• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW010 - Rival Battle! Strong Opponent Pururiru!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fa7e

i really think pikachu needs to start kicking ***, they can still make ash loose but imo in every battle ash is in till he gets up to REALLY GOOD trainers pikachu should always take out a pokemon or even a few, they give pikachu such little credit, i dont think the writers realize they have have pikachu beat legendaries and loose to pokemon that probablly are like 3 days old, even if he lost some of powers he still should have plenty to beat like 4 of his rivals pokemon, thing should be a beast

Joe.

Pikachu tied with a Latios recently, it can lose for the rest of this region I don't care.

No matter what it does during Gyms and such, come league it'll be powered up and beat some more legendaries.

TicoPokemonMaster

I was ok with Shooti having a Javoby and the water/ghost thing. But Hatoobo? I remember when Shooti first appeared and was criticized and I said to give him a chance. Boy do I regret saying that now. The preview was no help. The only saving thing about the preview was seeing pikachu throw hatoobo like it was a rag doll. But having hatoobo knock out two of Ash's pokemon and not being the pokemon with it name in the title is pretty sad on Ash's part.

Isis-sama

The real reason Pikachu tends to lose so easily is so Ash's other Pokemon have a chance to show off what they can do. And really, that's probably for the best. Even though the inconsistency regarding its power (even considering it gets weakened at the start of every region) can get a bit annoying, seeing Ash's regional team get to shine is much more preferable than seeing Pikachu hog every win. Of course, it would be nice to see it take out one strong Pokemon with ease before getting KO'ed every now and then, but we all know the writers aren't really capable of things like that.

Fa7e

The real reason Pikachu tends to lose so easily is so Ash's other Pokemon have a chance to show off what they can do. And really, that's probably for the best. Even though the inconsistency regarding its power (even considering it gets weakened at the start of every region) can get a bit annoying, seeing Ash's regional team get to shine is much more preferable than seeing Pikachu hog every win. Of course, it would be nice to see it take out one strong Pokemon with ease before getting KO'ed every now and then, but we all know the writers aren't really capable of things like that.

ya i know, i dont have a problem with that, i would understand them not letting pikachu sweep but some 1v1's that pikachu looses/ties/hardly wins kinda frustrates me, this battle seems like ash's isshu pokemon get destroyed, this would be a time were i would like to see pikachu step up and beet a few pokemon

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
Well he tosses a freaking bird over his shoulder in the next episode. I'm pretty sure he's going to beat Hatopoo at least.

Fa7e

Ash: Pikachu use Thunderbolt!
Pikachu: **** that im using Seismic Toss *throws bird*

nah but really he better beat that bird, hes electric type ( BLAH BLAH type advantage doesnt matter, STFU ) and hes got 10+ years on him (jk even though its true)

Seiryu

Resident dragon
Why is everyone on this forum so annoying?>.>
...And you're just wondering this now?

You just put some very unsettling images into my mind -_-

I know, right? Paul would totally be the one on top there.

...wait.

Seriously though, Shooti seems to be somewhere between Gary and Paul, personality-wise. He's not as outright immature as Gary was, but unlike Paul, he doesn't appear to view Ash as inferior because of his training philosophy, but rather because he's (in Shooti's eyes) an uneducated, overenthusiastic hick. He's arrogant, but in a way that's different from either Gary or Paul.

As well, I get the feeling that the writers are trying to play up Shooti as a prodigy of sorts. He clearly knows more about moves, types, and battling in general than the average newbie, and he clicked with his starter extremely well for that being the first battle either of them were in. This is in contrast to Gary, who (like Kanto!Ash) tended at first to fall apart against anyone truly skilled and matured as a result, and Paul, who clearly worked his ass off in order to get to where he was. It wouldn't surprise me if he landed in the top eight at the league--pretty much higher than every other confirmed newbie has ever gotten in the series (well, besides maybe Ritchie, but he's a terrible character anyway).

As to this battle, I liked one idea someone else had--that while most of Shooti's pokemon are likely rather young, we have to remember that, well, so are all but one of Ash's. In fact, based on the fact that pretty much everyone but Pikachu is essentially beginner-level, I think it should be obvious that Ash was never going to have the advantage in this battle. Training is a factor as well; it similarly wouldn't surprise me if Shooti's seemingly inevitable win here could easily be justified by the fact that he, y'know, actually trains his pokemon (which, clearly, he does).

