• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW010 - Rival Battle! Strong Opponent Pururiru!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shac

I think Pokabu is the one who needed a new attack. Ember and tackle are like the silliest attacks of all the pokemon attacks in Ash's team.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I think Pokabu is the one who needed a new attack. Ember and tackle are like the silliest attacks of all the pokemon attacks in Ash's team.

Hmmm...I agree...I forgot about Pokabu>.>It needs to learn Nitro Charge!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Ash didn't get a chance to really train all of his newly caught Pokemon yet. I'm surprised that he even got that far.

Torpoleon

Ash didn't get a chance to really train all of his newly caught Pokemon yet. I'm surprised that he even got that far.
Well, chances are that the only Pokémon on Shooti's side that loses is Hatooboo from Pikachu, so it wont be that surprising. Besides, Mijumaru & Pokabu probably landed some hits on Hatooboo and I still doubt Pikachu will easily beat Hatooboo. You are right that Ash really didn't get a chance to train Mamepato, Mijumaru, Pokabu & Tsutarja. Hopefully we can see him training at the beginning of BW011.

So, Tsutarja uses Leaf Blade? I think that is pretty cool that it has another move.

Waterpokes

Are we watching the same show? Tackle just got 20 damage more awesome in B/W, so it's almost double as awesome now.

On a more serious note, I do think Pokabu needs more moves, mainly duo Ember and Tackle doesn't show much variety in his movepool. Then again, they can make Ember just like Piplup's Whirlpool. Because I remember Whirlpool as a really strong move in DP, but when in reality, it sucks majorly.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Hmmm...I agree...I forgot about Pokabu>.>It needs to learn Nitro Charge!

I think he will probably learn it in the Chaoboo episode, Nitro Charge is learned at a fairly low level so he should learn it in some episodes, probably like I said either Chaoboo or an episode centered on Pokabu, I saying Chaoboo since it will probably appear the little dude seeing its evolution just like Mijumaru saw Futachimaru and Tsutarja sees Shooti Janoby.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I don't know about videos, but Pocketmonsters.net (Serebii's affiliate) uploaded pictures of it:

(Page 49)

Thanks. The Leaf Blade attack of Tsutarja looks cool. I still think this battle might be pretty short than it looks, with more half of the battles end quickly.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Tsutarja is really having an awesome moveset, should be a really fun pokemon to see battling and personalitty wise is pretty appealing, I hope it can beat Pururiru and then just loose to the next dude but I dont put my hands on fire for it.

knux-the-killer

Seems that battle will be really 5 vs 5, so there's still 2 pokés from Shooti that maybe we will see. But Ash defeating him is something that I heavily doubt. I mean, pokabu has a silly movepool. He knows only ember and tackle? Ridiculous.
And Shooti has at least 2 evolved pokés. Seems that we finally got a real-time trainer in the anime (after the first gym and evolving the starter and the regional bird)
Honestly only tsutaja from the new set has decent moves (save mijumaru's shell blade and mamepato's air cutter) since seems that she knows leaf blade.
Will be interesting if Shooti's janobi is male (it voice kinda called that) with a different set of moves, once it knows grass mixer and Ash's tsutaja knows grass oath (according bulbapedia, no official confirmation)

SaveOurPokemon

Original Series Fan
I can accept the fact that Ash's four Isshu Pokemon, recently caught and only minimally trained, might not fare so well against evolved Isshu Pokemon. However, I expect much more from Pikachu. Now, I'm not saying I want him to sweep Shooti's team or anything, but he should at least put up a better showing than his first gym performance. These power fluctuations are getting more than annoying at this point.

Torpoleon

Well, that part of Tsutarja does look like a leaf. Leaf Blade doesn't always have to come from an arm, like Ash's Sceptile. I can see Tsutarja using that move on Pururiru mostly because I do believe that is what happens. I haven't seen the Pokémon Smash Preview yet.

Either way, Ash more than likely will lose against Shooti.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Ash will lose due to the annoying Hatooboo and Pururiru's Cursed Body...after these 2 are cleared Janovy comes to play and by that time Ash will prob just have Pikachu...tired from the previous battle

swamp_swampert

Swamp master
imagine if at the end of the battle pikachu defeats janovy and shooti goes away cuz he doesnt have more pokemon or something like that
but saying something that annoys ash about how weak his pokemon are

Status
Not open for further replies.