• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW009 - Out of Control Pendoraa! Rescue Kibago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
read post above , It means they will get prominent episodes, it doesn't mean they will get captured or not.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok so I'm hoping we see mamepato in this episode since the little bird needs air I mean come on how long has it been like 5 episodes and nothing. I just hope it's female though because in my opinion the male final evolution looks terrible. It's just to colorful for my taste. The female form looks much better in my opinion. Anyway I don't think anybody will be capturing Pendora in this episode because I think it's too soon in the series for anybody to be capturing fully evolved pokemon. I doubt it will be a filler since I'm pretty sure we will finally see Kibago do something besides eat berries lol or mamepato will appear so either way I can't see this episode being a filler.

thebluemarc

King of the World
Pendora is 2.5 meters in height.
Bellsprout is 0.7 meters in heght.

Anyway don't be mislead by 2.5 meters because it accounts for the body length not exactly the difference of it's head to the ground. Notice that Jalorda's height is 3.3 meters which impossibly accounts for the difference between the top of his head to the ground.

For Pendoraa to stand, more than 50% should be distributed to the lower portion parallel to the ground meaning Pendoraa could easily stand on just 1.0 meter at most.

Using the picture you shown Muk is twice as tall as Bellsprout meaning Muk should at least be 1.4 in height, somewhat comparable to Pendoraa's 1.0 to 1.2 when it stands.

kickachu

Momentai!
Personally I hope James gets Pendoraa that way he could get a bug time of his own instead of borrowing Jessie's for competitions

Waterpokes

Ok so I'm hoping we see mamepato in this episode since the little bird needs air I mean come on how long has it been like 5 episodes and nothing. I just hope it's female though because in my opinion the male final evolution looks terrible. It's just to colorful for my taste. The female form looks much better in my opinion. Anyway I don't think anybody will be capturing Pendora in this episode because I think it's too soon in the series for anybody to be capturing fully evolved pokemon. I doubt it will be a filler since I'm pretty sure we will finally see Kibago do something besides eat berries lol or mamepato will appear so either way I can't see this episode being a filler.

5 episodes is nothing. If I remember right, Jessie's Lickytung appeared like 17 episodes after it's capture. If Mamepato didn't appear in 15-20 episodes, then complaining makes sense, even though complaining is just awful to listen to anway, but 5 episodes? Have some control. It's not the end of the world, and this is coming from a Mamepato-fan! Heck, my avatar is even Mamepato! I am that big of a fan! I like Mamepato, and it sucks that it can't show up and turn the episode from a decent episode to an amazing episode.

And Mamepato's final evolution should be male cuz the mask looks awful.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
5 episodes is nothing. If I remember right, Jessie's Lickytung appeared like 17 episodes after it's capture. If Mamepato didn't appear in 15-20 episodes, then complaining makes sense, even though complaining is just awful to listen to anway, but 5 episodes? Have some control. It's not the end of the world, and this is coming from a Mamepato-fan! Heck, my avatar is even Mamepato! I am that big of a fan! I like Mamepato, and it sucks that it can't show up and turn the episode from a decent episode to an amazing episode.

And Mamepato's final evolution should be male cuz the mask looks awful.

Ok it may sound like I'm complaining but I'm just saying look how many times his other pokemon have appeared so far, it would be cool if we could see mamepato develope too.

Also which one's mask looks awful?? the female or the male??

Waterpokes

Uhmmm...the male has a pink mask>.>

Screw what I said. Mamepato better be female! Good thing I never catch any starter bird in any regions cuz if I did, I would most likely get a guy with a pink mask.

And let's check the apperances:

Pikachu: 5/5
Mijumaru: 5/5
Pokabu: 2/2
Mamepato: 1/4

Let's compare Mamepato with previous starter birds that Ash has, based on the first 10 episodes after it's capture (capture episode counts)

Pidgeotto: 6/10
Noctowl: 4/10
Taillow: 9/10
Starly: 9/10

So basing on previous starter birds, Mamepato has the worst so far. But if Mamepato appears in Ep 6, Ep 7, Ep 8, Ep 9, Ep 10 and Ep 11, it will have 7 appearances in it's 10 first episodes. And it's not like all the birds did much. I can't really remember any of them doing anything note worthy, except for their debut episode and maybe Pidgeotto's battle in Brock's gym and Starly's evolution.

dman_dustin

Muk could stretch, and never ever was a main team member.. And take a look at this, obviously Bellsprout are comparible in size to something called the Mega Centipede that according to you has around the same size of the Muk in this picture...

