romaji here, but the ones that reflect the name meaning. Most people use these.

Who's the "she" you're talking about?

Seriously, how does putting 'Y' at the end of the name reflect the meaning of the name more then a 'i', or a 'ii'? The only reason why you put an 'Y' at the end is because american names end on an 'Y'.. Jenny, Barry, Katy etc. When someones named Kati it somehow makes it more exotic..

With that little text pointing towards your avatar saying 'True Johto Girl', I assumed that you are in fact a girl as the avatar was somehow in a long long past designed as the place where people could show a picture that somehow represented themselves.. And even if you are not a girl, and thus I made a mistake, I still found your post a bit trollish. People get annoyed with the constant labelling of episodes as filler, and it (to me) seemed that you were deliberatly trying to spark a small flame..

No, people should stop predicting goddamn captures that will never happen in each new episode. And stop treating that "fast pace" thing so seriously.

Fillers are much likely to happen and it's very naive to think that we won't get too many of them.

This is what I meant in that previous little paragraph.. We're not speculating on captures, with the 'fast pace' thing in mind. We're also not as much denying the possibility of these episodes being a filler, we just want to speculate on what we think that could happen, before setting are minds up for this episode to have nothing to contribute.

If you speculate on an episode to be filler, then what is there left to speculate about? You already state right of the bat that there's nothing going to happen in this episode and therefore kill off any other sort of discussion.. That's far more annoying in an episode discussion thread then speculating something that could be a possibility..

Lets put that mindwork in a framework:

Might this episode have a capture in it? Yes: COOL! No: Lets see what anything else there could be.
Might this episode have a recurring character in it? Yes: COOL! No: Lets see what anything else there could be.
Might this episode have an important plot point in it: Yes: COOL! No: Lets see what anything else there could be.
Might this episode have an evolution driven plot in it: Yes: COOL! No: Lets see what anything else there could be.
Might this episode be filler: Yes: This is gonna suck as nothing of the above is going to happen... No: Something of the above is going to happen! YAY!!

It's essentially you seeing nothing of worth in an episode which is quite annoying to somebody who may still want to watch it and want to talk about their ideas of what could happen that could be important.

Lastly. We're in the part of the animé where captures do happen a lot more often then fillers.. Ash is the best served, so he'll be unlikely to capture anything, but by the time this time in kanto (episode 9), all of Ash's friends had 3 pokemon, and now both of them have just a single pokemon, and James has none. That leads us to believe that a capture could be right around the corner for them.

We are not speculating on loose claims but on what has been set as the standard in previous series.

Well say Ash catches it, it fully evolved meaning it evolved on its own. By it getting caught it might not listen to Ash ala Charizard. The character development could be how he tries to make it listen to him

Good idea, but it still doesn't equate for the loss of promotional revenue that a basic stage pokemon could get..

I LOVE Pendoraa, and why does everyone wants to eat/kill poor Kibago? XD

Because Kibago taste like green ham and eggs?

Rubbish plot device says hello.

Fix'd.

HEHEHEHE! :p

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Perhaps Kibago smells delicious or something. Maybe from all those berries it keeps eating all the time.

Lol, Kibago smelling good seems kind of odd in retrospect though. I really doubt that'll be the reason why Pendoraa tries to attack it and/or kidnap it. I think the writers will be creative and give us some cool new explaination or something. They can't keep recycling old plot devices all the time. On a related note, is it Pendoraa or Pendra? I've heard both :S

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I think it's Pendoraa, Though Pendra sounds nice.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Lol, Kibago smelling good seems kind of odd in retrospect though. I really doubt that'll be the reason why Pendoraa tries to attack it and/or kidnap it. I think the writers will be creative and give us some cool new explaination or something. They can't keep recycling old plot devices all the time. On a related note, is it Pendoraa or Pendra? I've heard both :S

Pendoraa is the way it is supposed to be written, but I think it's the exact same case as Dorapion and Drapion.. Dorapion is the Japanese way.. But they trickled it down to Drapion in localizing the matter.. So people are copying this logic. Anyway, I'll laugh hard if this centipede crawls out of a box! Get it? Pendoraa's Box! Hihi! So FunNy!1 xD

Then again I still don't get why they recalled Scorpi Skorupi in English.. I think they really just made a mistake and just went with it! Same reason why I can't understand why they didn't just took the romaji for Bibarel, which would be Beadull, which made so much more sense then Bibarel did.. xD

Torpoleon

I suppose it doesn't matter. Pendora is kind of surprising. I wouldn't have expected to see it this early. Looks like Iris is starting to get a little love.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Okay so Im gonna say that this is a filler cuz think about it pendora is a fully evolved pokemon. Who at this point in time has enough pokepower to catch it??? or battle it in that case?? not jessie cuz korimori would get raped, not james cuz the only pokemon he might have is a darumakka, not iris cuz it's eating her kibago lol, and dento only has a yanappu. THe only person I could see even battling this thing is Ash and thats just because of Pikachu cuz lets face it mijumaru's afraid of a green monkey, pokabu might be able to do something but probably not, mamepato can't even fly straight. Tsutaja might be able to confuse it with attract concidering Ash captures it so ya I see this being Pikachu saving the day and actually doing something for once or I could see Iris busting out some suprise pokemon that she had and saving the day.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm guessing it's a filler, but it may be a capture episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm guessing it's a filler, but it may be a capture episode.

Even if this episode isn't a capture episode, it still might feature Kibago using a new move, in which case, it wouldn't be Filler. A Filler generally does nothing to progress the plot but if Kibago will be the star of this episode and it finally gets a chance to shine, I think it's a safe bet that the events in this episode could contribute to Kibago's character later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.