• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW014 - Shippou City

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Well it looks like Team Rocket are taking over Team Plasma's missions, so we might not get to see much of Team Plasma at all, especially not in this episode.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Well lets just look at the posibillities of Tepig evolving

1) There is one in the opening and we haven't seen one yet (could be Bel's of course)
2) Ash might need a type advantage against Aloe and even in promotions they say Chaooboo is the best option (it was before the games were released in corocoro or something)
3) Oshawott has been seen in the sketches for episode 20 and Pokabu wasn't

I personally want Oshawott to be the main star but i wouldn't mind it not evolving 1st once it evolves at some stage

(weird calling them by their dub names....it will take a while)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Why cant Ash have an evolved pokemon by the second gym? I dont see the problem, Shooti had two badges already and atleast two pokemons evolved, Ash could evolve Mamepato and Pokabu.

firestar319

The Marauder
Yeah I really think at this point, when Ash's gym battle against Aloe rolls around, he should have at least one evolved pokemon. Personally for me, the one who I think needs the evolution is Mamepato

playerking

Ash can have an evolved Pokemon, by Mamapeto evolving lets look at the points for Ash not evolving Pokabu,

-Belle will appear and if she is Ash's rival she should have the starter that is weakest to Ash's starter, or Ash's first starter. So she should have Pokabu, and it should evolve

-We could have an episode where Pokabu vs. Chaobuu, and Pokabu looses.

-The birds usually evolve earlier, and it's too freaking early for a starter of Ash's to evolve.

Now don't come on and dissect my points, because Pokabu could evolve, but it would be to freaking early. Or no Pokemon evolve yet.

dman_dustin

Yeah I really think at this point, when Ash's gym battle against Aloe rolls around, he should have at least one evolved pokemon. Personally for me, the one who I think needs the evolution is Mamepato

Except I'd rather Mamepato win once before evolving, since it would actually set itself apart from the past basic unevolved bird Pokemon. As Taillow and Starly never got a win in their stage.

Well maybe Taillow did, but it must've been against some nobody in one of the fillers of Hoenn that I probably didn't watch. But all the times it could've won from the episodes I saw it didn't. And no the Pokeringer matches don't count. And well Starly evolved before it could get in a match in, outside of Ash's first battle with Paul.

So personally I'd rather Ash's Pokabu evolve (first). Since it needs three moves, and already has win,so I'm comfortable with it evolving. Besides, it would make it seem like the writers don't care about starter advertising, since as far as I'm concerned it is never too early to evolve starters. Especially since the writers don't actually know that, and so we have to suffer with an unevolved starter for 100's of episode, which cuts down on it's evolved form's screen time and lessens the chance of it winning a battle.

Last edited:

playerking

Didn't Mamapeto get a win so Ash could capture Tsutaja, it's still a win, and since it is showing up more than the first few episodes, it probably means it will evolve soon, it might evolve before a possible rematch or in the possible only gym battle with Aloe.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
YES! The second gym! Can't wait to see Ash vs Aloe!

playerking

^ Not in this episode. This episode they arrive in shippou and something happens, episode 15 is the gym battle.

gliscor&yanmega

Well it looks like episode 15 will in-fact be the Gym Battle, figured as much.

I'm sticking to what I predicted. Ash, Iris, and Dento get to Shippou city, and go to the museum for whatever reason. The skull is stolen by Team Rocket, Pokabu shines in this episode and learns Nitro Charge.

playerking

I thought you called it Tepig?
Pokabu can shine in another episode and learn that move it doesn't have to be this one. If Pokabu is in the gym battle, it should learn it then seeing as Tsutaja randomly knew leaf blade and Mijumaru randomly knew shell blade, two blades :D.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Ash can have an evolved Pokemon, by Mamapeto evolving lets look at the points for Ash not evolving Pokabu,

-Belle will appear and if she is Ash's rival she should have the starter that is weakest to Ash's starter, or Ash's first starter. So she should have Pokabu, and it should evolve

-We could have an episode where Pokabu vs. Chaobuu, and Pokabu looses.

-The birds usually evolve earlier, and it's too freaking early for a starter of Ash's to evolve.

Now don't come on and dissect my points, because Pokabu could evolve, but it would be to freaking early. Or no Pokemon evolve yet.

Uh, maybe it might not be a good idea for any pokemon to evolve yet without atleast know some better moves. Plus, having Pokabu evolving will make veiwers angry because of the attention that again the fire starter will have.

gliscor&yanmega

Pokabu can shine in another episode and learn that move it doesn't have to be this one. If Pokabu is in the gym battle, it should learn it then seeing as Tsutaja randomly knew leaf blade and Mijumaru randomly knew shell blade, two blades :D.

I still haven't gotten use to their names so I sometimes unknowingly use their Japanese names. That's why I'm using the English names so I can get use to them more.

Of course it doesn't have to be this one but that doesn't me it wont be this episode.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Tepig is such a weak name. It's german name is soooo much better: Floink. I heavily suggest everybody boycotting 'Tepig', using Floink or either Pokabu.

Tsutaja and Mijumaru haven't randomly learned Leaf Blade and Shell Blade. Ash saw them being used by both Janobii and Futachimaru in the Battle Club in BW04. Coincidence? Sure, it wasn't outwardly hinted at, but Ash is known to teach moves to pokemon that he has seen being used, such as Flare Blitz.

dman_dustin

Didn't Mamapeto get a win so Ash could capture Tsutaja, it's still a win, and since it is showing up more than the first few episodes, it probably means it will evolve soon, it might evolve before a possible rematch or in the possible only gym battle with Aloe.

While I have no doubt if it came to it, Mamepato would've knocked out Snivy. The fact is Snivy wasn't knocked out. It doesn't count as a win, unless the Pokemon is knocked out.

Grei

not the color
Tepig is such a weak name. It's german name is soooo much better: Floink. I heavily suggest everybody boycotting 'Tepig', using Floink or either Pokabu.

I agree, so much. Floink is much cooler, it's the name I'm using.

Chimchar15

I'm sorry but Tepig rocks. You guys need to get used to it more. I heard Floink before and I'm not crazy about it. Anyways it would be cool to see Tepig evolve and fight against Aloe's Miruhog is BW 15.

playerking

Still Mijumaru and Tsutaja knew shell blade and leaf blade, and we would of at least seen a battle with Ash trying to teach them. If not we still didn't know they knew how to use so Pokabu can do the same in a future battle, probably not this episode.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
They knew Shell Blade and Leaf Blade since the moment Ash first encountered them

We just didn't see them until the episodes they first used them in

probably to make the moment seem cooler (well, cooler for Oshawott)

Status
Not open for further replies.