I'm not sure using Muk of that old makes any sense, considering Muk is like now as big as Ash or bigger possibly, I suppose if you were using that picture because it was near the time of its capture, then fine. But still Muk isn't exactly a small Pokemon. And then what about Snorlax, even if it didn't have its Munchlax pre-evolution time, it's still pretty much Ash's biggest Pokemon and he caught it as is. So I guess if Pendra was a stand alone, Ash catching it would be more believable?

And while I do agree that Ash won't catch Pendra (honestly if the writers had to have Ash catch a sixth Pokemon at this stage, I'm pretty sure something else would've made more sense). Heck even though I don't want it, Ash catching Ishizumai would be preferable over fully evolved Pendra. Of course there's a problem though, if Ash were to hypothetically catch Pendra, why wouldn't Ash catch it if he had 6 Pokemon already. Do they really want us to believe he'll keep Pendra on his team for X amount of episodes.

Though I do agree on one thing though, Ash shouldn't catch Pendra and keep it on his team. I mean just imagine Ash sending out Pendra against possible Shooti in the next episode, Pendra does give Ash an unfair advantage over Shooti should it actually listen to him, assuming Pendra isn't weak.

And I'll say it again if anyone catches it then Iris would make more sense since her Kibago is directly involved with the episode. But some people disagreed.

And no on Mamepato evolving unless it beats Pendra as in swirly eyes (it would still be more than what Taillow or Starly ever did in the anime before evolving).

Edit: And why is the Pink Mask so horrible, have you seen what a female Kenhorou looks like (ignoring Sugimori art) that thing is the most hideous looking bird I have ever seen. Thank God that the Pink Mask will save it from being the ugliest bird Ash has ever had. I hope the writers don't screw it up.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Personally I hope James gets Pendoraa that way he could get a bug time of his own instead of borrowing Jessie's for competitions

How often has James "borrowed" Jessie's Bug-type Pokemon in the past, exactly? I don't remember it happening too often. Anyway, I don't think he needs such a big Pokemon. Compare Pendoraa to Jessie's Koromori, and there's a big difference. Jessie normally gets bigger Pokemon than James anyway so it would fit better with her, if anything. Not that I want this enraged Pendoraa to go to her, but if I had to choose between Jessie and James, I would choose Jessie.

Anyway, I don't see Mamepato doing anything in this episode. Though I also hope it's female; I hate that mask on the male.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Screw what I said. Mamepato better be female! Good thing I never catch any starter bird in any regions cuz if I did, I would most likely get a guy with a pink mask.

Let's compare Mamepato with previous starter birds that Ash has, based on the first 10 episodes after it's capture (capture episode counts)

So basing on previous starter birds, Mamepato has the worst so far. But if Mamepato appears in Ep 6, Ep 7, Ep 8, Ep 9, Ep 10 and Ep 11, it will have 7 appearances in it's 10 first episodes. And it's not like all the birds did much. I can't really remember any of them doing anything note worthy, except for their debut episode and maybe Pidgeotto's battle in Brock's gym and Starly's evolution.

Well it's a good thing you see it my way. The male bird is just plain ugly I mean it's green and red and looks nothing like it's previous evolutions. I wish they would of made the final evolution look cool like staraptor or the other final evolutions. In my opinion Kenhorou is the worst final evolution of all the regional birds. I actually like all the rest of the birds except of Doduo and Dodrio but even their better then Kenhorou.

ijea4444

Those numbers are completely useless unless you factor in the amount of pokemon in Ash's team total. By BW10 ash will have had 4 pokemon and possibly 5 pokemon.

There are more factors to appearences then just "when was the last time it appeared/how much eps in a certain amount of time".

