• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW010 - Rival Battle! Strong Opponent Pururiru!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Ash: "Hey a Water-type. This is our chance, Pikachu, for revenge!"
Pikachu: "PIKA!"
Ash: "Use Quick Attack!"

The move failed...

Shooti: "Use Water Gun!"
Pikachu: "Pika..." *faints*

And what's good about it is that Pikachu is obviously weak against Water-types judging from today's episode. Right? ;)

Well keep in mind Ash has never seen Pururiru before and knows absolutely nothing about it, so Ash using quick attack on it would be perfectly reasonable, unless its spelled out that Pururiru is part ghost and he uses quick attack anyway.

Araleon

Chill
Oh darn. I wanted Touko to appear and have Pururiru.

Maybe it isn't Shooti?

...yeah. Not likely.

Oh well, I'm just glad we'll get to see this... thing. Haha, my opinions on most of the Pokemon are undecided until I see anime art and/or Sugimori art.

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Wow, Pururiru! I've actually been looking forward to seeing that thing in battle. But it's Shootie's? This is unexpected, I wonder if Ash will win this time? More importantly, I wonder who he will chose to battle it?

adyniz

Bulbapædist
And Ash can lose again. After pikachu's defeat today, I hope nothing. But I'd like to be wrong...

Exactly.
So what Pikachu defeated the Reggie Trio and a freaking Latios. A water type, baby form (unevolved) Hiyappu defeated him easily, So how can Ash win this time?? DAMN WRITERS, you can NOT do this? Are you out of your own mind mr.writer? I really want to say a lot of things but... This restart-Pika-Level and infinite loopy thing sucks big time.

thunderblade12

Sounds good. I guess sense we've seen Pikachu vs Janoby in the preview this is a two on two battle. Great. At least we know the rival this saga is actually appearing and fulfilling the duties of a rival.

Pikachu vs Janoby (Pikachu)
Tsutaja vs Pururiru (Pururiru)

Draw.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Sounds good. I guess sense we've seen Pikachu vs Janoby in the preview this is a two on two battle. Great. At least we know the rival this saga is actually appearing and fulfilling the duties of a rival.

Pikachu vs Janoby (Pikachu)
Tsutaja vs Pururiru (Pururiru)

Draw.

Humm I dont know if they want Janoby to loose right now, hopefully he does.

Tsutaja vs Pururiru seems reasonable, do you guys think he will have any other already revealed pokemon? it wouldnt be in the episode name since its already revealed, Darumakka would be nice for a fire type or a Meguroko, I want Mamepato to get a fight in that episode or even Pokabu/Mijumaru getting one.

BlueDragonfangirl

I was getting worried Shooti wasn't going to appear for awhile. Let's see more of him.

I agree with you, I'm hopping hey'll get as much screen time as Paul did in D/P I mean he got a good amount of attention.

Sesshomaru

This is unlikely at this point since the last episode title was fake, but maybe Shooti still has a relation to it. Pendra is ramapaging Shooti comes in captures it then we get a 3 vs. 3 battle. Then perhaps they can show the new 3 on 3 battles in the anime.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I think Shooti will appear every 10 episodes^^I guess he'll have pkmn with a royal theme...and unlike Paul,he'll fight dirty somehow since he seems a little cowardish

Nacreous

Fire trainer
How come? he beat Ash fair and square, he didnt know Pikachu was weak...

Oh,sorry...I got that idea from the previous BW009>.>the fake title...where he refused to battle Ash.But since that's not the case,I dunno...It's weird that after Paul we have a newbie as a rival>.>

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Hmm...i wonder what rival. I hope ash or dento battle the rival maybe we will se dento against a COTD.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I like the sound of a rival battle, but I am not so sure this episode would feature Shooti, though I hope otherwise. A Pururiru vs Mijumaru battle is something I'd watch.

thebluemarc

King of the World
Seriously why are people giving a big damn that the mouse lost his gym battle?

There are many factors that determines the outcome of a battle. Type advantage and experience are only a few of them. For all we know, Hiyappu is much more experienced than Pikachu. Pod, Corn and Dento aren't gym leaders for nothing. The brothers seemed more mature and even older than Ash is.

Other intangible factors: confidence level, homecourt advantage, confidence management, movepool, off-nights etc.

Experience and type aren't the end-all and be-all of battles.

BEcause if they are then what's the point of battling, what's the point of employing strategies? If that was the case then they should just have compared Dex information then give the badge with the more experienced Pokemon.

Last edited:

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Well you have a point there bluemarc, and perhaps it could be possible that Pikachu hasn't recovered 100 percent from the Zekrom incident, and might have retained only a fraction of his power.

playerking

I have to agree with thebluemarc, it's not all about type advantages.

speedygallade

Gallade Lover
Yeah, who knows? The water monkey could be more experienced than Pikachu.

I would have to agree with thebluemarc.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Ooh! The second rival battle, can't wait to see it :]

I think it's gonna be a 2 on 2, Shootie will probably use his Janoby and his new Pururiru while Ash will probably be using his Pikachu and uhm... Tsutaja, maybe...

Hope Ash will kick Shootie's butt! >=D

playerking

Where does it say the rival is shooti? Am i missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.