• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW015 - Janovy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
To be fair, Bulbapedia deliberately didn't post the Corocoro scan with the starters evolutions for 3 days because they had been so adamant that the leak was fake. Their opinion isn't always correct.

Neither is mine and I have been wrong before.

Here's an alternate translation of the title:

'Janovy's Struggle! Miruhog The Dreadful!!' It's hard to get across in English, but while the grammar is perfectly fine, it's uncommon and I don't think I've ever seen it used in a Pokemon title (that being said I am no expert on titles).

The blog post also adds this:

#15辺りは「奮闘」「おそるべし」がアニポケタイトルらしくないのでガセでしょう。タブンネ
As for the 15th Ep, 'Struggle' and 'The Dreadful' aren't typical of the Pokemon anime, so it's probably fake.

And:
#15:もしこれが事実だとすれば、アロエさんのミルホッグに苦戦するツタが進化、という流れでしょう。
おそるべき、とか「怒りの前歯」「催眠術」とかかw
ガセ確定ですが・・・。実際はジム戦かな。
あと18:00放送というのはまずありえない。
15th Ep: If we suppose this is real, it'll probably go something like Tsutarja has trouble against Aloe's Miruhog and evolves. Will it be the dreadful 'Super Fang' or 'Hyponosis'? lol
Although I've decided that it's fake. I wonder if the real one will be the gym battle? [Trans note: Sunnyshore's art has not bled over to the Japanese fanbase, it seems] Also, a 6PM Broadcast is basically impossible.

Take that how you will.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt then. I trust you the most, because I recognize your translations more than anybody.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
Telling you guys. Just lock the thread until we get full confirmation. It would solve a lot of problems.
Well, either way its happening. The writers are finally listening to us and we NOW COMPLAIN THAT THIS GEN IS GOING TOO FAST!!! WHAT DO U WANT?? COME ON MAN
The fandom is fickle and crap. It happens.

Teshub

Banned
Generation V will be the shortest generation ever, due to the fact that this is the third major game on the same system. All other generation lasted less than 4 years. If we are going to get a regular timescale for the BW generation then it will impede promotion of the new Nintendo handheld. I'm expecting this generation to last 2 years.

GB - R/G/B/Y
GBC - G/S/C
GBA - R/S/E & FR/LG
NDS - D/E/Pt & HG/SS & B/W

Why does this matter? The anime's length has to follow the games. I really expect Ash to develop his pokes quickly.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Suny's a she

Honest mistake, I swear! I'll refer to her as a she from now on ;)

Faster paced

This is what ppl wanted and this is what ppl will get. We would never expect this after they dumped contests for (maybe) a filler arc

They dumped contests because they became tiresome to watch and were written off the freaking games. They had minimal input in the game back in R/S, but they were in four different towns, so they could be explored, but when Emerald came along, they were already reformed to being in a single town, then D/P had them being in a single town yet again, and now B/W don't have them at all...

Faster paced has to do with Team Rocket starting an arc in the first episode, when in previous arcs, the villain plot would start later then that, especially their direct involvement. That and Ash capturing pokemon left and right.

Well, either way its happening. The writers are finally listening to us and we NOW COMPLAIN THAT THIS GEN IS GOING TOO FAST!!! WHAT DO U WANT?? COME ON MAN

The writers aren't listening to us... 'Us' as a fandom is very much divided if you haven't noticed..

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Generation V will be the shortest generation ever, due to the fact that this is the third major game on the same system. All other generation lasted less than 4 years. If we are going to get a regular timescale for the BW generation then it will impede promotion of the new Nintendo handheld. I'm expecting this generation to last 2 years.

GB - R/G/B/Y
GBC - G/S/C
GBA - R/S/E & FR/LG
NDS - D/E/Pt & HG/SS & B/W

Why does this matter? The anime's length has to follow the games. I really expect Ash to develop his pokes quickly.

What does this have to do with the episode? If they do have other Gen 5 games, they will most likely be on the 3DS.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Okay you guys believe this, either way if it is real just because it says Janovy, because Tsutaja has made itself clear that it is strong enough, to not evolve. It could be a COTD's that has a subplot in the episode, maybe it interrupts the battle or something. With all the evidence that says it's fake,

The Pikachu short movie poster (They usually have the characters starters in their basic stage in the first movies)

The grammar is bad

It says 6PM

It's too early for it to evolve

It doesn't say Gym in the title

Then, you can add up the evidence for it being real. Also Tsutaja would have been in the lineup.

Again we are not for sure that the starters on the poster are ashs, they could just be random.

