• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW010 - Rival Battle! Strong Opponent Pururiru!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterpokes

Saying Ash has to loose to keep the rivalry going is ridiculous, Ash can finally act as a senior trainer him beating Shooti would be the way to go to me, I dont want another Paul because like I said the hero doesnt have to looses always to the rival to keep the rivalry going, thats just cheap.

Agreed. Ash was a step behind Gary and Paul, and now Shooti? I do think that having Ash being a step behind his rivals is fun to watch, but would it kill them to have Ash being one step before Shooti?

Ash defeating Shooti in this episode can bring many possible scenarios in the future.

But it's the typical thing. Hero is always behind his rival, until the very end of the season/region and then defeats him. Easiest thing in the book in how to make a rivalry. Wouldn't damage them to be a little creative and think outside the book.

Man, did I just mention two and three common phrases? Guess I'm just as uncreative as the writers. Oh well.

Araleon

Chill
I think it'd be cool if the rivalry was, at first, Shooti catching up to Ash. Then, Shooti does something that provides the fanbase with something to talk about (something like Chimchar's release, but not a release. Maybe he steals something?), and he becomes better than Ash's Isshu team, maybe resulting in one Ash's Pokemon leaving him and then returning or something, and then Ash has to teach Shooti the difference between right and wrong.

I think Shooti getting swept up in Team Rocket or Team Plasma would be good, and even realistic. He's 10, and 10 year olds are easily manipulated, so TP could convince him that by joining them, he'd becmoe stronger and they'd help him if he helped them.

I think that plot would bring Isshu above Sinnoh in terms of villainous plot. It'll never beat Sinnoh in terms of partner's side quests, I think. I'd like to see Isshu try and beat Lucario versus Buizel in a gym battle. Seriously, that'd be brilliant!

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Well if the writers want Shooti to at least scratch the surface of what they had with Paul, then they better think of something other than Shooti > Ash until the final battle. That would just be boring.

terminoob

The Underdog
Ash beating Shooti would be so much better than Shooti beating Ash, especially if Shooti gets crushed worse than Ash did in his first full battle against Paul. That way we could see him become a grinder, and the next time he battles Ash, he could have a team of fully evolved Pokemon because he just trained them non-stop so he could beat Ash.

Or, you know, something interesting. I just want Ash to beat Shooti early on so he doesn't have to be like "HEY SHOOTI! BATTLE NAO!"

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well if the writers want Shooti to at least scratch the surface of what they had with Paul, then they better think of something other than Shooti > Ash until the final battle. That would just be boring.

Yup thats why he should get his *** whiped, get humbled by it, Ash getting a little cocky about it and loosing then to him middle region like with Paul but with this different setting this time and at the league they both are humbled and admire each other by now and have a nice battle, regardless of the outcome it should be nice with this build up in my opinion.

This makes sense to me and would be diferent from the Paul situation.

Squaaah

Yup thats why he should get his *** whiped, get humbled by it, Ash getting a little cocky about it and loosing then to him middle region like with Paul but with this different setting this time and at the league they both are humbled and admire each other by now and have a nice battle, regardless of the outcome it should be nice with this build up in my opinion.

This makes sense to me and would be diferent from the Paul situation.

I agree, a less intense battle between the two of them would be a nice change from Ash vs Paul.

I love the fact that they're having a major battle so early. It'll really help set up the direction of the rivalry in future. The Ash vs Paul 6 on 6 should've been a bit earlier, so this early 5 on 5 battle is great.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
too bad it's not going to happen

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Hey anything can happen. your probably right, but i think paul should have gotten 2 regions. Gary got it and may two main rivals also got it.

Yea but Ash & Gary hardly interacting in those 2 regions anyways. Out of all their interactions, did they even battle each other? I think they only battled twice in the Original Series. I could hardly count the Battle Frontier, since it was a filler saga. If you were to refer to them as Series, each rival got one series each. Paul's gone, it's now Shooti's time, so Paul won't return in Isshu.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I want Ash to lose this battle by with Shooti having 1 Pokemon left over, Ash loosing means he needs to prove himself.

Isis-sama

The ending between Paul and Ash was so anticlimactic it was ridiculous . . . Paul still likely abuses his Pokemon for all we know. The Shooti and Ash rivalry should be handled better, but it won't be if Shooti constantly beats Ash, since he's supposed to be a brand new trainer. I don't expect the writers to handle it differently though, but we'll see.

demiblood

Has it been confirmed that the rival is in fact shooti? Because if it isn't i would love it to be a different rival with a choabuu, then maybe pokabu wouldn't have to evolve to fill up the one in the opening.

Also, I would kind of like the rivalry to be Ash beating Shooti most of the time because Shooti is new. But then in the league Shooti beats Ash because Ash was so cocky although, I guess that would be kind of an upset.

Last edited:

playerking

Yes it is shooti and i expect the Chaobuu in the opening to be a COTD's Pokemon. Do you expect shooti to win or lose?

demiblood

Yes it is shooti and i expect the Chaobuu in the opening to be a COTD's Pokemon. Do you expect shooti to win or lose?

I could see it ending in a draw, I would hate for Shooti to win with a fully charged Pikachu now (assuming Ash uses him.) Also, I know this is a dumb question but what is COTD?

KibaLG8

I am starting to think this battle will be 5 VS 3. Shooti will probably only use Janovy, Pururiru, and a 3rd Pokemon. The 3rd Pokemon losing, then Pururiru doing some hefty damage to Ash's team and when Ash has 1 or 2 Pokemon left, Janovy is sent in, where Shooti wins.

I could see it ending in a draw, I would hate for Shooti to win with a fully charged Pikachu now (assuming Ash uses him.) Also, I know this is a dumb question but what is COTD?

COTD- Character of the Day. Also, there is POTD, which is Pokemon of the Day. Which are usually 1-time appearing characters.

Last edited:

playerking

Shooti isn't that good to only use 3 Pokemon in a 5 on 5 battle. Plus unless they have done it before i doubt they will tease us by saying 5 on 5 then they will show only 3 of 5 Pokemon.

demiblood

COTD- Character of the Day. Also, there is POTD, which is Pokemon of the Day. Which are usually 1-time appearing characters.

Oh, alright thank you.

I don't really see a 5 vs 5 this early.

Teshub

Banned
The writers might have shot themselves in the foot making Shootie an actual newbie. Imagine if Casey or May (before she decides to do contests) beat Ash in a battle and doing so in a consistent way to be considered a rival.

KibaLG8

The writers might have shot themselves in the foot making Shootie an actual newbie. Imagine if Casey or May (before she decides to do contests) beat Ash in a battle and doing so in a consistent way to be considered a rival.

There's worse, they've shot themselves in the balls: Ambipom, "The trade", Making Infernape look like Ash's right-hand man, making Torterra a laughing stock!

But I gotta agree on why they'd make Ash lose to a noob. Unless his Pururiru was trained by Chuck Norris. I mean a strong trainer before being released and Shooti caught it.

Status
Not open for further replies.