• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW019 - Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai vs Futachimaru!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I find it great that Dent is getting some significant screentime again. It was god timing as well. Not too soon since his last ep and not long enough for us to have a major moan and say Brock rip off again....just right :)

I find it great that Dent is getting some significant screentime again. It was god timing as well. Not too soon since his last ep and not long enough for us to have a major moan and say Brock rip off again....just right :)

I know! It's great pacing for his character and his pokemon and I hope the writers keep that up. Dento's a cool character and he's already one of my favorites. It's nice to see him and his pokemon get focus.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Definitely and for Ishizumai in particular

Pansage gets the most screen time from Dent and Ishizumai was begining to be forgotten so perfect :)

Now we just need Excadrill to make a comeback soon

GaZsTiC

Alternating

R_N

You know if I had to warrant a guess, Dento is probably using Dwebble (wobbles but he doesn't fall down~) to show he has such good compatibility he can use it even against a stronger Pokemon both type wise and evolution wise.

I hope Ash pays attention, may help in his battle with Arti, too.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
Cabernet, huh? Naming a Sommelier after a wine type. Clever or obvious? Makes me wonder what will be his (her?) dub name. I'm more than positive that they don't want a character named like an alcoholic beverage
Well, we had Princess Salvia didn't we? I would think a powerful hallucinogen like that would cause more controversy than a wine reference.

Anyways, I think it's great to see Dwebble get some screen time; To the best of my knowledge it hasn't been seen once since it's debut. I just wish his opponent was a Pokemon that we haven't seen yet, as opposed to Dewott.

#1PokemonFan

oh my, a 3 week gap between this episode and BW18? February 3rd is the Diamond and Pearl hour long special and then the 10th is a Nurato Special. This is nuts. I am sick of these breaks!

gliscor&yanmega

Is that Dewott a fan name.

No. A list came out with all the names, it has a high chance at being right. Dewott was the name for Futachimaru.

Anyways, I think it's great to see Dwebble get some screen time; To the best of my knowledge it hasn't been seen once since it's debut. I just wish his opponent was a Pokemon that we haven't seen yet, as opposed to Dewott.

It was seen in BW012, the episode after it's debut. Although it was very brief and minor, still it appeared nonetheless. But it is nice to see it again.

I have no problem with the opponent being a Pokemon we've seen before. Although I would rather it be a Pokemon that didn't really have much battle time. Dewott didn't have much but there are other Pokemon who didn't have any real battle time that have already been debuted.

oh my, a 3 week gap between this episode and BW18? February 3rd is the Diamond and Pearl hour long special and then the 10th is a Nurato Special. This is nuts. I am sick of these breaks!

Well Naruto has no episode on the 3rd so it having two on the 10th is understandable. The wait is going to be long and painful but it's not all that bad, we really only go without Pokemon for one week.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Obviously Ash's Oshawott wont be evolving here since he clearly appears in BW020. It would be nice if this episode is focused solely on (or mostly on) Dento and Ash showng the Pokémon he is proud of is more than likely Pikachu.

I don't think Dento's Ishizumai will evolve here, but anything can happen. I do think there could be some good character development for Dento's Ishizumai and maybe there could be some Dento backstory.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Just like I thought. As soon as Ash recieved his sixth Pokemon, the attention now lands on the secondary characters now. Which makes sense.

HoennMaster

Why is everyone being a downer? Ishizumai has done something! It helped clean up garbage!!!................................

Anyway. I'm excited for this episode. I've been wanting some back story on Dent and Iris so this will be great and nice to see Ishizumai again. Hopefully this character is a great character and becomes a new recurring character.

Araleon

Chill
It would seem that Pidove will evolve into Tranquill in this episode (it's a shame that Tranquill's evolution sucks, Unfezant is an awesome name for a bird). Woo?

And Dewott versus Dwebble? Sweet.

I want to see this Sommelier thing become a competition or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.