And so what if tsutarja is strong? That means it shouldn't evolve? I do no understand this at all. Im also trying to figure out how it is too soon for it to evolve. The only reasons for a pokemon not to evolve is:

1. If the pokemon has no character developement, which tsutarja does with the whole attract thing and also with the possible trainer abandoning thing.

2. If the pokemon doesn't know any good moves, which again tsutarja does know very good moves. If you said it was too soon for pokabu or mijumaru, then I might agree with you.

And finally

3. If the pokemon is too young or it can't battle very well, which again it does battle very well.

Now these are just in my opinion so don't say there not confirmed or anything. So in my opinion its not to soon. And im pretty sure if the title said hatoboo, then people would be happy about mamepato evolving. So again it is not too soon.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

GB - R/G/B/Y
GBC - G/S/C
GBA - R/S/E & FR/LG
NDS - D/P/Pt & HG/SS & B/W

Yet the 3DS is the new handheld and will be released in februari of 2011... POKEMON WILL NOT RELEASE ANOTHER GAME TO TIE IN WITH THIS NEW HANDHELD! Perhaps the third installment, or possible remakes, but this generation will not end because of the 3DS. Especially seeing as how the 3DS also supports normal DS play.

They don't listen to "us" normally. All that is important are the Japanese children and nothing more.

And those are kinda hard for us to tell what they are thinking..

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Buizle and Corphish knew good moves, did they evolve. Treeko lost to grovyle and it evolved, Buizle won against Floatzle and it didn't evolve. Attract is character development, not really, Tsutaja, the only thing stand out about her is that it is sneaky, Mijumaru has the best stand out personality and Pokabu is the baby that has proven it can be strong sometimes (The least stand out personality of the starters). Why would they all be someone else's starters, this isn't like movie 12.
What is the evidence that it is real?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Okay and your basing it on the past and we know the writer are changing it up this season. Also corphish and buizel didn't evolve cuz of the whole no water pokemon evolves thing except for kingler. And atttract is too charcacter developement cuz that is what helps her stand out. And I never said they were someone elses I said that they were random there is a difference.

playerking

Well Mijumaru is most likely going to evolve hear, so they should probably make another Pokemon not evolve. Attract is in no way a character development unless it uses it almost every episode. Yeah the writers can change it like from making the grass Pokemon not evolve for a while like the water Pokemon. I'm not saying Tsutaja definitely wont evolve because it can it's just evidence points towards it being strong enough so it shouldn't evolve. And no matter what if the writers can change it or not a starter evolving this early would be stupid. And as i said what evidence is there for this being real?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
See I do not understand this why does another pokemon have to not evolve? All of ash starters can evovle and I hope they do. The evidence for it being real let's see, the thread hasn't been closed yet, and bulbapedia put it on the site and they are pretty reliable. Again im not saying its a 100 percent real but it can be.

playerking

Well lets see Ash always has at least one Pokemon that doesn't evolve because don't want too many evolution and or they want to Ash can have a Pokemon without evolving it like Torkoal, why did they give it to Ash? Probably because it doesn't evolve as of yet. They probably haven't closed it because they haven't seen it or they think why not lets leave it open, or because they don't see the evidence against it. And Bulbapedia, you know bulbapedia is like wikipedia people can change as they want and the person that probably put on bulbapedia was Adyniz, the person who believes this.

magicallypuzzled

this reminds me of the other tsutarja has a hard struggle episode title either they are both fake or it was a episode further along than they though.

i am betting fake don't get me wrong other then pikachu and mamepato, tsutarja's the only one on ash's team so far that i actually care about so i'd love to have an episode centered around it.

but still i am thinking fake

playerking

^We've seen that. Anyway, i will believe this episode is real until we get some evidence towards it, until then it's fake and janovy wont be here, probably not Ash's possible Janovy. Also the thread about this at the bulbagarden forums got locked.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
I'd love it if it was Shooti's Janobii, I would like to see him react to his Prideful snake being afraid of a crack-headed suricate.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok and again you are basing it off the past. Till the writers themselves come out and say that ash will have at least one pokemon that wont evolve on all his teams I will believe that he can have a fully evolved team. And about bulbapedia, sure its a wicky but just try to post something fake, they delete it in like two seconds and they will get really mad at you.

playerking

^Yeah they would get mad at you but right now they aren't because it's possible that it's real, which right now it's fake. I don't think it's shooti's unless he lied about winning the second badge, because he wants to seem like he is better then Ash it wouldn't be Shooti's. And i am basing it off the past because they always want Ash to have one that doesn't evolve if Mijumaru evolves, sure Tsutaja might, but if another one like meguroko evolves which i doubt Tsutaja could evolve. So with the evidence against can you make more evidence to why it can be real?

Crystal_Power

The Champion!
Well, I hope this is real since it would mean another episode of Aloe! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.