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Pendora is 2.5 meters in height.
Bellsprout is 0.7 meters in heght.

Anyway don't be mislead by 2.5 meters because it accounts for the body length not exactly the difference of it's head to the ground. Notice that Jalorda's height is 3.3 meters which impossibly accounts for the difference between the top of his head to the ground.

For Pendoraa to stand, more than 50% should be distributed to the lower portion parallel to the ground meaning Pendoraa could easily stand on just 1.0 meter at most.

Using the picture you shown Muk is twice as tall as Bellsprout meaning Muk should at least be 1.4 in height, somewhat comparable to Pendoraa's 1.0 to 1.2 when it stands.

I know about how the snakes in pokemon get their length measured, but the thing about Pendoraa is that its not going to be 1 to 1.2 meters tall as it stands, though I agree it's also not going to be 2.5m as well). Just look at the opening.. In the final shot, the thing is almost as tall as Zekrom (2.7).. And is taller then Ononokusu (1.8), you just have to account for the perspective, but it's definitely bigger..

Anyway it doesn't matter as Ash just simply isn't going to get his sixth pokemon by the ninth episode.. That and this is the world where I (6ft) would be taller then a Charizard or Blastoise, although they're portrayed as massively huge as well..

- Ash had 6 pokemon in the ten episodes after its capture: (Pikachu, Butterfree, Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle)
- Most of the captures happened at the end of this ten episode stretch, so there was ample screentime for Pidgeotto after the capture.

- Ash had 6 pokemon in the ten episodes after the capture: (Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Noctowl).
- As it was the last capture, it already had to compete with five other pokemon.

- Ash had 3 pokemon in the ten episodes after the capture: (Pikachu, Taillow, Treecko).
- It got enough chances in the first twenty episodes, though it didn't do many memorable deeds at all.

- Ash had 4 pokemon in the ten episodes after the capture: (Pikachu, Aipom, Starly, Turtwig).
- It had to share more time with three other pokemon, but got standard use.

- Ash has 4(5) pokemon in the ten episodes after the capture: (Pikachu, Mamepato, Mijumaru, Pokabu, (Tsutaja).
- Wasn't used when it could've been used, and now it has to share the screentime with three(four) other pokemon that are starters that will get more screentime simply for being just that.

In Pidgeotto's defence, it had like 8 battles in those first few episodes.. Which is actually quite a lot for a regional bird at such an early stage..

I'm not sure using Muk of that old makes any sense, considering Muk is like now as big as Ash or bigger possibly, I suppose if you were using that picture because it was near the time of its capture, then fine. But still Muk isn't exactly a small Pokemon. And then what about Snorlax, even if it didn't have its Munchlax pre-evolution time, it's still pretty much Ash's biggest Pokemon and he caught it as is. So I guess if Pendra was a stand alone, Ash catching it would be more believable?

And while I do agree that Ash won't catch Pendra (honestly if the writers had to have Ash catch a sixth Pokemon at this stage, I'm pretty sure something else would've made more sense). Heck even though I don't want it, Ash catching Ishizumai would be preferable over fully evolved Pendra. Of course there's a problem though, if Ash were to hypothetically catch Pendra, why wouldn't Ash catch it if he had 6 Pokemon already. Do they really want us to believe he'll keep Pendra on his team for X amount of episodes.

Though I do agree on one thing though, Ash shouldn't catch Pendra and keep it on his team. I mean just imagine Ash sending out Pendra against possible Shooti in the next episode, Pendra does give Ash an unfair advantage over Shooti should it actually listen to him, assuming Pendra isn't weak.

And I'll say it again if anyone catches it then Iris would make more sense since her Kibago is directly involved with the episode. But some people disagreed.

And no on Mamepato evolving unless it beats Pendra as in swirly eyes (it would still be more than what Taillow or Starly ever did in the anime before evolving).

Edit: And why is the Pink Mask so horrible, have you seen what a female Kenhorou looks like (ignoring Sugimori art) that thing is the most hideous looking bird I have ever seen. Thank God that the Pink Mask will save it from being the ugliest bird Ash has ever had. I hope the writers don't screw it up.

