• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW010 - Rival Battle! Strong Opponent Pururiru!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The battle will be more interesting if Shooti like Ash already has more than 3 Pokemon. It will be good a 2 pokemon battle but having more than 3 will make it awesome. But I feel that it is highly unlikely though.

shac

I wonder if Shooti has already won the first badge. If he has then he might know Dento already. That would be a nice interaction in between the two.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I wonder if Shooti has already won the first badge. If he has then he might know Dento already. That would be a nice interaction in between the two.

This may actually be true, but Shooti could have an unknown badge.

Animorph

Bzzzap
Shooti would've probably battled Corn or Pod, not Dento though. I don't think that Gym leaders would remember every single one of their challenges, especially if the challenger probably didn't challenge them personally.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
1. Gym leaders do not have to be fought in a specific order in the anime
they just follow it for ash

2. You're forgetting the thousands of times that Ash's Rivals have presented badges that don't exist in the games

so the chances of him having met Dent Pod OR Corn are slim

Araleon

Chill
Was it confirmed this rival is Shooti?

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Yep It's shooti and the Pururiru is male, the annoying thing is i see this being a small battle unless shooti appears at the end of episode 9 giving it cliffhanger.

thunderblade12

I bet Shooti will only use Janovy and Pururiru. Maybe Pururiru sweeps Ash's team and that's why it's mentioned in the title; it's the main pokemon of the battle.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well that's a pretty crappy battle

I bet Shooti will only use Janovy and Pururiru. Maybe Pururiru sweeps Ash's team and that's why it's mentioned in the title; it's the main pokemon of the battle.

I was thinking something similar. Something similar to Paul's Ursaring..sweeping half of Ash's team. But it's pretty obvious Ash is gonna get crushed here.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I hope Ash won't lose so badly, but sadly that's probably what's going to happen. There are still some pokemon in the opening that hasn't appeared yet but I guess they won't waste them already here. He will lose 5-2 or 5-1.

Torpoleon

Wasn't this suppose to be a 5vs 5 pokemon battle?
What they meant was probably where Shooti would have 5 Pokémon, but only need to use Janovy & Pururiru.

Bionickai001

Hive Trainer
I wouldn't put it past the writers to have a Darkrai and Latios repeat with JAnovy and Pururiru. It's sad how it won't be as epic.... :)

pokefandt

I hope Ash won't lose so badly, but sadly that's probably what's going to happen. There are still some pokemon in the opening that hasn't appeared yet but I guess they won't waste them already here. He will lose 5-2 or 5-1.

I really hope that isn't the case, but knowing the writers, hope its at least 5-3 with Ash at least giving shooti a hard enough time to make shooti respect him a tiny bit.

Isis-sama

It seems kind of weird that the writers would treat Shooti as being so good right off the bat, considering how incompetent they've made all the other new trainers in the show seem (not only Ash, but May and Dawn as well). Maybe it will turn out Shooti has had experience with Pokemon before officially becoming a trainer, maybe helping out an older relative or something.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Saying Ash has to loose to keep the rivalry going is ridiculous, Ash can finally act as a senior trainer him beating Shooti would be the way to go to me, I dont want another Paul because like I said the hero doesnt have to looses always to the rival to keep the rivalry going, thats just cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.