Hopefully, though, this means that we're getting the big loss out of the way early. If they want this rivalry to surpass the last one in any way, the writers need to have Ash win at least one real battle before their final showdown.

TheNewGuy

I at least like that the two stars of the last battle (Pokabu and Mijumaru) are being fall guys. Hopefully this at least comes down to a 1-0, which means Mamepato, Tsutarja and Pikachu will share 4 KOs.

Will be a crappy and rushed battle though. 1 ep simply isn't enough time for a good 5 on 5.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
Oh you know what just hit me, I bet I know how Janoby loses (or gets switched out. I'm not sure I see Janoby losing). Tsutarja probably hits it with Attract. That's like the only thing I can see here. So if the preview is any indication. the fight should go like this

Hatopoo vs. Mijumaru-Mijumaru loses
Hatopoo vs. Pokabu-Pokabu loses (these two are already fact)
Hatopoo vs. Pikachu-Pikachu wins (CAUSE HE CAN TOSS A BIRD OVER HIS SHOULDER! :p)
Janoby vs. Pikachu-Pikachu loses
Janoby vs. Tsutarja-Tsutarja....wins or something happens to have Janoby out of the field
Pururiru vs. Tsutarja-Tsutarja loses
Pururiru vs. Mamepato-Probably loses but at this point, I have no idea.

You never know. Everybody thought Pod/Corn/Dento vs. Ash was going to be a one episode battle and look what happened.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Janoby should be the last to battle seing as it's shooti's main Pokemon. Offtopic: What do you mean Narceous?

Crystal_Power

The Champion!
A bit off topic but I'm still waiting for James to capture a Pokemon... :(

dman_dustin

there is a possibility that pikachu and janovy will end up killing each other. The only other option is for pika to lose to pururiru, and I really don't want pika to lose to another water type.

However in the off chance Pikachu does manage to beat Janovy, which isn't likely, as well as Pikachu likely knocking out Hatooboo (first).

Would it really be so bad if then Pururiru were to knock out Pikachu? Of course we don't actually see Pikachu battling Pururiru so I kind of doubt it that match up will even happen.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Why was I thinking that Hatooboo was a illusion then?

Wait........ Ok I see it as a 3 on 3. I'm probably wrong but that's how I see it.

Pikachu vs Hatoboo (Pikachu)

Pikachu vs Janovy (Janovy)

Mamepoto vs Janovy (Mamepoto)

Mamepoto vs Pururiru (Pururiru)

Tsutaja vs Pururiru (Tie or Tsutaja) Shooti isn't Paul. He can't win every time because he is a newbie and nowhere as bad-as* as Paul. So tie or Ash win. Either will do.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
Why is everyone on this forum so annoying?>.>
Well, why are you so pretentious

I'm thinking about retracting what I said earlier, after watching the preview again i get the impression that Shooti's Pururiru will sweep whatevers left of ash's team after Janovy is defeated. Also, I'd just like to add that that over the shoulder flip might seriously be one of the coolest things I've ever seen Pikachu do :O

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
Why was I thinking that Hatooboo was a illusion then?

Wait........ Ok I see it as a 3 on 3. I'm probably wrong but that's how I see it.

Pikachu vs Hatoboo (Pikachu)

Pikachu vs Janovy (Janovy)

Mamepoto vs Janovy (Mamepoto)

Mamepoto vs Pururiru (Pururiru)

Tsutaja vs Pururiru (Tie or Tsutaja) Shooti isn't Paul. He can't win every time because he is a newbie and nowhere as bad-as* as Paul. So tie or Ash win. Either will do.
First of all it's not a three-on-three. We see in the preview that Mijumaru and Pokabu were taken out by Hotopoo. So it'll turn into a three-on-five at this rate.

Second, I just can't see that there is any way that a Tsutarja who just got tossed by Pendoraa (though it wasn't her fault) is going to stand a chance against Pururiru if the preview was any indication.

Also, I'd just like to add that that over the shoulder flip might seriously be one of the coolest things I've ever seen Pikachu do :O
I know right!?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
First of all it's not a three-on-three. We see in the preview that Mijumaru and Pokabu were taken out by Hotopoo. So it'll turn into a three-on-five at this rate.

I didn't see Mijumaru and Pokabu...

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Pause at :22 you can see Pokabu and Mijumaru were knocked out by Hatoopoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.