I could pretty much agree to this.. So case closed? Especially with the whole idea of the animé taking a lot of the length issues with a grain of salt, with what I wrote above and another example: Seviper changing sizes between episodes.

Those numbers are completely useless unless you factor in the amount of pokemon in Ash's team total. By BW10 ash will have had 4 pokemon and possibly 5 pokemon.

There are more factors to appearences then just "when was the last time it appeared/how much eps in a certain amount of time".

I'll put in those standards.. With those I still make up that Mamepato had it worst, followed by Noctowl, followed by Starly, Pidgeotto and then Taillow, although it did absolutely nothing memorable with the position it was in.

Pidgeotto was part of a three man team the first six episodes after it was caught and battled a lot in those episodes. While Mamepato did absolutely nothing in the episodes after its debut and now the next time we'll see it it will have to contend with starters, which is a horrible position to be in, as they are obviously more fleshed out most of the time. Noctowl had a similar problem, but had its shinyness to compensate, it was also the new thing, and Mamepato isn't the new thing anymore, it's the forgotten bird.. Starly is the middle child.. It didn't have a horrible position, nor did it do anything to extraordinary.. Once more, from worst to best exposition in the first ten episodes (or how far we've been thus far):

Mamepato: Was new, but isn't anymore since the starters are taking all its limelight away with backstories and interesting character quirks.. It has been undershowcased as well.
Noctowl: Got into the crew as the sixth slot and thus was the new thing, though it had the starters to contend with and stole its limelight.
Starly: Is the middle child that got its spot through the flying job, but never did anything else until it evolved.
Pidgeotto: Wasn't neglected at all and fought enough battles to stand out in the first ten episodes, after which it got backseated to the starters.
Taillow: Wasn't neglected at all, and didn't have a ton of pokemon to compete with.

kickachu

Momentai!
;269;
How often has James "borrowed" Jessie's Bug-type Pokemon in the past, exactly? I don't remember it happening too often. Anyway, I don't think he needs such a big Pokemon. Compare Pendoraa to Jessie's Koromori, and there's a big difference. Jessie normally gets bigger Pokemon than James anyway so it would fit better with her, if anything. Not that I want this enraged Pendoraa to go to her, but if I had to choose between Jessie and James, I would choose Jessie.

Anyway, I don't see Mamepato doing anything in this episode. Though I also hope it's female; I hate that mask on the male.

Don't you remember when he uses ;269; and ;469; for poke ringer in honen and sinnoh. He doesn't have a bug type of his own so this could be his chance.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Don't you remember when he uses ;269; and ;469; for poke ringer in hoenn and sinnoh. He doesn't have a bug type of his own so this could be his chance.

Your point being? He borrowed Dustox and Yanmega because they can fly.. Not because they were bugs.. Pendoraa being a bug thus has nothing to do with him borrowing Jessie's bugs... The fact that Pendoraa can't fly also gives him no reason to use it for Pokeringer..

kickachu

Momentai!
Your point being? He borrowed Dustox and Yanmega because they can fly.. Not because they were bugs.. Pendoraa being a bug thus has nothing to do with him borrowing Jessie's bugs... The fact that Pendoraa can't fly also gives him no reason to use it for Pokeringer..

Well maybe in BW they might have a different bug type competition and don't you want him to get a bug type even though it can't fly?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
;269;

Don't you remember when he uses ;269; and ;469; for poke ringer in honen and sinnoh. He doesn't have a bug type of his own so this could be his chance.

Yeah I know about that, but think about it; would the writers give him a Pokemon just so he could compete in a PokeRinger competition? How many of those do we get per region? Like one? That's not enough to warrant him capturing Pendoraa to be honest. Even if it could fly, it's still not really worth it. It would be funny to see him with Pendoraa, but also a waste of potential IMO.

Torpoleon

;269;

Didn't he only use them once a piece, mainly because they could fly and he could use them for a PokéRinger? People need to stop speculating that in every episode, someone will get a capture. I know Team Rocket is supposed to be better than in the past, but Pendoraa in BW009 is overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.