• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW013 - Chillarmy & Bel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

RickHoenn

Banned
Nobody else likes the idea of Bel becoming Iris' rival?

Omg plz NO! she doesn't need a rival >.> I love her but plz writers let Ash have her first female rival! *_*

Teshub

Banned
Omg plz NO! she doesn't need a rival >.> I love her but plz writers let Ash have her first female rival! *_*

She doesn't need to be anyone's rival considering the summary says she is there to run an errand for Araragi, giving Ash his badge case. I think she will most likely be a friend of the cast who makes several cameos.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Bel being Iris 'rival' is rather pointless. Unless Iris was applying to be a Gym leader and Bel was doing the same and the two were in a competition to see who was more qualified to be a gym leader...Actually that would make for a good plot. It wouldn't be like Contest but at the same time Iris can shine and do her own thing. Oh well, Iris doesn't need a rival since she's not doing anything, and even though the thought of Bel losing to Isshu Ash makes me mentally ill, I would take it over Bel not appearing at all.

There's no point of Iris and Dento having rivals if there not active.
Edit: I also hope they don't de-age Bel just so she's more shippy with Ash/Shooti/whoever.

Last edited:

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
That would ruin everything. EVERYTHING.
This.

And also, you might as well not deage her because i'm not shipping anybody but Ash/Iris ATM

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
All of you that have said "How can bel be Iris's rival?", obviously skipped my posts.

As i said before, Iris can't really get her Doryuzu to listen to her and Belle is a ditz they can be "Special" battle rivals, meaning they could do battles every now and then but they aren't strong battles because they aren't good battlers.

Teshub

Banned
This.

And also, you might as well not deage her because i'm not shipping anybody but Ash/Iris ATM

The writers dont care about your shipping irrationalities. I expect them to make Bel in a way were she can relate better to Ash and Co. Hence why Ash never ages so he is always on par with the game protagonists (ie. May and Dawn) and not be older than them.

Waterpokes

I would rather have Belle traveling with somebody, like Cheren. Then have Belle be like Dento and Iris and tag-along and then have Cheren as a potencial rival for Ash. Of course, these positions can be switched or both of them could be.

Only thing I want, is to see Belle being a supporting character and appear a lot. Then they can make her one of Ash's rival, and the only thing missing, is Cheren. Of course, that might be too many rivals, but they have done most things right, so maybe it will finally work.

And is it Belle or Bel? It is written Bel here, but I've checked some other sites, and it's written Belle. I personally like Belle better.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I don't get the people who are going "Belle's gonna be like Barry!". Yeah, they look similar, but their personalities are nothing alike - Belle is a ditz who does things at a casual pace, whereas Barry's a hyperactive nutcase. Belle also doesn't care much about strength, so she's not going to be "ditzy, yet extremely strong" like Whitney was. I also don't get how Belle appearing somehow means White's going to show up, but then again, I don't get why people kept hoping for her to appear after it became clear that she wouldn't be traveling with Ash.

I do, however, think Bel's going to be a recurring character, and that Cheren's going to pop up eventually. I won't bother speculating on whose rivals they'll be, if any, but I would be very surprised if Belle only showed up once.

And is it Belle or Bel? It is written Bel here, but I've checked some other sites, and it's written Belle. I personally like Belle better.
I don't think there's any official romanization, so it's mostly a matter of preference(or you can be like me and flip-flop between the two). Bel is russian for white, and I don't think Belle has that same meaning in any language, so Bel is probably closer to the intended romanization.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

playerking

That would ruin everything. EVERYTHING.

How would that ruin everything, because poor little Ash wont get one more rival, that will eventually be pushed away, because lets face Shooti is the main rival here. Belle isn't doing anything important in this episode and when she does do it a Pokemon goes and ruins. If she was Ash's rival she'll be as important as Conway as Ash's rival and we all know how much of a rival he was. So tell me what would that Ruin if Ash didn't get one more rival that will inevitably be pushed aside as the show progresses? Anyway does anyone think Araragi again this episode?

Last edited:

Sabonea_Masukippa

It would ruin the friendship Iris and Belle had in the games (which I recall you haven't played yet, but still). Belle's story and character in the game is actually really nice after Hiun City, including the bit where Iris looks after her when her Munna is stolen. I would hate for the anime writers to poop all over that.

And who honestly wants to see them having 'ditzy' battles? I honestly can't think of anything more boring and borderline offensive to have two main/supporting female cast members engaged like that.

playerking

Well they can battle slowly with each other because they are probably both bad it's best for dento and Ash to do the harder types of battling and they should leave the weaker trainers to battle another weaker trainer.

Although, if they are rivals they can still have a close bond. Like Ash and Barry, they were rivals but they were friends. I'm not saying they would be hardcore rivals.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I don't think there's any official romanization, so it's mostly a matter of preference(or you can be like me and flip-flop between the two). Bel is russian for white, and I don't think Belle has that same meaning in any language, so Bel is probably closer to the intended romanization.

On Bulbapedia they call her "Bel". So it's either their mistake because on Serebii and the rest of the sites it's Belle.

If she's Ash rival in Isshu I'd hope she will battle Ash a few times and in the league, then it won't be worth anyting.

Sabonea_Masukippa

On Bulbapedia they call her "Bel". So it's either their mistake because on Serebii and the rest of the sites it's Belle.

It's not a mistake, her name in Japanese is ベル 'beru' and without an official romanization Bel or Belle could be right, unless you think she's a reference to every one's favourite aunt on Tatooine.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Well they can battle slowly with each other because they are probably both bad it's best for dento and Ash to do the harder types of battling and they should leave the weaker trainers to battle another weaker trainer.

Although, if they are rivals they can still have a close bond. Like Ash and Barry, they were rivals but they were friends. I'm not saying they would be hardcore rivals.

People seriously think Bel has a chance of being Iris' rival? Ash has a higher chance of finding Misty in Isshu... and seeing Misty in Isshu is really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, low.

Either she will be a recurring character like Teshub said or she'll be Ash's rival. We all want a female rival for Ash, and we have a really high chance here.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
It would ruin the friendship Iris and Belle had in the games (which I recall you haven't played yet, but still). Belle's story and character in the game is actually really nice after Hiun City, including the bit where Iris looks after her when her Munna is stolen. I would hate for the anime writers to poop all over that.
Whoa, I didn't mean they would be virulent toward each other. I was thinking more of friendly rivalry. You know, they're mainly friends but every so often would have a battle or something. That way they could still keep the game plot. Of course, on the other hand if she's Ash's rival then we could follow the game plot completely.

Hey, don't mind me. All I want is for Bel to a recurring character.

playerking

^ I agree a friendly rivalry and she should be a recurring character.
What would be so cool about a female rival for Ash, it would create bel and Ash shippers. And it there is one thing i hate it's shippers. Now i'm not saying she would be Ash's rival, i just think they should have one rival for Ash this season, shootie. Either way i'm fine, as long as we see bel and her developing characters as the series progress, she is interesting and it would be cool if we saw her dad this episode and she eventually becomes a champion for one episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.